PDA

View Full Version : Videos of the hardest games ever to have ever existed

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:05 PM
Ikaruga:
E6VsDunsw1E

I wanna be the guy:
CPBgxWyXYKI

I'm trying to decide which one of these games is the hardest game ever in the existence of gaming.

Ikaruga is a test of reflexes and precision in a coked up crack heavy fucked up kind of way and I wanna be the guy is a test of precision and reflexes in a sort of japanese game show where it's impossible to do what the creator asks and really if you win, it's really out of sheer luck rather than skill because it's designed to be unbeatable.

I've beaten both of them but only on easy. I know there are people who have done it on hard, but those people are also liars or robots. But beating it on easy has already made me significantly more accomplished than 99% of the human population.

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:19 PM
l63XrZtwcg4

This is the video I was originally looking for. This is on the impossible mode.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th April 08, 11:22 PM
Lion King

jvjim
15th April 08, 11:28 PM
pgSG4OaqehQ

WarPhalange
15th April 08, 11:31 PM
Ikaruga is a test of reflexes

No, it's not. At all. The patterns are always the same. It's just a case of memorizing them well enough and repeating it over and over until you have it ingrained in your brain.

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:36 PM
Last boss on hard IWBTG:
NmfwcBfqmKI

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:37 PM
No, it's not. At all. The patterns are always the same. It's just a case of memorizing them well enough and repeating it over and over until you have it ingrained in your brain.

Having to switch colors at the right time is reflexes too. Even if you have it ingrained in your head.

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:37 PM
First stage Ikaruga (hard):
Ciw7Oc_F-Y0

WarPhalange
15th April 08, 11:42 PM
Having to switch colors at the right time is reflexes too. Even if you have it ingrained in your head.

No, it's not reflexes if you know when you have to do it ahead of time. Then it's called "timing".

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:42 PM
OH and if you want to play IWTBG:

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

Download at your own risk.

Sirc
15th April 08, 11:43 PM
No, it's not reflexes if you know when you have to do it ahead of time. Then it's called "timing".

OK PL. You win. You get your little cookie. Go enjoy it now you little scamp.

WarPhalange
15th April 08, 11:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex

Wounded Ronin
16th April 08, 12:04 AM
pgSG4OaqehQ

WTF, Simba takes all these hits but nothing happens. He can bang into rocks all day. Battletoads was tougher in the Turbo Tunnel.

jvjim
16th April 08, 12:16 AM
WTF, Simba takes all these hits but nothing happens. He can bang into rocks all day. Battletoads was tougher in the Turbo Tunnel.
Fucking hax man, we didn't have that shit back in grade number 3, just skill and heart. And glue sticks.

Domite
16th April 08, 01:02 AM
Ikaruga is for sissies.

4Nb5Ohbt1Sg

Sirc
16th April 08, 01:06 AM
Ikaruga is for sissies.

4Nb5Ohbt1Sg

What a shitty video. That was like watching a bunch of blurs run around getting their heads cut off.

Domite
16th April 08, 01:15 AM
The easy parts in the beginning are fast forwarded.

Eric
16th April 08, 02:23 AM
This game (http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/the_worlds_hardest_game) is pretty fucking hard, doesn't live up to its title though, I don't think.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th April 08, 02:28 AM
remember slime ball?

yeah that's right

Steve
16th April 08, 02:38 AM
Old:

in6RZzdGki8

Domite
16th April 08, 03:18 AM
remember slime ball?

yeah that's right

how many are there after the black one?

Arhetton
16th April 08, 05:37 AM
vampires rain. fucking terrible game because of how hard it was.

Mas
16th April 08, 12:39 PM
Donkey Kong, there is an element of random bullshit that cannot be memorized by normal fucking people.

In regards to Ikaruga it's an awesome game and I believe you have beaten it on easy Sirc, but in regards to I Wanna Be the Guy I'd have to see vid of you beating it, cause I think you're full of shit. That game is fucking impossible. If indeed you have then you're a freak, well more so than ever before that is.

Mas
16th April 08, 01:51 PM
Sounds like somebody (^) sucks at videogames...

