PDA

View Full Version : Hey Riddeck! Suck my d1ck!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 05:14 AM
http://www.zshare.net/download/88653655f586fe/

There's sum' my geetar. The tone came out way nasally but otherwise it's alright.

p.s. notice how you can hear the bass in the backing tracks lololol

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 05:15 AM
P.S. I will be neg repping everyone that doesn't like it.

Shawarma
13th March 08, 05:17 AM
The sad thing is that Riddeck has 10.000 times more interesting material to post than you will ever have.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 05:19 AM
Yeah! Creed is so awesome. I think U2 is pretty good too. It's such a shame that the guitarist from Hawthorne Heights died he was going to be great.

bob
13th March 08, 05:57 AM
'sokay. But can you do 'Smoke on the Water'?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 06:02 AM
how about canon in d or stairway to heaven?

bob
13th March 08, 06:06 AM
Yeah, something a little less black maybe.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 06:18 AM
If Asia isn't going to post here then someone has to be the token black guy.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 09:43 AM
Azians aren't allowed talk in soul or hillbilly dialects.

You guys have your own and it's great. Stick to it.

ah-so, ah-so.

C'mon now.

Kiko
13th March 08, 12:11 PM
'sokay. But can you do 'Smoke on the Water'?
8sEYIouqEdU

WarPhalange
13th March 08, 12:19 PM
OK, I was going to make a crack about how great of a guitar player your friend is, since we can't see who is playing, but that wouldn't even be funny at this point.

It's good that you finally put up. The first two were shit, the last one was OK for the first 30 seconds.

You suffer from the exact same problem I do when improvising: We suck because we can't think of anything cool to play.

My personal solution for that has been to learn composed pieces (either solos or melodies, or what have you) from other songs and bands so I have some tools I can use when I have to work by myself. It won't even come down to copying them, but you'll know cool licks, rhythms, and note effects. Rhythms are important, because you just had a constant stream of notes for the most part, with some breaks to try something cool, and then back to the constant streams. The transistion from one to the other wasn't fluid and the stream itself got really boring. It's more than note selection; rhythm is also important. I get stuck in those same streams of notes, too, though. If I start playing a few 8ths, then it's 8ths the whole solo, until I catch myself and fail at trying to do something else.

What do I mean by effects? Vibrato and bending. It's something I routinely forget to do, along with playing legato, but I heard you do that a few times at least. (hammer ons, pulls) Bending might be more for the blues types than for jazz, but you know vibrato is important.

Anyway, that's why I like having a set piece to memorize and practice. I can throw in all those things I forget to do, and hope they get ingrained somehow, so that I'll remember to do things like bend, hammer on, etc.

Sirc
13th March 08, 02:16 PM

ah-so, ah-so.

C'mon now.

He's not asian.....

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 04:29 PM
8sEYIouqEdU

LOFUCKINGL

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 07:15 PM
He's not asian.....

*She* is actually YOU, so you're wrong.

Sirc
13th March 08, 07:53 PM

How long have you been away?

That episode is over already, we're on a new story line.

Mr. Mantis
13th March 08, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Poop Loops has some good thoughts. I'll try to add a bit. What I'm about to say sounds easier than it really is. Pick a key and stick to it. Find all the spots you can play.

Another suggestion is to have your rhythm man switch to a different back up pattern, maybe with some breaks thrown in, and you can feed off one another a bit.

Yer tryin' to play some hard shit there. That takes lots of work to get just right. Another suggestion is: Jam with as many people as you can, hopefully with people better than you.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 08:53 PM
What a lame piece of shit you are for putting them in .wmv format. Have you had any formal instruction for the guitar or did you just teach yourself? How long have you been playing?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 09:03 PM
Pick a key and stick to it. Find all the spots you can play.

I was trying to go for a frentic, bebopish thing, but I was too nervous to make it work.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 09:06 PM
What a lame piece of shit you are for putting them in .wmv format.

WMP was the only program I had immediately available to rip these.

Have you had any formal instruction for the guitar or did you just teach yourself? How long have you been playing?

Yes, with a jazz fusion guitarist. Two years and some change.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 09:13 PM
WMP was the only program I had immediately available to rip these.

Yes, with a jazz fusion guitarist. Two years and some change.
Well I obviously haven't heard much of you play, but you may need to find a new teacher who can teach you how to play in key in better, or how to improvise better. I agree with Poop Loops' analysis.

