PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie

GuiltySpark
30th March 08, 01:17 AM
I just came across this. I guess it's a live action halo movie? Whatever that means. I watched the video and it actually looked pretty fucking cool. It's not CGI and it's not clips taken from the game. It's actors in actual halo combat gear (that looks real) with actual warthog vehicles and shit. Even some of the covenent are in there, the brutes look like beastman from he-man.

Anyways I'm not sure what live action is suposed to mean? Reading up about this I guess the movie was canceled or put on hold due to funding or some such. Seems like a surprise considering what a money grab halo 2 and especially 3 were.

Here's the video. Looked pretty bad ass to me, I hope it finishes and actually comes out.

ZYiIR-_Tpso&feature=related

PizDoff
30th March 08, 02:02 AM
That looks promising.

Especially after watching the trailer for Starship Troopers 2 & 3.

Arhetton
30th March 08, 02:26 AM
did you just find it randomly on youtube or was there a feature website for the video?

elipson
30th March 08, 06:07 AM
Especially after watching the trailer for Starship Troopers 2 & 3.

Link please. There was an ST movie that went straight to video. It sucked. Bigtime.

Odacon
30th March 08, 07:35 AM
This was on IGN and Gametrailers ages ago. It's just promotion for halo3 the laser designator used is how they find you at the start of the game.

Madgrenade
30th March 08, 09:13 AM
That music nicked from the beginning of THE ROCK. No films for us.

Cullion
30th March 08, 09:23 AM
I've never played any of the Halo series. That made me want to.

avenger
30th March 08, 02:30 PM
yeah, that's been out for a while. Still, it's pretty badass. And I definatly want to see the Halo movie they've been trying to make.

boondock lee
30th March 08, 03:57 PM
This was part of a series of short films that we made prior to the release of Halo 3. the other film was called arms race
3sQfc0VIRMk
The story behind the halo movie is a bit blurry. It kinda in limbo right now...it was suppose to come out this year but there were some disagreements over money IIRC. Right now there is no one making the film and i think it has died ( at least for now) Alex Garland ( 28 days later writer) wrote a script and Peter Jackson was a producer for the film.

The director who was suppose to direct the film is the same guy who made the short films.

partyboy
30th March 08, 04:24 PM
is that music just from halo? i kept thinking it was from some other movie...

kungfujew
30th March 08, 09:11 PM
Another example of the film industry being thoroughly up its own ass. If they'd give the funding to make this movie, they'd be swimming in oceans of cash from the revenues.

boondock lee
30th March 08, 09:14 PM
Another example of the film industry being thoroughly up its own ass. If they'd give the funding to make this movie, they'd be swimming in oceans of cash from the revenues.

That's Hollywood for you, a bunch of smooth talking jerks looking to bleed every drop of cash out of an idea.