PDA

View Full Version : Do Russians Have Ray Guns?

jvjim
29th February 08, 12:30 PM
J1w4g2vr7B4

60 Minutes is running a piece on this (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/v-mads.htm), which I think is a pretty cool, if not scary, weapon.

I don't know if I'd like civilian law enforcement getting their hands on this (from both a funding perspective and its possibility to be abused as a compliance device), but if it can save our soldiers and prevent collateral damage in combat zones, cool beans.

Riddeck
29th February 08, 12:38 PM
Microwave weapon, I believe. U.S. Military has had it for awhile, along with the audio (RADS, I think? Cannot remember offhand) weapons as well. Designed for 'war' but used to police our own people (see Republican Convention in NYC of 04).

However, I must point out I find strange that you are concerned about civilian law enforcement getting their hands on this, from the funding perspective (implying those doing the funding would have a say in how they are used) but you have no problem with the military having them?

jvjim
29th February 08, 01:13 PM
I don't have a problem with the military useing them where they have the authority to (ie. not domestically.) Anything that can prevent loss of American life or loss of innocent civilians I support. What happened at the Republican Convention was pretty bad, but I didn't know they used Mass Compliance devices.

SFGOON
29th February 08, 03:38 PM
Too bad he didn't hold up some sheet metal, or maybe something as robust as a sheet of plywood covered with aluminium foil.

WarPhalange
29th February 08, 10:18 PM
I guess Riddeck finally found a use for his tin foil hat.

Stick
29th February 08, 10:35 PM
And when the crossbow found its way onto the battlefield the Vatican decried it as a ruthless killing machien sent from Satan himself, surely only the devil could produce such evil.

I'd rather see one of these than a squad of riot cops with rubber bullets or bean bag shot guns.

Technology improves, get the fuck over it.

Steve
1st March 08, 12:19 AM
I'd rather see one of these than a squad of riot cops with rubber bullets or bean bag shot guns.

I'm sorry but this just reminded me of a scene in Red Dwarf when the news played a story of the cops deploying rubber nuclear weapons to break up a riot, LOL.

It was the "Better Than Life" episode, I think (fucking great episode).

Riddeck
1st March 08, 01:44 AM
I don't have a problem with the military useing them where they have the authority to (ie. not domestically.) Anything that can prevent loss of American life or loss of innocent civilians I support. What happened at the Republican Convention was pretty bad, but I didn't know they used Mass Compliance devices.

Yeah, it was quite the Convention. All in the name of terrorism!

Too bad he didn't hold up some sheet metal, or maybe something as robust as a sheet of plywood covered with aluminium foil.

I already had an idea for a defense to this, involving, effectively, a metal screen, much like the one on the front of your microwave oven's door. You know, to keep the waves inside. This thing I believe is at 190mhz, so in theory, a layer of clothing with a light metal mesh should be able to stop this microwave effect?

Thoughts?

I guess Riddeck finally found a use for his tin foil hat.

That was funny. It amazes me how someone intelligent, who is striving to be more intelligent (all the while trying to prove it here), would say such dumb shit statements, that not only reflect a child like attempt at an insult, but lean into the discovery of how ignorant you will keep yourself because you will clump anyone who argues any 'conspiracy' into a 'loony' type description.

"Darrrghhh, get yer tin foil hats!"

Riddeck
1st March 08, 01:45 AM
And when the crossbow found its way onto the battlefield the Vatican decried it as a ruthless killing machien sent from Satan himself, surely only the devil could produce such evil.

Technology improves, get the fuck over it.

Not even the point here?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:46 AM
Point: He doesn't think the human race is alien crotchspawn.

Stick
1st March 08, 03:18 AM
Not even the point here?

The point is, cry harder and be thankful you can still do that.

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS ETERNAL VIGILANCE!

No, seriously, we have had this discussion before; the development and implimentation of new non-lethal weapons is a sign of human progress- you can try to deny that all you want and just be wrong, go on, no one's stopping you...... yet.

Also, the tinfoil hat useage bit was actually pretty sharp.

As long as mobs have a reason to gather and shout about something there will be cops there to try and stop them from fucking with the silent majority that's hurrying its ass off the street or watching from their shop front windows saying "WTF mate?!" And the day there are no cops is the day lots and lots and lots of people die.

When I protest, I'd prefer to do it in the precinct that has the latest and greatest won't-leave-me-dead-deterrant rather than 2 feet of solid ash and oak in the hands of some angry mug who just had a rock thrown in his face by some idiot 5 or 6 rows behind me.

Aaranar
1st March 08, 04:11 AM
the development and implimentation of new non-lethal weapons is a sign of human progress

Interesting. Now, name me a weapon that can't kill.

ironlurker
1st March 08, 05:39 AM
Our rail gun will kick their ass. Trust me, it worked in Rifts.

