PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE! No, no, no, no..... Highlander: The Source

Steve
22nd February 08, 12:40 AM
Dear God, no:

http://highlander-thesource.com/

imdb link (3.6/10 stars). (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299981/)

The world is falling into chaos. As he roams a crumbling city, Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander, remembers happier times before the love of his life left... Hopeless and alone, MacLeod finds his way to a band of immortal companions, including his mysterious friend Methos, and a mortal, Watcher Joe Dawson. Together this small group sets out on a quest to find the origin of the first Immortal and The Source of their immortality.

Adrian Paul must really be hurting for work... And yes, straight to DVD.

JohnnyCache
22nd February 08, 12:47 AM
Rad. I was wondering when someone would answer all those questions for me.

Steve
22nd February 08, 01:00 AM
LOL. The review on imdb is quite telling.

Teh El Macho
22nd February 08, 08:25 AM
I accidentally watched a few minutes of it in the Sci-Fi channel and I seriously felt my neurons, one by one, yelling in horror and pain before popping in agonizing death.

The movie is fucking stupid with no discernible plot and with the worst acting ever witnessed since "Home Improvement" came to the air to forever stain TV signals.

mrblackmagic
22nd February 08, 08:58 AM
What he said.

Commodore Pipes
22nd February 08, 10:10 AM
Huh. I was all set to make a joke about how immortals weren't supposed to age, but Adrian Paul doesn't look too haggard, at least in the trailer.

EvilSteve
22nd February 08, 10:39 AM
There Should Have Been Only One

Neildo
22nd February 08, 02:10 PM
methos was cool, and i ran into joe dawson at the safeway once. he's a badass jazz musician.

Steve
22nd February 08, 02:35 PM
There Should Have Been Only One

No truer words have ever been said. Oh, and lulz.

Riddeck
22nd February 08, 02:42 PM
methos was cool, and i ran into joe dawson at the safeway once. he's a badass jazz musician.

Methos is the man.

Plus Bull from Night Court (Slaan Quince) was around in the same episode Christopher Lambert was in.

*Paul*

"Duncan Macleod, of the Clan Macleod."

*Lambert*

Connor Macleod, same clan."

I hated End Game btw. Maybe it was made a few years earlier, and not just an attempt at reviving what is done, again, it may have been good (kind of a torch passing thing?)

Whatever.

Teh El Macho
22nd February 08, 02:55 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add that the scenes with the cannibals running amok reminded me of the infamous pommel horse scene from gymkata.

-gTkUcXGF_Q

Neildo
22nd February 08, 03:00 PM
awesome

bad credit
28th February 08, 07:05 AM
Hoo boy, the Source sucked. WTF was up with the baddie and then Duncan running around superspeed Flash style? It ruined the fights. You couldn't see them. Highlander has always been about awesomely choreographed sword fights. When Dunc runs around the villian full auto attacking, and the guy blocks and spins so much he drills himself into the ground, a little piece of my soul died. A piece the snuff films and japscat I've watched couldn't even scratch. Fucking Looney Tunes gags in the fights. Holy fuck.

And, oh fuck, the ending. If I ever see another fetus again I'm getting a coat hanger and committing back alley abortion.