PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brother's Brawl: Basically this year's best game so far

Sirc
20th March 08, 04:09 AM
10 out of fucking 10.

Gameplay 10/10:

It's more than just button smashing. They've somehow managed to make it so that if you're a button smasher, you're pretty much a massive faggot who will get their brown starfish plumbed by the Italian plumber himself. You have to be good with your character to do well.

Then there's stage building, which I haven't even done yet. And there's all sorts of different modes you can play. Jesus Christ there's so much, you can't just rent the game. You have to buy this.

Story 8/10:

It's pretty awesome. It brings out the fanboy inside. I'm still playing through it and that's why I gave a 8/10. I mean who doesn't want to see Wario, Ganon, Bowser and ROB put up a fight against Falco, Fox, Snake, Meta Knight, etc. It's got all of the insane, "What if ____ could fight ____? Who would win?" Now you get to find out. And they'll animate it for you. There's so much insane fanboy bullshit in this game adn they're not even trying to make it seem cooler than it needs to be. They're just like, "HEY! THIS IS RIDICULOUS HAVE FUN!" And I am.

Graphics 10/10:

Best on the Wii at the moment. Every character is as highly detailed as you can make 8-bit to 3D characters. I love every one of them and each of them keeps his/her charm in the move.

Play this game. Go and buy a wii and play this game because it is so much fucking fun.

This scene alone is just fucking awesome. I can't even put it in words so you can just watch:

r2bVGJ0Cj0k

YES! YES THAT IS PIKACHU using Thunder on RIDLEY of Metroid fame. Pikachu. Using THUNDER. ON RIDLEY. I know you're thinking, "Damn it would be badass if you could fight Ridley with Pikachu after he lays the smackdown on him like that."

GUESS WHAT?! YOU FUCKING GET TO!

The only reason I stopped playing is because I got a root canal done today and my pain killers are making me sleepy.

kismasher
20th March 08, 08:55 AM
sold! buying today.

damn i love Wii

KhorneliusPraxx
20th March 08, 11:33 AM
That is great to hear...if only I could get a Wii.

CoffeeFan
20th March 08, 11:38 AM
I know you're thinking, "Damn it would be badass if you could fight Ridley with Pikachu after he lays the smackdown on him like that."

GUESS WHAT?! YOU FUCKING GET TO!

You know it's funny, I was thinking the same thing when Pikachu and Samus were running around together. I was like "Damn, this is so wierd mixing Metroid and Pokemon and yet so awsome."

I agree the game is jam packed with awsomeness, go buy it now

EvilSteve
20th March 08, 12:38 PM
I think Wii is totally lame and I STILL love this game.

Best game I got for the Wii so far.

Sirc
20th March 08, 12:49 PM
You know it's funny, I was thinking the same thing when Pikachu and Samus were running around together. I was like "Damn, this is so wierd mixing Metroid and Pokemon and yet so awsome."

I agree the game is jam packed with awsomeness, go buy it now

Agreed. If you aren't playing this game and having fun, you're probably gay.

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 12:58 PM
Let me expand a bit on SirC's review:

The graphics are only a step above the GC's graphics, so no huge improvement that will blow you away, however, the STAGES are fucking AMAZING!

Take the Ice Climber's stage. My personal favorite. You start on top of a mountain with some platforms. The whole top of the mountain falls and slides down the mountain itself. It looks fucking amazing, and during that time, since you are sliding down, you will stay in the air longer when you jump. It's more than just eye candy. You finally hit the water and fucking fish can eat you. It's amazing.

Here's the Ice Climber stage:

viJAkt-ImLg

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 12:59 PM
Agreed. If you aren't playing this game and having fun, you're probably gay.

Actually, with all the warm colors everywhere, I'd find it hard to believe a gay person didn't enjoy this game.

EvilSteve
20th March 08, 01:00 PM
5 out of 5 onanistic shut-ins agree: Smash Bros Brawl is full of win.

Steve
20th March 08, 01:08 PM
So when are we all going to exchange wii friend codes again?

My n00b ass at the Smash Bros franchise will take you all on!

RaiNnyX4
20th March 08, 01:26 PM
Meh. I could never really get into Smash Brothers. I was always spending my time at the arcades owning people in Tekken. Plus, I've been boycotting this game ever since I found out that Nintendogs would not be playable.

I'll be saving my money for MarioKart Wii.

Sirc
20th March 08, 04:30 PM
You'll have to excuse my review, I'm still 100% in agreement with everything I"ve written, but I was on some pain killers so I didn't really expand on anything.