Edited: By the way, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm actually suggesting something that may help you out. Not saying your instructor isn't good either, different instructors work better with different students. You just have to find the right match sometimes.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 09:47 PM
However, seeing as how you're such a cunt and pretend to be some sort of music guru when you clearly have no conception of what music is or should be, I don't know why I don't come straight out and say what I think.

You guys suck. Mostly just you though. Really, I can hardly stand listening to it, but I thought I would listen all the way through so you'd at least get a chance to somehow redeem yourself. You didn't. No matter how much you know about the technical aspect of music, ANYONE, including those completely ignorant of music, can tell that you are lost on the fretboard. Good try, though!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 10:03 PM
So have you ever touched bebop or do your talents extend as far as playing along with your favorite rock tracks?

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 10:09 PM
So have you ever touched bebop or do your talents extend as far as playing along with your favorite rock tracks?

If you consider Dizzy Gillespie bebop, he held me as a baby (literally).

I have never been into playing bebop on the guitar. I enjoy playing rock and roll and folk music. I also dabble in the blues. But I have immense respect for jazz and jazz guitarists, and enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoy listening to anything else, although I am admittedly not as versed in it as I am in other kinds of music.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 10:31 PM
How long have you been away?

That episode is over already, we're on a new story line.

You've really lost the eye of the tiger.

Remember how frantic you used to be for attention?

Now you're like all calm-assertive.

And Cracky isn't a junkie. wtf.*

*Connection?

WarPhalange
13th March 08, 10:42 PM
I have never been into playing bebop on the guitar. I enjoy playing rock and roll and folk music. I also dabble in the blues. But I have immense respect for jazz and jazz guitarists, and enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoy listening to anything else, although I am admittedly not as versed in it as I am in other kinds of music.

Great, now he's going to tell you he's better than you because at least he sucks at a real genre. You can't back off of your attack with him, or else you've lost.

Anyway, MJS, if you like your teacher, stick with him. Improvising is HARD. I am with my current teacher for... wow... 2 years now also... and even though I switch between bass and guitar and don't practice as much as I should, I can still tell that it's fucking hard to improvise.

Whenever my teacher gives me a piece to work on, he says "Okay, so over these chords you can do [this this this] and you have a long stream of X Chord here, so you can play around, yadda yadda" and gives me a quick demonstration that just makes me feel like a n00b. But he's been at this for years, played professionally, and has recorded CD's (nothing big, but he's had the experience of it). He's just better. That's why he's my teacher.

Whereas I go home, and fumble my way through the songs, hoping to come up with some cool lick, cool bassline, or whatever, and then there's the strugle of "I want to do this now, but my fingers aren't dexterious enough."

That's why I like to play rock and metal songs. They are easier, since you just focus on your fingers and don't have to think ahead about what you are going to play. You can focus on the details, so make sure you transition chords as neatly as you can, vibrato well, bend to the right pitch and at the right speed, etc.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 10:48 PM
Great, now he's going to tell you he's better than you because at least he sucks at a real genre.
This isn't supposed to be about who's better at guitar. I gave him a simple tip and he was a bitch about it. Here's another tip: don't post your fucking shit and then not be able to take constructive criticism. He apparently wanted everyone to marvel at how good he is, and no one did. I never said that I was better than him, and I don't intend to get into a pissing match with him about who is better, however desperately (and stupidly) he wants it.

Sun Wukong
13th March 08, 10:48 PM

WOW, you have been away for along time. I hope you're not an investigator because your detective skills r teh suxx0r; MJS has been alot of people but never actually Sirc. They pulled a little three card monte with their names but always posted from different accounts.

Who said MJS was a girl anyway? certainly not me. Unless you mean the time he showed up to a throwdown in drag? That was funny.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:00 PM
I haven't been anywhere. Frankly, you're all the victim of a grand ruse by the yellow menace(s). PM me for details.

On a semi-related note, I propose something similar to the terrorst threat level-o-meter.

A rough guide to gauage the amount of illicit/prescription junk in Cracky.

The more he displays a penchant for trolling, wanting to be a subsistence farmer and kill cops, we assign a higher numeric rating.

The more he displays intolerance to pot smokers, and the more he wants to associated with cops and be some sort of Gestapo in tribal jurisdictions, we give him a lower numeric rating.