Article:

‘Record’ rail gun test today

By Zachary M. Peterson - Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Jan 31, 2008 18:31:25 EST
The Navy plans a “record-breaking” test shot of its developmental electromagnetic railgun Thursday at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.
The gun fires a projectile with electricity, rather than gunpowder. A shell is launched at Mach 7 through the electromagnetic rails into the atmosphere for about one minute, flies out of the atmosphere for four minutes, and then descends to Earth toward its target at Mach 5 in approximately one minute. The projectile is guided using the Global Positioning System.
In November, defense contractor BAE Systems delivered a 32-megajoule laboratory gun and launcher to the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren. A joule is the work needed to produce one watt of energy for one second — a megajoule is 1 million joules. Eventually, the Navy wants to produce a 64-megajoule railgun that will be able to hit targets on land from over 200 nautical miles away.
The test firing Thursday will expend far less energy than the lab gun is designed to handle, but will exceed the eight megajoule output attained in a previous test.
“More than 75 [railgun] firings have occurred at the Dahlgren facility this year, but this firing event is the next step forward in the development of this technology as the gun will be fired at over 10 [megajoules] of energy — a power level never before achieved by an [railgun],” according to a statement by the Office of Naval Research.
The previous record of 9 megajoules is held by the Center for Electromagnetic Materials and Devices at the University of Texas, according to ONR. The Institute for Advanced Technology, also at the university, certifies electromagnetic railgun launches.
As the Navy gun is tested, the amount of energy the gun uses is being increased, Roger Ellis, the EM railgun deputy program manager for ONR, told Navy Times in August 2007.
The program wants to demonstrate more than 100 shots by fiscal 2011. The objective is to fire 3,000 rounds per gun barrel. The barrels should be changeable onboard ship, according to program officials.
Officials say an EM railgun onboard a ship could increase ship design options because the gun weighs less and requires less infrastructure than traditional guns that use gunpowder and magazines.
Traditional fire-protection and ammunition-handling requirements are not necessary using an electromagnetic-pulse power system, Ellis said.
The end result could be a more cost-effective and highly lethal weapon, program manager Elizabeth D’Andrea said at an industry conference in August, adding that the railgun program strives to provide “missile ranges at bullet prices.”
The Navy plans to have an EM railgun onboard a ship, potentially its next-generation cruiser CG(X), between 2020 and 2025.
The Marine Corps is particularly interested in the EM railgun because it could provide high-speed, over-the-horizon fire support from the sea.
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/01/navy_railgun_test_080129w/

ICY
1st March 08, 10:54 AM
I can't believe no one said it before this, but that retarded reporter is gonna die of cancer. Not today, not tommorow, but some day soon.

Cullion
1st March 08, 11:05 AM
I can't believe no one said it before this, but that retarded reporter is gonna die of cancer. Not today, not tommorow, but some day soon.

I doubt it. He wasn't exposed to an ionising radiation source.

Stick
1st March 08, 12:38 PM
Interesting. Now, name me a weapon that can't kill.

Name a kitchen utensil that can't kill.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 12:39 PM
straw

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:41 PM
Cake-icing bag.

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:41 PM
Egg-whisk.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 12:44 PM
coffee filter

WarPhalange
1st March 08, 12:48 PM

No. Microwaves aren't deadly in that way.

http://lot.astro.utoronto.ca/images/spectrum.png

Look at that spectrum. The ones to the left have lower energy than the ones on the right. Microwaves are less energetic than x-rays, UV rays, normal light, and even infrared light.

The reason they heat things is because they are able to excite specific molecules, in your regular microwave oven it's water molecules that get excited and then transfer their heat to all of the food.

Thats why it can go through your clothes, because the waves just don't see anything there and pass right through.

To get cancer, you need to be exposed to energetic radiation, like Cullion said, the kind that will bounce electrons off of atoms and ionize them. What happens is that it messes up your DNA and then you get weird growths out of it. Microwaves just don't have the energy to knock electrons from atoms.

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:53 PM
Plastic ice-cube tray

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 12:54 PM
apron and chef's hat

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:55 PM
I could suffocate you with an apron.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 12:56 PM
i could give you a nasty bruise with a plastic ice cube tray.

Cullion
1st March 08, 12:57 PM
Not the kind that's soft and flexible so it's easy to pop the cubes out.

Eric
1st March 08, 12:58 PM
I think I could kill someone with an egg whisk if I had to. If was one of the metal wire ones anyway.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 12:59 PM
I don't think egg-whisks are heavy or sturdy enough and just "egg whisk" doesn't imply that whole egg beating apparatus.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:00 PM
Not the kind that's soft and flexible so it's easy to pop the cubes out.

What if I bent the ends towards each other until it shatters, launching shards of plastic at you?

Stick
1st March 08, 01:00 PM
Straw =! kitchen utensil: it's not used to make anything.

