PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, time out: RED DWARF THREAD

Steve
1st March 08, 06:55 AM
This thread (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49282&p=1293521#post1293521) and this post of mine (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1293480&postcount=7) got me to post this.

Part 1:

fpZf4V9Dl88

Part 2:

LK3o6ZkOQvg

Part 3:

RO4mZdexZSw

Now post away other gems!

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:11 PM
Why do Americans have such a hardon for outdated mainstream british comedy?

Kiko
1st March 08, 12:20 PM
Because most of ours sucks?

Shawarma
1st March 08, 12:51 PM
Wait, you LIKE English-style fisnnchips?

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:59 PM
Lots of people do. It's ok as a treat once a month. It's eating it as a regular meal that turns people into the pasty blobs you see waddling around british city centres in their nasty brand-label tracksuits.

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:00 PM
Because most of ours sucks?

You have a lot of crappy unimaginative TV comedy, but your standups are way ahead of ours.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't consider eating Fisnnchips unless as an absolutely last resort, and even then only after I'd eaten my own arms and legs.
You can KILL people with the sharp edges on English-style fishnchips.

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:01 PM
You realise that whilst you people are looking at Red Dwarf, we're listening to Bill Hicks and Patton Oswalt on youtube, right?

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't consider eating Fisnnchips unless as an absolutely last resort, and even then only after I'd eaten my own arms and legs.
You can KILL people with the sharp edges on English-style fishnchips.

Have you actually tried it, or did you just get put off by the smell/appearance?

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:03 PM
Aye. Something like this http://www.recipezaar.com/156769

Swap the vegetable oil for beef dripping if you want to do this properly. Make sure you have plenty of malt vinegar on that.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:03 PM
Many times, thinking I just kept going to the wrong chipshop. I didn't. It's all lethally inedible. In the words of Samuel L. Jackson: "What the fuck did you do to this fish, batter it to death?"

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:06 PM
It's extremely unhealthy, but I didn't realise it had a strong enough flavour to be that objectionable.

You realise that a lot of people don't eat the batter, it's just a coating which the fish steams inside, right?

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:07 PM
Crap. All of this British etc. talk is really stoking my need to visit the country of my roots. Maybe in June. What is the best non-touristy tourist spot in grand old England? Cullion? Anyone?

I'll take you drinking if you come to Oxford.

P.S. You are clear on the difference between 'British' and 'English', right?

SFGOON
1st March 08, 01:10 PM
You realise that whilst you people are looking at Red Dwarf, we're listening to Bill Hicks and Patton Oswalt on youtube, right?

You tell filthy British lies.

Everyone know that the English are essentially trapped in a Charles Dickens novel. Most of your time is spent making spot's o' tea for various guvna's. If it weren't for the tidal wave of muslim immigrants, the UK wouldn't be modern in any sense of the word.

Oh, and you guys shove beans up your noses for fun.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:18 PM
Oxford is real purdy. It has loads of cahlchar and stuff and a very nice river going through it. Not a bad place to visit IMO, but I've only been there for a day or so.

EvilSteve
1st March 08, 02:09 PM
You have a lot of crappy unimaginative TV comedy, but your standups are way ahead of ours.

Agree, although I really dig Eddi Izzard's stand-up. Billy Connolly is great too.

Oh, although if y'all dig Bill Hicks and Patton you might want to check out Jimmy Norton and Patrice O'Neal. Unfortunately our best stand-ups rarely make it big because the general public doesn't go for smart humor. That's why Bill Hicks died relatively unknown and Dane Cook makes millions.

Cullion
1st March 08, 02:21 PM
I don't even know who Dane Cook is. It tends to be your smart comics who make an impact over here.

Cullion
1st March 08, 02:23 PM
Oxford is real purdy. It has loads of cahlchar and stuff and a very nice river going through it. Not a bad place to visit IMO, but I've only been there for a day or so.

It has 2 very nice rivers. And lots of buildings dating from before the first Europeans arrived in America which are still in full usage and require a fortune to constantly maintain and rebuild crumbling sections. And local breweries making decent quality real ales. And a couple of big museums full of artefacts our imperial legions looted from around the world.

