PDA

View Full Version : What should I download?

Neildo
18th January 08, 07:04 AM
I can't think of anything.

Cullion
18th January 08, 07:09 AM
instructions for building cost-effective home hydroponics.

EuropIan
18th January 08, 07:51 AM
Have you seen Mind Game?

Get high and watch that

P.S. trailer doesn't explain anything

XU4EfF85u60

Enjoy

Neildo
18th January 08, 07:52 AM
good suggestion Cullion, if i didn't already have all the....uh...

nevermind.

so you used to be a big-time stoner, eh? i never would have guessed that. one day, i will be in the UK and we will blaze, even if you don't smoke anymore. i'll kidnap you from the wife and tie you to a chair in an abandoned warehouse and hotbox that motherfucker just for the hell of it. then well go have a pint and it'll be all good.

Cullion
18th January 08, 08:01 AM
good suggestion Cullion, if i didn't already have all the....uh...

nevermind.

so you used to be a big-time stoner, eh? i never would have guessed that. one day, i will be in the UK and we will blaze, even if you don't smoke anymore. i'll kidnap you from the wife and tie you to a chair in an abandoned warehouse and hotbox that motherfucker just for the hell of it. then well go have a pint and it'll be all good.

I take a toke or two maybe once or twice a year if it's passed around. My poisons of choice are mostly tobacco, spicy food and alcohol these days but I haven't completely sworn off the stuff. Don't see a need to, it was never really addictive for me in the way cigarettes and some other stuff was, I just don't do it much any more now I'm a dad with a white collar job.

mrblackmagic
18th January 08, 10:18 AM
I would download the movie Brick by Rian Johson. It's an interesting take on the detective genre.

EuropIan
18th January 08, 10:35 AM
Brick is ok. Very film noir with high school kids.

Neildo
18th January 08, 02:44 PM
So, Brick and Mind Game. Thanks guys.

EuropIan
18th January 08, 04:01 PM
Post what you think of them afterwards.

kthxbai

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th January 08, 04:19 PM
a funny thing happened on the way to the forum

ironlurker
18th January 08, 05:29 PM
Smitfraud-C

EuropIan
18th January 08, 05:46 PM
Smitfraud-C
Spammer ban plx

Zendetta
18th January 08, 08:20 PM
I take a toke or two maybe once or twice a year if it's passed around.

FYI - Chen Style Tai ji is a very very very fun thing to do while blazed. You WILL feel the chi, or whatever...

mrblackmagic
23rd January 08, 10:55 AM
FYI - Chen Style Tai ji is a very very very fun thing to do while blazed. You WILL feel the chi, or whatever...

j0B7bzP-Gog

Reary?

Olorin
23rd January 08, 07:43 PM

Great movie and the last appearance of Buster Keaton.

Let me think what Neildo needs to download...

I watched No Country for Old Men last night and it was great. The whole run of Arrested Development, Atonement (chick flick with a good twist ending), Rise of the Footsoldier, Eastern Promises...

All of these are well seeded and download quick.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd January 08, 08:13 PM
T-hZhr2k2hk

Neildo
23rd January 08, 08:32 PM
Thanks Olorin.

Already got old Country, still gotta watch it though. Not a fan of arrested development, though i now have every episode of heroes (watching the first 3 again was fun). Rise of the Footsoldier could be interesting, i like british crime dramas. Eastern Promises....ahem....yeah that'll be done in an hour hehehe. I'm gonna watch most of these in the morning.

i don't know what it is, but i can't watch musicals. I can't. Doesn't matter what the content is. The Reefer madness musical even. can't do it. i bet a musical with fighting robots and naked chicks with machine guns jumping dirtbikes over canyons through fucking rings of fire couldn't make me sit though singing and fucking dancing. i don't know what it is. sorry mjs.

Olorin
23rd January 08, 11:25 PM
PS Gone Baby Gone is really good too...

Neildo
16th November 09, 05:14 AM
bump.

i'm mostly looking for an FPS that is older so my computer that is decent but not great will run it. an idea of what is decent but not great: it runs call of duty 4 and farcry 2 at lowest settings, and still lags when the action heats up.

right now, i'm getting torchlight (should run no problem despite being brand new) and stalker - shadow of chernobyl. both of which were reviewed by shawarma, so they are probably pretty rad. tried to steal a copy of restrcted area too, but no dice.

