PDA

View Full Version : God of War: Chains of Olympus [PSP]

Neildo
6th March 08, 05:02 AM
I just put this on my machine. I never played the versions for PS2 because i assumed GoW would be like PS2's Ninja Gaiden, which i also never played.

Anyway, so far it's pretty cool. the button mashing action is pretty easy to get used to. In the first fifteen seconds i was chaining together combos and smacking persians around all over the place. because of the psp's button limitations you have to do some weird stuff to dodge (hold both shoulder buttons and then move the analog to dodge left/right), but you get used to that. actions are really responsive but that lack of a second analog stick means a camera that follows the hero and automatically zooms in and out depending on where you're standing, (open areas, it zooms out and kinda pans around, small corridors it closes in and stays behind the dude) kinda annoying but again, something you get used to. nowhere near as bad as some camera views.

Graphics are impressive. Lighting, shading, particle effects, and level detail are all ps2 quality.

Sounds nice. Explosions go boom. Music is fitting and cinematic.

I'm sure glad the psp has such a good suspend feature because the save system sucks. savepoints. on a portable machine. ugh.

and whats with the heros (Kratos or whatever) weapons? I don't see the 20 some odd feet of chain his swords are attached to, and how does he get that bungee action going? i mean sure it looks cool and everything but seriously, whats up with that? it would be cool if you could trade up for bigass scary looking normal swords or like warhammers or something, but swords on chains, wtf?

anyways, it's a cool game. I bet God of War fans that own psp's are quite pleased.

Sirc
6th March 08, 05:10 AM
They're magic swords. The chains are in his body. Ares put them there and they sear with burning pain all the time.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th March 08, 05:25 AM
heavenly sword was pretty cool except i had already played both GoW's.
hear number 3 is comin' out

SpringHeeledJack
6th March 08, 08:46 AM
heavenly sword was pretty cool except i had already played both GoW's.
hear number 3 is comin' outThe best parts of Heavenly Sword were the cut-scenes and the voice acting. The rest of the game got pretty fucking tedious. Also, I've never played God of War.

mrblackmagic
6th March 08, 09:53 AM
You do yourself a disservice.

Neildo
6th March 08, 01:43 PM
They're magic swords. The chains are in his body. Ares put them there and they sear with burning pain all the time.

Oh fuck that's awesome. If I get into this on psp I might check out the ps2 versions.

MSphinx
6th March 08, 01:55 PM
Get the PS2 original first. I haven't played the PSP one but I hear you don't get as many cool moves as the portable game. That and God of War should be pretty cheap by now.

avenger
6th March 08, 04:33 PM
I can't wait to get this game. This would be the first God of War Game I have ever played

Sirc
6th March 08, 09:42 PM
Downloading for teh P to the S to the P at the moment.

Mas
7th March 08, 02:05 AM
I'm actually thinking of getting a PSP just for Chains of Olympus, I really enjoyed both of the earlier GOWs, and I'm generally not a huge action/adventure/platformer/whateveryouwannacallit fan.

Sirc
7th March 08, 02:14 AM
I'm actually thinking of getting a PSP just for Chains of Olympus, I really enjoyed both of the earlier GOWs, and I'm generally not a huge action/adventure/platformer/whateveryouwannacallit fan.

Good thinking. It's a cheap system. $80 off of craigslist.

I got mine for $60 with a 4GB card. Then I hacked the bitch.

Mas
7th March 08, 02:16 AM
Good thinking. It's a cheap system. $80 off of craigslist.

I got mine for $60 with a 4GB card. Then I hacked the bitch.

I've got a PS3 as well and remote play would be pretty cool...

Sirc
7th March 08, 03:16 AM
I've got a PS3 as well and remote play would be pretty cool...

I haven't tried that out yet. :)

Mas
7th March 08, 03:29 AM
Dammit, sociocide is bad for my pocketbook.

Neildo
7th March 08, 03:58 AM

get it for GoW, keep it for all the other groovy shit it can do.

Sirc
7th March 08, 04:09 AM
Dammit, sociocide is bad for my pocketbook.

There's so much more you can do with it other than games.

Movies, music, GPS, Terminal Services, wireless scanning tool, etc. I use it daily at work. For work related things, not just games.

Neildo
7th March 08, 04:47 AM
do you have the GPS? is it worth it?

the camera attachment is totally gay. they want like $70 for a 1.3 mp camera? fuck that.

socratic
7th March 08, 07:32 AM
Don't forget to bang the two women on the bed in the very beginning for some extra delicious red orbs.

Neildo
10th March 08, 04:53 AM
dude that part was awesome. i saw nipple. best game ever.

oh and that was right after smashing the mini boss's face to a paste with a crate. fucking win.

avenger
10th March 08, 06:04 PM
dude that part was awesome. i saw nipple. best game ever.

oh and that was right after smashing the mini boss's face to a paste with a crate. fucking win.

I just got past that part. I definatly want to get a PS3 just so I can play god of war 1 which has more of that stuff.

socratic
11th March 08, 03:07 AM
I just got past that part. I definatly want to get a PS3 just so I can play god of war 1 which has more of that stuff.

I thought that Chains of Olympus was the content from 1 or something. You get to bang two chicks on the ship in 1, either right before the beginning or right after the first boss. Can't quite remember.

MSphinx
11th March 08, 03:59 AM
I thought that Chains of Olympus was the content from 1 or something. You get to bang two chicks on the ship in 1, either right before the beginning or right after the first boss. Can't quite remember.

You get to bang two chicks in GoW 2 as well. A boss character throws you into a building, and if you smash the place up enough you'll find a bathing harem. They're all good.

mrblackmagic
11th March 08, 09:09 AM
Just get GOW 2. If you get one, two won't be as great even though it's the superior of the series.

Doritosaurus Chex
11th March 08, 06:17 PM
If you have a save file from GoW1, does it transfer over and/or give you goodies when you start GoW2?

socratic
12th March 08, 05:06 AM
You get to bang two chicks in GoW 2 as well. A boss character throws you into a building, and if you smash the place up enough you'll find a bathing harem. They're all good.

Hahaha, that's how Kratos rolls.

mrblackmagic
12th March 08, 09:48 AM
If you have a save file from GoW1, does it transfer over and/or give you goodies when you start GoW2?

I have neither seen nor heard of this.