Sirc
16th April 08, 02:13 PM
Crap. I thought accomplishment had to do with relationships, integrity, financial gains, and success at your career of choice. I need to play more video games I guess.

All that shit is easy, son. Ikaruga and IWBTG are like conquering new lands with your army.

Donkey Kong, there is an element of random bullshit that cannot be memorized by normal fucking people.

In regards to Ikaruga it's an awesome game and I believe you have beaten it on easy Sirc, but in regards to I Wanna Be the Guy I'd have to see vid of you beating it, cause I think you're full of shit. That game is fucking impossible. If indeed you have then you're a freak, well more so than ever before that is.

Fuck you. I'm never going to try that again. You should try it on easy. It's significantly more possible with save points every 2 levels rather than every 10. I used the videos on youtube to help me out and I spent probably about 2-3 hours on each boss. It was quite the adventure.

Sirc
16th April 08, 02:14 PM
Other than first person shooters with a mouse and keyboard, or realistic driving games like Forza, I do suck. But as I have gotten older, (I am 32) video games just don't do it for me anymore.

LOL @ Forza being "realistic."

ICY
16th April 08, 02:21 PM
IWTBTG looks fucking hard, but Ikaruga looks like Space Invaders WHERE YOU CAN GET HIT A MILLION FUCKING TIMES. Galaga looks harder than that shit.

Olorin
16th April 08, 02:24 PM

Did you just watch King of Kong?

Steve
16th April 08, 02:28 PM
I need to see that film, missed it when it played here.

Sirc
16th April 08, 02:34 PM
IWTBTG looks fucking hard, but Ikaruga looks like Space Invaders WHERE YOU CAN GET HIT A MILLION FUCKING TIMES. Galaga looks harder than that shit.

That's the thing.

There's two colored ships, black and white. If you switch to your white ship, the white energy balls will absorb into your shields and you can gather energy and use it like a bomb, and your attacks will do double against the black ships and vice versa. The game gets hard when you are shifting between black and white constantly over and over and over again while dodging and trying to kill things.

Mas
16th April 08, 02:46 PM
Did you just watch King of Kong?
On the 2600 I played it, but I saw King of Kong when it came out, which was an excellent movie.

Fuck you. I'm never going to try that again. You should try it on easy. It's significantly more possible with save points every 2 levels rather than every 10. I used the videos on youtube to help me out and I spent probably about 2-3 hours on each boss. It was quite the adventure.
I'm just jealous, because I've tried (and failed). Ikaruga on the other hand I enjoyed and even beaten.

Also, flight sims with realistic settings are fucking hard too. Il-2 Sturmovik comes to mind.

Sirc
16th April 08, 02:49 PM
On the 2600 I played it, but I saw King of Kong when it came out, which was an excellent movie.

I'm just jealous, because I've tried (and failed). Ikaruga on the other hand I enjoyed and even beaten.

IWBTG at 3 hours minimum per boss x 8 bosses = over 24 hours of game time. Some people can beat it in an hour.

I'm just happy that I finished it. Of course I promptly deleted the program and vowed never to download that game ever again. It's a pox.

Sirc
16th April 08, 02:58 PM
Shit, I think that I'm going to have someone change my SN to "The Guy."

Sirc
16th April 08, 03:00 PM
Upon further inspection, I wanna be the guy is definitely a much much harder game. Going back and thinking about both (because there's no way in hell you can get me to play them again, I'm not that much of a masochist.) IWBTG made me want to kill more people and was sig-fucking-nificantly harder.

Mas
16th April 08, 03:09 PM
100% agree. Ikaruga only seldom made me want to smash the controller into a billion pieces; IWBTG made me hate humanity, Randian-style.

I was a big fan of the Shinobi games growing up, I even still bust out Shinobi II and III now and again, but the one that came out for PS2 was ridiculously difficult, I'd say harder than DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden. I make the comparison because they are somewhat similar games. I wanted to get all the coins and shit, but by the time I was done I didn't want to play it anymore.