Who's your character of choice?

Mine = Pikachu followed by Ike and then Link.

I think the most fun character to play with is the Pokemon trainer.

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 04:47 PM
I don't have one. My brother's favorites are Ike and Wolf, but I haven't been able to pick one out that I can somehow favor.

What I really like about the game is they finally made it balanced. That's probably why I can't find a favorite. They are all decent.

And the best part? They added random tripping into the game. Yes, you can fumble over your own feet and fall flat on your face. Tourneyfags everywhere started crying all at once. It was awesome on the part of Nintendo to do that. It doesn't happen often enough for normal people to notice, but tourneyfags just HATE random shit.

Sirc
20th March 08, 04:52 PM
I've always been a Pikachu whore ever since SSB I.

I'm also been pretty keen on Samus as well.

Sirc
20th March 08, 04:53 PM
I don't know how Captain Olimar is balanced, he's easily the worst character.

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 05:30 PM
You sure you're not just shit with him?

Steve
20th March 08, 06:00 PM
I've been playing with Link, Marth, and Pit (in that order) mostly. But again, I'm a total newb.

Gypsy Jazz
20th March 08, 07:03 PM
So I love Smash Bros. games a lot. This has got to be my favorite. There are far more characters that I like to play as than any other, and there are really only a few glaring imbalances. Jigglypuff and Yoshi both stink, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

I dislike many of the new levels. They are really invasive, and DK's scrolling up level with the spike is TOTAL bullshit. Wario's level is fun, but the bounuses you get for completing the challenges are totally random, and therefore complete nonsense. I hope they release some classic/better maps for download.

I don't have a favorite character just yet, but I don't think I ever really did. I like a lot of them so far. Olimar is pretty damn good Sirc, I don't know what you're talking about. Zelda (non-shiek) is way better than she used to be, and might end up being my character of choice. I still have to wait and see.

All in all, totally worth buying. GO GET IT.

Sirc
20th March 08, 08:10 PM
I think maybe I just suck with Olimar. I have no idea how to use him or what strategies he uses that are worth it.

Sirc
20th March 08, 08:57 PM
Ok.

I just finished watching this video and Olimar is really cool. I just suck.

tkSi-i9T7m4

Sirc
20th March 08, 11:41 PM
I'm really taking a liking to metaknight.

WarPhalange
20th March 08, 11:45 PM
One thing I noticed is that they made Mario seriously pissed off. Whenever I see his face (like on the Subspace Emissary thing), it's always pissed off like he's about to kick some ass.

Luigi, on the other hand, they made into a total lunatic. Everything about him is completely insane. I don't understand why they keep making him weirder and weirder, but they do. You really have to play it to understand.

But I think that Mr. Game & Watch is seriously disadvantaged. They made him really two-dimensional in this game.

KhorneliusPraxx
21st March 08, 08:04 AM
I just have one question:

Can I play Toad?!?

http://xerto.free.fr/toad1.jpg

Doritosaurus Chex
21st March 08, 08:39 AM
I think maybe I just suck with Olimar. I have no idea how to use him or what strategies he uses that are worth it.

He might be a character with a tough learning curve especially with the Pikman management and the randomness of the draw. He has that Zappa feel from Guilty Gear except you're getting random ghosts every time.

Steve
21st March 08, 09:35 AM
I just have one question:

Can I play Toad?!?

http://xerto.free.fr/toad1.jpg

Nope.

KhorneliusPraxx
21st March 08, 09:52 AM
i don't want it then!

:-(

WarPhalange
21st March 08, 12:52 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, Toad would have been nice. And Megaman.

Sirc
21st March 08, 04:31 PM
Megaman would've been excellently awesome to play with. My only real complaints are that they shouldn't have made clone characters. Fox, Falco, Wolf, they're all exactly the same.

Even Ness and Lucas are vastly different in how you play them. Other than that, I can't find anything wrong with the game.

Mas
21st March 08, 07:07 PM
How's Snake?

WarPhalange
21st March 08, 08:57 PM
He's ok. Moves pretty fast, but has slow and powerful attacks.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st March 08, 08:58 PM
if i had started a super smash bros. tournament, you guys would have been all over it

i see how it is

WarPhalange
21st March 08, 09:02 PM
What, that you play shitty games? We could have told you that ages ago.

AAAhmed46
24th March 08, 09:34 PM
No solid snake.

WarPhalange
24th March 08, 11:31 PM
What do you mean by "no solid snake"?