Cake icing bags are the magazines for those little metal tools you use to apply the frosting which you can stab someone in the neck with; the weapon I'd say a frosting bag is most analagous to would be a magazine.

Egg wisk, mine hads a pretty sturdy metal handle, using the butt end I'm confident I could beat a man to death.

Coffee filter.... dude, that's like if I'd answered the original question with "trigger guard". Fail harder, please.

Plastic ice cube tray with or without the ice?

Apron and chef's hat, drop the hat, wind up the apron and I have a very sturdy garotte.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:03 PM
You don't even know what kitchen utensils look like, blindy.

Cullion
1st March 08, 01:04 PM
cube-tray without ice. The soft flexible kind.

Stick
1st March 08, 01:09 PM
That's a toughy, I'd have to break it to get jagged edges which kind of breaks the rules of the question. I suppose I could just hold it by the long end and just ram it repeatedly into someone's throat; if it doesn't break their wind pipe collapses, if it does well something's getting punctured and cut.

Also, bad form, MJS. Bad form.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:10 PM
This raygun doesn't have shit on the Funniest Joke In The World as deployed in WW2.
yff5Sp6bN6k

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:10 PM
That's okay, I'm pretty sure you couldn't read my post.

Stick
1st March 08, 01:20 PM
What was that? All I can make out is "I'm sure you cored my post" and that just doesn't make any sense, well except perhaps that it means I ripped out the beating heart of your words and fed them back to your post's bloody gaping maw of a mouth as it tried desperately to remain relevant and alive.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:20 PM
Well, he wasn't as bad as Franklin Pierce, I'll give you that.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:23 PM
What was that? All I can make out is "I'm sure you cored my post" and that just doesn't make any sense, well except perhaps that it means I ripped out the beating heart of your words and fed them back to your post's bloody gaping maw of a mouth as it tried desperately to remain relevant and alive.

Don't worry, starting now all my posts will be featured in large print for your convenience.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:27 PM
For my convenience, can his posts be featured on another site please? Or not at all?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:31 PM
Do braille too. Ooh. And mp3.

I'd say http://www.zshare.net/audio/83191814d7f8f2/ is a good stand-in for any of my posts.

Aaranar
1st March 08, 01:32 PM
Name a kitchen utensil that can't kill.

Name a kitchen utensil that's billed as non-letheal.

The point is, there is no such thing as a non-letheal weapon. The best that can be said it that it usually isn't letheal. How can there be progress toward an unobtainable goal?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:32 PM
For my convenience, can his posts be featured on another site please? Or not at all?

No, but I'll tell you what: from now on I'll start neg-repping your posts indiscriminately for my convenience.

Shawarma
1st March 08, 01:33 PM
How can you kill someone with pepper spray? Make them swallow the can?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 01:34 PM
They tear themselves emo.

Aaranar
1st March 08, 01:38 PM
How can you kill someone with pepper spray? Make them swallow the can?

Well, if they happen to be allergic to the pepper I'd say that right there would likely do them in. Otherwise, if they have a low threshold of pain, it could send them into pain induced shock, and death if not treated properly. Not to mention if I saturate your nasal passages, eyes and throat with the spray, you are probably going to choke to death on your own mucus.

Stick
1st March 08, 01:49 PM
Name a kitchen utensil that's billed as non-letheal.

The point is, there is no such thing as a non-letheal weapon. The best that can be said it that it usually isn't letheal. How can there be progress toward an unobtainable goal?

Thus the term "less lethal".

Accidents happen, kids die from unexpected heart failure while playing soccer; if some schmuck is allergic to pepper spray and drops from being maced well fuck.

It's dangerous business, and taking steps to making it less dangerous is a good thing.

And no, taking the cops' weapons away or doing away with cops all together is no kind of answer. So please get tthe fuck over the fact that there's a pain ray, god damn.

Riddeck
1st March 08, 03:14 PM
The point is, cry harder and be thankful you can still do that.

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS ETERNAL VIGILANCE!

No, seriously, we have had this discussion before; the development and implimentation of new non-lethal weapons is a sign of human progress- you can try to deny that all you want and just be wrong, go on, no one's stopping you...... yet.

Also, the tinfoil hat useage bit was actually pretty sharp.

As long as mobs have a reason to gather and shout about something there will be cops there to try and stop them from fucking with the silent majority that's hurrying its ass off the street or watching from their shop front windows saying "WTF mate?!" And the day there are no cops is the day lots and lots and lots of people die.

When I protest, I'd prefer to do it in the precinct that has the latest and greatest won't-leave-me-dead-deterrant rather than 2 feet of solid ash and oak in the hands of some angry mug who just had a rock thrown in his face by some idiot 5 or 6 rows behind me.

I will leave the "kitchen utensil' portion of this thread almost fully untouched, except for when I tell MJS that a coffee filter is not a utensil.

As for this statement. Non-lethal weapons as a sign of human progress. Let us just momentarily elaborate on this. Pre taser era, how many cops just shot people who were being belligerent? Or those who refused to listen? Here comes the taser, and now you hear day in and day out police using tasers for simple compliance. Easy enough. Human progression would be the elimination of wars and violence, to it's best ability, and the reckognition of the true enemies among us. This goes to the Benedict Arnold comment as well. Think about the turds running this show. The Military Industrial complex. The Bilderbergs. You name it. THEY are the Benedict Arnolds.

The notion of Russia owning the U.S. stems from the idea, at least with Russia, you know the tyranny you may come across. Here in the U.S., they are using similar techniques, but keeping the Constitution in place (eroding much of it along the way) so that you have the illusion that you are in the 'free' country of America, and before you know it, you are living in Nazi Germany (or worse!)

I am, in fact, for the idea of non lethal weapons. I would rather have non-lethal used in most situations. But when you have military grade weapons being used to police Americans (posse comitatus anyone?), and police are being trained like Military, what is really going on here? You can say 'just incase things get out of hand, we need to control the crowd', but giving that power allows for the silencing of people who are not there for causing trouble, but are there as part of a peaceful protest.

All that aside, eventually people will wake up to it, be so fucking enraged about what has been going on, that Armed rebellion will be the only option. I figure this should happen around the time they declare martial law because some "Terrorists" let off a dirty bomb in L.A. (hypothetical of course)

Riddeck
1st March 08, 03:15 PM
And no, taking the cops' weapons away or doing away with cops all together is no kind of answer. So please get tthe fuck over the fact that there's a pain ray, god damn.

Hiring responsible cops, and not feeding them propaganda to perpetuate the 'us vs. them' mentality most of them carry would be a fuckin start, eh?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 03:25 PM
I will leave the "kitchen utensil' portion of this thread almost fully untouched, except for when I tell MJS that a coffee filter is not a utensil.

utensil

Main Entry:
uten·sil Listen to the pronunciation of utensil
Pronunciation:
\yu̇-ˈten(t)-səl, ˈyü-ˌ\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, vessels for domestic use, from Middle French utensile, from Latin utensilia, from neuter plural of utensilis useful, from uti to use
Date:
14th century

1 : an implement, instrument, or vessel used in a household and especially a kitchen 2 : a useful tool or implement

yeah, what now bitch?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 03:26 PM
gonna go watch my viewing utensil, but gotta find my viewing-utensil-turning-on utensil

Riddeck
1st March 08, 03:30 PM
utensil

Main Entry:
uten·sil Listen to the pronunciation of utensil
Pronunciation:
\yu̇-ˈten(t)-səl, ˈyü-ˌ\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, vessels for domestic use, from Middle French utensile, from Latin utensilia, from neuter plural of utensilis useful, from uti to use
Date:
14th century

1 : an implement, instrument, or vessel used in a household and especially a kitchen 2 : a useful tool or implement

yeah, what now bitch?

I would have been happier with 'Coffee Machine', not just a filter specifically. I would not consider a filter a utensil. Though it might fit under the 'implement' portion of said definition.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st March 08, 03:31 PM
anyway the dictionary is just a conspiracy to control the english language

AAAhmed46
1st March 08, 11:57 PM
Russians are badass.

jvjim
2nd March 08, 12:04 AM
This thread has an awesome title. I fucking rule at titles.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 03:47 AM
The reporter said it felt like boiling water was on his chest.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just throw boiling water on his chest?

Shawarma
2nd March 08, 06:23 AM
What a uniformly stupid idea. Can YOU spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a hot-water spewer, huh? How're they supposed to justify the retarded amount of money they're assigned without silly projects like this! Ever think of that?

Cullion
2nd March 08, 06:29 AM
The reporter said it felt like boiling water was on his chest.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just throw boiling water on his chest?

Actually, no. It would take more energy to boil water and spray it at sufficient pressure to have that effect than it does to aim a simple microwave beam at him.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 10:53 AM
No, dummy. Heat water balloons over a campfire and use a slingshot.

Do I have to explain everything to you people?

Lu Tze
2nd March 08, 11:22 AM
Acid. Just use acid, you don't have to boil it and it's none lethal, so your conscience is clear.

Cullion
2nd March 08, 12:06 PM
No, dummy. Heat water balloons over a campfire and use a slingshot.

Do I have to explain everything to you people?

That's a slower more expensive process than plugging a microwave antenna into a portable generator or big-ass military-grade battery.

jvjim
2nd March 08, 02:09 PM
Less Lethal Love, there that's a fucking awesome title too!

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 02:46 PM
I already had an idea for a defense to this, involving, effectively, a metal screen, much like the one on the front of your microwave oven's door. You know, to keep the waves inside. This thing I believe is at 190mhz, so in theory, a layer of clothing with a light metal mesh should be able to stop this microwave effect?

Thoughts?

I think that weapon is gay and weak, especially considering it's price tag. And yes, metal clothes will mitigate the effects. Such an outfit would also aid with tazers.

THC is classified b the military as a chemical weapon. It's stable in the open air, removes the will to fight, stupefies people, and causes minimal drama. I honestly think that developing a delivery system for that compound would be immensely beneficial in quelling riots.

Chew on that one for a bit. Yes yes, SFGOON is a genius I know I know!

Cullion
2nd March 08, 02:51 PM
My brother in law is a prison officer. He tells me that the unofficial policy is to ignore weed-smoking in cells because it makes everybodys' jobs easier.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 02:52 PM
That's a slower more expensive process than plugging a microwave antenna into a portable generator or big-ass military-grade battery.

We've moved past your 4 million dollar boondoggle and are using acid and possibly even THC now.

Try to keep up.

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 02:57 PM
LSD is too unstable to distribute. It would decay in the open air too quickly to be effective despite the low doses required to be effective. It can also act as a psychotic trigger for some. THC is different. It's an effective sedative and is highly unlikely to have toxic effects. It's stable in the open air, cheap, easy to deploy, moral in the sense that it does very little harm - a perfect riot control agent.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 02:58 PM
Do you think the Russians may have WEEDGUN® technology???

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 03:00 PM
No, they have Novicohk agents, deadly scary lethal shit. Middle eastern and Latin American countries tend to have stockpiles of weaponized THC.

No, I'm not kidding.

jvjim
2nd March 08, 03:01 PM
A Requiem for MaryJane, YES!

nihilist
2nd March 08, 03:02 PM
The problem I foresee is a whole new class of rioters possibly calling themselves Unanimous, becoming unruly just for the high.

Cullion
2nd March 08, 03:03 PM
No, they have Novicohk agents, deadly scary lethal shit. Middle eastern and Latin American countries tend to have stockpiles of weaponized THC.

No, I'm not kidding.

Now I understand your WMD speciality. You're a sniffer and a peeper, aren't you?

How's the sniffing and peeping SFG? How's the sniffing and peeping?

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 03:03 PM
Then you break out the CS and they take a big fat whiff. Hur hur hur. MY favorite prank in the world involves switching or lacing narcotics with lachrymators.

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 03:04 PM
Now I understand your WMD speciality. You're a sniffer and a peeper, aren't you?

How's the sniffing and peeping SFG? How's the sniffing and peeping?

WTF are you on about?

God I love my Cullion Sunday mornings.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 03:24 PM
Cullion is just attempting levity again.

I find it's best to "humor" him.

SFGOON
2nd March 08, 03:47 PM
I know that. My problem is I don't get the joke.

nihilist
2nd March 08, 03:49 PM
You must go back in time and become British.

jvjim
2nd March 08, 03:54 PM
Wayback to Wales, awesome!

Lu Tze
2nd March 08, 03:56 PM
THC is different. It's an effective sedative and is highly unlikely to have toxic effects. It's stable in the open air, cheap, easy to deploy, moral in the sense that it does very little harm - a perfect riot control agent.Except that to develop this idea most western governments would have to admit that cannabis is safe, and the only reason it was ever criminalised (while other much more harmful drugs weren't) is because they suck huge amounts of corporate cock. Kinda shot themselves in the testicles on that one.

It's actually a bad idea anyway, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd turn up to every protest, whether I gave a fuck about the cause or not.

Edit: beaten like a special Olympics boxer, curse my stoner reflexes.

Riddeck
2nd March 08, 09:30 PM
Except that to develop this idea most western governments would have to admit that cannabis is safe, and the only reason it was ever criminalised (while other much more harmful drugs weren't) is because they suck huge amounts of corporate cock. Kinda shot themselves in the testicles on that one.

It's actually a bad idea anyway, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd turn up to every protest, whether I gave a fuck about the cause or not.

Edit: beaten like a special Olympics boxer, curse my stoner reflexes.

Part of this goes back to the early 20 and 30's when Hemp was used for jeans, sails, canvas, et cet. Also farmers using grains to make alcohol to power their machines. Some 30% of the farming equipment was ran off ethanol. The petro chem companies could not have this occurring, so the lobbying commenced.

The 'illegal drug' portion of it is pretty simple. The War on Drugs is a joke, and the U.S. Ships billions of dollars in drugs into the country every year. Marijuana is, in my opinion, illegal for many reasons, none of which, have any point.

Tanhalen21
4th March 08, 06:05 AM
Our rail gun will kick their ass. Trust me, it worked in Rifts.

Article:

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/01/navy_railgun_test_080129w/

Railguns are so sick.

Tanhalen21
4th March 08, 06:08 AM

No, I'm not kidding.

Does this remind anyone of anything?

Let me give you a hint:

http://www.foothilltech.org/rgeib/english/bnw/brave-new-world.jpg
Huxley called it. Again.

SFGOON
4th March 08, 01:05 PM
Let me clue you eggheads in to something.

I DON'T READ BOOKS!!!!

So unless you're willing to re-write the text of the book, or at least the gist of it in your post, DO NOT MAKE FUN OF ME WITH A BOOK! I WILL NOT GET IT!!

God!! Morans!!!

Tanhalen21
4th March 08, 01:14 PM
Ok so the book is a dystopian novel about a government who has successfully controlled the population through conditioning. No one is born anymore, people are made and they make dozens of identical twins at a time. Everyone has a pre-determined caste which they enforce by exposing the fetus to alcohol / depriving it of oxygen. Sex is encouraged, there is no religion (actually, they worship Henry Ford) and they stabilize the population through a hallucinogenic drug called "soma." Whenever someone is unhappy they take this drug.

At one point in the book there is a riot and the police have weaponized soma that is used to subdue the mass of people. That's why weaponized THC reminded me of it.

SFGOON
4th March 08, 01:23 PM
I still don't get it.

Actually, that sounds right up my alley. I may have to check it out.

Tanhalen21
4th March 08, 01:28 PM
I still don't get it.

Actually, that sounds right up my alley. I may have to check it out.

I'm surprised you've never heard of it, it's probably one of the best / most influential books ever written.

Riddeck
4th March 08, 02:03 PM
I'm surprised you've never heard of it, it's probably one of the best / most influential books ever written.

Do not forget 1984.

Plus I though SFGoon was smart, but not only does he not read books, he cannot spell moron.

It is cool, just taking pot shots like you did, sir.

nihilist
4th March 08, 02:40 PM
"Moran" was intended.

Stick
4th March 08, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it was a false flag typo.

Riddeck
4th March 08, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it was a false flag typo.

No way. SFGoon would never do something like that. There is no way he could get away with it, with this many witnesses.

He is clearly just incompetent.

Tanhalen21
4th March 08, 05:35 PM
Do not forget 1984.

Plus I though SFGoon was smart, but not only does he not read books, he cannot spell moron.

It is cool, just taking pot shots like you did, sir.

Yeah, I've been meaning to read 1984 for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it. I will one day though, one day.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 08, 06:45 PM
1984 the movie: true love can overcome hyperoppressive totalitarianism.
1984 the book: rats eating your face can overcome libido which can overcome hyperoppressive totalitarianism.

SFGOON
4th March 08, 06:57 PM
No way. SFGoon would never do something like that. There is no way he could get away with it, with this many witnesses.

He is clearly just incompetent.

Get a brain morans!
http://fizisist.web.cern.ch/fizisist/funny/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Shawarma
4th March 08, 07:30 PM
Read 1984. It takes all of five minutes to read. It's highly overrated though IMO. The essence of Orwell's writings can be found in his essays rather than his books, because he truly sucked ass as a writer of fiction.

Riddeck
4th March 08, 08:38 PM
Get a brain morans!

Glorious.

These are the type of people who say...nevermind.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 08, 09:09 PM
That 9/11 was an inside job.

nihilist
4th March 08, 09:51 PM
Riddeck STILL doesn't get it.

Zendetta
4th March 08, 09:56 PM
Get a brain morans!

Riddeck, that motherfucking redneck would believe every single crazy spiel you've ever heard about. You know I'm right.

:wtfgif9fr

nihilist
4th March 08, 10:02 PM
Win.

SFGOON
4th March 08, 10:22 PM
That's not a redneck. That's a counter-demonstrator across the street from legit protesters. But if he were real, he would.

WarPhalange
4th March 08, 10:23 PM
Glorious.

These are the type of people who say...nevermind.

What? That God is coming to clean the negro filth from The America someday soon?

That the Earth is flat?

Hey, by the way, do you believe that the Earth is hollow? I remember a thread about this here I think, but not the details of it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 08, 10:25 PM
how can it stay floating in space if it's not hollow dumbass

Riddeck
4th March 08, 10:26 PM
Riddeck, that motherfucking redneck would believe every single crazy spiel you've ever heard about. You know I'm right.

:wtfgif9fr

No, he would not.

He would come at me with more ferocity than you turds do (some of you).

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 08, 10:31 PM
I didn't know you were gay.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 08, 10:31 PM
i guess it makes sense your name is shelby and you have like butt length hair

Zendetta
4th March 08, 10:36 PM
No, he would not.

He would. I guarantee it. I thought you knew hicks?

Do you even know why I bust your nuts?

