PDA

View Full Version : McCain rants, and an anti-Zionist Jew speaks

Greyfox
10th January 08, 09:49 AM
Sf95n2Or9lM

I came across this video just now, and found it very enlightening; I didn't know McCain was such a 'nutjob' (for want of a better word), but more importantly, I didn't realise the existence of an anti-Zionist camp within Orthodox Judaism. I find it very refreshing to hear of people working rationally for peace.

Shame that McCain is more well-known. He scares me.

So, I'd be intrigued to hear your comments on this, and perhaps even on the existence of states as more than administrative bodies. Personally speaking, I find them to be little more than lines drawn in the sand, and as long as people are living in a free, fair and equal society, then I'm not too fussed what name or flag it goes under.

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 11:12 AM
The anti-Zionist Jews are useful idiots par exellence:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=801717&contrassID=1&subContrassID=1

NEW YORK - A half-dozen Neturei Karta followers who attended a Holocaust denial conference in Iran have come under intense criticism over the visit, with one of the world's largest Hasidic groups denouncing them as "reckless outcasts."

The Jews who went to Iran "trampled on the memory of their ancestors and
people. They embraced the disciplines and followers of their murderers," said a statement from the Satmar leaders of Congregation Yetev Lev in Brooklyn.

The Jews who attended the conference are often confused with the Satmars, who also are anti-Zionist but acknowledge that 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust. Aside from their shared anti-Zionism, Neturei Karta followers and the Satmars both wear long, dark coats and wide-brimmed hats, and have beards and sidelocks. The Satmars say there is no connection between them and Neturei Karta, a group that sent six delegates to the conference under the banner "Jews United Against Zionism."

Cullion
10th January 08, 11:15 AM
There are two groups of anti-Zionist Jews mentioned in that article. You find both to be useful idiots, or just the holocaust denying ones ?

Cullion
10th January 08, 11:17 AM
Lol I didn't realise McCain was a global warming loon. What an especially stupid confluence of special interest groups.

Greyfox
10th January 08, 12:26 PM
I think he's just a 'whatever the people will vote for' loon. At least, that was the impression I got from his speech - bad rhetoric, and worse reasoning.

As for the anti-Zionist Jews - I didn't realise that was the group that was at the Holocaust denial conference. I guess that makes me more in line with the Satmars, then.

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 12:27 PM
There are two groups of anti-Zionist Jews mentioned in that article. You find both to be useful idiots, or just the holocaust denying ones ?

They both play into the hands of some seriously dodgy people.

Dagon Akujin
10th January 08, 05:19 PM
They both play into the hands of some seriously dodgy people.

True that. It is VERY DANGEROUS to think that a Palestinian deserves human rights.

Sun Wukong
10th January 08, 05:23 PM
actually, i don't want mcCain to win now just because I don't want Voldemort for a first lady. That's one scary old lady.

Dagon Akujin
10th January 08, 05:39 PM
What's up with his wife anyway? Somehow I seem to have missed that McCain was a cradle-robber like Thompson and Kucenich, and an adulterer like Giuliani.

His first wife said this of him: "I attribute [the breakup of our marriage] more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else."

He's 71 and his new wife is 54. They hooked up in '79 when he was 42 and she was about 25. And shut-up DAYoung. You shut up now. :)

Dagon

ICY
10th January 08, 05:52 PM
Lol I didn't realise McCain was a global warming loon.

Lol I didn't realise you was a let's-let'em-wipe-out-mammalian-life-on-Earth-for-a-few-years-profit loon.

Dagon Akujin
10th January 08, 05:57 PM
Hey look, I found a picture of Cracky on the internet:

http://people.zoy.org/~sam/best-animated-gif-ever.gif

WarPhalange
10th January 08, 06:03 PM
There's plenty of Jews that are against Israel. The Torah says the Messiah will bring about the new Israel, and those Jews believe that other countries doing it instead is a farce and an insult to Jews.

It's a shame that those are the only people that can say anything negative about Israel without being called anti-semitic. That's really annoying.

Shawarma
10th January 08, 06:09 PM
They should be able to be labeled antisemites as the rest of us. After all, people born and bred in the US are often labeled as "hating Amerikuh."

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 06:24 PM
True that. It is VERY DANGEROUS to think that a Palestinian deserves human rights.

It's even more dangerous to think that the Palestinians will renounce terrorism sometime soon.

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 06:28 PM
There's plenty of Jews that are against Israel. The Torah says the Messiah will bring about the new Israel, and those Jews believe that other countries doing it instead is a farce and an insult to Jews.

It's a shame that those are the only people that can say anything negative about Israel without being called anti-semitic. That's really annoying.

I think Israel is a bit heavy-handed too at times - but not as much as it could be. My point is, Saudi Arabia - for example - doesn't get as much flack and Hizbollah was being publicly lionised in London during a war it started and inbetween murdering uppity Lebanese politicians.

WarPhalange
10th January 08, 06:44 PM
I think Israel is a bit heavy-handed too at times - but not as much as it could be. My point is, Saudi Arabia - for example - doesn't get as much flack and Hizbollah was being publicly lionised in London during a war it started and inbetween murdering uppity Lebanese politicians.

I don't know if it's the Muslim-biased media we have here in the US, but it seems to me like it's Israel that's always itching to start a war with their neighbors, at the expense of the US, of course.

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 06:53 PM
Bear in mind that before the Second Intifada, there were concerns in Israel that the young were growing ever less interested in military service and were much more keen on making lots of money and shagging/boozing. Which is to say, Israel would calm down quite a bit if it didn't have so many arseholes gunning for it.

Dagon Akujin
10th January 08, 07:04 PM
It's even more dangerous to think that Israel will renounce terrorism sometime soon.

fixed.

socratic
10th January 08, 07:46 PM
I think everyone needs to realise that the matter of Israel and it's wars is a giant fucking clusterfuck, with huge assholes on both sides.

I mean, Israel and Palestine and related wars etc.

Truculent Sheep
10th January 08, 09:28 PM
fixed.

You naughty moral relativist troll, you. I'd smack your bottom if I didn't know you'd derive perverse pleasure from it.

ICY
10th January 08, 09:43 PM
Hey look, I found a picture of Cracky on the internet:

Fuckin' right.

Cullion
13th January 08, 06:20 AM

I think that's more of an American thing. It's fairly common for the BBC to run news stories critical of the Israeli government, and I see 'freedom for palestine' stickers and posters around Oxford, even in the windows of some pretty upscale homes.

socratic
13th January 08, 09:52 PM
I think that's more of an American thing. It's fairly common for the BBC to run news stories critical of the Israeli government, and I see 'freedom for palestine' stickers and posters around Oxford, even in the windows of some pretty upscale homes.

There's also a lot of mention of the Gaza strip and the West Bank etc on SBS and amongst charity groups in Australia.

WarPhalange
13th January 08, 10:07 PM

Really? That's pretty cool. There was a special here on MSNBC about the 3 Abrahamic religions, and the person who hosted the specials was from Iran. For the episode on Judaism, she pointed out how Pro-Israel lobbyists have such a huge influence in America and how Israel isn't all matza-balls and roses. She got accused of being anti-semitic.