PDA

View Full Version : Gandhi

AAAhmed46
19th March 08, 08:02 PM
This is the greatest movie ever....well one of.

I always learned about Gandhi in school. I Knew he did great things, i learned the details. But i never really though about what he accomplished.

I was surprised to see how multinational, multi-religious his friends were, and how he made a 180 turn in himself.

He went from the perfectly assimilated brown man, to a man who was in touch with his own cultural identity, while doubly reforming his own culture at the same time.

Ben kingsley(i know i got his name wrong) was amazing. No wonder you guys here love him so much.

How did they make him look all brown and everything? It's amazing.

Im surprised people talk about Rocky(which is awesome) they talk about all these other movies as classics, they talk about brave heart, they talk about movies like 300 and saving private ryan.

but they never really talk about this movie, which truly touched me.

Even more surprising, most of the memorable quotes in this movie, which i thought was just good writing was...real. Gandhi real said that stuff.

He was badass(i don't agree with non-violence, but a good movie, and respectable man)

Tanhalen21
19th March 08, 11:54 PM
I watched this movie when I was 8 years old, so all I remember is how much I liked it back then, but SIR Ben Kingsley is, irrefutably, a badass.

AAAhmed46
20th March 08, 12:40 AM
Brown?!?!?!?!?

WHITE!?!?!?!?

WTF IS HE!!!!

He had me confused.

Tanhalen21
20th March 08, 12:44 AM
Brown?!?!?!?!?

WHITE!?!?!?!?

WTF IS HE!!!!

He had me confused.

He's a right proper English knight. But he is apparently of Indian Khoja Gujarati descent on his father's side. I didn't know this until I wiki'd it just now.

ICY
20th March 08, 03:28 AM
He's Caucasian.