PDA

View Full Version : uber controversy:NY race shooting

ironlurker
20th March 08, 06:46 PM
RIVERHEAD, New York: A black father was sentenced to two to four years in prison Wednesday for fatally shooting an intoxicated white teenager during a racially charged confrontation with two carloads of young people at the end of his driveway.
The parents of victim Daniel Cicciaro Jr., 17, were irate after learning that John White did not receive the maximum sentence of up to 15 years in prison.
White, 54, was convicted in December of second-degree manslaughter and a weapons charge.
"Let's see what happens when Aaron White gets shot!" the victim's father shouted afterward, referring to White's teenage son.
At least 18 officers kept order in the packed courtroom; several hundred people awaited the verdict in the hallway. Afterward, supporters, including sobbing teenage girls, gathered with the Cicciaro family outside the courthouse.
White was led away in handcuffs, but his attorneys planned to seek approval from a higher court to let him remain free pending appeal.
"I've always remained remorseful about this incident," White told the judge.
At the trial, the defense invoked the United States' violent racist past in arguing the shooting was justified, referring to the teenagers as a "lynch mob."
The defense said it perceived Cicciaro's remark outside court as a threat and demanded an immediate investigation. Prosecutors said they were considering referring the matter to police.
White, 54, testified that he was trying to protect his family on a hot August night in 2006 when he got his gun after a group of angry white teenagers turned up at his house late at night to fight his son. He claimed the weapon discharged accidentally, killing Cicciaro.
Cicciaro, who had a blood-alcohol reading above the legal limit for driving, was just 3 inches (7.6 centimeters) from the pistol when he was shot in the face, a medical examiner testified.
White said Aaron, 19, had wakened him around 11 p.m. to tell him he had been feuding with other teens after being asked to leave a party and a group of the teens was headed to their house in Miller Place, a predominantly white community on eastern Long Island.
link (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/19/america/NA-GEN-US-Driveway-Shooting.php)

Long story short-
Black kid goes to white party.
Gets in hot water.
Comes home.
Two carloads of white kids follow him home with baseball bats.
Wakes his dad up.
White kid gets shot and killed.

Now, on the news, the father who shot him said he grabbed the gun. A likely story, perhaps, on first glance, but it was only 3 inches away from him according to the autopsy.

And- the internetz!

The Suffolk police said the two young men had quarreled at a party over a young woman they both knew. Mr. Cicciaro accused Mr. White of making disrespectful comments about the young woman in an Internet chat room. Mr. White was asked to leave the party, and did; but the quarrel was apparently rekindled by way of cellphone as Mr. White drove home.
About 11 p.m., the police said, Mr. Cicciaro and a group of his friends arrived at Mr. White’s home in two cars.
According to the police, Mr. White and his father, John White, greeted them bearing weapons. The elder Mr. White held a handgun, the younger a shotgun. A family lawyer, Daniel T. Driscoll, said Mr. White, a longtime foreman for a Brooklyn paving company, is an avid hunter and fisherman.
Shouting erupted. The younger Mr. White has said that racial epithets were spoken by Mr. Cicciaro and his friends, according to lawyers for the White family. Witnesses told the police that the elder Mr. White screamed repeatedly, “I’m going to shoot you!”
Then, the police said, the elder Mr. White shot Mr. Cicciaro in the face. The young man died an hour later at John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson.
more
(http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/12/nyregion/12fight.html)
Lots of stuff in this.

bad credit
20th March 08, 07:44 PM
Man, the writer of the article on that last link couldn't seem to decide on whether to blame it on guns, the internets, or race relations.

I'd like to know what Aaron White supposedly said about this girl online to start this. I'd like to know if he really posted it. I'd also like to know what it's like to grow up black with the last name White.

All around, the whole thing is a tragedy.

HappyOldGuy
20th March 08, 07:54 PM
If the kids really brought bats, to me this is an open and shut case. Not saying that the father was necesarily in the right, but if people bring weapons onto his property to hurt his family, that's an awful long way towards justifiable in my book.

