PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk Trailer

boondock lee
14th March 08, 12:30 AM
0LCocwFvvoE
There you go, the premire of the Hulk movie!!!!

Well, this is sort of a reboot/ sequel of the first movie, and it promises to have more action then the first one.

My take on it, I am a fan of superhero movies so I will watch it ( to be honest, I didn't think that the first one was so bad) and Edward norton is a pretty good actor. I ll just have to wait until more stuff comes out.

Steve
14th March 08, 12:38 AM
I'm skeptical, but + for being the first to post a vid.

Sun Wukong
14th March 08, 03:55 AM
I believe this movie was produced entirely in-house by marvel. IE, no fucking around with the paradigm of the Hulk for commercial value. None of that four-color bullshit or rainbow painted underground military bases like in the last Hulk movie... also, edward. fucking. norton.

Neildo
14th March 08, 03:58 AM
I actually liked the first one. Eric Bana did a good job. Jennifer Conolly is hot. Sam Neill is a damn fine actor. Ang Lee uh....he's brokeback now. sonuvabitch.

AAAhmed46
14th March 08, 06:09 AM
Im with neildo.

I liked it for eric bana mostly.

Scrapper
14th March 08, 07:34 AM
I am very excited. that's the fucking abomination! A real opponent for big green to bang with. Edward Norton? BRILLIANT!

It looks like they made this one for the fans, and I for one am ecstatic.

mrblackmagic
14th March 08, 08:56 AM
No, mutant poodles. I'm go.

Teh El Macho
14th March 08, 10:35 AM
I liked the previous Hulk ,mostly cuz of Eric Bana and Jennifer Conolly (I wanna see her canolli).... hmmm, anyways, ok stuff.

The Hulk was one of my favorite characters, and I hope they keep making better 'reboot' movies of him (just as it was done with Batman, from the ghey plastic nipple Batman to the mean, motherfucking 'SWEAR TO ME!' Batman.)

Sirc
14th March 08, 11:36 AM
I'm skeptical.

Although Hulk vs. Abomination sounds fucking awesome.

They need to do a team up movie already.

Spider-man and Dare Devil vs. Sludge of rogue's gallery folk.

Or

Secret Wars arc (The late 90's version, not the 80's one).

Feryk
14th March 08, 11:53 AM
Marvel is starting to figure out the formula now. Iron Man looks like it will be pretty damn good. This looks like a much better take on The Hulk. Bana was a decent Bruce Banner, but Edward Norton is the man.

What they are really trying to do is create multi movie franchises ala Spider Man. I think they have a shot at it with Hulk and Iron Man.

boondock lee
14th March 08, 12:24 PM
I'm skeptical.

Although Hulk vs. Abomination sounds fucking awesome.

They need to do a team up movie already.

Spider-man and Dare Devil vs. Sludge of rogue's gallery folk.

Or

Secret Wars arc (The late 90's version, not the 80's one).

The avengers movie is a maybe..........

The problem I had with the first one was that the action really didn't impress me, and that the Hulk's rampage was kinda cut short. But I did love Sam Ellott as General Thunderbolt Ross.

The one thing that bugs me about the film is that one of the screenwriters ( along with norton) is Zak Penn who was involved in X3....so my opinion is kinda in the air right now....

Riddeck
14th March 08, 01:38 PM
The avengers movie is a maybe..........

The problem I had with the first one was that the action really didn't impress me, and that the Hulk's rampage was kinda cut short. But I did love Sam Ellott as General Thunderbolt Ross.

The one thing that bugs me about the film is that one of the screenwriters ( along with norton) is Zak Penn who was involved in X3....so my opinion is kinda in the air right now....

Yeah, X3 was kind of a tragedy.

Though I have to call out the fact that Juggernaut would not have been able to break out of the ground when Kitty Pryde put him into it. He becomes part of the stone, not just sunk into it.

She did it to Thor once, on a dock, stuck him halfway through and left him there. She is the uber, for lack of a better statement.

That is all.

Feryk
14th March 08, 03:17 PM

Though I have to call out the fact that Juggernaut would not have been able to break out of the ground when Kitty Pryde put him into it. He becomes part of the stone, not just sunk into it.

She did it to Thor once, on a dock, stuck him halfway through and left him there. She is the uber, for lack of a better statement.

That is all.

This quote reminds me of when I was standing in line for Spiderman 3. Two guys at the front of the line were debating who would win between Spiderman and Superman. They pulled all the geeked out trivia out of their assholes that you could imagine. I wanted to hurt them too.

Sirc
14th March 08, 03:39 PM
This quote reminds me of when I was standing in line for Spiderman 3. Two guys at the front of the line were debating who would win between Spiderman and Superman. They pulled all the geeked out trivia out of their assholes that you could imagine. I wanted to hurt them too.

They weren't that uber geek if they didn't know what Superman and Spider-man have already fought and Spider-man was winning until the very end.

MrGalt
14th March 08, 04:37 PM
Would the very end be the moment Superman laid a hand on him and crushed his shit?

Sun Wukong
14th March 08, 04:41 PM
Agreed.

X3 was a trainwreck.
Eric Bana did a good job, it wasn't his fault the first one tanked.
Norton will kick ass, because that's what Norton does.
The Abomination is an awesome badguy for the Hulk.

Sirc
14th March 08, 05:08 PM
Would the very end be the moment Superman laid a hand on him and crushed his shit?

No, Spider-man broke Superman's jaw with a crypotnite glove he was wearing. Then Superman threw spider-man through a wall, and then batman came and broke them up.

Spider-man was duped by Lex.

socratic
14th March 08, 05:49 PM

That is all.
Wait- do you phase into the floor, or does the floor phase into you?

Real comic. Spidey ftw, or so I've heard.

No, Spider-man broke Superman's jaw with a crypotnite glove he was wearing. Then Superman threw spider-man through a wall, and then batman came and broke them up.

Spider-man was duped by Lex.
And Batman whomps Superman, too. Of course, he gets Green Arrow to help him with a Cryptonite arrow, but still.

Wait- what did Lex say: "Superman totally helped Goblin kill Gwen"?

Also, fuck yeah, this movie looks awesome. Bana is a good actor, mind you, but they keep paring him up with shitty everything else.

That said, Ang Lee was responsible for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which was an awesome movie. Too bad he went a bit Hulky until his Back Broke.

Sun Wukong
14th March 08, 07:25 PM
Well, Crouching Tiger was a huge disappointment in the Chinese community. The movie would have been much better without all the stupid "flying around" retro-bad 80's kungfu/ninja movie shite.

The storyline was also a little slow in several places. It could have been better. I still think Ang Lee is a good director though. I feel like he can satisfy the fans.

socratic
15th March 08, 06:49 AM
Well, Crouching Tiger was a huge disappointment in the Chinese community. The movie would have been much better without all the stupid "flying around" retro-bad 80's kungfu/ninja movie shite.

The storyline was also a little slow in several places. It could have been better. I still think Ang Lee is a good director though. I feel like he can satisfy the fans.

I really enjoyed Crouching Tiger, but in retrospect I'd imagine the 'martial arts' bit was phased out quite a bit for flying. I mean, it took me till half-way through my time on Bullshido to go: "Hang on a second- That's TAI CHI CHUAN!?". I still thought the wire fu was fucking cool and quite pretty to boot, but eh, I'm not the entire community of China.

Cullion
15th March 08, 09:07 AM
my pee-pee is hard.

Steve
15th March 08, 04:29 PM
After re-watching the trailer I've been reminded that Liv Tyler is in the film. I will now make sure that I see this film.

Oh, and the official website with HD trailer: here (http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/).

mrblackmagic
15th March 08, 05:49 PM
Rule of thumb for hero vs hero from different comic universes. The one with less power usually wins especially if you're Batman.

Ang Lee put a mutant poodle and Nick Nolte chewing up the screen in the same film. I enjoyed the acting too, but that's a horrible thing to do to comic book fans.

OZZ
16th March 08, 03:54 PM
I don't have any doubt that this version will be ten times better than Ang Lee's version. Sam Elliot was a great General Ross, and Bana did a good job. But the vision Ang had for the film was too complicated to translate on screen. Consequently, it ended up being rather stupid when it was an attempt at a rather intellectual/empathetic take on the whole Hulk idea.
From the trailer, this Hulk looks meaner, greener and ready to rumble. Norton is one of the best and will thrive in the role.
I would rather see the Rhino than Abomination, but , hey, whatever.
I also heard that the Leader is going to be in this as well? Any truth to that?

socratic
17th March 08, 05:24 AM
Why Rhino? Isn't he a crappy Spidey villain who generally just runs through something valuable, then gets whomped by Spidey?

I wonder what it is Ang was particularly attempting to get at by intellectualising the Hulk- I mean, is there really that much thought behind HULK SMASH!!!!

Yeah, there's guilt and angst and etc in character development terms, but come on. HULK SMASH!!!!!!!! I mean, he wrecked Vegas, thus World War Hulk.

Sun Wukong
17th March 08, 06:20 AM
Oh shit, Ang Lee did the first Hulk? In that case, nevermind anything good I said about him. i'd like to kick him right in the nuts for the fucking hulk-poodle hybrid.

Sun Wukong
17th March 08, 06:21 AM
Nolte did good work in my opinion though. Very over-the-top, very much like the giant asshole you'd expect banner's dad to be.

OZZ
17th March 08, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=socratic]Why Rhino? Isn't he a crappy Spidey villain who generally just runs through something valuable, then gets whomped by Spidey?
QUOTE]

Actually, there is a long and bitter rivalry between the Rhino and the Hulk that has its beginnings in the comic story lines of the 1960's. They used to fight all the time, partially because the Rhino is one of the few bad asses who can actually sand toe to toe with the Hulk and hold his own.
Spidey usually outmanouevers and outsmarts the Rhino. But he can't survive more than one or two solid charges from him. The Rhino is fuckin' tough man, don't kid yourself.
Nowadays, the Rhino is mainly a Spidey villain. But for two decades he was a mainstay in the Incredible Hulk series as well.

KhorneliusPraxx
17th March 08, 11:30 AM
Despite the crappy aspects of the first one...and there was stuff I didn't like...it was a good film.

Eric Banna - Good
Jennifer Connelly - Good
Sam Elliott - Great
I really loved the effect of taking the multiple running film images, framing them, and putting them together like a comic page. Those scenes and the score were brilliant.

mrblackmagic
17th March 08, 11:53 AM
I was never really a Hulk fan, but I liked his fights against the U-Foes. Those were the funniest non-Garth Ennis marvel comics ever.

Neildo
17th March 08, 03:26 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the tank and helicopter battle in the first one. it was well done. if the movie had more if that, it would have been great. also, the scene at banners place when dude opened up with the submachine gun, you could see the bullets bouncing off his skin making hulk even bigger and more pissed off. perfectly done IMO.

Slindsay
17th March 08, 06:54 PM
I really liked the first one to be honest and I can see this being even better.

Incidentally, how cool would it be if they could get all the current crop of actors together and do a cross over movie? Am I the only one who thinks that would be amazing?

OZZ
17th March 08, 08:31 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the tank and helicopter battle in the first one. it was well done. if the movie had more if that, it would have been great. also, the scene at banners place when dude opened up with the submachine gun, you could see the bullets bouncing off his skin making hulk even bigger and more pissed off. perfectly done IMO.

The part where he pickd up the tank and spun it around before hurling it was really cool..

OZZ
17th March 08, 08:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that would be amazing?

Yes.

Shawarma
17th March 08, 08:46 PM
Ang Lee = worthless
The Hulk = worthless
Edward Norton = brilliant

This will suck.

Harpy
17th March 08, 11:05 PM
I used to watch the series as a kid in the 80's. Love Eric Bana! (as proven by the pics I've posted in the hotties thread).

Who the hell is Edward Norton?

Riddeck
17th March 08, 11:30 PM
I used to watch the series as a kid in the 80's. Love Eric Bana! (as proven by the pics I've posted in the hotties thread).

Bill Bixby was the man.

Awesome Hulk.

Edward Norton is also the man.

Why he is not in your hotties thread...not sure.

mrblackmagic
18th March 08, 09:08 AM

You fail at man-knowledge. He starred in Fight Club, HE-ROH. He also made curb stomping a cultural phenomenon in American History X.

edit.

This is the third movie he has multiple personality disorder in.

Riddeck
18th March 08, 12:57 PM
edit.

This is the third movie he has multiple personality disorder in.

Duly noted.

Wait...what is this word I am looking for...duely?

help?

WarPhalange
18th March 08, 02:14 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Edward Norton looks too much like a little bitch to be the Hulk?

I mean Banner was "mild mannered" like Clark Kent or Peter Parker. Nerdy, geeky. But Norton just looks like a whiny bitch.

KhorneliusPraxx
18th March 08, 02:40 PM
Edward Norton to Incredible Hulk = Poop Loops to Ultimate Warrior

Shawarma
18th March 08, 02:43 PM
I approve. They have a godawful character like the Hulk, they might as well get a good actor to play him and try to save the movie. Shame Norton won't have more to work with.

What's appealing about the Hulk? All the stories I've read with him were generally "I am Bruce Banner, I am a pussy, except when I get angAAAARGH HULK SMAAASH! *cue 20 pages of Hulk smashing stuff while gibbering like a retard.*"

I mean, he's not the most involving comic book hero character in the world, now is he?

Scrapper
18th March 08, 02:47 PM
1962 called, it says that other stuff has happened since then. Try to keep up.

KhorneliusPraxx
18th March 08, 03:15 PM
The key to the Hulk story is the secondary characters: Miss Ross, General Ross, Rick Jones, etc. That is what I hate about people shitting on the other film. Bana, Elliott, and Connolly did a great job with what they had to work with. It is the fucking Hulk, what did you expect?

Sirc
18th March 08, 05:53 PM
Money would be better spent redoing the Dare Devil movie, personally.

Of all the Marvel Characters, I think that Dare Devil has some of the more interesting story lines and involving ones. His character has always been exciting and deep and full of goodness.

They fucked it up, they should fix it.

Feryk
18th March 08, 06:02 PM
There was talk of a Wolverine solo movie. Any idea if that's going to happen? I think he's an interesting character all by himself. His solo books are pretty good.

Shawarma
18th March 08, 06:16 PM
They should make a new Judge Dredd movie, only focus on making it as cruelly funny as the comics are. The movie with Stallone completely neglected the sarcastic humour of the series.

Harpy
18th March 08, 06:17 PM
Sirc - The DD remake. With or without Ben Affleck?

Shawarma
18th March 08, 06:19 PM
That's like asking "Your colon - with or without cancer?"

OZZ
18th March 08, 08:11 PM
There was talk of a Wolverine solo movie. Any idea if that's going to happen? I think he's an interesting character all by himself. His solo books are pretty good.

Yes, it is going to happen and Hugh Jackman is playing him again. Should be out by next summer.

Sun Wukong
18th March 08, 08:18 PM
Sirc - The DD remake. With or without Ben Affleck?

Without! Damn you AFFLECK!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!! Seesaw fighting... god damn it.

Harpy
18th March 08, 09:02 PM
Without! Damn you AFFLECK!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!! Seesaw fighting... god damn it.

You were supposed to be keeping your eyes on Ms. Garner.

Sirc
18th March 08, 09:05 PM
Without Affleck.

A better DD would be Jonathan Tucker:

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/78/37/0000037837_20070215165209.jpg

He's also got the Hell's Kitchen/Brooklyn/Bronx accent going for him.

mrblackmagic
18th March 08, 09:58 PM
All the heroes I like and would make good movies were already made into failed movies. The both punishers were entertaining, but not very good. X-Men was crap through and through. Spiderman was on slippery slope as the series continued. The Hulk was good drama, but it failed as an action movie. Elektra was all kinds of crap. Everyone involved on Ghostrider needed to be shot. Daredevil was a special disappoint because I saw it with my dad who as far as I can tell is the biggest DD fan on earth. There's not a lot left they can really wreck.

The new punisher movie's cast gives me hope, but the choice of director is suspect.

The Wolverine movie has both Gambit and Deadpool in it. They will not translate well on screen even with Ryan Reynolds as Deapool.

The only thing left for Hollywood to rape is Darkhawk and Luke Cage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed no one touches either.

I approve. They have a godawful character like the Hulk, they might as well get a good actor to play him and try to save the movie. Shame Norton won't have more to work with.

What's appealing about the Hulk? All the stories I've read with him were generally "I am Bruce Banner, I am a pussy, except when I get angAAAARGH HULK SMAAASH! *cue 20 pages of Hulk smashing stuff while gibbering like a retard.*"

I mean, he's not the most involving comic book hero character in the world, now is he?

I'll bet it will be "a meditation upon power" simply on the grounds of Abomination being in it.

Riddeck
19th March 08, 12:24 AM

Of all the Marvel Characters, I think that Dare Devil has some of the more interesting story lines and involving ones. His character has always been exciting and deep and full of goodness.

This, is, in fact, true.

Sirc
19th March 08, 01:03 AM
All the heroes I like and would make good movies were already made into failed movies. The both punishers were entertaining, but not very good. X-Men was crap through and through. Spiderman was on slippery slope as the series continued. The Hulk was good drama, but it failed as an action movie. Elektra was all kinds of crap. Everyone involved on Ghostrider needed to be shot. Daredevil was a special disappoint because I saw it with my dad who as far as I can tell is the biggest DD fan on earth. There's not a lot left they can really wreck.

The new punisher movie's cast gives me hope, but the choice of director is suspect.

The Wolverine movie has both Gambit and Deadpool in it. They will not translate well on screen even with Ryan Reynolds as Deapool.

The only thing left for Hollywood to rape is Darkhawk and Luke Cage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed no one touches either.

I'll bet it will be "a meditation upon power" simply on the grounds of Abomination being in it.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the Gauntlet down on your dad with the biggest DD fan ever.

Sirc
19th March 08, 01:06 AM
Were it up to me, I would make a Dare Devil movie and do the Sins of the Father storyline.

Sun Wukong
19th March 08, 01:34 AM
That's not bad. One thing is for sure, they used entirely the wrong paradigm for daredevil's movie. Daredevil is one of the depressing super heroes in creation. The dark knight is serious but he's utterly reserved and has almost everything else going for him in comparison. Nothing in DD's life ever goes well for long.

Karen Page, his girlfriend, was a junky whore who got AIDS and was murdered by Bullseye (same guy who killed Electra) after she sold out his secret identity to his worst enemy for a fucking FIX! on top of all that shit, he's poor as fuck and was disbarred from practicing law. Even when he was practicing, he spent most of his time working pro-bono for every hard luck case that came his way.

All Batman had to do was slum it for awhile as an emo-kid on steroids with a multi-billion dollar bankroll stashed away.

DareDevil's paradigm is surviving in the face of utter misery and loss without ever compromising. He's the most ruined and out of luck superhero in mainstream comics. That movie failed to deliver in almost everyway. Without any of that stuff he was just a poor man's dark knight trying to hit on jennifer garner while kung-fu fighting on a seesaw for no obvious reason.

Neildo
19th March 08, 01:47 AM

agreed, 100%. re-do plz kthx

Sun Wukong
19th March 08, 01:56 AM
My suggestion for a New Marvel comics movie:

The Mighty THOR!!!

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/44000/43734/88936-homage-covers_400.jpg

Sirc
19th March 08, 02:01 AM
That's not bad. One thing is for sure, they used entirely the wrong paradigm for daredevil's movie. Daredevil is one of the depressing super heroes in creation. The dark knight is serious but he's utterly reserved and has almost everything else going for him in comparison. Nothing in DD's life ever goes well for long.

Karen Page, his girlfriend, was a junky whore who got AIDS and was murdered by Bullseye (same guy who killed Electra) after she sold out his secret identity to his worst enemy for a fucking FIX! on top of all that shit, he's poor as fuck and was disbarred from practicing law. Even when he was practicing, he spent most of his time working pro-bono for every hard luck case that came his way.

All Batman had to do was slum it for awhile as an emo-kid on steroids with a multi-billion dollar bankroll stashed away.

DareDevil's paradigm is surviving in the face of utter misery and loss without ever compromising. He's the most ruined and out of luck superhero in mainstream comics. That movie failed to deliver in almost everyway. Without any of that stuff he was just a poor man's dark knight trying to hit on jennifer garner while kung-fu fighting on a seesaw for no obvious reason.