Spade: The Real Snake
16th November 09, 11:28 AM
bump.

i'm mostly looking for an FPS that is older so my computer that is decent but not great will run it. an idea of what is decent but not great: it runs call of duty 4 and farcry 2 at lowest settings, and still lags when the action heats up.

right now, i'm getting torchlight (should run no problem despite being brand new) and stalker - shadow of chernobyl. both of which were reviewed by shawarma, so they are probably pretty rad. tried to steal a copy of restrcted area too, but no dice.

I still dig playing Star Wars Battlefront.

Also, see if you can find Star Wars Dark Forces if you want to go old old school

Neildo
16th November 09, 04:28 PM
i have em all :p

played the shit out of the original dark forces, man that game is awesome.

16th November 09, 04:33 PM
XIII?

Area 51?

YOU WANT DAVID DUCHOVNY VOICED GAMES!

Neildo
16th November 09, 04:42 PM
played xiii on gamecube

isnt area 51 an arcade light gun shooter?

16th November 09, 04:46 PM
No, it is a loose remake game with David Duchovny and Marilyn Manson as the voices. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51_%282005_video_game%29)

Mr. Mantis
16th November 09, 08:59 PM
I got Doom 2. How much you think that is worth on the open market.

Neildo: Have you watched the South Park Movie? Or Cannibal the Musical?

How about Fiddler on the Roof?

partyboy
16th November 09, 09:36 PM
get high and watch primer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(film)

Tom Kagan
16th November 09, 11:54 PM
If you don't know what to download, the choice should be obvious: nothing.

danno
17th November 09, 01:31 AM
get the penumbra series.

get it.

edit - and buy it off steam. very cheap and you're supporting the developers.

Neildo
17th November 09, 03:38 AM
If you don't know what to download, the choice should be obvious: nothing.

but....i love downloading stuff :(

i actually do get a little happy feeling inside when a downloaded game that i've just cracked starts up for the first time. yay!

socratic
17th November 09, 05:01 AM
No, it is a loose remake game with David Duchovny and Marilyn Manson as the voices. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51_%282005_video_game%29)That game was super-generic gameplay wise but very clever story wise. It was pretty cool how they referenced like every conspiracy ever.

Neildo
17th November 09, 05:35 AM
fuck i passed up on that like a million times in the store, i thought it was a light gun game. should have bought it.

i'll download it instead.

socratic
17th November 09, 03:50 PM
99% of the gameplay is running between rooms going BANG BANG BANG BANG with big gunz. It's pretty fun though.

EuropIan
17th November 09, 10:31 PM
What about Serious Sam?

srsly!

socratic
18th November 09, 01:10 AM
Serious Sam was an epic pisstake. I don't know any other game where your objective is to traverse a hedge maze filled with suicide psycho clowns on unicycles with bombs, to collect Elvis records.

Neildo
14th October 10, 09:26 PM
im downloading all the fast and furious movies because of you people's total lack of input.

lets keep this thread going people c'mon

AAAAAA
14th October 10, 11:04 PM
You haven't given feedback so people can't know what you'd like.

Neildo
15th October 10, 01:31 AM
i've actually downloaded everything recommended so far. recommend it, i'll download it.

AAAAAA
15th October 10, 02:04 AM
i've actually downloaded everything recommended so far. recommend it, i'll download it.

Okay, go Japan:

Tetsuo (Tsukamoto)
Ran (Kurosawa)

and, go Europe:
Underground (Kusturica)
Amarcord (Fellini)

partyboy
15th October 10, 03:28 AM
FROZEN

OZZ
15th October 10, 09:37 AM
My brother recently downloaded the following movies for us :

Predators
The Expendables
Iron Man 2
Jonah Hex
Wall Street (1987)
King Kong (1933 B&W)
Taken

Maybe there are some on that list you might like??

Neildo
15th October 10, 10:34 AM
Okay, go Japan:

Tetsuo (Tsukamoto)
Ran (Kurosawa)

and, go Europe:
Underground (Kusturica)
Amarcord (Fellini)

w00t

My brother recently downloaded the following movies for us :

Predators
The Expendables
Iron Man 2
Jonah Hex
Wall Street (1987)
King Kong (1933 B&W)
Taken

Maybe there are some on that list you might like??

i should get Iron Man 2 and Jonah Hex, havent seen those yet. Taken is one of my favorite movies of all time, LIam Neeson is so fucking hardcore.

Ajamil
15th October 10, 11:27 AM
Has Liam Neeson played a cyborg/robot in a film? He's played just about every badass role there is. CIA, ninja, knight, God, jedi...

OZZ
16th October 10, 06:35 AM
w00t

i should get Iron Man 2 and Jonah Hex, havent seen those yet. Taken is one of my favorite movies of all time, LIam Neeson is so fucking hardcore.

