PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the scary eyes?

Tyrsmann
3rd January 08, 05:41 AM
Why is it everytime I see an anti-gun spokesperson they have some crazy look in their eye?

A good example is this clip of an NRA debate

7WwLz9hBZfM

wait til it gets to 2:28

That bitch had one of the craziest looks I've ever seen.

Shawarma
3rd January 08, 09:05 AM
Passion for their cause, namely to deny the god-given right of every American citizen to shoot gay homeless niggers.

Scrapper
3rd January 08, 09:12 AM
I'm all about gun control. For instance, I can put 5 rounds of .357 into a dixie cup at 15 yards with a snub nose. That's pretty good gun control, IMO.

I can dump 15 rounds of 9mm into a man's torso at 15 yards in 6 seconds. That's not great, but I'm working on it.

Gun control is the most important aspect of shooting.

Truculent Sheep
3rd January 08, 09:16 AM
The chief fallacy of these campaigners is that by accident or design they want to transfer a monopoly of force from the citizen to the state. This seems particularly naive, given that the state is often either fucking useless (e.g. the British police) or singularly unpleasant (e.g. just about every tyranny ever). In other words, if you can't trust your neighbour to have a gun, why should you trust your government?

Shawarma
3rd January 08, 09:16 AM
To quote a fantastic troll I once read on a board in favour of gun control:

"I am deeply in favour of gun control."
*cue wild applause from liberal posters*
"It is crucial that we prevent niggers, homos and commies from getting any guns."

EuropIan
3rd January 08, 09:19 AM
I like the idea of registering firearms. It makes sense for various reasons.
Do you need to pass a test to get a gun license? If yes, how difficult is it?

Riddeck
3rd January 08, 11:36 AM

In Michigan, anyone can carry a gun (provided it itself is a legal, registered weapon) out in the open (on hip or whatever, so long as it is not concealed).

However, sitting in car, or covering it with your coat, makes it a concealed weapon, therefor subject to a CCW, which you have to take a class, and take a test, neither of which is difficult, unless you are retarded.

ojgsxr6
3rd January 08, 12:12 PM
In NY, in order to get a permit to operate and own a handgun, you have to fill out paper work, including getting fingerprinted and have an interview with a detective at your county's police Headquaters. It's about a 3 month process.

In order to purchase a handgun you have to purchase the gun after a 5 minute background check, but they can't give it to you until you bring the receipt to your police headquaters and the put the guns info on your pistol permit/record.

I heard the whole process is alot more difficult in the 5 boroughs (Manhattan, Queens etc)

SuperGuido
3rd January 08, 01:46 PM

In CA, you don't need to take a test for "Long Irons" (rifles, shotguns, etc...).

However, you DO need to take a test for ALL handguns. I'm acquiring a CZ .380, which I just took my "Gun Safety" test for last Saturday, as my last license expired.

The test is 30 questions, multiple choice, and pretty self-explanatory IF you aren't a coked-up moron itching to shoot someone in the face. Most people need to flip through the study guide for a few minutes in order to ace the test, but anyone with a hint of "Gun Culture" in their blood should know most of the test off hand.

The questions are like "What are the 4 basic safety rules?" (Never point the weapon at something you do not intend to shoot, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, etc...) and "What is the only legal way to transport a handgun in CA?" (Unloaded and in the trunk out of sight, etc...).

Don "Jive Turkey" Gwinn
4th January 08, 12:42 AM
I don't think the anti-gunners claim her anymore. She got embarassed too badly.

There are nutcases on both sides, but the anti-gun ones tend to be more entertaining. Pennsylvania CeaseFire has two really good squirrel turds on its Board of Directors. One is a conspiracy theorist who studies UFOs, ancient Egyptian Magick, and about a bazillion other woo-woo goofs. The other is Professor Alex Riley. He acts like Shawarma.

socratic
4th January 08, 06:43 AM
"God given right?"

In Australia, getting your hands on guns isn't fucking easy. If guns are around, it's generally taken as a good sign that you're in a pretty bad spot and need to book it. No one seems to complain too loudly about their god given right for a weapon when many weapons, and especially carrying a concealed weapon, are illegal.

My point is that people who are all about the guns they have that they think will protect them need to get a bit of a better world culture view. Many western nations are about as relatively free from tyranny as you can get and pretty low on guns.

Riddeck
4th January 08, 06:59 AM
"God given right?"

In Australia, getting your hands on guns isn't fucking easy. If guns are around, it's generally taken as a good sign that you're in a pretty bad spot and need to book it. No one seems to complain too loudly about their god given right for a weapon when many weapons, and especially carrying a concealed weapon, are illegal.

My point is that people who are all about the guns they have that they think will protect them need to get a bit of a better world culture view. Many western nations are about as relatively free from tyranny as you can get and pretty low on guns.

U.S. on that list of 'reletively free from tyranny'?

Cullion
5th January 08, 07:09 PM

What's your definition of tyranny? To be more precise, what kinds of things would a government do to its citizens, or prohibit it's citizens from doing, before you thought of it as a tyranny?

AAAhmed46
7th January 08, 04:53 PM
Why is it everytime I see an anti-gun spokesperson they have some crazy look in their eye?

A good example is this clip of an NRA debate

7WwLz9hBZfM

wait til it gets to 2:28

That bitch had one of the craziest looks I've ever seen.

Im pro gun.

But shit, republicans are even crazier.

Ever heard frank Miller talk?

socratic
7th January 08, 08:07 PM
What's your definition of tyranny? To be more precise, what kinds of things would a government do to its citizens, or prohibit it's citizens from doing, before you thought of it as a tyranny?
The inability to democratically elect a government in my opinion is pretty much the biggest sign of tyranny. This includes those places that hold elections, but in reality the same guy stays in power, and there's plenty of countries that have a nice shiny 'we're totally democratic' stamp on them that really aren't. I'd also include suppression of religion, free speech, or persucition of certain ethnic or religious groups as tyrannical. Oh, and invasion of privacy. So wiretapping without obvious warrant, etc, would count as tyrannical or at least fucked up in my opinion.

Obviously, there's little warning signs all over the place even in the most 'Western' of countries. Patriot Act in America, for example, or the latest wacky terror laws in Australia. That's why I said 'relatively' tyranny free.

U.S. on that list of 'reletively free from tyranny'?

Yeah. Compare the new laws in America, to say, the dictator of Pakistan, or the actions of the Military Junta in Malaysia. I mean, the Patriot Act is bad, but it could be a whole lot more tyrannical.

Riddeck
7th January 08, 11:41 PM

Obviously, there's little warning signs all over the place even in the most 'Western' of countries. Patriot Act in America, for example, or the latest wacky terror laws in Australia. That's why I said 'relatively' tyranny free.

Yeah. Compare the new laws in America, to say, the dictator of Pakistan, or the actions of the Military Junta in Malaysia. I mean, the Patriot Act is bad, but it could be a whole lot more tyrannical.

It is getting worse. The best is yet to come.

socratic
8th January 08, 02:39 AM
It is getting worse. The best is yet to come.

Probably. Bad things get worse before they get better.