Agreed. Dare Devil beats even Spider-man in the run down luck department. I mean for fuck's sake, DD lives in Hell's kitchen.

Spider-man and Dare Devil crossover movie with one of their cross over story lines would be awesome.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/44000/43734/88936-homage-covers_400.jpg

A Thor movie doing the Rune Thor story line would be fucking awesome. It'd have to be a la 300 style.

Riddeck
19th March 08, 02:32 AM
Agreed. Dare Devil beats even Spider-man in the run down luck department. I mean for fuck's sake, DD lives in Hell's kitchen.

Spider-man and Dare Devil crossover movie with one of their cross over story lines would be awesome.

A Thor movie doing the Rune Thor story line would be fucking awesome. It'd have to be a la 300 style.

Did you ever see the made for tv movie Hulk/DD crossover. Bill Bixby/Lou Fergeno(sp?) Hulk. Was pretty fucking sweet.

Sirc
19th March 08, 02:40 AM
No. Probably won't either.

Sun Wukong
19th March 08, 02:50 AM
http://www.immortalthor.net/news-05242007-jmsinterview1a.jpg

socratic
19th March 08, 03:29 AM

*breaks out his "Dare Devil: The Man Without Fear"* His dad was killed by mobsters. What does DD do in return? Knock the shit out of those mobsters. We're talking like a 15 year old kicking mob enforcer's ribs into splinters, punching them in the head with rolls of pennies, etc etc.

What they really fucked up on was the total absence of any training for DD. Stick taught him the whole 'yeah, I'm blind, but I can still see you' thing. How many other guys have a training sequence involving shooting arrows at a target, whilst blind, in an abandonned factory floor? Fuck yeah.

I guess the real problem with the movie was that they removed a lot of the darker, sadder parts of the movie, then tried to put them back in when he beat the fuck outta the rapist, for example.

PS: The only problem I have with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is that Wade Wilson is kinda black. But otherwise, cool.
PPS: I fucking hate Bullseye. The guy just goes around ruining everyone's shit. Now, given, that's badass, but his power is he can aim shit really well. And he goes around ruining all the cool people's fun! Lame. He's one of the Raftugees in Civil War, isn't he? I know he got pressganged into working for the Thunderbolts, but he's all hush-hush as the Fascists don't want anyone knowing they've got obvious murderers in their midst or something.

What we really need is a Marvel Zombies movie. Preferably vs Army of Darkness. Hell, even people who don't like comics love Marvel Zombies. Spielberg's a fan, I'm told.

Sirc
19th March 08, 03:35 AM
Spider-man's next movie absolutely NEEDS to be the Kraven the Hunter Story line where Kraven kills himself in the end.

Riddeck
19th March 08, 03:36 AM
http://www.immortalthor.net/news-05242007-jmsinterview1a.jpg

Trying to find a picture of Kitty Pryde putting Thor into a dock and leaving him there. No luck thus far.

KhorneliusPraxx
19th March 08, 10:28 AM
Spider-man's next movie absolutely NEEDS to be the Kraven the Hunter Story line.

http://www.bjjfighter.com/photos/misc/frey.jpg

OR

http://www.shootflix.net/images/graphics/severn4.jpg

mrblackmagic
19th March 08, 10:46 AM
I'm just mad the Spiderman games had better storylines than the movies.

Sun Wukong
19th March 08, 02:09 PM
Trying to find a picture of Kitty Pryde putting Thor into a dock and leaving him there. No luck thus far.

I had the comic at one point. I believe it was during a New Warriors crossover.

OZZ
19th March 08, 04:38 PM

I think you are being a bit too critical. as a comic book reader, it is guaranteed disappointment if you expect the movies to stay 100% true to the storyline. There are a lot of things that look good on paper that don't look good on the screen. Like bright yellow costumes, for example. Or excessively hairy super heroes.
The latest installment of Batman was one of the best comic book movies ever made. The first Spider-Man was pretty good, considering its target audience and the Punisher with Thomas Jane was quite well done too.
The worst of the bunch was probably the Man-Thing - a straight -to -video release that was just awful...
There is plenty more to come. Captain America is in the works as well as Green Lantern and Green Arrow. Numerous sequels are coming and Iron Fist, Black Panther and yes, Luke Cage are all being brought to the screen as well.
All things considered, I think the majority of the comic book movies have been pretty good overall.Besides just the ones with super heroes, look at all the other great movies that have come out that are based on comics - 300, From Hell, Road To Perdition, A History of Violence and Hellboy - just to name a few.
The Spider-man series is really waning though, as you noted. The last one was pretty close to terrible. Kids love it though, and that is part of the goal here from both Hollywood's and the big comic companies perpectives: to gain a new generation of super hero fans. Let's not forget that DC comics is OWNED by Warner Bros...
My suggestion, lower your expectations a bit and don't insist that screenwriters stay true to the comic storylines too much. You will enjoy them more if you kind of take them for what they are.
That's what I have had to do and I find it easier to accept now.
I would like to see a Jonah Hex movie, but I am not sure if there is enough fan base for Warner Bros/DC to bother with that. I would love to write the script.

OZZ
19th March 08, 04:40 PM
Did you ever see the made for tv movie Hulk/DD crossover. Bill Bixby/Lou Fergeno(sp?) Hulk. Was pretty fucking sweet.

It was fucking terrible- are you kidding?

mrblackmagic
19th March 08, 05:07 PM
I think you are being a bit too critical. as a comic book reader, it is guaranteed disappointment if you expect the movies to stay 100% true to the storyline. There are a lot of things that look good on paper that don't look good on the screen. Like bright yellow costumes, for example. Or excessively hairy super heroes.
The latest installment of Batman was one of the best comic book movies ever made. The first Spider-Man was pretty good, considering its target audience and the Punisher with Thomas Jane was quite well done too.
The worst of the bunch was probably the Man-Thing - a straight -to -video release that was just awful...
There is plenty more to come. Captain America is in the works as well as Green Lantern and Green Arrow. Numerous sequels are coming and Iron Fist, Black Panther and yes, Luke Cage are all being brought to the screen as well.
All things considered, I think the majority of the comic book movies have been pretty good overall.Besides just the ones with super heroes, look at all the other great movies that have come out that are based on comics - 300, From Hell, Road To Perdition, A History of Violence and Hellboy - just to name a few.
The Spider-man series is really waning though, as you noted. The last one was pretty close to terrible. Kids love it though, and that is part of the goal here from both Hollywood's and the big comic companies perpectives: to gain a new generation of super hero fans. Let's not forget that DC comics is OWNED by Warner Bros...
My suggestion, lower your expectations a bit and don't insist that screenwriters stay true to the comic storylines too much. You will enjoy them more if you kind of take them for what they are.
That's what I have had to do and I find it easier to accept now.
I would like to see a Jonah Hex movie, but I am not sure if there is enough fan base for Warner Bros/DC to bother with that. I would love to write the script.