Tanhalen21
20th March 08, 07:59 PM
Agree^

Arhetton
20th March 08, 08:31 PM
tough case.

pistol was unregistered and the father had 20 minutes to decide what to do (before the cars arrived - he was woken and warned by Aaron White).

I don't understand why they didn't just lock all the doors and call the police, maybe the young men (17-19 year olds) would have smashed some windows and wrecked the yard, but no-one would have died, no-one would have gone to jail.

Zendetta
20th March 08, 08:32 PM
^^^ Agree. Me too, etc.

BTW, Aaron White was the Black Kid, right?

Also, didn't the gun go off accidentally?

And is Ironlurker's increasingly frequent use of "Uber" a silent call for Pan-Gerrmanic Solidarity?!??!

Thaiboxerken
20th March 08, 09:24 PM
Plenty of warning, call the cops. He didn't, he should go to jail for manslaughter.

If there was no warning, free reign on whitey! Really, if I was surprised in the night by a truck full of people with bats, I'd shoot them the fuck dead because I'd be scared for my life. At least that would be my story.

Tanhalen21
20th March 08, 09:31 PM
Even if he was warned, he might not have taken it seriously or thought there'd be no way that those kids would have the balls to show up. The fact that the kids showed up at his house with baseball bats is good enough reason, in my mind, to blow them the fuck away. It would have been better if he called the cops because of the possibility that they would show up at the house later, but, if I was him, I wouldn't have called the cops just because my son got into a tiff with some white kids. I probably wouldn't believe they would drive to my house armed with weapons and rolling deep either.

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 09:50 PM
There was no real reason to believe that the guys would come down to his house. Everybody knows Whitey is all talk.

Arhetton
20th March 08, 10:08 PM
I agree that the father could not have 100% certainty that the cars would turn up. He probably would have been skeptical and maybe a bit annoyed with his own son (starting a fight with other people), then he probably quickly became scared/on edge when the two cars arrived.

If the father used the local laws to get his weapon, it probably would have been in good condition - we don't know if the gun was an old weapon, whether or not it was modified etc. So if it was an illegal firearm, then the father definately has some responsibility for what happened.

When you are 54, 2 -4 years in jail is not to be scoffed at. We're not talking about a hardened youth cold bloodedly killing someone - this guy is old, he has a family, obviously this was a mistake driven by a highly emotional confrontation.

I think the sentencing is appropriate. He's not a likely repeat offender, why jail him for the rest of his likely lifespan? Punish him, but let it go.

Tanhalen21
20th March 08, 10:54 PM
Good point. Those fucking worthless parents of that "poor white boy" who probably implanted all that racism in him asking for the maximum punishment... now THAT'S a joke. THEY should be put the fuck away for getting bringing up their kid that way. They are probably just as responsible for his death as the guy who pulled the fucking trigger (if not more)

Sun Wukong
20th March 08, 11:18 PM
a bunch of guys showed up armed in the middle of the night hurling racial slurs... and one of them got shot.

I hate to sound faux mercenary about this, but sounds like that dumb ass kid had it coming to him. Mr. White had every right to tell those guys to get the fuck away from his house. He had every right to arm himself to defend his home and family.

In a situation like that, it sounds to me like that dumbass kid who got shot ought to be given the darwin award.

It sounds like manslaughter to me.

Kein Haar
20th March 08, 11:36 PM
An eye-talian kid getting shitty with a bleck kid?

Never happen!

Right Frankie?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n25_v91/ai_19391575

Knave
21st March 08, 12:13 AM
Greetings.

IMO, the father should receive no jail time, and should instead be "punished" in civil court for negligent use of a firearm leading to the wrongful death of the kid. There should be a countersuit against the dead kid's parents for the death threats, and the whole affair should eventually be settled out of court with Mr. White's HOI paying something in the ballpark of 3-5 million with a mandatory 50% being donated to organizations that teach young kids not to be racist assholes unless they want to get shot in the face.