ICY
24th March 08, 11:43 PM
I hate these games. I hate the Wii, I'm boycotting it permanently, like I did with the GC. Nintendo making Pokemon started my boycott. It will never end.

WarPhalange
24th March 08, 11:49 PM
That's probably a good thing for everybody.

KhorneliusPraxx
25th March 08, 08:36 AM
No solid snake.
Is that what you call the cord between the controller and the console?

socratic
26th March 08, 05:15 AM
I'm really taking a liking to metaknight.

Metaknight better be fucking badass. He only has a fucking space pirate ship and as the final boss, challanges Kirby to a swordfight, then flies after you with his newly awesome wings whilst you try to flee his free-falling ship. You can (through a trick) use whatever power you want in the battle, but come on- swordfighting a blue spacepirate Kirby-esque villain just made the SNES that much cooler.

I missed Melee, as none of my buds ever got a GC and I never had the money. I still enjoy classic Smash Brothers. This looks badass.

KhorneliusPraxx
26th March 08, 08:26 AM
My Dream Team

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/mvc2/series1/zangief.jpghttp://xerto.free.fr/toad1.jpg

Steve
26th March 08, 06:47 PM
No solid snake.

Is that what you call the cord between the controller and the console?

Fucking hell, that made me LOL! Plus, good sir.

I just have this vision of Ahmed as a caveman looking perplexedly back and forth between the wiimote and the wii...

*wipes tears from eyes*

Sorry, back to the thread.

socratic
26th March 08, 09:44 PM
My dream team would be Kirby, Meta Knight, and Marx. Kirby Superstar was the reason I got into emulation.

MrBadGuy
31st March 08, 10:48 AM
So, is there going to be a Socioside brawl league? Because I got mad beatings in store. (Ice climbers/Snake/Bowser/ROB)

WarPhalange
31st March 08, 02:48 PM
Marven and DC should take a lesson from Nintendo on how to make a fucking GREAT cross-over story-line, not the shit they've been pulling for ages now.

Honestly, The Subspace Emissary is AMAZING. Like SirC said, you fight Ridley with Pikachu and shit like that. It's just too cool for words. You have Snake and Meta Knight kicking ass and taking names.

RaiNnyX4
31st March 08, 02:58 PM
Marven and DC should take a lesson from Nintendo on how to make a fucking GREAT cross-over story-line, not the shit they've been pulling for ages now.

Honestly, The Subspace Emissary is AMAZING. Like SirC said, you fight Ridley with Pikachu and shit like that. It's just too cool for words. You have Snake and Meta Knight kicking ass and taking names.

Who gives a crap about the story-line of a fighting game? It's not a RPG. That's actually the one thing that kind of pisses me off about the Tekken series. The story sucks balls and yet they keep trying to continue it. Just focus on improvements to the engine and make the game as balanced as possible.

WarPhalange
31st March 08, 03:02 PM
No, dude, The Subspace Emissary is every fanboy's wet dream. Marvel and DC suck ass at cross-overs like that. They need to learn from SSBB.

KhorneliusPraxx
31st March 08, 04:08 PM
Who gives a crap about the story-line of a fighting game? It's not a RPG. That's actually the one thing that kind of pisses me off about the Tekken series. The story sucks balls and yet they keep trying to continue it. Just focus on improvements to the engine and make the game as balanced as possible.
It is all about the Fluff. All else is secondary!

Leon S Kennedy
1st April 08, 09:26 PM
I use Snake and he's really good. You wouldn't use him like most other characters. While most characters rely on smash attacks to KO, his smash attacks, though are good, aren't what you would normally use to KO opponents. It's his regular A and his tilt-A attacks that would do that.

The online play is pretty fun but I hate how playing with random people limits you to playing only 2-minute rounds. That and playing laggy games is pretty common.

WarPhalange
1st April 08, 09:34 PM
It doesn't limit you, dude. You can set your rules in the options and then the computer randomly chooses a person's rules.

Leon S Kennedy
2nd April 08, 08:21 PM
what i'm talking about is how you can only do 2-minute ko games as opposed to stock. i mean, 2-minute ko is okay but i just prefer stock more.

WarPhalange
2nd April 08, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you can do stock matches. You set the rules you want for your brawl and then the computer randomly picks one of the rules or something I think.

Leon S Kennedy
3rd April 08, 02:30 AM
Not when you play random people. If you play people on your friends list you can play stock. You can choose items on/off and stage but not whether or not you'll play stock or 2-minute ko.
it sucks because it takes longer to get a game going then to actually play a game.... unless the game is laggy then you'll be there for much much longer then 2 minutes.