Riddeck
5th March 08, 05:22 AM
i guess it makes sense your name is shelby and you have like butt length hair

...and you are still some music virtuoso wannabe, who thinks he knows anything, but really knows shit.

Did I peg that properly?

He would. I guarantee it. I thought you knew hicks?

Do you even know why I bust your nuts?

I wish I had a clip of the guy at Bush's ranch saying "OF COURSE THERE WERE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!" even after they admitted there were not any.

But no, why do you bust my nuts?

Also Poop, what I believe is irrelevant. I know there are many underground tunnels and cavern systems, many used by the military (130+ underground bases and tunnels all connected throughout America).

I also know there were high ranking members (Admiral) of the U.S. Military that claim to have seen inner earth, been there, what not.

Commodore Pipes
5th March 08, 11:05 AM
It worked for the Viet Cong.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th March 08, 11:16 AM
...and you are still some music virtuoso wannabe, who thinks he knows anything, but really knows shit.

Did I peg that properly?

yeah, no

your bass is still inaudible

Tanhalen21
5th March 08, 01:34 PM
how can it stay floating in space if it's not hollow dumbass

It's funny because this argument is still 100 x more solid than any argument Riddeck has put forth.

Zendetta
5th March 08, 03:04 PM
But no, why do you bust my nuts?

So glad you asked. It is precisely because you constantly talk out of your ass about a couple of subjects that I care deeply about.

Namely:
- Alternative/complimentary health, a field with which I have been involved professionally for about the last decade.

and

- Shady Political Weaseling, aka "conspiracy theory" - the combination of entrenched social/economic/political interests ARE undermining democracy, freedom, liberty, puppies, etc. This has been an intereast of mine, literally, since you were in grade school.

Both of these areas of interest are A)very important, B) finding public opinion shifting, and C) rife with bullshit. So HOW we approach them really matters.

And the way YOU approach them turns intelligent people off and relegates these things to the realm of Kooks. You mind is so open that your brains have fallen out.

Antifa knows government bullshit. Poop Loops knows physics. I know alternative health. We all know enough about these respective fields to see the glaring holes in your info, your logic, your very paradigm.

Many of us have already investigated and outgrown the bullshit that you think is revelation. As such, we aren't patient with your "Listen Sheeple!" attitude. Remember when Ironlurker burned you with "I read a Pale Horse when you were playing Power Rangers"? Many of us feel that way about you.

Your hystrionics contribute to the marginalization of alternative theories about health, government, history, and so on.

You are not blowing our minds, you are wasting our time.

So, some free advice:
1) true wisdom begins with the realization that you don't know shit.
2) at your young and inexperienced age, you should strive to learn from those who know more than you.
3) you REALLY should not obsess over dick size on the internet. Makes you seem like Mr. PencilDick.

Riddeck
5th March 08, 05:11 PM
So glad you asked. It is precisely because you constantly talk out of your ass about a couple of subjects that I care deeply about.

Namely:
- Alternative/complimentary health, a field with which I have been involved professionally for about the last decade.

and

- Shady Political Weaseling, aka "conspiracy theory" - the combination of entrenched social/economic/political interests ARE undermining democracy, freedom, liberty, puppies, etc. This has been an intereast of mine, literally, since you were in grade school.

Both of these areas of interest are A)very important, B) finding public opinion shifting, and C) rife with bullshit. So HOW we approach them really matters.

And the way YOU approach them turns intelligent people off and relegates these things to the realm of Kooks. You mind is so open that your brains have fallen out.

Antifa knows government bullshit. Poop Loops knows physics. I know alternative health. We all know enough about these respective fields to see the glaring holes in your info, your logic, your very paradigm.

Many of us have already investigated and outgrown the bullshit that you think is revelation. As such, we aren't patient with your "Listen Sheeple!" attitude. Remember when Ironlurker burned you with "I read a Pale Horse when you were playing Power Rangers"? Many of us feel that way about you.

Your hystrionics contribute to the marginalization of alternative theories about health, government, history, and so on.

You are not blowing our minds, you are wasting our time.

So, some free advice:
1) true wisdom begins with the realization that you don't know shit.
2) at your young and inexperienced age, you should strive to learn from those who know more than you.
3) you REALLY should not obsess over dick size on the internet. Makes you seem like Mr. PencilDick.

Do you see what you just did there? You put yourself above any other person I could rely on for information about alternative health, physics, or Government. You have deemed yourselves the foremost authority on these subjects, and anyone that I could possibly read about, learn from, does not know shit.

How is my approach any different? If we agree that (for the sake of Government issues) that there is a small group of people running the show, where is the difference? Because I have seen the evidence of a police state forming? Because I do not watch mainstream media?

As for this alternative health thing you speak of, the ONLY thing I have really stated is that drugs, are NOT the key to good health, and only further damage the body, and that a properly nutritioned body will take care of itself, from most sickness and diseases (proper PH balance is of course fundamental in this). Not saying drugs are never to be used. But ingesting chemical concoctions on a daily basis, is whack.