I forgot where the child rearing comes in....was that also a pipe dream? Or was that kinda like drunks getting married during recovery?

I don't know if we could break it down as narrowly as parts per million in his blood stream, but it's worth looking into.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 11:18 PM
This isn't supposed to be about who's better at guitar. I gave him a simple tip and he was a bitch about it. Here's another tip: don't post your fucking shit and then not be able to take constructive criticism. He apparently wanted everyone to marvel at how good he is, and no one did. I never said that I was better than him, and I don't intend to get into a pissing match with him about who is better, however desperately (and stupidly) he wants it.

Actually you're butthurt because I negged you exactly like I said I would.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 11:20 PM
Great, now he's going to tell you he's better than you because at least he sucks at a real genre. You can't back off of your attack with him, or else you've lost.

Actually, it was a reply to his rep comment.

I am with my current teacher for... wow... 2 years now also...

I've been playing for two years. I only started taking lessons last August.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 11:24 PM
Actually you're butthurt because I negged you exactly like I said I would.
Do you seriously think I give a fuck about rep? It bothers me because you're a pretentious little twat who tells everyone else they know nothing about music and tells them that their opinions are not valid, and for some reason you feel like you are actually entitled to do this. Also, because you just ignore constructive criticism and are like every other immature little brat who takes everything as a blow to his worthless ego because you can't handle the fact that no one thinks you're great. Or even good.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th March 08, 11:25 PM
So it's a coincidence that your mood went sour after I negged you?

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:25 PM
But azian kid has teh s0ul, Mr. halen.

You never were black so youd on't know.

Azian is closer to black.

These are facts.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 11:27 PM
So it's a coincidence that your mood went sour after I negged you?
Because the FUCKING comment just completely ignored the advice I was offering with disdain and replied with an insult... or at least what you THOUGHT was an insult.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:34 PM
Don't worry Tan. I + repped you to balance it out.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 11:37 PM
Thanks, the 3 points my rep went down was really bothering me. By the way, I'm 18 so arguing with a 17 year old is not as unacceptable.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:39 PM
Oh, so YOU'RE the reel high school guitar hero here.

By all means....don't let me get in the way.

Poll:

Who os the real high school guitar hero?

"I'm a freshmen in collelge, fag!!!"

Whoa-ho-ho....sorr-REE.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 11:39 PM
Oh, so YOU'RE the reel high school guitar hero here.

By all means....don't let me get in the way.
I'm in college.

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:41 PM
Did I call it or what?

Look at the edit you missed.

Tanhalen21
13th March 08, 11:49 PM
Did I call it or what?

Look at the edit you missed.

Not really, I was just correcting you

Kein Haar
13th March 08, 11:53 PM
Because you think it matters. LOL4lyfe

Tanhalen21
14th March 08, 12:02 AM
Give me a fucking break dude. Are you seriously going to be the guy making fun of people because they are highschoolers / freshmen in college? It's fun watching you embarass yourself without even realizing it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
14th March 08, 12:09 AM
but seriously everyone else still finds 300 jokes as funny as you do

Kein Haar
14th March 08, 12:18 AM
Tag team!

No, no..

FAG TEAM

GUITAR HERO FAG TEAM

Go!

Back to discussin who iz b3st.

Tanhalen21
14th March 08, 12:21 AM
.... 0/10... ok, 1/10 because I actually replied to you.

Steve
14th March 08, 12:29 AM
I downloaded your songs, MJS.

I listened to about half of all of them then deleted the folder.

Sorry.

Tanhalen21
14th March 08, 12:33 AM
MJS, perhaps the only reason your playing could use some improvement is because of how you're thinking of the music. I think if you found a different way to think about the music you are playing you would find that you're better than your playing.

Just a thought. I know whenever I think too hard about something instead of just feeling it I usually fuck it up, so maybe that's akin to what is holding you back.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
14th March 08, 12:42 AM
been trying to work with chords instead of keys. it's difficult.

I can lay down scales all day, but it's less interesting and none of my favorite guitar players did that.

