PDA

View Full Version : MLB bans water.

Eric
23rd April 08, 10:05 PM
Two signs on the doors leading from the visitors' clubhouse at U.S. Cellular Field to the first-base dugout read, "NO BOTTLED WATER ON THE BENCH."
What's this? Athletes can't drink water? Even in the humid Chicago summers?
Here's the explanation I got:
Gatorade is Major League Baseball's "official sports drink." So instructions were sent that no player could be seen drinking anything but Gatorade in the dugout. Not even Aquafina, which is the "official water" of MLB. Not even bottles of water with the labels removed.
White Sox clubhouse personnel said if players take bottled water onto the bench, all the bottled water will be removed from the clubhouse as punishment.
So remember, the biggest threat to baseball isn't steroids or HGH or amphetamines or runaway ticket prices or four-hour games.
It's water.
link (http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2008/04/dont_drink_the_water.html)

I imagine they just have to drink their water out of Gatorade cup or something, still kinda silly. Gatorade: Its got electrolytes.

Obligatory Brawndo commercial:
op2CMJ3CvIo

Sun Wukong
23rd April 08, 11:01 PM
just when you thought you couldn't be more disappointed in people. YAY KIDNEY STONES!!!!

JohnnyCache
23rd April 08, 11:18 PM
just when you thought you couldn't be more disappointed in people. YAY KIDNEY STONES!!!!

From Gatorade?

Arhetton
23rd April 08, 11:20 PM
idiotic. I'd at the very least and bring down a god damn water cooler and make a fuss about this stupid rule. Fuck that cordial stuff, real men drink water.

Unless it was in my multimillion dollar contract, in which case, I will drink water when I get home.

nihilist
23rd April 08, 11:32 PM
What the fuck do Baseball playsrs need water for? It's not like they are real athletes.

jvjim
23rd April 08, 11:58 PM
What the fuck do Baseball playsrs need water for? It's not like they are real athletes.
Thank you!!!! Baseball is like Tetris, it's really hard at the highest levels, but it's not a real video game. It's just for wee little girls and fancy pants Russians. Fuck Tetris and baseball!

socratic
24th April 08, 03:30 AM
Brawndo's got electrolytes!

ICY
24th April 08, 04:19 AM
qRuNxHqwazs
The original of that Brawndo vid

socratic
24th April 08, 11:16 AM
qRuNxHqwazs
The original of that Brawndo vid

Doubt it. Picnicface probably didn't make the Brawndo vid as far as I know.

Sirc
25th April 08, 02:06 AM
tgBmcId1Myc

brakeonthroo
2nd May 08, 02:19 PM
well that is just simply retarded
Matt

Toby Christensen
23rd June 08, 12:21 AM
^ lawsuit pending.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 08, 12:28 AM
This thread was over a month old and you're trying to convince us you're not retarded?

WarPhalange
23rd June 08, 12:31 AM
I heard an ad for I think taco time or taco bell (one of the shitty taco branches) that was in the style of Powerthirst. I damn near rammed my shitty car into a taco time out of spite.

Toby Christensen
23rd June 08, 12:34 AM
MEGA-JESUS, you really are just a little emo-kid at the end of the day. I am so VERY disappointed in you. Here I was ready to dive into the depths of your subconscious and came up with splashing in a puddle.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 08, 12:34 AM
taco time is a great name though

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 08, 12:35 AM
MEGA-JESUS, you really are just a little emo-kid at the end of the day. I am so VERY disappointed in you. Here I was ready to dive into the depths of your subconscious and came up with splashing in a puddle.

last time i went to get a haircut he chopped too much off and currently it is not long enough for my emo fringe
too bad

Toby Christensen
23rd June 08, 12:38 AM
Ozmex walks all over anywhere I've been to. And it's run by an Argentinian. People are supposed to hate Argentinians more than anything, however my real hate lies towards a particular Chilean. No, not Pinochet. Some little greasy backpacker. I hope to break his legs one day at the shin and see how much backpacking he gets in then.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 08, 12:39 AM
That's the strangest slashfiction I've ever read.

nihilist
23rd June 08, 12:57 AM
Ozmex walks all over anywhere I've been to. And it's run by an Argentinian. People are supposed to hate Argentinians more than anything, however my real hate lies towards a particular Chilean. No, not Pinochet. Some little greasy backpacker. I hope to break his legs one day at the shin and see how much backpacking he gets in then.

What's the use you learning to do right, when it's troublesome to do right and ain't no trouble to do wrong, and the wages is just the same?

Toby Christensen
23rd June 08, 01:21 AM
That is the existential dilemma I find myself in.

Now if only I could find some hippies to choke out.

bob
23rd June 08, 06:57 AM
Helter Skelter

Toby Christensen
23rd June 08, 06:03 PM
HA! Violent hippy or not, those dreadlocks provide a good handle for headlocks. And a diet deficient in animal proteins makes them weaker than me. Plus if they smoke ganja before the bout they'll be putty in my hands.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 08, 07:37 PM
i liked this thread better when it was about my hair

Toby Christensen
24th June 08, 10:38 PM
i liked this thread better when it was about my hair

Shut the fuck up hippy.

:wink:

nihilist
25th June 08, 12:37 AM
Toby's stock is rising.