Melkolmr
21st March 08, 02:57 AM
I feel that the sentencing was rather excessive, the kid had it coming. But, with the way it could have been, at least the court showed mercy. I can't really understand the feelings of the dead kid's parents, so maybe there should be a greater punishment for not trying to defuse the situation, but... you show up armed on my property and threaten to hurt me, and you're going to leave in a bag.

Shawarma
21st March 08, 07:26 AM
Even Stormfront is on the side of the kneegrow in this case.

From a poster on Stormfront:
"I'm obviously not defending the negro, buuuuuuuut, if after heated phone calls where 4 negros promised to be paying my home a visit and then said negros approched my father and I at night, on my front property in an aggresive manner, somebody may get shot in the face also.

These kind of things happen in real life grown-up land."

Antifa
21st March 08, 07:55 AM
Bring 2 car loads of kids to my house with bats and alot more than one of them will be dead in the yard.

This aint upstate new york. This is Texas.

jubei33
21st March 08, 10:00 AM
Bring 2 car loads of kids to my house with bats and alot more than one of them will be dead in the yard.

This aint upstate new york. This is Texas.

I bet that'll make your grass pretty green next year.

its sad the kid got shot, but he was the aggressor. Group of drunks + weapons + middle of the night: sounds like self defense to me. he should get probation imo.

Kein Haar
21st March 08, 10:05 AM
^Give him rep plz.

TM
21st March 08, 10:42 AM
Good point. Those fucking worthless parents of that "poor white boy" who probably implanted all that racism in him asking for the maximum punishment... now THAT'S a joke. THEY should be put the fuck away for getting bringing up their kid that way. They are probably just as responsible for his death as the guy who pulled the fucking trigger (if not more)
Bingo. The Dad sounds like a dickhead.

Antifa
21st March 08, 10:43 AM
In Texas he wouldnt even get probation.

We have laws affirming the right of citizens to shoot armed people on our land. Thats what guns are for.

ironlurker
21st March 08, 10:58 AM
On calling the police, yeah he should have.
But, then again, I think about it.
They go in the house, call the cops, and while they come to show up they smash their windshields, mailbox, windows, etc.
The kid's father is a rich dickhead indeed who has rumored links to organized crime, or so they said on the TV. Yeah, kind of stereotypical I guess, but not a shock if it's true.
Scene- some type of ghey community service at best for the white kids while the father yells (as he publicly did, obviously people would feel vengeful but it says a lot that he says it in a courthouse) "you're dead n1gger, you gonna get shot."
The black guy's son gets beat up/harassed/killed later and it takes years to get any justice.
Doesn't mean he shouldn't have called them, but I can understand not wanting to waste time dealing with the bullshit in any way. I had an incident with a drunk driver crashing into my parked car who ran off and I told the next guy when it happened again he wasn't going anywhere. People were like, "OMG you're threatening him".
The white kid's dad is also an idiot for saying publicly he wanted revenge if he plans on having it carried through.

Probably Mets fans.

Tanhalen21
21st March 08, 11:13 AM

We have laws affirming the right of citizens to shoot armed people on our land. Thats what guns are for.

You're forgetting he's black and that he shot a white kid.

Thaiboxerken
21st March 08, 12:41 PM
Tan is correct, in Texas, they'd lynch the guy.

Antifa
21st March 08, 01:09 PM
No... they wouldnt... because me and mine would camp on his porch with our shit...

And we got enough shit to re-film red dawn

ironlurker
21st March 08, 01:33 PM
Antifa you may need a road trip.

Less than a day after John White was sentenced in the racially charged killing of Daniel Cicciaro Sr.'s son, Suffolk bias crime detectives yesterday began investigating vandalism done to the home of Cicciaro's only black neighbor.