Shinobi II & III which were/are awesome:

IyJ4WEp_bI4

iYPbqw-AQuM

Shinobi PS2: This guy makes it look way easier than it is

z6hTW4Hn7DE

Sirc
16th April 08, 03:17 PM
100% agree. Ikaruga only seldom made me want to smash the controller into a billion pieces; IWBTG made me hate humanity, Randian-style.

I actually cried tears (manly) of anger.

Robstafarian
16th April 08, 04:21 PM
LOL @ Forza being "realistic."
Exactly. I've never played Forza, but not long ago I learned my lesson with regard to the realism of console racing sims.

I've owned Gran Turismo 4 for a little over 3 years now, and every minute of it has been played with the Driving Force Pro (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_2/wheels/devices/273&cl=us,en). At some point last year I found out about some seriously expensive steering wheel and pedal setups for PCs, which led me my discovery of GTR2 (http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1) [Warning: European techno]. I was very good at GT4 at the time (though I hadn't won every race or gotten gold in every license test), so I decided to download the GTR2 demo and see what it was like. I installed the demo, hooked up my Driving Force Pro to my computer for the first time, and got ready to kick ass.

Then I got my ass handed to me.

You see, it turns out that the "Real Driving Simulator" (GT4) is actually very generous when it comes to breaking. Every car in the game is presumed to have anti-lock brakes, which can be abused indefinitely without effect.

GTR2, on the other hand, simulates the race cars involved in FIA GT racing - none of which have ABS. My aggressive entrance into the first corner of Barcelona (the track in the demo) wound up being a lesson in inertia, as well as proof that real race cars become damaged when they run into a wall. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I think it's far to say that dragging my right wheel added at least 10 minutes to my lap time. I could go on for several pages about how much more realistic GTR2 is compared to GT4, but the fact that you actually have to start the car in GTR2 says it all.

Gran Turismo/Forza might be the most realistic racing game on your console, but excellence in either of them barely qualifies you to attempt GTR2.

P.S. The Windows driver for the Driving Force Pro allows you to set an arbitrary number of degrees of rotation, which means it can be set to 540 degrees to recreate the actual steering of an FIA GT car.

AAAhmed46
16th April 08, 06:52 PM
I loved shinobi 3.

My most favriote game of all time.

Sirc
16th April 08, 07:35 PM
Exactly. I've never played Forza, but not long ago I learned my lesson with regard to the realism of console racing sims.

I've owned Gran Turismo 4 for a little over 3 years now, and every minute of it has been played with the Driving Force Pro (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_2/wheels/devices/273&cl=us,en). At some point last year I found out about some seriously expensive steering wheel and pedal setups for PCs, which led me my discovery of GTR2 (http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1) [Warning: European techno]. I was very good at GT4 at the time (though I hadn't won every race or gotten gold in every license test), so I decided to download the GTR2 demo and see what it was like. I installed the demo, hooked up my Driving Force Pro to my computer for the first time, and got ready to kick ass.

Then I got my ass handed to me.

You see, it turns out that the "Real Driving Simulator" (GT4) is actually very generous when it comes to breaking. Every car in the game is presumed to have anti-lock brakes, which can be abused indefinitely without effect.

GTR2, on the other hand, simulates the race cars involved in FIA GT racing - none of which have ABS. My aggressive entrance into the first corner of Barcelona (the track in the demo) wound up being a lesson in inertia, as well as proof that real race cars become damaged when they run into a wall. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I think it's far to say that dragging my right wheel added at least 10 minutes to my lap time. I could go on for several pages about how much more realistic GTR2 is compared to GT4, but the fact that you actually have to start the car in GTR2 says it all.

Gran Turismo/Forza might be the most realistic racing game on your console, but excellence in either of them barely qualifies you to attempt GTR2.

P.S. The Windows driver for the Driving Force Pro allows you to set an arbitrary number of degrees of rotation, which means it can be set to 540 degrees to recreate the actual steering of an FIA GT car.

Did you turn off traction control and ABS?