I didn't say all comic book movies sucked just the one's I mentioned. It just upsets me Marvel movies can't take on faith that the audiences wants to see well developed characters and a good plot just as much they want to see good action. Ghost Rider was about special effects and it flopped. The Hulk was all about character and it flopped. That just can't hit the mark.

I loved all the D.C., Vertigo, and Dark Horse. I've read the source to all those works and still like the movies except for V. For some reason, I liked the movie more.

Mas
19th March 08, 05:42 PM
I think we are all missing the point here.

GIJoe movie!

Dennis Quaid as General Hawk!
Rachel Nichols as Scarlett!
Ray Park (whom you may remember as Darth Maul) as Snake Eyes!
Christopher Eccelston as Destro!
Sienna Miller as The Baroness!
Byun-hun Lee as Storm Shadow!

Good comic, or best comic?

OZZ
19th March 08, 06:14 PM

GIJoe movie!

Ray park is supposed to be Iron Fist..
GI Joe sucks btw.

OZZ
19th March 08, 06:19 PM
I didn't say all comic book movies sucked just the one's I mentioned. It just upsets me Marvel movies can't take on faith that the audiences wants to see well developed characters and a good plot just as much they want to see good action. Ghost Rider was about special effects and it flopped. The Hulk was all about character and it flopped. That just can't hit the mark.

I loved all the D.C., Vertigo, and Dark Horse. I've read the source to all those works and still like the movies except for V. For some reason, I liked the movie more.

Therein lies the problem -making a movie with a good story, well-developed characters, lots of action and great special effects, and squeezing in one or two - or possibly even three - character origins all in 2-3 hrs?Plus trying to please the die hards like ourselves..
Not an easy thing to do.
The rights to all Dark Horse Characters was just purchased the other day - but I can't remember by what company.

Neildo
19th March 08, 06:40 PM
http://www.spidervillain.com/Villains/Kraven/KravenMU.gif

definately

http://www.bjjfighter.com/photos/misc/frey.jpg

GIJoe movie!

oh hell yes.

Thaiboxerken
19th March 08, 07:52 PM
Looks good, a real monster fight too!

Ang Lee's attempt was really good, until the fucked up ending that was so abstract it made Akira's ending look sensible.

Mas
19th March 08, 08:14 PM
Ray park is supposed to be Iron Fist..
GI Joe sucks btw.

Actors usually try to be in more than one movie.

Oh, and you suck btw.

http://is0.okcupid.com/users/200/242/2012420170211390749/mt1132448116.jpg

That's fucking right.

Thaiboxerken
19th March 08, 08:16 PM
Is that guy part of the Village People?

Mas
19th March 08, 08:20 PM
No, that's Snake Eyes, and he's way cooler than you.

Mostly because he doesn't talk.

Thaiboxerken
19th March 08, 08:26 PM
He doesn't talk because he has cock in his mouth.

Mas
19th March 08, 08:28 PM
No he doesn't talk because his vocal chords got burned in a horrific helicopter crash.

Please, canon only. No fanfic.

Thaiboxerken
19th March 08, 08:31 PM
No he doesn't talk because his vocal chords got burned in a horrific helicopter crash......

While he was sucking the pilot's throttle.

Mas
19th March 08, 08:35 PM
Snake Eyes is a sexy beast, I can understand your obsession.

mrblackmagic
19th March 08, 08:41 PM
Therein lies the problem -making a movie with a good story, well-developed characters, lots of action and great special effects, and squeezing in one or two - or possibly even three - character origins all in 2-3 hrs?Plus trying to please the die hards like ourselves..
Not an easy thing to do.

It's actually quite easy. Stop letting David Goyer write them all.

The rights to all Dark Horse Characters was just purchased the other day - but I can't remember by what company.
I heard this too. I'd be game for a Grendel and Goon movie. I may even shell out some money for an animated Big Guy and Rusty movie.

OZZ
19th March 08, 08:49 PM
GI JOE - sets a record for the number of bullets and explosions with no casualties.
Cartoon was stupid, the comics-even stupider. That's why you can't get more than 10 bucks for a GI JOE #1.
If you want Army Violence get REAL - get SGT. ROCK!!!

Neildo
19th March 08, 08:51 PM
haha wtf did you just post?

GI JOE - sets a record for the number of bullets and explosions with no casualties.
Cartoon was stupid, the comics-even stupider. Tat's why you can't get more than 10 bucks for a GI JOE #1.
If you want Army Violence get real ..get :
Image:Sgtrock196.jpg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Image File history File links

Size of this preview: 393 × 600 pixels
Full resolution‎ (468 × 714 pixels, file size: 127 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

[edit] Summary
Sgt. Rock Issue #196

[edit] Licensing
This image is from a comic strip, webcomic or from the cover or interior of a comic book. The copyright for this image is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that

the use of low-resolution images of the cover of a comic book to illustrate:
the issue of the comic book in question;
the periodical comic book series of which this issue is a part; or
the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) on the cover of the issue in question;
or the use of low-resolution images of a single panel from a comic strip or an interior page of a comic book to illustrate:
the scene or storyline depicted, or
the copyrighted character(s) or group(s) depicted on the excerpted panel in question;
where no free alternative exists or can be created,
on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/copyright for more information.

To the uploader: please add a fair use rationale as described on Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline, as well as the source of the work and copyright information.

File history
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/Time User Dimensions File size Comment
current 03:22, 27 January 2006 Mokwella (Talk | contribs) 468×714 127 KB Sgt. Rock Issue #196

Edit this file using an external application
See the setup instructions for more information.

File links

The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):

Sgt. Rock (comics)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sgtrock196.jpg"
Categories: All non-free media | Non-free comic images | DC comic book coversViewsImage Discussion Edit this page History Personal toolsLog in / create account Navigation
Main Page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Interaction
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact Wikipedia
Donate to Wikipedia
Help
Search
Toolbox
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link

This page was last modified on 25 December 2007, at 22:58. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. (See Copyrights for details.)
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) tax-deductible nonprofit charity.
Privacy policy About Wikipedia Disclaimers

OZZ
19th March 08, 08:52 PM
haha wtf did you just post?

tried to post this really cool picture of Sgt. Rock..didn't work.

Mas
19th March 08, 09:01 PM
Cartoon was stupid, the comics-even stupider. That's why you can't get more than 10 bucks for a GI JOE #1.

Breaker
Hawk
Flash
Doc
Quick Kick
Recondo
Thunder
Lady Jaye :(
Maverick
Sneak Peak :)

That's just the good guys I can think of. GIJoe wasn't the best comic of all time, but shit it was fun when I was a kid. I still crack one open from time to time and have a smile.

And I like Sgt. Rock but lol...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Sgtrockdoll.jpg

Neildo
19th March 08, 09:16 PM
Did Sgt Rock ever have ninjas? I don't think so.