Just like fluoride in the water. Did not know fluoride was linked to bone cancer? Of course you did, you are a professional, at the top of your game.

For physics...jeese. It is not even a point to go into it.

So, can you see where I come from? Not everyone is going to agree on the same things. That is the beauty of it all. You can claim I should listen to you, but if I come across someone who poses a better arguement, or a better science, should I dismiss them as a kook, or whack job?

Zendetta
5th March 08, 06:28 PM
One difference is that, from Cherokee Hair Tampons to Masonic Aliens, you will believe anything that even remotely jibes with all the other crazy shit you've heard of (but probably misunderstood).

Another difference is that you know in your bones that corporate media, or mainstream medicine "has an agenda", so anything from those quarters is dismissed outright.

And yet at the same time you naively look past the fact that the conspiracy theorist, or the new age medicine salesman who wants your time, attention, and money also has an agenda.

Yet another problem is that you simply have not spent enough years in those sub-cultures to realize just how full of shit many of those folks are.

Either a sense of judgement will kick in and you will see that, or (as already seems to be happening) you will become one.

In the meantime, realize this: you are hurting the same causes that you want to support.

Riddeck
5th March 08, 07:58 PM
Groan. Way to miss my point(s).

One difference is that, from Cherokee Hair Tampons to Masonic Aliens, you will believe anything that even remotely jibes with all the other crazy shit you've heard of (but probably misunderstood).

Another difference is that you know in your bones that corporate media, or mainstream medicine "has an agenda", so anything from those quarters is dismissed outright.

And yet at the same time you naively look past the fact that the conspiracy theorist, or the new age medicine salesman who wants your time, attention, and money also has an agenda.

Yet another problem is that you simply have not spent enough years in those sub-cultures to realize just how full of shit many of those folks are.

Either a sense of judgement will kick in and you will see that, or (as already seems to be happening) you will become one.

In the meantime, realize this: you are hurting the same causes that you want to support.

So, assumed everyone has an agenda, would the point then be, to figure out who's agenda is designed to benefit us, and not them, so much? The nature of the capitalist beast makes everything about money. We understand this. Even the good people (like my dentist, does great work, charges me VERY little, just so I do not have fucked up teeth, but he still has to eat) have to make money to survive this world. To be big in business you almost have to be cutthroat, lack compassion, or caring towards fellow man.

So, what is this new age medicine man trying to sell me? Last I heard, and last I checked, I am not taking any medicine from anyone. I work in a kitchen, which allows me to eat, at the very least fresh food, every day. There are no magical cures in my medicine cabinet. I have a daily vitamin that I take, a long with some fish oil, flax seed oil, and a few other little supplements.

I live in a home with three children, two other adults, who get sick more often than I have in a long time. I have lived here for almost 2 years and have seen my family sick more times than I have fingers. How many times have I been sick since I got here? 3 or so times? Once was a gall stone incident, and another involved too much black peppercorn. (it was tasty as fuck going down).

So where is this full of shit coming from?

I want to make a side note, about the "Government is out to get me" thing. I listen to Alex Jones, constantly say, that everything he talks about is documented. Public information.

Yet I come here and talk about it, and you people say it does not exist and Alex Jones is a nutjob.

How is this possible? How can I read about the North American Union, in the works, and come here and have you all say it does not exist. Same goes for FEMA camps, and the set up for Martial law.

Enlighten me, wise one.

Zendetta
5th March 08, 09:08 PM
Enlighten me, wise one.

Let me throw you a bone here: one of my oldest and best friends got me into this weird shit.

He believes that the NAU is likely, that FEMA has internment camps, and that Executive Orders (among other things) have laid a foundation for martial law.

Does he spend his days beating his dick on the keyboard? Fuck no. He got a PhD in Government and International Studies.

Now go and Ponder, Grasshopper.

Riddeck
5th March 08, 09:43 PM
Let me throw you a bone here: one of my oldest and best friends got me into this weird shit.

He believes that the NAU is likely, that FEMA has internment camps, and that Executive Orders (among other things) have laid a foundation for martial law.

Does he spend his days beating his dick on the keyboard? Fuck no. He got a PhD in Government and International Studies.

Now go and Ponder, Grasshopper.

Sounds like you should listen to your friend.

Zendetta
5th March 08, 10:01 PM
I do.

Now you should listen to me.

realize this: you are hurting the same causes that you want to support.

I'm done with you on this thread.

SFGOON
5th March 08, 11:14 PM
Now look at what you did Riddeck. You pissed of Zendetta. Won't you just go get your PhD? Then we'd all be happier.

Tanhalen21
6th March 08, 01:29 AM
The day I meet SFGOON is the day my life will be compleat.