I'm willing to bet you didn't. GT4 becomes extremely realistic when you do. I've driven a lot of the cars 9/10ths in GT4 in real life and they behave as they would in the game on the similar kinds of tires.

Sport Softs are about the same as RE01's. Which make the cars behave a hell of a lot the same.

Robstafarian
17th April 08, 12:24 AM
Did you turn off traction control and ABS?
Traction control was definitely off, and I think I remember ABS was off but I'm not absolutely sure. Tomorrow I'll turn both off and see if GT4 behaves the way I remember it.

Sirc
17th April 08, 01:41 AM
Traction control was definitely off, and I think I remember ABS was off but I'm not absolutely sure. Tomorrow I'll turn both off and see if GT4 behaves the way I remember it.

THere's a HUUUUGUGGGGEEEE difference.

See if you can beat my time on Citta Di Aria.

1:26.7 in the "03" Impreza rally car.

Robstafarian
17th April 08, 11:27 AM
THere's a HUUUUGUGGGGEEEE difference.

See if you can beat my time on Citta Di Aria.

1:26.7 in the "03" Impreza rally car.
I have written it down; I'll have to build up to it since I'm thoroughly out of practice (health problems prevented me from playing GT4 for almost a year). In fact, I just went back to the game a couple of days ago because I realized I'd been better for a couple of months.

I have considered moving my save file over to a different memory card and starting the game over again, but I don't know that there'd be any point to it.

Sirc
17th April 08, 02:12 PM
I have written it down; I'll have to build up to it since I'm thoroughly out of practice (health problems prevented me from playing GT4 for almost a year). In fact, I just went back to the game a couple of days ago because I realized I'd been better for a couple of months.

I have considered moving my save file over to a different memory card and starting the game over again, but I don't know that there'd be any point to it.

There really isn't.

Try to beat my time on El Capitan though. 2'04" in a Stock MR2 Spdyer. Or my time on Tsukuba 49 seconds in a stock Lotus Elise.

Feryk
17th April 08, 04:34 PM
And you wonder why you have trouble with girls, Sirc?

Sirc
17th April 08, 05:36 PM
And you wonder why you have trouble with girls, Sirc?

I actually don't.

Being an amateur race car driver helps with having no troubles with girls, dear friend.

Fearless Ukemi
17th April 08, 06:53 PM
aLTQRJXzwP0

It took me almost 20 years to beat this game. Whoever made this vid is a pro. Notice how he used the crappiest weapon in the game as well.

Sirc
17th April 08, 06:59 PM
After defeating IWBTG, pretty much any other game is a walk in the park.

Mas
17th April 08, 07:03 PM
For your consideration,

Contra

kWMyoNhGHbk

Shawarma
17th April 08, 07:07 PM
Actually, I believe that how people make those videos of them beating nigh-on impossible old games is by using an emulator and copious amounts of of saves/reloads and some video editing.

Fearless Ukemi
17th April 08, 07:19 PM
Emulator or not; and I don't care if he used millions of save/reloads; that still impresses me.

Contra is one of the easiest games ever created, even without the 30 lives cheat.

Sirc
17th April 08, 07:25 PM
Contra is a warm-up to Super Ghouls and Goblins. Which being the only boy in my family until I was 13, gave me ample time to just dick around and play videogames and beat them.

Robstafarian
17th April 08, 07:55 PM
Actually, I believe that how people make those videos of them beating nigh-on impossible old games is by using an emulator and copious amounts of of saves/reloads and some video editing.
Actually, most are done by tweaking scripts which the emulators use for automatic input. I used to have a bookmark, no idea where it is now, for a site that was nothing but game videos made that way. There was a particular word they used for that type of game "playing." but I don't remember what it was.

I once wrote a haiku about emulators, I'll post it if I find it.

Sirc
17th April 08, 08:16 PM
Actually, most are done by tweaking scripts which the emulators use for automatic input. I used to have a bookmark, no idea where it is now, for a site that was nothing but game videos made that way. There was a particular word they used for that type of game "playing." but I don't remember what it was.

It's called Macros.

Robstafarian
17th April 08, 08:38 PM
It's called Macros.
No, it was a nickname, not an accurate technical term. Whatever the word was, I think it was part of the domain name.