Suffolk police would not say who might have driven across the neighbor's lawn on Janet Street in Port Jefferson Station, knocked over a light pole and dented the family car.

But a resident who lives in the vandalized home said he suspects someone at Cicciaro's house was responsible. Anthony Huston Jr., 18, said his family heard noise late Wednesday, peeked outside and saw a green truck that had been parked at Cicciaro's home fleeing.

Huston said his family has been worried since hearing of Cicciaro's courthouse reaction, in which he said, "Let's see what happens if Aaron White [White's son] gets shot." The Whites and others considered that a threat [no shit huh?]

Though Cicciaro denied the remarks were a threat, Huston said, "We're the only black people that live there. ... We just feel really unsafe."

Cicciaro said he did not vandalize the home.

"If somebody did do it from my house, I don't have any idea," Cicciaro said. "It doesn't look like it came from my house, though."

Cicciaro said the families are friends. Huston said that's not true.

On Wednesday afternoon, Cicciaro told a Newsday reporter who had come to his Janet Street home, "Be careful backing out so you don't run over my African-American neighbors right there."

Det. Sgt. Robert Reecks, commanding officer of the Suffolk police bias crimes unit, said police were treating the case as criminal mischief and had heightened awareness because of Wednesday's sentencing.

"We're taking this very seriously. It is next door to Mr. Cicciaro so we don't know if it's connected," Reecks said. "Mr. Cicciaro believes it might have been targeted toward him."

Meanwhile, a number of fireworks were set off on Little Harbor Road in Mount Sinai early yesterday around 3 a.m., including at a mailbox that records indicate belonged to a property once owned by White defense attorney Paul Gianelli.

Police said they don't believe the family was targeted.

Until further notice, Suffolk Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said police cars would guard the block where Cicciaro and the Hustons live, as well as the Miller Place house owned by the Whites.
link (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liaaro215621243mar21,0,5702865.story)

edit- guilt and more internets

"Moral accessories in the death of Daniel Cicciaro." That's what the judge who sentenced John White (http://www.newsday.com/topic/politics/john-white-PEPLT007056.topic) Wednesday to two to four years in the teen's death said about the the people who may bear no criminal responsibility, but are far from innocent in the tragic incident.

By exercising just a little common sense, any one of them might have been able to break the chain of events that led to the fatal shooting. Suffolk County Court Judge Barbara Kahn didn't name names, but here are a few candidates.

There are the oblivious kids - they know who they are - who used Aaron White's MySpace profile to send a rape threat involving a 15-year-old girl who was Cicciaro's friend. That's what set Cicciaro off and sent him in search of vengeance on the last night of his life in August 2006. Apparently, the culprits were Aaron White's friends. Some joke. ^wonder if the "friends" were white, sounds like a set up. Right before the party?

There's Susan Martin, the woman who served alcohol coolers at her son's birthday party, where the confrontation between John White's son Aaron and Cicciaro began. Martin allowed Cicciaro, 17, to drink. With a blood alcohol level of .15, he had to be quite visibly drunk. 9that's pretty damn drunk)

Then there were the four teens who piled into cars with Cicciaro and drove to White's house, where threats and racial epithets were hurled at his family. They should have known that nothing good could come of that kind of harassment.

John White, solid husband, father and provider that he is, was the guilty party here. It was his illegal gun, in his hand, that took Cicciaro's life. He's rightly the one facing prison.

But youth, testosterone, alcohol, a rape threat and race - the Whites are black, Cicciaro and the 15-year-old girl are white - makes for a volatile brew. If the bogus electronic messages had never been sent, if Cicciaro hadn't been allowed to drink, or if just one person in those cars had said "Stop, this is stupid," this tragedy may have been averted. Now there are reports of vandalism in the Cicciaro neighborhood. To any and all "moral accessories" in waiting: Enough already. link (http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-vpwht215620889mar21,0,7634330.story)

Let's not forget that besides serving them to the point of .15 drunk she let them drive. All of them could have easily died if they crashed.

edit edit- and of course you're supposed to get brain damage/death from baseball bats, or watch your house get trashed, well before you take out an illegal gun. Wonder if the Cicciaros have ever had any illegal guns- they seemed to know a lot about them.

Kein Haar
21st March 08, 01:58 PM
Really gotta go outta yer way to make it illegal for yourself to own a gun in Tejas, though. Wonder how that happened.

Antifa
21st March 08, 02:52 PM
I'm legal in Texas and 34 other states...

New York is one of those "may-issue" places.. which means no guns for me... because I doubt the sherrif is going to look at my record and think...

This guy... this guy need a licsense...

The Yankee state where my mother is lets her carry though. Which is funny because she keeps for getting she even owns a gun.

Kein Haar
21st March 08, 03:29 PM
You drunk?

Antifa
21st March 08, 03:56 PM
not yet... why you buying?

Sirc
21st March 08, 04:44 PM
So basically, this is a "tough" decision because it was black vs. white people?

Seriously?

Looking at this objectively, a bunch of drunk pissed off armed teenagers came to some dude's house ready to beat the shit out of him and his dad. Dad tells them to leave, pulls gun and then shoots because they won't?

Well, looks like the agressors decided their bats of +1 to negro and their shirts of +Abercrombie could withstand the handgun of +10 to humanoids. They probably failed the intelligence check due to the high doses of alcohol in their blood stream and failed the reflex save as well.

That'll learn them.

Riddeck
21st March 08, 06:10 PM
I'm legal in Texas and 34 other states...

New York is one of those "may-issue" places.. which means no guns for me... because I doubt the sherrif is going to look at my record and think...

This guy... this guy need a licsense...

The Yankee state where my mother is lets her carry though. Which is funny because she keeps for getting she even owns a gun.

You followed the rulings the just occurred in the Supreme Court over the 2nd Amendment?

http://www.infowars.com/?p=920

http://www.infowars.com/?p=918

http://www.infowars.com/?p=917

Last one is written by members of [URL=http://www.gunowners.org/]Gun Owners of America[/QUOTE], which is a much superior organization than the CIA founded, Pro Gun Control NRA.

HappyOldGuy
21st March 08, 07:46 PM
which is a much superior organization than the CIA founded, Pro Gun Control NRA.
Just out of curiousity, considering that the CIA was founded in 1947 and the NRA was founded in 1871, do you believe that the CIA rewrote history or do you think that they have access to a time machine?

Zendetta
21st March 08, 07:46 PM
You are saying the NRA was founded by the CIA?

edit: HOG's idiot sensor went off first. I'll bet Riddeck says the CIA has a time machine.

Antifa
21st March 08, 08:02 PM
At least his new avatar is slightly less annoying.

ironlurker
21st March 08, 08:11 PM
Just out of curiousity, considering that the CIA was founded in 1947 and the NRA was founded in 1871, do you believe that the CIA rewrote history or do you think that they have access to a time machine?

Would we be able to tell which was true????? :tinfoil:

Riddeck
21st March 08, 08:28 PM

Just because it was officially founded in 1947, does not mean the 'group' was not around and working before then.

Edit*

I do not mean the foundation itself, but the portion of it as it deals with 2nd amendment legislation (as if we need it), beginning in 1949.

Tanhalen21
21st March 08, 08:41 PM
Just because it was officially founded in 1947, does not mean the 'group' was not around and working before then.

Edit*

I do not mean the foundation itself, but the portion of it as it deals with 2nd amendment legislation (as if we need it), beginning in 1949.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/tanhalen21/riddickulous.jpg
That's right. I saved it to my computer.

Riddeck
21st March 08, 09:06 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/tanhalen21/riddickulous.jpg
That's right. I saved it to my computer.

Cause it really is rad.

Not that fluoride based compounds have anything to do with fluoride.

WarPhalange
22nd March 08, 12:59 AM
Also, water is poisonous because it has oxygen in it, and oxygen is a powerful poison.