In issues 94, 95, and 96 snake eyes kills a shitload of cobra dudes. like....a lot.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/snakesnap.JPG

damn watermark. i'll have to re-upload that.

Riddeck
20th March 08, 12:50 AM
It was fucking terrible- are you kidding?

Why would you say that?

Btw...

http://www.joebattlelines.com/jmto/dioramas/convoyambush/07-08-03-4.jpg
The Man.

SpringHeeledJack
20th March 08, 03:18 AM
Fuckin right. Tunnel Rat was a bad dude. My favorite part of the movie was when he blasted a giant hole in that worm that had eaten him. Man, he was the shit.

Mas
20th March 08, 03:44 AM
Oh shit yeah, that was awesome.

His basketball brother wasn't so cool though. His rhymes were as bad as Shaquille O Neal's free throws.

socratic
20th March 08, 05:04 AM
Never read GI Joe. Not really that interested.

Now what would make a grand addition to any Batman movie would be The Killing Joke. Alan Moore knows the score.

Riffs, YEAH! CAN YOU DIG IT!?

Anyways, is that what the Joker's going to be based on in The Dark Knight, y'recon?

Also, which comic characters would you fellas consider really needs a (faithful) movie? I wanna get back to the fun nerdyness, as I ain't 'merican and thus don't get the whole GI Joe "AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE!!!!!!!" thing.

Edit: Oh, and I'm a fucking Commie, if that helps.

Scrapper
20th March 08, 07:29 AM
They ALL could use a faithful movie...but Iron Fist and Luke Cage will translate to big screen fairly easily, and would be fun to watch.

I'd like to see a Deadpool stand-alone movie as well.

Just keep the Sin City movies coming and I'll be happy as well.

Ahhh, fuck it. Just do an Avengers movie with an X-men/FF crossover and I'll shut up.

OZZ
20th March 08, 10:04 AM
And I like Sgt. Rock but lol...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Sgtrockdoll.jpg

WTF????!!

OZZ
20th March 08, 10:24 AM

Now what would make a grand addition to any Batman movie would be The Killing Joke. Alan Moore knows the score.

Anyways, is that what the Joker's going to be based on in The Dark Knight, y'recon?

Also, which comic characters would you fellas consider really needs a (faithful) movie? I wanna get back to the fun nerdyness, as I ain't 'merican and thus don't get the whole GI Joe "AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE!!!!!!!" thing.

Actually, the Killing Joke is being re printed (AGAIN...) just in time for the next movie. Supposedly with some new coloring or something. I personally think it is just a cash-grab and I don't think the movie is based on the Killing Joke storyline, they may have taken elements from it and put them in the film, I'm not sure.
What pisses me off about that comic is that it has been re printed about eight times and yet the first printing stubbornly sits at a top value of about $20.00 in NM - (without CGC, that is). If it is so damn popular it has to be re printed that many times, then the fuckin' first print should go up! I have two of them, so of course I want them to go up. I actually just sent one in for grading last week.
Alan Moore is one of my favorite writers too.I like Garth Ennis just a bit more. I would love to get a hold of one of Moore's scripts from the Killing Joke. Are they available on the net somewhere?

I think that Iron Fist could be a good movie, but I am not entirely optimistic that it will turn out well..
I am also eager to see the Black Panther on the big screen.
Wolverine solo film should be good if Hugh Jackman is playing him again. It needs to be nasty violent though. No super-villains, except maybe the Silver Samurai.
I am actually more interested in seeing particular villains brought to the screen than I am anything else. Characters like The Shocker, The Lizard, The Red Skull, Mysterio, Rhino, The Constrictor..
I think Bruce Willis would make a terrific Scorpion. He looks just like Mac Gargan.
Geez, I really am an uber geek...

Sirc
20th March 08, 04:34 PM
They ALL could use a faithful movie...but Iron Fist and Luke Cage will translate to big screen fairly easily, and would be fun to watch.

I'd like to see a Deadpool stand-alone movie as well.

Just keep the Sin City movies coming and I'll be happy as well.

Ahhh, fuck it. Just do an Avengers movie with an X-men/FF crossover and I'll shut up.

Skrull invasion with New Avengers = Best movie of the decade.

Oh my god. I might masturbate to that movie.

Iron Fist played by Jason Stratham.

Luke Cage played by Will Smith or something or some other Black guy.

mrblackmagic
20th March 08, 04:50 PM
Luke Cage played by Will-Fucking- Smith

I should have you shot for this.

Commodore Pipes
20th March 08, 05:01 PM
Actually, the Killing Joke is being re printed (AGAIN...) just in time for the next movie. Supposedly with some new coloring or something. I personally think it is just a cash-grab and I don't think the movie is based on the Killing Joke storyline, they may have taken elements from it and put them in the film, I'm not sure.
What pisses me off about that comic is that it has been re printed about eight times and yet the first printing stubbornly sits at a top value of about $20.00 in NM - (without CGC, that is). If it is so damn popular it has to be re printed that many times, then the fuckin' first print should go up! I have two of them, so of course I want them to go up. I actually just sent one in for grading last week.
Alan Moore is one of my favorite writers too.I like Garth Ennis just a bit more. I would love to get a hold of one of Moore's scripts from the Killing Joke. Are they available on the net somewhere?

Dude, you should know this: it's reprinted so that DC gets to keep all the rights and fuck Alan Moore out of his money. Back then, reprint rights reverted to Alan Moore after the book went out of print. DC pulled a no-brainer and simply made sure those books NEVER EVER went out of print.

OZZ
20th March 08, 07:47 PM
No shit?
No Wonder Moore hates the big companies so much..

socratic
21st March 08, 03:57 AM
No shit?
No Wonder Moore hates the big companies so much..
Movie companies especially, I would imagine, having just read heaps of League of Extroadinary Gentlemen comics. Here's a hint for those who haven't read them: There's no Dorian Grey in the League. At least, not in the first season, and so far not in the second (and I've nearly gotten through it). That said, some mention of Dorian is probably somewhere in the comics- pretty much every peice of literature ever gets at least a vague mention somewhere in that thing.

What I really think was the valuable thing out of The Killing Joke that I'd like to see in the Dark Knight is how the Joker came to be. The idea of the fatalism between Bruce and the Joker is interesting, but no-where near as impressive as just how far a man can be pushed and what happens when he's pushed too far (PROTIP: He becomes one of the most famous villains of all time).

Sirc
21st March 08, 04:16 AM
I should have you shot for this.

I really can't think of anybody to play Cage.

But I think with the right guidance Smith could pull it off.

socratic
21st March 08, 04:31 AM

He doesn't really seem to have the right kind of look. I mean... he'd be look more like 'Will Smith trying to play Luke Cage' than 'Luke Cage'. I mean, from what I've seen of Cage, their faces and their bodies just don't really match up.