RaiNnyX4
18th April 08, 01:37 AM
When was someone going to mention Battleto...errr, I mean Conflict Amphibians.

DMryFwQEje8

Steve
18th April 08, 01:49 AM
They need to make a next gen remake of Battletoads, I'd so buy it.

Steve
18th April 08, 01:52 AM
I'll submit this:

part 1
WkKlSdUxBhM

part 2
UO-fdq4yflA

Sirc
18th April 08, 02:12 AM
Have you guys even tried to play IWBTG?

Steve
18th April 08, 02:50 AM
No.

SuperGuido
19th April 08, 08:25 PM
I had a hell of a time with:

gy-bSsnsTrg

Shawarma
19th April 08, 08:30 PM
That was mostly hard because the interface sucked. I'm currently playing it on an emulator and have hired Kitsune as backup healer and group DPS. Every time I want her to cast a spell I need to go through a series of sucky menus and drag the unwieldy SNES cursor around the screen, meaning I often die before I can get her to heal me. I can't even shoot while directing another character to cast a spell.

Excellent game otherwise, very atmospheric, especially with the music. Too bad it was damn hard trying to figure out where to go next most of the time because of said interface suckage also infecting the dialogue system. The Genesis version of Shadowrun was far superior, IMO.

Eric
20th April 08, 12:26 AM
Just realized there's no Marble Madness in this thread. This game led to me having to replace drywall in my cellar due to some high velocity Nintendo controllers. That also led to me learning to control my anger as a youngin'. So don't let anyone tell you video games don't teach you useful skills. Anyway, here's some douche totally dominating the game:
vMYibbzJlVs

Robstafarian
20th April 08, 01:32 AM
Just realized there's no Marble Madness in this thread. This game led to me having to replace drywall in my cellar due to some high velocity Nintendo controllers.
I have the songs from that game on my computer, pulled from the ROM, just hearing them agitates me.* I would delete them, but apparently they're really hard to find.

*Songs from Megaman and Castlevania help me concentrate.

Sirc
20th April 08, 04:46 AM
Just realized there's no Marble Madness in this thread. This game led to me having to replace drywall in my cellar due to some high velocity Nintendo controllers. That also led to me learning to control my anger as a youngin'. So don't let anyone tell you video games don't teach you useful skills. Anyway, here's some douche totally dominating the game:
vMYibbzJlVs

Just thinking about this makes me feel all gross inside.

But IWBTG makes me cry. Seriously. I get past being angry and just fall into being sad.

SuperGuido
20th April 08, 03:50 PM
Let's not forget about:

t4a2LpbPbu4

"The Immortal"...with perhaps the most ironic name for a game.

Robstafarian
20th April 08, 08:35 PM
I finally found the haiku in among my backups. I doubt anyone will much care about it, but it's a moral victory just to have found it.

my emulator
play games refractorily
fail, load save state, repeat

FYI:
Refractory \Re*frac"to*ry\ (-r?), a. [L. refractorius, fr. refringere: cf. F. refractaire.]
1. Obstinate in disobedience; contumacious; stubborn;
unmanageable; as, a refractory child; a refractory beast.

Fearless Ukemi
21st April 08, 04:43 PM
I hate Marble Madness. I was so psyched for that game to be released. I busted the cartridge against a brick wall in my garage after losing over and over and over.

brakeonthroo
2nd May 08, 02:32 PM
kind of a crazy game. never have played it before
Matt

EuropIan
6th August 08, 05:37 AM
I was going to make a thread about IWBTG and how it is going to kill you, but I found this thread.

SirC hasn't been efficient enough in telling you guys how hard IWBTG actually is.

j80wFPu8O8M

Some backstory: Cloud8745 (lol!) plays stupid and hard video games while making, what he thinks is, funny coments.

This game broke him and he removed his playthrough of IWBTG in shame. luckily some benevolent internet heroes made sure to reupload this stuff.