Riddeck
22nd March 08, 01:37 AM
Also, water is poisonous because it has oxygen in it, and oxygen is a powerful poison.

You're an idiot. Stop.

WarPhalange
22nd March 08, 01:41 AM
You're an idiot. Stop.

That was a kind way of saying "Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you are talking about."

But you can't take a hint. Fine.

You're a fucking idiot because:

1) You don't know the difference between an atom and a molecule.
2) You have no idea about the basic workings of science.
3) You take the word of less qualified people over more qualified people simply because they echo your view point.
4) You fellate Alex Jones, completely ignoring that he could just as well fit in to one of your stupid conspiracy theories.

ICY
22nd March 08, 02:17 AM
I'm more worried about DHMO, myself...

http://www.dhmo.org/

As for the case at hand, fuck those dumb white kids.

jubei33
22nd March 08, 04:03 AM
Not that fluoride based compounds have anything to do with fluoride.You're an idiot. Stop.
you don't know atoms from anuses, go to school.

socratic
22nd March 08, 04:31 AM
Obvious questions: If the defender with the firearm was white, would he have been charged? Even if the victim was black? What if they were both black?

Antifa
22nd March 08, 09:39 AM
Obvious questions: If the defender with the firearm was white, would he have been charged? Even if the victim was black? What if they were both black?

In Texas? Oh easy. Both black? Execute the survivor and arrest the corpse.

socratic
23rd March 08, 04:55 AM
In Texas? Oh easy. Both black? Execute the survivor and arrest the corpse.

You seem like a clever, well read guy. Why do smart people crop up in insane, backwards places?

Tanhalen21
23rd March 08, 11:14 AM
Haha yeah dude, what the fuck are you doing in Texas

krazy kaju
23rd March 08, 12:33 PM
So is this a heroic self defense move against the evil white man, according to Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan, or not?

Just wondering what those morons have come out and said about this.

Sun Wukong
23rd March 08, 04:45 PM
why does riddeck seem more respectable now that his avatar is sean connery?

krazy kaju
23rd March 08, 05:58 PM
why does riddeck seem more respectable now that his avatar is sean connery?

His signature is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better though.

Antifa
23rd March 08, 10:17 PM
Haha yeah dude, what the fuck are you doing in Texas

I'm invading.

Got these motherfuckers surrounded. They have no hope of escape

Tanhalen21
23rd March 08, 10:36 PM
I'm invading.

Got these motherfuckers surrounded. They have no hope of escape

Holy shit man, totally didn't realize that you live in Asheville, NC? I grew up in Greensboro and my parents have a place in Cashiers now. Good to see another resident of the great North Carolina mountains.

Xioxou
24th March 08, 01:32 AM
Where the hell are you people finding these "facts?"

The white kids had bats? REALLY? I read the articles. No mention of bats. You'd think that it would be important to the story... but no mention?

Steve
24th March 08, 01:48 AM

The white kids had bats? REALLY? I read the articles. No mention of bats. You'd think that it would be important to the story... but no mention?

Yes, I've noticed that too.

Link that mentions bats, ironlurker?

jubei33
24th March 08, 03:43 AM
its sad the kid got shot, but he was the aggressor. Group of drunks + weapons + middle of the night: sounds like self defense to me. he should get probation imo.

hmm, further reading indicates they weren't armed. oops.

Doesn't change much though, if they beat him with their fists or with rocks from the curb. Weapons or no, they were still the aggressors, with the implicit threat of violence against White's son. Also, apparently the comments about raping the girl and such never existed either.

Its sad, fucked up that such a small thing, like a lie or some gossip, can lead to serious consequences.

socratic
24th March 08, 03:57 AM
The lacking of weapons kinda changes things, but not drastically.

By the time they invaded a private property en masse with either implied or actual threats of violence, the homeowners were well within their rights to defend themselves, I would imagine. It just so happens that the defenders had a weapon and the aggressors didn't know when to quit.

