Stick
10th March 08, 10:24 PM
dCjRk9fzPLc

bob
11th March 08, 01:21 AM
true dat

socratic
11th March 08, 02:50 AM
(Protip: Adelaide, not Adelade. Adelade just makes too much sense.)

Huh. Didn't know that. I'm missing out on something good with this Dexter thing, aren't I?

Yiktin Voxbane
11th March 08, 09:03 AM
Yay my Hometown :)

(it's true too, we have some fucking whackos)

mrblackmagic
11th March 08, 09:06 AM
Ah, Australia.

Stick
11th March 08, 11:47 AM
(Protip: Adelaide, not Adelade. Adelade just makes too much sense.)

Huh. Didn't know that. I'm missing out on something good with this Dexter thing, aren't I?

Yes, yes you are.

socratic
12th March 08, 04:57 AM
Yay my Hometown :)

(it's true too, we have some fucking whackos)

I always figured the big names in killing were from country towns or properties or something. They always pick up tourists in the middle of no-where and dump them in said middle of no-where.

Yiktin Voxbane
12th March 08, 10:08 AM
The family -*gang* of well-known and highly placed individuals that have been accused of some of the most perverse and bizzare acts , including the abduction, rape, torture and eventual killing of one of Adelaides oldest News anchormen

Ratcliffe / Gordon and the Beaumont children - Abducted from open well attended public areas , No trace ever found

Bell - Abducted from her bedroom, via the window in bedroom whilst her family slept in the house , No trace ever found

Bodies in the Barrels - This one had news crews form the US and Asia on me doorstep, just 1 suburb over ..... An individual whose name escapes me now, decided to start systematically removing people he percieved as pedarists and of low wit. NOT before garnering their banking details and in later killings involved getting a taped series of recording from the victims, to leave on peoiples answering machines. Ended up storing the bodies in barrels, Burying some under a rainwater tank and eventually storing the barrels in a disused bank vault.

They're just a couple off of the top of my head .

Yiktin Voxbane
12th March 08, 10:15 AM
I always figured the big names in killing were from country towns or properties or something. They always pick up tourists in the middle of no-where and dump them in said middle of no-where.

Partly true .

When we (the nation) arent feeding our bunyips or heading to the bush in a Kangaroos pouch (Seats a family of four quite easily) we have an annual unnofficial weekend event , called Wolf-Creek-weekend . It's Austalia wide , we get to kill backpackers , bonus points for Corpse art .

Shawarma
12th March 08, 10:15 AM
What kind of town is Adelaide? A redneck shithole, an urban sprawl?

Yiktin Voxbane
12th March 08, 10:20 AM
City , A lot of tecnology based industry and a small amount of manufacture , Mitsubishis Last car has already been started should be done by thursday/friday .

Regarded by rest of Oz as a boring shithole .

Home to the festival of Arts and was the original city to host the Gran Prix before the Mexicans (Victorians ) stole it .

A lot of well respected wineries and the Coopers brewery .

Harpy
12th March 08, 05:18 PM
I spent Easter in Adelaide last year. Its a beautiful city, great food, seems more conservative than Sydney and more cultured.

Shawarma
12th March 08, 05:19 PM
There is culture in Australia?!

(except for DaYoung, of course.)

bob
12th March 08, 06:45 PM
Ironically, given the purpose of this thread, Adelaide prides itself as being one of the few (the only state capital?) places that was never a convict colony. It is much the worse for it.

We tolerate them because they know how to make good beer and wine.

Harpy
12th March 08, 07:06 PM
Is that your honest opinion bornsceptic?

I think its a really picturesque place, nice for families etc.

bob
12th March 08, 07:10 PM

Actually I've never been there... If I had I wouldn't admit to it.

srsly, I do find the serial killer thing funny considering how often adelaideans have gloated to me about the convict thing.

Harpy
12th March 08, 07:31 PM
That is pretty funny.

I've got family who live in the posh suburbs plus I got to see the Egyptian exhibit from the Louvre at the museum in Adelaide (didn't come to Sydney) so I have good memories of that place.

Plus I find the kids there are 'kids' compared to the ones I see in Sydney who want to grow up too fast. Defintely less fast paced than the larger cities in Aus.

socratic
14th March 08, 07:42 PM

I think the best places for families are closer to the coasts. The food's fresher, the cities are bigger, and there's more shit to do. I've had friends go off to live with a parent in Adelaide, get so bored they turn to drugs, then come back more fucked up then when they left. I'm sure it's a great town, just not one I'm particularly interested in going to.

That is pretty funny.

I've got family who live in the posh suburbs plus I got to see the Egyptian exhibit from the Louvre at the museum in Adelaide (didn't come to Sydney) so I have good memories of that place.

Plus I find the kids there are 'kids' compared to the ones I see in Sydney who want to grow up too fast. Defintely less fast paced than the larger cities in Aus.
Funny, the exhibit was on for like a month at the National Gallery down here. It was awesome. That said, I'd much rather be in Sydney than Adelaide or even the ACT. Trying to find a damn martials arts class in a city so underpopulated is hard.

What kind of town is Adelaide? A redneck shithole, an urban sprawl?
Funnily enough, Redneckery is really only prevalent more inland. There's country towns all over the place, though, but I wouldn't particularly call them 'Redneck'. My mother came from a fairly large one, and a lot of people there would probably be of mixed race.

socratic
14th March 08, 07:45 PM

Harpy
15th March 08, 03:53 AM
Socratic, funny comment about the MA. My cousin brother who lives there (9 years old) has been doing something worse than GKR Karate there for two years.

socratic
15th March 08, 06:58 AM
Socratic, funny comment about the MA. My cousin brother who lives there (9 years old) has been doing something worse than GKR Karate there for two years.
The rundown as far as I can find: Wing Chung (at least 3 schools), about 15 different TKD schools, two boxing gyms, a couple of PCYCs (with boxing, JJJ each and I think BJJ at one), JJJ (compliant as hell, did it as a kid), Wushu, several Aikido clubs, like 2 Capoeria clubs, two Kyokushin places, one kickboxing gym, and two BJJ clubs. One's on the other side of town to me (useless) and the other is near, but I'm still trying to sort my life out enough to get to it. Oh, and about 3 various Kung Fu places (I met an ex Pai Lum-er, I went to one of the clubs for like 6-9 months [Lol push hands], and at least one at the ANU).