PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of the band, Can?

Tanhalen21
28th January 08, 11:11 PM
I heard of them a long time ago and really loved them, and I just found all my Can stuff. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them because a while ago I went searching everywhere for Can albums and could never find anything... I think they weren't even popular in the 60s and 70s, so that pretty makes them obsolete today. But for anyone who likes psychedelic rock, I would DEFINITELY suggest them. In fact, I came across their name when I used to visit a Pink Floyd forum a few years ago.

This is some of the very little of Can that there is on youtube, or anywhere that I'm aware of.

x76CeJBbJs8

Mc7Ua3W9GkM&feature=related

rCLXVh9zirA&feature=related

WarPhalange
28th January 08, 11:27 PM
Cue MJS telling you your music sucks and then posting force feeding you some jazz.

Tanhalen21
28th January 08, 11:32 PM
No force, needed, I love Jazz. (As long as you're not using "jazz" as a euphemism for semen)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th January 08, 11:33 PM
maybe later

jubei33
28th January 08, 11:46 PM
nah can is good, not often spoken of, though.
did alot of stuff before they found their niches

Tanhalen21
28th January 08, 11:55 PM
Yeah and now the lead singer basically travels around the world doing one night gigs with everyone from tiny local bands to bands like the Mars Volta.

Sun Wukong
29th January 08, 12:04 AM
maybe later

Foiled again.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th January 08, 12:43 AM
i've heard better pschy fo sho but at least it isn't osiris' pink fucking floyd thread.

jubei33
29th January 08, 01:43 AM
i've heard better pschy fo sho but at least it isn't osiris' pink fucking floyd thread.

I agree, that can be argued, but also think of the time frame. they were doing alot of really cool stuff before that music had a following.

also when are you going to post some more music?
I liked Old and in the way that you posted a while back. thanks.

Tanhalen21
29th January 08, 02:07 AM
Dude, what's wrong with Floyd?

Steve
29th January 08, 02:23 AM
Nothing.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th January 08, 02:32 AM
Dude, what's wrong with Floyd?

Uh, they suck? They're not particularly good at anything they do and come on, The Wall was pretty stupid.

Riddeck
29th January 08, 02:34 AM
Uh, they suck? They're not particularly good at anything they do and come on, The Wall was pretty stupid.

Seriously? Ever listen to David Gilmour play? Ever read Waters' lyrics?

Again, from the other thread...

You are not doing shit. You are not shit.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th January 08, 02:38 AM
Seriously? Ever listen to David Gilmour play? Ever read Waters' lyrics?

Again, from the other thread...

You are not doing shit. You are not shit.

Let me tell you about Pink Floyd. A while back, on the cusp of adulthood and ready to feel ways about things, I downloaded some Pink Floyd, because I had heard from friends and elders that they were the shit. I was firmly convinced that they were going to be pretty awesome, because everyone who had ever heard them said they were.

Turns out they're a bunch of pretentious wankers, and people who like them generally have pretty bad taste overall. For example, you think David Gilmour is a smart musician and that Waters' is an intelligent lyricist, but you also play in a cliche little faggot band. I mean, I think you play but I can't really hear you doing anything.

Riddeck
29th January 08, 02:45 AM
Let me tell you about Pink Floyd. A while back, on the cusp of adulthood and ready to feel ways about things, I downloaded some Pink Floyd, because I had heard from friends and elders that they were the shit. I was firmly convinced that they were going to be pretty awesome, because everyone who had ever heard them said they were.

Turns out they're a bunch of pretentious wankers, and people who like them generally have pretty bad taste overall. For example, you think David Gilmour is a smart musician and that Waters' is an intelligent lyricist, but you also play in a cliche little faggot band. I mean, I think you play but I can't really hear you doing anything.

That is because they are.

On what basis do you figure them to be 'pretentious wankers'? David Gilmour is a great musician, and Roger Waters is brilliant.

And moreso, on what basis can you claim my band to be a 'cliche little faggot band', when again, you ain't doing shit but talking.

AND, being as that we only have a preview of the album (in which you can hear the bass, just fine (in encourage all to go check it out) even though it is mixed, but not mastered.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th January 08, 02:56 AM
On what basis do you figure them to be 'pretentious wankers'? David Gilmour is a great musician, and Roger Waters is brilliant.

Their lyrics read like Deviantart poetry and all Gilmour does is close his eyes and hit random notes, praying to his trendy Indian love goddess for inspiration has he drudges hamfistedly over avoid tones as his fans, unfamiliar with greater forms of music slurp his seedless ejaculate off the floor as they journey to the center of their minds.

And moreso, on what basis can you claim my band to be a 'cliche little faggot band', when again, you ain't doing shit but talking.

Please, your band plays the same dreck as every other shit highschool band that never moved on to higher musical ideas. Not quite metal, not quite grunge, you stumble through a world of bland, overcompressed guitar tones and unimaginative rhythms pandering to the same retards as thousands of other bands hoping one day to open for Slayer when they come through your pisshole town.

Riddeck
29th January 08, 03:05 AM
Please, your band plays the same dreck as every other shit highschool band that never moved on to higher musical ideas. Not quite metal, not quite grunge, you stumble through a world of bland, overcompressed guitar tones and unimaginative rhythms pandering to the same retards as thousands of other bands hoping one day to open for Slayer when they come through your pisshole town.

Sure. You have heard all but 7 or 8 seconds of 8 or 9 songs. Not really enough judge in that manner, no matter how bright you believe yourself to be (you have been playing for what, a year?)

You do not know what you are talking about.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th January 08, 03:10 AM
yeah, not like i ever saw your youtube videos or previous posting on your myspace

nihilist
29th January 08, 03:14 AM
Personally I think Genki makes a better fighter than singer.

Tanhalen21
29th January 08, 08:31 AM
And I bet you think that Jimi Hendrix just flails around on the guitar too?

EuropIan
29th January 08, 08:58 AM
Good drums.

I've caught myself myself singing 'Vitamin C' many times before.

hey you! you're losing, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing you vitamin C!!!!

nihilist
29th January 08, 02:51 PM
Jimi dead.