Or at least, if I ran my own little country, that's how I'd roll.

Or, if you really want to hear what is probably being argued by Ciccario, his son and their two carloads of stone-sober friends were coming over for a cup of coffee when Mr White and his son ambushed them with AK-47s and open fired. His son managed to overcome Mr White's son in valiant one on one combat, but the cowardly Mr White killed his exhausted son from point blank range with superior firepower.

Then Jesus came down, tsk tsked everyone, signed some autographs, then went back off to chill with Space Daddy.

Tanhalen21
24th March 08, 07:46 AM
They had cars. Cars are weapons (see: James Byrd, Jr.).

ironlurker
24th March 08, 11:06 AM
Yes, I've noticed that too.

Link that mentions bats, ironlurker?
Apparently at least one bat was brought to prevent a fight. I've seen more mentions of "objects" but I can't find news links, the transcript would be the best source. Fully my bad if there was only one. Moreover, it was brought to prevent violence. Interestingly, the friends drove Cicciaro to the hospital, rather than waiting for 911, not that it means anything in itself, but the time/back in cars element muddies the picture.

Cicciaro rounded up friends to go, but Serrano went in a separate car to prevent a fight, Serrano testified.
He conceded that he grabbed a baseball bat but said he never took it out of his car.
nypost (http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012007/news/regionalnews/if_youre_going_to_shoot_____shoot_me__296503.htm)

An incident investigated by police before the shooting-

With the jury out of the courtroom, Paul Gianelli brought up an incident that had been investigated by the police but not included in the notes and reports that they are required to turn over to the defense: according to two or three witnesses, Daniel Cicciaro had gone to Sayville Ford with a complaint a few weeks before he was shot and, when approached by a black salesman, had said, “I don’t talk to niggers.” New Yorker (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/03/03/080303fa_fact_trillin?currentPage=4)

Apparently the group was the "Blackout Club"

The black student had graduated from Miller Place HS and during that time had befriended fellow teenagers near his home, including a tight-knit crew of middle-class whites who called themselves The Blackout Club. link (http://www.nypost.com/seven/12092007/news/regionalnews/myspace_hoaxs_tragic_twists_803188.htm?page=0)

More from the Blackout club

February 28, 2007 -- An African-American student has been targeted by a vicious gang of teens who call themselves "Blackout" because they want to cleanse their predominantly white Long Island town of minorities, the teen says in a shocking, $5 million suit.
The family of 15-year-old Brian Orr, a freshman at Miller Place HS, leveled the suit against a 13-year-old student, the school district and several administrators, claiming officials did nothing when Orr complained.
Orr, one of only 10 black students at the school, says the gang scratched the n-word into his locker last year and repeatedly beat him in the hallways.
"They did what they had to do to make me feel ostracized from the rest of the school. It just got to be too much," he said.
Last August, Miller Place made headlines when John White, 53, who is black, shot and killed his son's white Newfield HS classmate, Daniel Cicciaro, 17, for harassing his son with a group of white friends at their home.
Orr's lawyer, John Ray, said the alleged bullies in his suit and that incident probably "overlap."
"This is an all-white enclave, and they were doing what they can to keep black people out of their community - but it's going to stop here," Ray said.
White is currently awaiting trial for manslaughter.
Orr's family moved to Miller Place three years ago from high-crime Central Islip, seeking to put him in a better school.
The abuse began with name-calling and pushing in the hallways. At football practice, white teammates punched him in the stomach when he was at the bottom of a pile-on, the suit says.
Then, in October, someone scratched "f - - - ing n - - - - r" into his locker, the suit claims.
School district Superintendent Grace Brindley said there is "no merit" to the lawsuit.
nypost (https://www.nypost.com/seven/02282007/news/regionalnews/black_teen_sues_hs_over_cleansing_regionalnews_sel im_algar.htm)

mourning garb

At the funeral Mass, the father, Daniel Cicciaro Sr., stood next to his son’s coffin wearing a tank top bearing the name of his shop and the slogan, “Tony Soprano sends all his friends to Dano’s.” On the back, under an image of shot bodies, was the motto, “Some pass inspection, some don’t.”
The father said he wore the shirt as a message to his son, whom he buried yesterday a week before his 18th birthday.

nytimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/16/nyregion/16fight.html)

edit- also , the "rape threats" were from 9 months before and it was proven hoax, apparently by a white friend

But in testimony that stunned a Riverhead, L.I., courtroom yesterday, the alleged target of the rape, 16-year-old Jenny Martin, said she eventually learned that the alleged sexual threats were nothing more than an Internet hoax . . .

Frederick Brewington, John White's defense attorney, brought the courtroom to a breathless standstill yesterday with his final cross-examination question to Martin.
He slowly asked her if she eventually learned - after Cicciaro's death - that someone else had typed the online sex threats and passed them off as White's.
"Yes," she answered meekly before dropping her head and bursting from the courtroom.

nypost (http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292007/news/regionalnews/tragic_rape_hoax_261169.htm)

ED transcript

<JWhite> Excuse me wtf r u doin?
<Dano> IT'S LYNCHING TIME!
<JWhite> brb, gun
<Dano> STFU NIGGER!
<JWhite> If you don't GTFO (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/GTFO) my lawn, I'm going to b& (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/B%26) you from IRL (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/RL).
<Dano> You're not going to kill me! I'm behind 7 proxies (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/7_proxies) n00b, I dare you to try modfag (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Mod)!!
Error: Closing Link: Dano[[email protected]] (User has been permanently banned from life (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Life)
ed (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Daniel_Cicciaro)

EvilSteve
24th March 08, 11:35 AM

Yeah, I'd heard those were leftover anti-rustling laws, but I'd have to say I agree with them. In Massachusetts, where I grew up, if someone is trespassing on your property (even if they bust into your house in the middle of the night to rob you) you must prove self defense or you will be charged if you attack them.

And while we're at it, here's my bit: Yeah, dad should have called the cops. I would have, even if I wasn't sure the carloads of dickweeds were on the way, because that way the cops have a record of it if you're ever harassed again- makes it easier to build a case. Nonetheless, doesn't sound like the dad was really unjustified in shooting the kid, although WTF with an unregistered weapon? Doesn't that alone mandate jail time?

Kein Haar
24th March 08, 12:52 PM
You don't register weapons in most places.

In this day and age, he'd only be forbidden a weapon if he were:

-A convicted felon
-Forcibly committed for psychiatric treatment
-Under a current Order of Protection (aka Restraining Order) related to domestic violence
-An illegal drug users (Although, that's kind of a honor-system question)

Riddeck
24th March 08, 02:22 PM
You don't register weapons in most places.

In this day and age, he'd only be forbidden a weapon if he were:

-A convicted felon
-Forcibly committed for psychiatric treatment
-Under a current Order of Protection (aka Restraining Order) related to domestic violence
-An illegal drug users (Although, that's kind of a honor-system question)

This list might be getting longer, the closer we get to this Martial Law thing.

lant3rn
24th March 08, 03:06 PM
"At the funeral Mass, the father, Daniel Cicciaro Sr., stood next to his son’s coffin wearing a tank top bearing the name of his shop and the slogan, “Tony Soprano sends all his friends to Dano’s.” On the back, under an image of shot bodies, was the motto, “Some pass inspection, some don’t.”
The father said he wore the shirt as a message to his son, whom he buried yesterday a week before his 18th birthday."

It amazing how it all comes back to the parents. This quote here (if accurate) speaks volumes about the Cicciaro's. I really beleive now the the sentence was a bit steap. IMO a year in jail would have been "harsh justice" in this case. I really hope the defence brought to light all they could about the character of Ciccaro family. If ot they dropped the ball.