EvilSteve
1st March 08, 02:38 PM
I don't even know who Dane Cook is.

I am so, so, jealous of you.

Riddeck
1st March 08, 03:33 PM
Agree, although I really dig Eddi Izzard's stand-up. Billy Connolly is great too.

Oh, although if y'all dig Bill Hicks and Patton you might want to check out Jimmy Norton and Patrice O'Neal. Unfortunately our best stand-ups rarely make it big because the general public doesn't go for smart humor. That's why Bill Hicks died relatively unknown and Dane Cook makes millions.

Patton Oswalt is one of my favourite comedians right now. Dane Cook I hardly pay attention to, have not really watched a full length of his performance. Bill Hicks, on the other hand, was very outspoken about the Government and was particularly angry about Waco. His producer/best friend (through his traveling years) was on Alex Jones a few months ago, talking about how they got into the press area during Waco, Bill's thoughts on the Government, and who was running it. You know, all the conspiracy stuff that only wacko's and nutjobs believe in.

socratic
1st March 08, 05:19 PM
Considering I live in the Commonwealth, I've had all kinds of British awesome my entire life, including hot chips (as in fish 'n'), Red Dwarf, The Office, etc.

PS: rbNy-ZQfrt4

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

PPS: You yanks need some serious Black Adder. Don't you have humour in Uhmerica?

EvilSteve
1st March 08, 05:33 PM
PPS: You yanks need some serious Black Adder. Don't you have humour in Uhmerica?

I've got the Black Adder box set. As well as the Young Ones Box set. Fawlty Towers as well, although I think I prefer the other two.

Oh, and let's not forget Thunderbirds folks.(although that's kind of unintentional humor)

Kiko
1st March 08, 06:30 PM
Black Adder of course! Rowan Atkinson also did a really super HBO thingie. I bet you can find it out on the intarwebs. Mister Bean also in small doses.

Eddie Izzard is amazing too, even moreso to see him do something like "The Riches" which I have to get my hands on season one before season 2 starts. I like quirky stuff.

bob
1st March 08, 06:50 PM
It has 2 very nice rivers. And lots of buildings dating from before the first Europeans arrived in America which are still in full usage and require a fortune to constantly maintain and rebuild crumbling sections. And local breweries making decent quality real ales. And a couple of big museums full of artefacts our imperial legions looted from around the world.

Do you go punting a lot Cullion? When I lived in Oxford we used to punt up the river every weekend, have lunch at the pub (can't remember the name) and then punt back. That was the height of civilisation to me.

Madgrenade
2nd March 08, 05:15 PM
Which is the one where he dies and they have to go on a rollercoaster musical tribute? Love it

Cullion
2nd March 08, 05:26 PM
Do you go punting a lot Cullion? When I lived in Oxford we used to punt up the river every weekend, have lunch at the pub (can't remember the name) and then punt back. That was the height of civilisation to me.

I've been punting exactly once, and I sucked at it. I prefer to watch with a brew in my hand on a summer day.

Letum
2nd March 08, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately I shan't actually be visiting Oxford again now, the shame is too much to bear.

Also, Hail to Blackadder. I don't watch much comedy, either British or American but I love that.

Steve
2nd March 08, 05:36 PM
You fucktards are missing the point:

POST VIDEOS

Madgrenade
2nd March 08, 05:41 PM
7b35O8O_5ZM

found it

Riddeck
2nd March 08, 09:27 PM
S_EUieIzLQk

and
Ch7U_KkLFaU&feature=related

Steve
2nd March 08, 10:54 PM
Um, no.

socratic
4th March 08, 04:26 AM
Which is the one where he dies and they have to go on a rollercoaster musical tribute? Love it

Isn't that the one where Ace Rimmer dies and regular Rimmer takes over?

Anyone who hasn't seen the Young Ones (as previously mentioned) is missing out on some seriously hilarious Slapstick comedy. Speaking of which, "Bottom", (w/ Adrian Edmunson and Rick Mayall from the Young Ones) is kickass for pretty much the exact same reason.

Meanwhile, here's some Krytie goodness:

IBKGs_BtrJ4

*squeaky voice* SHE'S GOING TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME!