PDA

View Full Version : Officer arrests Firefighter

Sirc
15th February 08, 02:34 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1203031330

02-14-2008 Hazelwood
A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay $18,000 dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Police dash cam video shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured driver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.

Tis the season for police officer douchebaggery.

Steve
15th February 08, 02:46 PM
The video says it all. Can't believe he arrested him just a minute or two after he arrived at the accident, fucking prick.

Sirc
15th February 08, 02:55 PM
While the firefighter was moving an injured civilian.

What is goign on these days?

Lu Tze
15th February 08, 03:14 PM
This reminds me of a case in Britain a few years ago where an ambulance driver was fined for speeding while responding to an emergency call, he lost his license.

It makes you think doesn't it? What kind of fucking jobsworth jerk arrests an emergency service worker in the line of duty?

Arthyron
15th February 08, 03:18 PM
Time and time again I wonder how those with half a brain somehow allow people without any to gain positions of authority...it makes no sense. How do these people get into these positions of authority?

Tanhalen21
15th February 08, 03:37 PM
Dude, seriously, dick cops are NOT having a good season. I mean, I'm sure there are the same amount of fucked up incidents each year, but this year SO many are being caught on tape. Good for technology.

jubei33
15th February 08, 07:51 PM
well good, maybe a few more videos and then it will shame them back into public service

Just Guess
16th February 08, 01:39 PM
Some people just don't seem to realize that just because you have authority doesn't mean you should exercise it at every possible oppurtunity. That just makes you a dick, and in this case an idiot too.

Letum
16th February 08, 02:24 PM
I think the problem here is who is given authority to be honest.

boondock lee
16th February 08, 03:52 PM
WHAT THE FUCK.....

Firefighters > cops

Tanhalen21
17th February 08, 12:20 AM
Firefighters > cops

QFT.

WarPhalange
17th February 08, 12:55 AM
To be fair, firefighters can't be assholes and abuse their authority at their jobs. What are they going to do? Bring marshmellows to a fire and roast them instead of putting it out? Go from house to house putting out BBQs on a Sunday afternoon?

They don't have the temptation to abuse their power, so you can't really compare them to cops.

jubei33
17th February 08, 01:36 AM
To be fair, firefighters can't be assholes and abuse their authority at their jobs. What are they going to do? Bring marshmellows to a fire and roast them instead of putting it out? Go from house to house putting out BBQs on a Sunday afternoon?

They don't have the temptation to abuse their power, so you can't really compare them to cops.

but that would be funny, a tough, street-hardened fire marshall who follows his own rules; doling out his own brand of ironic justice. McCarnahey!!!! LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!!

Sun Wukong
17th February 08, 10:22 AM
WOW. I'm floored by this cop's audacity. He arrested a fire chief... while he was trying to get a VICTIM onto an ambulance stretcher...

He actually thought he could do that? Just arrest a firefighter in the middle of providing emergency medical aid to an injured man for blocking a lane with an emergency vehicle.

I've seen people act stupid like this before, but no matter how many time I see it, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Cullion
17th February 08, 03:12 PM
I read that some American police forces screen applicants out based on having too high a score on IQ/reasoning tests on the grounds that such people would likely find much of the job too boring.

I'm not trolling.

Riddeck
17th February 08, 03:18 PM
I read that some American police forces screen applicants out based on having too high a score on IQ/reasoning tests on the grounds that such people would likely find much of the job too boring.

I'm not trolling.

Hahahah, I have heard the same thing, but did not want to say it in this thread because of how people react to such things. Alex Jones mentioned it the other day, in a rebroadcast of an older show. Cannot recall what police incident was discussed, but, yep.

But no, they are not building a force in preparation for martial law or anything.

WarPhalange
17th February 08, 03:42 PM

I'm not trolling.

I've heard of that too. I don't know if it's true or not, though.

Kein Haar
17th February 08, 03:53 PM
I've heard of that too. I don't know if it's true or not, though.

Me neither, but I'm gonna go ahead and repeat it anyway.

I've heard that some police forces screen out applicants based on scoring too high on their IQ/reasoning tests because they would find the job too boring.

Alex Jones said the same thing.

EuropIan
17th February 08, 04:03 PM
Me neither, but I'm gonna go ahead and repeat it anyway.

I've heard that some police forces screen out applicants based on scoring too high on their IQ/reasoning tests because they would find the job too boring.

Alex Jones said the same thing.

I would assume they would make them detectives, or something. That doesn't sound believable. However, given the video presented I do have some doubts now.

Kein Haar
18th February 08, 07:58 AM
Minimum standards from dept. to dept. run the gamut from high school grad to 4 degree to masters degree (for promotions).

The hiring tests are standardized. The list from which they hire will all be within a couple points of eachother in the 90% + range. The screening tests are not difficult, and they are not supposed to be. They certainly aren't cognitive reasoning tests.

Most modernized departments fear lawsuits stemming from nepotism, discrimination and the like, so they are generally quite detached and by-the-book.

Background checks are what gets people booted off the list.

On one hand, I'm glad people are so pissed at police conduct, since it shows standards of the general public are rising, which will (and has) only improved the professionalism of departments. Yes, it has gotten better, not worse. My father's era (60s, 70s) was jaw dropping in it's dysfunction.

On the other hand, SOME of the reasons some of the commenters here are so pissed are absoutely retarded and the vehemence with which they generalize shows the lack of honest inquiries they've made into the thing they seem to so despise. Do a bunch of ride-alongs. They're free. (Or do teh rept0ids only let you ride with a shill who only act5 prof3shinul cuz a sitizin is with th3m???)

If I can find the citrix server for my county from home here, I'd gladly copy and paste every incident for which I was the primary responding officer in 2007 in my medium-sized municipality.

EuropIan
18th February 08, 08:08 AM
I am positive that you would never do anything as silly as this Kein Hahhr. Which make me question what you are doing on the police force in the first place? ;p

Shouldn't you have been made a detective or something?

I'm not very anti-authoritarian. But it pisses me off when people in power do silly selfish things like this. I also believe you have enough anecdotal evidence of civillians being stupid and selfish to crush the 3-4 videos posted this week. actually I think watching a single episode of Cops would do the same.

jubei33
18th February 08, 08:42 PM
There are alot of people who hate authority period, at least when its not coming from them. An interesting perspective is this: our freedom comes from the authority of rules. Without some kind of authority, none of us are free. Or this: games are only fun as long as there are rules to play by.

I have an interesting article that I'll post tonight that I think a lot of you guys will really like. Its up your alley i think. (I dont have it at work)

Sirc
18th February 08, 10:51 PM
I see it happening in front of me on that video, but I still don't believe it.

Riddeck
19th February 08, 12:16 AM
I am positive that you would never do anything as silly as this Kein Hahhr. Which make me question what you are doing on the police force in the first place? ;p

Shouldn't you have been made a detective or something?

I'm not very anti-authoritarian. But it pisses me off when people in power do silly selfish things like this. I also believe you have enough anecdotal evidence of civillians being stupid and selfish to crush the 3-4 videos posted this week. actually I think watching a single episode of Cops would do the same.

ALSO, keep in mind, just because it is not caught on video and put on the internet, does not mean it is not happening. I was involved in an altercation with a cop, where he threatened to shoot my friend, as we were standing on the side of a road where an accident just took place. We were not interfering with anything, nor were we really involved (I knew the girl, and came to help her, she was fine). But I ended up getting tackled by this young cop (the way they are trained?) and my friend ran from him (he has warrants for a traffic violation). I of course exercised some fun civil disobedience cause the prick thought he had to tackle me, as if I was going to run (from a situation that did not involve me).

He actually told the girl involved told me that the cop said "Your friend is lucky I did not taze him".

He is lucky he did not taze me. I would have sued the police and then owned the cop.

Just saying.

jubei33
19th February 08, 01:12 AM
gosh bad luck must follow you everywhere. just sayin'

Riddeck
19th February 08, 01:14 AM
gosh bad luck must follow you everywhere. just sayin'

No. I tend to avoid situations even remotely like that. I know people who go out, and are involved in altercations all the time. I rarely am. I observe people when I go out. I rarely interfere.

This was just one of those instances, wrong place, wrong time kind of thing.

jubei33
19th February 08, 03:24 AM
This was just one of those instances, wrong place, wrong time kind of thing.

I don't know, sounds like a conspiracy to me. too many loose variables and coincidences.

Riddeck
19th February 08, 03:31 AM
I don't know, sounds like a conspiracy to me. too many loose variables and coincidences.

You really have to come better than that. My dead grandma can provoke better than you can. What are you, in the 4th grade?

All I am hearing is blah blah blah, I'm a dirty whore.

jubei33
19th February 08, 03:39 AM
blah blah blah, I'm a dirty whore.

Good news, I'm studying to be a pharmacist, we have drugs that clear up the clap.
i'm serious.. :)

bob
19th February 08, 03:54 AM
Good news, I'm studying to be a pharmacist, we have drugs that clear up the clap.

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/923/65015063.JPG

Take two spoonfuls in hot water and call me in the morning Riddeck.

Riddeck
19th February 08, 03:58 AM

Good thing you are putting your time to educate yourself into a good, healthy and honest profession like dealing drugs.

Good call!

jubei33
19th February 08, 04:34 AM
Good thing you are putting your time to educate yourself into a good, healthy and honest profession like dealing drugs.

Good call!

There's no need for hostility, after all there might be hope for your tertiary syphilis yet. Apparently even as late as you've let it go they can still treat it with a hefty dose of good old fashioned penicillin. Though, much to my disappointment (and yours), those hooker's eyes are still a thorn in the side of medical science not easily removed.

interestingly enough they used to use mercury not for anit-gravity, but for the treatment of syphilis. After all "a night in the arms of Venus leads to a lifetime on Mercury", am I right? It was generally ineffective as a treatment and the disease was thought incurable until drugs like salvarsan started hitting the market.

ICY
19th February 08, 04:59 AM
The less weed I smoke, the less sympathy I have for anti-police sentiments...my brain is betraying my convictions. Damnit.

Riddeck
19th February 08, 10:04 AM
There's no need for hostility, after all there might be hope for your tertiary syphilis yet. Apparently even as late as you've let it go they can still treat it with a hefty dose of good old fashioned penicillin. Though, much to my disappointment (and yours), those hooker's eyes are still a thorn in the side of medical science not easily removed.

interestingly enough they used to use mercury not for anit-gravity, but for the treatment of syphilis. After all "a night in the arms of Venus leads to a lifetime on Mercury", am I right? It was generally ineffective as a treatment and the disease was thought incurable until drugs like salvarsan started hitting the market.

I DO like that, "a night in the arms of Venus leads to a lifetime on Mercury", but outside of that, you are wasting your breath. *figuratively speaking*.

And sans the penicillin. I am sure we all have enough Candida growing in our bowels.

Kein Haar
19th February 08, 10:55 AM
Riddeck,

Wtf? Cops aren't supposed to tackle random people either!

That's a battery, and possible a violation of your 4th amendment rights.

*I* would be suing if a cop if he did that to me. I'd sue for less, actually.

Riddeck, let me explain something. Just because someone percieves himself as powerless; that doesn't make some other person or entity neccesarily powerFUL.

I know people rip on your job as a line-cook or whatever, and that's inappropriate. But the totality of your circumstances, and all the assumptions you tend towards, lead one to believe it's not so much them being tyrannosaurus rex, as you being a nervous little proto-mammal. I'm talking about attitude and personality (not accomplishments or money here) and how that shapes perception.

After getting randomly tackled (battered) and possibly assaulted with a tazer, you take the attitude of: "Well, if they REALLY screwed with me, I'd sue their asses off."

Translation: "I'm not gonna win anyway...it's just a big conspiracy. All cops stick together, blah blah blah."

Here's a helpful hint. Making a complaint and initiating an internal investigation is one thing.

Suing in civil court is another. A judge or jury is not a fellow cop.

"But 'the man' as a whole sticks together and makes sure dissonance is squelched"....amirite?

You've BEEN violated, there ARE means to collect damages, and you still don't.

And we're to believe you're going to open-fire when the man comes to take your guns?

THAT would be the last straw, amirit?

Ok.

ICY
19th February 08, 10:59 AM

Riddeck
19th February 08, 12:14 PM
Riddeck,

Wtf? Cops aren't supposed to tackle random people either!

That's a battery, and possible a violation of your 4th amendment rights.

*I* would be suing if a cop if he did that to me. I'd sue for less, actually.

Riddeck, let me explain something. Just because someone percieves himself as powerless; that doesn't make some other person or entity neccesarily powerFUL.

I know people rip on your job as a line-cook or whatever, and that's inappropriate. But the totality of your circumstances, and all the assumptions you tend towards, lead one to believe it's not so much them being tyrannosaurus rex, as you being a nervous little proto-mammal. I'm talking about attitude and personality (not accomplishments or money here) and how that shapes perception.

After getting randomly tackled (battered) and possibly assaulted with a tazer, you take the attitude of: "Well, if they REALLY screwed with me, I'd sue their asses off."

Translation: "I'm not gonna win anyway...it's just a big conspiracy. All cops stick together, blah blah blah."

Here's a helpful hint. Making a complaint and initiating an internal investigation is one thing.

Suing in civil court is another. A judge or jury is not a fellow cop.