Tanhalen21
14th March 08, 12:58 AM

I can lay down scales all day, but it's less interesting and none of my favorite guitar players did that.
I think this is your problem. You may totally disagree with me, but my friend, a much superior musician than you or me, thinks the same way. I admittedly do not know much about music theory, but I can improvise pretty well. The reason for this is because I forced myself to learn my way around the fretboard, and once I did this I can just hear what someone is playing and improvise something that complements it. Sometimes you just have to feel the music instead of knowing it. You probably won't agree, seeing as how you pay most attention to the specifics, but perhaps you should try thinking a different way and see how you like it.

WarPhalange
14th March 08, 01:14 AM
You're thinking of Zen'ing it, which is the goal in any activity. Just being "in the zone". But it's not that easy. Whenever I've come up with cool licks, it's been when I was in the zone, but immediately noticed "hey, that was cool" and everything suddenly went to hell.

Music theory gives you guidelines as to what will sound good or bad, so you can really narrow down your note selection.

When you look at an entire fretboard, a repeat of 12 notes, someone who knows what key they are in only looks at 7 of those notes repeated. That makes things a lot easier.

Theory isn't so much the end goal as it is training wheels. I, for example, can't do without it. I've been an analytical person all my life, so trying to go with my gut is impossible. I need the theory to help me out. Eventually you ingrain it and you can do without thinking about it. That is the goal.

Tanhalen21
14th March 08, 01:19 AM
You're thinking of Zen'ing it, which is the goal in any activity. Just being "in the zone". But it's not that easy. Whenever I've come up with cool licks, it's been when I was in the zone, but immediately noticed "hey, that was cool" and everything suddenly went to hell.

Music theory gives you guidelines as to what will sound good or bad, so you can really narrow down your note selection.

When you look at an entire fretboard, a repeat of 12 notes, someone who knows what key they are in only looks at 7 of those notes repeated. That makes things a lot easier.

Theory isn't so much the end goal as it is training wheels. I, for example, can't do without it. I've been an analytical person all my life, so trying to go with my gut is impossible. I need the theory to help me out. Eventually you ingrain it and you can do without thinking about it. That is the goal.

That's an interesting perspective. I guess since I taught myself and learned mostly on intuition I kind of learned the opposite way. So maybe my advice is easier for me to take since I was kind of forced to learn by "zenning it" as you put it, as opposed to learning to put shit together through the theory. Maybe you should try it anyway though. If you try to forget about thinking about keys and such and just learn to feel around the keyboard for a month or two maybe it'll be a good supplement?

Sirc
14th March 08, 02:09 AM
I started playing guitar when I just so happen to buy one on an impulse. I started with the flute/violin/piano when I was 8, then I stopped around 12 and picked up a guitar when I was about 19ish.

I've been off and on the guitar for the last 3 years with teachers. I play every once in a while but I'm really just applying the knowledge i have of other insturments to it. I need to just learn how to do licks and I'll be totally ok with that.

When I can play similarly like this:

jysCH5kMews

I'll be happy.

Mr. Mantis
15th March 08, 01:24 PM

Chords are within keys. A chord is 1,4,5 in a scale. If you determine your key, you can play any of the chords in the key, and you should be okay. Strum the chords or hit the notes, it doesn't matter. That framework will give you an idea of how it all fits together, but by no means do you have to stick to the guide.

As a practice, have your guys play this in measures: 1,1,4,1,5,4,1 have em play a jazz 8 if you want.

Then you improv over that within those chords.

SFGOON
15th March 08, 01:42 PM

ah-so, ah-so.

C'mon now.

NGRRRRRRRT! MUST - REP - KEINHAAR RRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th March 08, 02:53 PM
Chords are within keys. A chord is 1,4,5 in a scale. If you determine your key, you can play any of the chords in the key, and you should be okay. Strum the chords or hit the notes, it doesn't matter. That framework will give you an idea of how it all fits together, but by no means do you have to stick to the guide.

As a practice, have your guys play this in measures: 1,1,4,1,5,4,1 have em play a jazz 8 if you want.

Then you improv over that within those chords.

yo nigga check it

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/hungaria.gif

Mr. Mantis
16th March 08, 11:26 AM
Like I said. That's some hard shit. When you can play something like that right, you know you have arrived.

There's no shame in working your way up.

Tanhalen21
16th March 08, 12:05 PM
Like I said. That's some hard shit. When you can play something like that right, you know you have arrived.

There's no shame in working your way up.

I'M ARRIVING, I'M ARRIVING, HUP, HUP, HUP!!! I arrived.