As for character, maybe he could, I don't know. I think the jury's still out on his acting talent.

KhorneliusPraxx
21st March 08, 08:00 AM
Nicolas Cage named himself after Luke Cage...So he gets the roll by default. :-)

mrblackmagic
21st March 08, 12:46 PM

I will be sure they shoot you in the hip.

mrblackmagic
21st March 08, 12:51 PM
This is why I don't want a Luke Cage movie because they are going to hire Michael Jai White, TJ Storm, or some B Level black actor who could "do all the actions scenes" and "bring the grit of the character to life." Like they did in Steel, Blade, and Spawn. I'd rather not have a Luke Cage movie at all.

Commodore Pipes
21st March 08, 02:20 PM
How about C. Thomas Howell?

http://www.reappropriate.com/content/soulman.jpg

DerAuslander108
21st March 08, 09:41 PM

They killed Psylocke.

The fucking killed Psylocke.

Those Klingon bastards killed Psylocke.

socratic
22nd March 08, 03:28 AM
This is why I don't want a Luke Cage movie because they are going to hire Michael Jai White, TJ Storm, or some B Level black actor who could "do all the actions scenes" and "bring the grit of the character to life." Like they did in Steel, Blade, and Spawn. I'd rather not have a Luke Cage movie at all.

Deadpool is black, isn't he? I remember seeing a picture of him mask-less, horribly scarred and whatnot, and he was black.

Funnily enough, Ryan Reynoulds isn't.

mrblackmagic
22nd March 08, 09:17 AM
Deadpool is black, isn't he? I remember seeing a picture of him mask-less, horribly scarred and whatnot, and he was black.

Funnily enough, Ryan Reynoulds isn't.

It's a condition. He's not black.

Deadpool was a governments top assassins until he was diagnosesd with terminal cancer. Our friends to the north in the Weapon X program gave him some of Wolverine's healing factor. It cured his cancer, but it feeds off his skin.

Shawarma
22nd March 08, 09:24 AM
Isn't Deadpool the guy whose superpower is the ability to break the 4th wall any time he feels like it? How would you make a movie that translated that well?

mrblackmagic
22nd March 08, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say it's a power as much as it's a schtick.

DerAuslander108
22nd March 08, 11:15 AM
I'm still on the whole Psylocke thing.

mrblackmagic
22nd March 08, 02:13 PM
It would work easily in a movie. He'd narrate straight to the audience like in A Clockwork Orange, but occasionally his narrations would actually be him thinking out loud.

I'm still on the whole Psylocke thing.

Poor you. Why don't you smoke some grass, do some high kicks, and meditate upon how great it is to be egoless.

DerAuslander108
22nd March 08, 03:34 PM
Poor you. Why don't you smoke some grass, do some high kicks, and meditate upon how great it is to be egoless.

:bowdown:

socratic
24th March 08, 04:56 AM
It's a condition. He's not black.

Deadpool was a governments top assassins until he was diagnosesd with terminal cancer. Our friends to the north in the Weapon X program gave him some of Wolverine's healing factor. It cured his cancer, but it feeds off his skin.

Huh. I had no idea there was a downside to his borrowed healing factor, beyond that it was largely taken up by fighting off the horrific cancer.

I seriously hope he gets to do heaps of his hilarious 4th wall breaking. Reading the comics (even just the Civil War ones) was hilarious.

Out of curiousity, how many have come out of the Weapon X program? Wovly, that random Wolvy-but-female character in X-force (Read X-force 2, I think that's the one where they go after the fuckers who captured Rahne and there's some awesome killing sprees), Deadpool, and who else? I'd imagine there was 9 previous Weapon projects, too.

mrblackmagic
24th March 08, 07:25 AM
Sabretooth. Maverick. Silver Fox. Weapon X. Wildchild.

JohnnyCache
25th March 08, 12:58 AM
Wait- do you phase into the floor, or does the floor phase into you?

Real comic. Spidey ftw, or so I've heard.

And Batman whomps Superman, too. Of course, he gets Green Arrow to help him with a Cryptonite arrow, but still.

Wait- what did Lex say: "Superman totally helped Goblin kill Gwen"?

Also, fuck yeah, this movie looks awesome. Bana is a good actor, mind you, but they keep paring him up with shitty everything else.

That said, Ang Lee was responsible for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which was an awesome movie. Too bad he went a bit Hulky until his Back Broke.

If Juggernaught's metabolism could survive the interphasing with the ground, there's a good chance it could reject and destroy the co-mingled matter very, very quickly. His clothing surviving is more dubious, but come on let's not worry about the Purple Pants rule at this late date.

And seriously, anyone who goes, "WHY DO THEY KEEP TRYING TO MAKE HULK DEEP ANYWAY THE HULK SHOULD JUST SMASH" is a gay.

JohnnyCache
25th March 08, 01:17 AM

The Authority, Starring Russel Crow as the midnighter, Brad Pitt as apollo, Jason Statham as Hawksmoor, and Katiee Sackhoff as Jenny Sparks?

WarPhalange
25th March 08, 01:46 AM
Edward Norton sucks!

socratic
26th March 08, 03:26 AM
Edward Norton sucks!
B-b-b-b-but-but-but FIGHT CLUB!

I want there to be a Moon Knight movie. Because there really isn't enough movies with schizophrenics with skinned imaginary friends.

Or, if you prefer, there isn't enough movies featuring the chosen of ancient Egyptian gods appearing in the form of the most notable slain enemy of said chosen.

Sirc
26th March 08, 03:37 AM
What they really really need to make is a Wanted movie.

If you haven't read Wanted, go find a torrent or something because you will not be able to buy it, that's for sure.

socratic
26th March 08, 04:23 AM

If you haven't read Wanted, go find a torrent or something because you will not be able to buy it, that's for sure.

Speaking of torrents and comix, anyone know any good sites for that sorta antics?

Someone who is not me, who is the very picture of law abiding behaviour, is intensely interested in such a thing.

Shawarma
26th March 08, 06:44 AM
Norton has been putting on excellent performances in all the movies I've seen with him. How can you say that he sucks? You must have gotten him confused with David Duchovny or something. (God knows how that man got his own TV-show)

KhorneliusPraxx
26th March 08, 08:31 AM
David Duchovny?

1) He is married to Téa Leoni.http://www.ez-entertainment.net/carpet/TeaLeoniDavidDuchovnyJP2.JPG

2) Was recently seen in bed making out with Halle Berry.http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/mo/premiere_photo/20071022/09/4162965970.jpg

He is a two time winner!!!

mrblackmagic
26th March 08, 08:18 PM

They did. I'm sorry, Sirc.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493464/

Woe to the republic.

It amazes me Hollywood can actually fuck up a comic book made specifically to be turned into a movie. Probably couldn't get the budget they wanted.