"But 'the man' as a whole sticks together and makes sure dissonance is squelched"....amirite?

You've BEEN violated, there ARE means to collect damages, and you still don't.

And we're to believe you're going to open-fire when the man comes to take your guns?

THAT would be the last straw, amirit?

Ok.

You are absolutely right, in the notion that I should have done something, when said event happened. I got my dues by pissing him off (I said nothing to him outside of "I respectfully decline to answer that question", a whole lot of times. He got angry, I got a laugh. He did assault me, and put me in a cop car (even though I was not under arrest), and I should have made a fuss, but it was 3 am in the morning, and I did not. There is not a 'damned the man, I could not have won' attitude involved (I go to formal hearings for traffic tickets, because the radar law in Michigan is 'fairly' easy to beat in a court of law. Just have to be on your game when you are there).

I did actually consider legal recourse, the day after, cause I did have some bruising, and my neck was a little sore.

On the note of the cops stick together, an older gentleman ended up coming and talking to me, and apologizing for the young cop, with a remark that sounded like he did not enjoy the new breed of police entering the force. He of course let me out of the car, and life went on.

So in a sense you are right, but in the notion of proto-mammal comparison, you are wrong.

Next time, I guess?

Note, the only reason I did not take too much to heart is because my friend decided to run. He had warrants and probably would have ended up in jail. Being tackled was small potatoes for him being able to 'escape', as it would be. He should not have been there in the first place, but, that is not an issue, at this point.

But you are correct, I should have sought legal recourse for this tools actions, maybe made an example out of him.

/shrug.

Riddeck
19th February 08, 12:49 PM
More bad cop.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/021908_thug_cop.htm

Kein Haar
19th February 08, 12:56 PM
More you.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000943.htm

Riddeck
19th February 08, 12:59 PM
More you.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000943.htm

Minus the anger part, sure.

jubei33
19th February 08, 04:41 PM
I DO like that, "a night in the arms of Venus leads to a lifetime on Mercury", but outside of that, you are wasting your breath. *figuratively speaking*.

And sans the penicillin. I am sure we all have enough Candida growing in our bowels.

no, its not candida Treponema pallidum spirochete. you have to get that shit taken care of before it gets worse dude!! hurry

Riddeck
19th February 08, 06:55 PM
no, its not candida Treponema pallidum spirochete. you have to get that shit taken care of before it gets worse dude!! hurry

Oi shitoi!

Ehhh...got a garden hose I can borrow?

Sun Wukong
19th February 08, 11:48 PM

Fuck. Now I miss dick cops who will arrest people shit. Not that I don't have a really good fucking reason for it. After tonight, I was wishing for a dick cop. God damn it. You know what hurts more than swallowing your pride? Letting someone else think they got the best of you when the fucking POLICE DON'T DO THEIR GOD DAMN JOB!!!!!

FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [email protected]@[email protected][email protected]@@@[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]!

Oh the irony.

Riddeck
20th February 08, 12:02 PM

Fuck. Now I miss dick cops who will arrest people shit. Not that I don't have a really good fucking reason for it. After tonight, I was wishing for a dick cop. God damn it. You know what hurts more than swallowing your pride? Letting someone else think they got the best of you when the fucking POLICE DON'T DO THEIR GOD DAMN JOB!!!!!

FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [email protected]@[email protected][email protected]@@@[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]!

Oh the irony.

Yeah, lemme hear this story. Who the hell did you try to get arrested?

And why did you not present it in a Fight Club type manner instead of a body shot?

"I want you to hit me, as hard as you can"

Dagon Akujin
21st February 08, 12:04 AM
Riddeck, what city did that happen in? I used to be involved in tons of shit with the Royal Oak police. Those guys are fucking douchebags and I could go all day telling stories about them abusing their "power".

I filed some reports and the cops at the station once told me it was stupid of me because nobody was going to read it or care what I had to say.

Riddeck
21st February 08, 03:15 AM
Riddeck, what city did that happen in? I used to be involved in tons of shit with the Royal Oak police. Those guys are fucking douchebags and I could go all day telling stories about them abusing their "power".

I filed some reports and the cops at the station once told me it was stupid of me because nobody was going to read it or care what I had to say.

St. Clair shores.

Those boys are looking for some trouble. Seriously.

I DO want to note that Wednesday nights I usually hang out at a 24 hour diner in the Shores, and there is this 24yr old female cop that comes in, usually around 5 am (not every week), but lemme tell you, Vaaah Vooooom!

But I am not sure what we would have in common, outside of sex and guns.

/shrug

She might like metal.