Jonah Hex sucks, I saw it in the theatre..he only dowloaded it for me because he knows its one of my favorite comics.
I was really disappointed by it..

WarPhalange
16th October 10, 10:13 AM
You should download a penis and put it in your mouth.

Ajamil
16th October 10, 11:42 AM
Careful though - downloaded penises are likely to have viruses.

Neildo
16th October 10, 11:29 PM
Iron Man 2, frozen, tetsuo, and Ran incoming. Read the synopsis for Amarcord and Underground and while i agree they are probably fantastic movies for fans of the genre, i am not one of them unfortunately.

Also picked up copies of Area 51 (havent installed it yet) and Primer.

Neildo
17th October 10, 01:55 AM
i don't download penis, i upload penis. to your mom and/or applicable sister (must be legal age, no fatties)

SkullKing
17th October 10, 09:01 AM
if you like oriental movies try to find as many akira kurosawawa ones as possible(I personaly like Dersou Uzala)
if you like seven samurais and western, download "the magnificent sevem"

an interesting fps game download is shogo, but only if you LIKE mazes.

one of my favorite old games is rune. very well made for the time. very creative. and tons of fan-made addons

you like martial arts movies?

are you interested in comics and books too, or just games and movies?

Dark Helmet
17th October 10, 09:54 AM
Have you watched Sons of Anarchy? It's about a North California motorcycle club. It's not too factual but pretty good show that revolves around revenge.

Also, there's a British sitcom called the Inbetweeners. I keep hearing about .I'm not sure what that is.

Neildo
17th October 10, 12:02 PM
i'm running out of hard drive space lol

love kurosawa films. favorite is yojimbo. there are few martial arts movies i havent seen.

not big on e-books, mostly because i don't have a good e-book reader. i have tons of comics. waiting for new walking dead.

there are several good tv series that i'd like to start watching, but i need more hard drive space first. not that the recommendations should stop coming in or anything.

Ajamil
17th October 10, 12:08 PM
audiobooks are nice as well.

billy sol hurok
17th October 10, 12:24 PM
Librivox (http://librivox.org/) is chock full o public domain works, read by volunteers. Skill levels vary, as one might expect.

Just re-consumed "Candide" a while back. The reading was mannered enough to be distracting. But not fatal: the book whips right along and the plotline is even cartoonier than I'd remembered.

The guy who reads a lot of the Twain is pretty decent, thank heavens.

SkullKing
17th October 10, 01:46 PM
ever see undisputed 1 and 2?
nothing extraordinary about the story, but a favorite of mine coreography wise, especially 2. and I like the characther of Uri Boika(rival in 2 and "hero' in 3

as for comic books, I really recomende the hellraiser series and pretty much anything by neil gaiman.

What kind of comics do you like? I donīt read comics, but like action/serious comics.

Robot Jesus
17th October 10, 02:34 PM
anything with Wendy Fiore.

Neildo
17th October 10, 05:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__IZX2tkVWKs/TGQ_Uwz5Z1I/AAAAAAAAE9E/Q-ve5AtgNkQ/s1600/WendyFiore4.jpg

:0

Neildo
17th October 10, 05:22 PM
this undisputed? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281322/ ? didn't know there was a sequel. i have the first one on dvd.

Ajamil
17th October 10, 10:19 PM
Number 3 was funny! Can't wait for the 4th.

SoulMechanic
17th October 10, 11:14 PM
Also, there's a British sitcom called the Inbetweeners. I keep hearing about .I'm not sure what that is.

Dude, this is one of my favorite shows. Ive seen almost every episode. I highly recommend it.

Also, download "Ariel X and Nina Hartley." Your penis will thank you.

Tonuzaba
18th October 10, 01:46 AM
I had a good laugh watching Zombieland.

Neildo
18th October 10, 07:39 AM
zombieland's worth paying for. i didn't, but it's worth it.

18th October 10, 08:09 AM
Undisputed 3 has Lateef Crowder, the capo dude from Tony Jaa's the Protector and the dude that plays Baraka in the Mortal Kombat internet trailer.

OZZ
18th October 10, 09:44 AM
zombieland's worth paying for. i didn't, but it's worth it.

I liked it too..I didn't think I would enjoy it much, but I did. It was funny.

Neildo
22nd October 10, 05:18 PM
moarmoarmoar c'mon u guys i freed up some hard drive space

BackFistMonkey
22nd October 10, 05:46 PM
Vampires Suck was pretty decent ... for a retarded spoof movie.

Ergo Proxy was a fun series as was Shigurui: Death Frenzy.

