PDA

View Full Version : Water Torch

Aaranar
5th January 08, 01:35 AM
Pretty interesting.

obzQONJd11M

WarPhalange
5th January 08, 02:12 AM
So how does he split the water to get the fuel for his car?

Neildo
5th January 08, 02:22 AM
who cares. i want. gimmie gimmie.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th January 08, 02:28 AM
Water torches are old hat. I bet his car is a gimmick - some ineffeciant gasoline generator making electricity to split water.

Next miracle man please.

WarPhalange
5th January 08, 03:01 AM
On the other hand, it would be better than a hydrogen fuel cell as a battery. It won't be hard to refill or anything.

But it doesn't really solve any problems as far as I can see.

jubei33
6th January 08, 03:28 AM
pretty cool. anyone know the patent number?

WarPhalange
6th January 08, 04:02 AM
It's like 5.

jubei33
6th January 08, 04:26 AM
It's like 5.
nevermind, got it right here (http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220060075683%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20060075683&RS=DN/20060075683)

apparently its 'magnecular' and is supposedly some new kind of toroidal grouping of O and H atoms, but not in water's normal 2:3 ratio. He also goes really wants to mention that its not Brown's gas (named after a professor in the 70's who first patented electrolysis of h2o).

so far it looks just like standard electrolysis to me, I don't have time to read the whole thing though, maybe later.

edit:
i was wrong about Brown, hes just the first guy to patent his oxy welding system. Magnecular (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnecule) refers to this guy, Ruggero Santilli. He's apparently controversial, but published plenty of research in Physics and Chem most of it being in the fringes. The magnecules are supposed to be atomic species held together by weak magnetic fields.

they are stable at ordinary conditions while exhibiting no infrared signature (other than those of conventional molecular constituents), thus confirming that the bond is not of valence type

This sounds to me like the free radical in a can controversy, but I don't have the whole of his paper to find out. At any rate the only difference between brown and HHO guy are that he doesn't pass his through an electric arc.