Mind snaps in 4:06

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th August 08, 05:43 AM
sounds like he's fat

EuropIan
6th August 08, 05:46 AM
And lonely

Halfrican
7th August 08, 12:38 AM
Aladdin's magic carpet ride levels were ridiculous on genesis

WarPhalange
7th August 08, 01:36 AM
I'd be pretty pissed if someone mentioned an RPG on here. Especially a Japanese one.

Hard game? Soldiers of Fortune. No, not the FPS, Soldiers of Fortune for Genesis. I remember getting to the last boss once and just getting demolished. :(

Shawarma
7th August 08, 03:59 AM
Wizardry 8 is pretty goddamn difficult, and that's an RPG.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th August 08, 06:45 AM
I'd be pretty pissed if someone mentioned an RPG on here. Especially a Japanese one.

Some of them were absurdly difficult, often more because of bad design than anything else.

WarPhalange
7th August 08, 05:11 PM
Name one. They all involved turn-based fighting and you could go and beat the shit out of rabits until you felt manly enough to defeat that evil dragon.

The hardest one I played was FF1. And that's only because I didn't realize putting a weapon in their goddamn hands wasn't enough, you also had to tell them to use it. Then it became fairly manageable.

Halfrican
11th August 08, 01:23 AM
Mega Man X2 was retardedly hard, to this day I never beat the final boss, mainly because I threw away my Saturn.

Fearless Ukemi
11th August 08, 08:02 AM
Name one. They all involved turn-based fighting and you could go and beat the shit out of rabits until you felt manly enough to defeat that evil dragon.

The hardest one I played was FF1. And that's only because I didn't realize putting a weapon in their goddamn hands wasn't enough, you also had to tell them to use it. Then it became fairly manageable.

I never even came close to finishing FF1 back in its day. Now on my emulator, It only took me a few days to finish it with the help of online guides and maps.

FF2 (or 4 for the losers who count non-American released games), on the other hand, was way too easy.

Slindsay
11th August 08, 05:01 PM
Mega man was basically a joke as far as I'm concerned, perpetrated on unsuspecting people who only just got their first ever console and who got it as their second game ever.

Oh, and because no one's mentioned it yet, HALO 3 on legendary.

Nah, I'm just fucking with you, these games however, where really fucking hard:

SWAT 3
Rainbow Six (The original)
Hidden And Dangerous <---- Hardest FPS EVER

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
11th August 08, 05:28 PM

Mostly they involved crazy bits where you were without equipment, or magic, or healing, or had your defense set to 1 or something. Ultima did that a lot I think and it happened a few times on the SNES Final Fantasies.

WarPhalange
11th August 08, 05:32 PM
So they weren't hard as much as they were annoying?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
11th August 08, 05:33 PM
That's why I said "bad design".

AAAhmed46
12th August 08, 12:01 AM
I need to break out the emulators.

Xioxou
3rd September 08, 12:27 AM
When I was in Japan I went to an arcade with three floors of nothing but these sidescrolling shooter games. I saw some that made Ikaruga look like Pong.

Coolest one I saw had a touch screen. You still flew around with a stick but you touched the screen to fire and do special attacks. You could set paths for your projectiles and order a little minion around to fight for you.

I spent all my time playing Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 though :)

Wolf
4th September 08, 08:20 PM
I'll submit this:

part 1
WkKlSdUxBhM

part 2
UO-fdq4yflA

i watched my roommate in college beat ninja gaiden on 1 life in less than 15 minutes.

Fearless Ukemi
5th September 08, 11:40 AM
^^Respect. They were all pretty challenging, but Ninja Gaiden 1 was the hardest since you couldn't climb up walls in that one.

Wounded Ronin
6th September 08, 09:57 PM
Name one.

Inindo: Way Of The Ninja. It's really manageable for a while and then all of a sudden you just hit a wall.

Sirc
6th September 08, 10:32 PM
I see nobody's made an attempt at I wanna be the guy?

I'll keep my title as the best player on the forum.

Steve
6th September 08, 11:07 PM
I see nobody's made an attempt at I wanna be the guy?

I'll keep my title as the best player on the forum.

Way to win.