Speaking of anime, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2:innocence are worth watching. I haven't seen the third one Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society yet.

* shrugs *

I was hoping to get some ideas from this thread myself ...

Neildo
22nd October 10, 06:42 PM
got GITS 1, 2 and the anime series. i'm all gits'd out

currently downloading:
Call of Duty 2
inbetweeners season 1 & 2
Dogs of War (1980)
Zombie Transfusion
The Thing (1982)
Attack the Gas Station
Zombie Shooter 2
The Zombie Diaries

who, me? zombie fixation? nah.....

Neildo
23rd October 10, 11:15 PM
got GITS 1, 2 and the anime series. i'm all gits'd out

currently downloading:
Call of Duty 2 <--- Awesome
inbetweeners season 1 & 2 <--- ...see below
Dogs of War (1980) <--- Awesome
Zombie Transfusion <--- Fucking terrible
The Thing (1982) <--- Awesome
Attack the Gas Station <--- needs a .srt file
Zombie Shooter 2 <--- not bad
The Zombie Diaries <--- Fucking terrible

who, me? zombie fixation? nah.....

i tried watching inbetweeners. sat through most of a couple of episodes. i can't get into it. i figure people that thought american pie was funny because of jason biggs' awkwardness would be fans of this, but i fucking hate jason biggs. main character of this is a british jason biggs.

partyboy
24th October 10, 10:26 AM
Vampires Suck was pretty decent ... for a retarded spoof movie.

http://www.spill.com/Movie-Reviews/MovieReview.aspx?Name=Vampires%20Suck&VideoId=520858

OZZ
27th October 10, 04:46 PM
Dogs of War is awesome..I got that one downloaded for me a while back too.

Fairy XXXmas
27th October 10, 05:11 PM
Get Visitor Q.

It's by the guy who directed Ichi the Killer and it will make your boner confused.

mrblackmagic
28th October 10, 06:34 PM
Brothers Bloom
Blue Mountain State Season 1.
May.
Spartacus Season 1

Get Visitor Q.

It's by the guy who directed Ichi the Killer and it will make your boner confused.

The boner is never confused, the person it's attached to on the other hand.

Neildo
31st October 10, 07:57 AM
having a steve mcqueen movie marathon tonight.

Le Mans
Great Escape
Bullit
The Hunter

Dark Helmet
31st October 10, 10:42 AM
Here's a few. If I had time in a day I'd watched nothing but these show's.

Damages - With Glen Close (It's in season 3)
Thick of it - British sitcom about politics. Think West Wing but very funny and witty.
Star Gate Destiny - I thought the 2 other shows were moronic. But Destiny is an awesome replacement for BSG if you ask me.

partyboy
31st October 10, 01:02 PM
Here's a few. If I had time in a day I'd watched nothing but these show's.

Star Gate Destiny - I thought the 2 other shows were moronic. But Destiny is an awesome replacement for BSG if you ask me.

you mean stargate universe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe

and yes, it's a pretty cool show

billy sol hurok
31st October 10, 07:50 PM
having a steve mcqueen movie marathon tonight.

Le Mans
Great Escape
Bullit
The Hunter

You might want to add "The Getaway" to that list.

Robot Jesus
31st October 10, 11:11 PM
beowulf and grendel

it's the movie that got leonidas his 300 gig.

Neildo
31st October 10, 11:53 PM
You might want to add "The Getaway" to that list.

oh yeah. the remake with alec baldwin and kim basinger wasnt bad either.

OZZ
6th November 10, 12:26 PM
We watched Centurion last night ..it was great..I like movies about the Roman Empire with lots of violence and heroes with cool names.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th November 10, 04:35 PM
delicatessen
ichi the killer
every marx bros. movie
^the best that cinema has to offer.

Neildo
6th November 10, 04:44 PM
got ichi on dvd
delicatessen looks cool

got partway through valhalla rising and didn't finish it. first 20 minutes are awesome though.

i tried watching your tv shows guys. can't do it. the only show that i watch is top gear and i can watch reruns of it all day every day. but i couldn't stand inbetweeners, got bored watching sons of anarchy. never liked stargate despite macguyver.

i'll get beowulf and grendel, and centurion tonight. was thinking of getting the new clash of the titans movie too.

Ajamil
6th November 10, 04:51 PM
no to titans

Tonuzaba
7th November 10, 05:12 AM
...was thinking of getting the new clash of the titans movie too.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's seriously the worst movie I have ever seen. And I loved the first version, as a teenager.

OK, Medusa is hot in this new one, but she moves too fast.