Feryk
27th March 08, 01:24 PM
That movie is scheduled to be released in June. It has Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie in it. What makes you think it sucks and didn't have budget?

mrblackmagic
27th March 08, 03:46 PM
That movie is scheduled to be released in June. It has Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie in it. What makes you think it sucks and didn't have budget?

I tell off-hand you haven't read the original comic by your line of questioning. It's going to suck because the comic is about a secret society of super villains that kill off all the heroes and take over the world. That element was completely taken out. Which leads me to next point. I figure since they didn't keep the superhero theme I assumed they felt a) it wouldn't work for the audience or b) they didn't have enough money to compete with the effects of other hero movies. Also, the dialogue is flat and the action scenes are too excessive.

socratic
27th March 08, 08:32 PM
Movies have had a long history of fucking up their source material, huh?

Also, why are KP's avatars all porn?

MaverickZ
27th March 08, 08:34 PM
The Authority, Starring Russel Crow as the midnighter, Brad Pitt as apollo, Jason Statham as Hawksmoor, and Katiee Sackhoff as Jenny Sparks?
I support this only if there is a Planetary crossover.

KhorneliusPraxx
28th March 08, 08:22 AM
<---------------------That's not porn, it's funny.

mrblackmagic
28th March 08, 09:09 AM
Movies have had a long history of fucking up their source material, huh?

That's a little more than fucking up the source material. That's like a Uwe Bowling the source material.

KP's avatars aren't always porn sometimes there just creepy.

Feryk
28th March 08, 03:22 PM
Like yours, mrblackmagic?

KhorneliusPraxx
28th March 08, 03:32 PM
I really like Feryk's logo.

Feryk
28th March 08, 03:36 PM
Feryk's logo is the registered property of Khornelius Praxx. All rights reserved. :)

Riddeck
28th March 08, 04:44 PM
Like yours, mrblackmagic?

No way, Artie is the man.

socratic
29th March 08, 01:43 AM
If I could actually get an avatar (yeah, I'm too cheap for a supporting account) I'd be busting some mad Rorschach or something right now. I swear to god you haven't read comics unless you've read Alan Moore.

Edit: Actually, completely removing the old plot is exactly Uwe Bollish. Has anyone read the comics for The Leage of Extroadinary Gentlemen? Do you know just how much they fucked that movie up?

Obvious critiques:
1. No Dorian fucking Gray.
2. Hyde actually looks more like a monster.
3. Alan Quartermaine is a withered old opium addict, who's barely sober/sane for the first comic or so.
4. Captain Nemo fucking hates the British. And Westerners. And probably women.
5. Yes, Moriarty is the main baddie. But he isn't introduced until moments before the final battle, against his air ship, not some army for WW1.
6. Griffin is evil. He's first brought into the team when he's captured mid-rape at a "gentlewoman's" correctional school (a correctional school full of spanking and huge tits).

Shawarma
29th March 08, 07:38 AM
Griffin and Hyde were excellent in the comic books. Especially how Griffin eventually turns against the team and allies with the aliens, beating up Dracula's girlfriend out of spite. This angers Hyde, who never told Griffin he could actually see his heat signature when invisible, so he rapes Griffin to death. Seriously.

mrblackmagic
29th March 08, 09:13 AM
I heard the couldn't get the rights to Griffin so they went with a guy who found his notes and they changed a lot in the script so they wouldn't get a hard R rating. I'd have washed my hands of the movie too if I knew they were going to butcher it like that.

I went out for a night of heavy drinking after I heard that Zach Snyder (300, Dawn of the Dead) was directing the Watchmen. Actually, I was going out for a night of heavy drinking any way. It just cemented the occasion.

Shawarma
29th March 08, 09:40 AM
Griffin is an evil rapist. Wouldn't have looked so nice in a kiddie film as LOEG eventually turned out to be.

mrblackmagic
29th March 08, 10:32 AM
Back to my original point, the studioes need to have more faith in their audience. Ruthless and unsympathetic characters in the wake of Roeth, Tarantino, Rodriguez, Zombie, and Snyder are back in style. People will gladly pay 8 dollars for nihilistic mayhem.

MaverickZ
29th March 08, 12:07 PM
If I could actually get an avatar (yeah, I'm too cheap for a supporting account) I'd be busting some mad Rorschach or something right now. I swear to god you haven't read comics unless you've read Alan Moore.
I picked up Alan Moore's WildCATS. Which a collection of his entire run on WildCATS. It's a fun read.

MaverickZ
29th March 08, 12:08 PM
Back to my original point, the studioes need to have more faith in their audience. Ruthless and unsympathetic characters in the wake of Roeth, Tarantino, Rodriguez, Zombie, and Snyder are back in style. People will gladly pay 8 dollars for nihilistic mayhem.
http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/DC/Midnighter_01_cover.jpg

socratic
29th March 08, 04:30 PM
Griffin and Hyde were excellent in the comic books. Especially how Griffin eventually turns against the team and allies with the aliens, beating up Dracula's girlfriend out of spite. This angers Hyde, who never told Griffin he could actually see his heat signature when invisible, so he rapes Griffin to death. Seriously.
I thought he actually raped Mina Murray, but her personal notes kinda disagree, because she says she would have felt "more ashamed of myself if he did put his affairs in me". So I wasn't really sure.

It's interesting, Mina's the only person who has any real control over Hyde. By treating him respectfully.

Griffin is an evil rapist. Wouldn't have looked so nice in a kiddie film as LOEG eventually turned out to be.
They even toned down Hyde, which is kinda surprising, since they use his presence for big shocks in all the action scenes. Like, "Here comes the man gorilla to fuck some shit up! Oh, but we won't have him necessarily kill anyone. That isn't nice. And he won't scream profanities either."

I wonder what they'll do to the Watchmen movie, since in the end the bad guy wins and everyone who cares enough about justice to try and stop it dies? (Poor, poor Rorscach...)

I picked up Alan Moore's WildCATS. Which a collection of his entire run on WildCATS. It's a fun read.
I picked up America's Best Comics and the Watchmen, so that's what I've been going through to get my Alan Moore. Is WildCATS good?

Edit: Anyone who enjoys Batman should read The Killing Joke. It gives the Joker a background that makes him an understandable, empathisable character. It also shows very nicely the kind of dynamic between ol' Bruce and the Joker, and their own views on their relationship.

MaverickZ
29th March 08, 05:33 PM
I picked up America's Best Comics and the Watchmen, so that's what I've been going through to get my Alan Moore. Is WildCATS good?
Unless you know who the WildCATS are and what the whole deal with them is, you won't get a lot out of it. There are a lot of interesting revelations and topics covered, but unless you've followed them before you won't really know what's going on. That's not to say it's bad, I liked it. But it's good for fans.

mrblackmagic
29th March 08, 07:03 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/DC/Midnighter_01_cover.jpg

That comic reads like a Tromaville movie. Sans the gay subplot, it may be entertaining to watch.

Actually, I'm still waiting on a Gen 13 movie.