PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR RUINING MY CHRISTMAS EA GAMES!!

WarPhalange
24th December 07, 10:51 PM
I got Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii for my brother. The tradition is, we get a multiplayer game and play it during Christmas Eve (that's when we open our presents).

The box said 4 player on it, in addition to the 32 multiplayer online. Surely we should be able to go 1v1 if we want, or at least play together online. Why would the box lie?

BECAUSE IT WAS A FUCKING MISPRINT!

When you buy a game because it advertises something it doesn't deliver, the game gets a flat out 0/10. No excuses.

Neildo
25th December 07, 04:04 AM
sue them. false advertising.

WarPhalange
25th December 07, 04:20 AM
I'd return it, but my brother wants to play his friends online, so he's still going to play the hell out of it.

I'm still pissed about that fiasco called "Command & Conquer: Generals" though.

Aphid Jones
25th December 07, 11:20 PM
I'd return it, but my brother wants to play his friends online, so he's still going to play the hell out of it.

I'm still pissed about that fiasco called "Command & Conquer: Generals" though.

Didn't care for Zero Hour either?

WarPhalange
25th December 07, 11:47 PM
I think I got it with Zero Hour. It doesn't matter. Lip stick on a pig and all that. The game was just pure shit.

Matt Stone
26th December 07, 03:18 AM
I think I got it with Zero Hour. It doesn't matter. Lip stick on a pig and all that. The game was just pure shit.

I agree entirely. Complete crap. The only RTS game I enjoy playing right now is Dawn of War and it's expansions, plus the maps I've gotten online and some of the mods as well. That game kicks pure ass.

I like PC games so I can play the campaign as I please, and to play skirmish games when I have the free time. Campaign games take a commitment; skirmish I can play and end without feeling like I will lose out on it somehow.

The sheer generic feel of Generals made me lose interest almost immediately. I was just glad that I only paid like $25 for the two games together.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th December 07, 03:44 AM
C&C has always been an incredibly weak RTS. Play AoE or Starcraft.

Of course this is all moot because Civilization is the best RTS and it isn't even an RTS.

WarPhalange
26th December 07, 04:00 AM
I liked Red Alert. A lot. I think that's why I've tried a few others. RA2 was not bad at all, either. C&C Tiberium Wars wasn't bad either.

C&C is pretty bread and butter, which is why I like it. Nothing weird or fancy.

But RTS needs to implement the S into it again. Micromanaging your forces isn't a strategy. Like in Warcraft 3 (played the hell out of it, although mostly for the custom games), there were no strategies. You couldn't divide your forces and flank. It did nothing. By the time your 2nd group went around, your first one was slaughtered.

No surrounding a base, either, since it was usually in a corner or blocked off somehow so you only had 1 or 2 entrances.

Yeah, that's where a base would be built ideally, but I didn't like it anyway.

Never played much of Starcraft.

WarPhalange
26th December 07, 04:03 AM
I agree entirely. Complete crap. The only RTS game I enjoy playing right now is Dawn of War and it's expansions, plus the maps I've gotten online and some of the mods as well. That game kicks pure ass.

I like PC games so I can play the campaign as I please, and to play skirmish games when I have the free time. Campaign games take a commitment; skirmish I can play and end without feeling like I will lose out on it somehow.

The sheer generic feel of Generals made me lose interest almost immediately. I was just glad that I only paid like $25 for the two games together.

It was VERY generic. I hated it. Also how the 3 sides were very rock-paper-scissors sucked big time.

The Terrorists (generic Arabs) only had ground troops. America had good air, and China I think was all-around. So if you are fighting the Terrorists, you don't need AA. You need to watch out around you because they sneak up. That's it. It was ridiculous.

WarPhalange
26th December 07, 04:03 AM
Oh, I also played Supreme Commander. Didn't like the campaign much. Apparently multiplayer is better, but never got a chance to try it. The gameplay and mechanics were amazing, though.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th December 07, 04:09 AM
I didn't play SC either, but I knew if I just said AoE someone would be all, "nu uh! starcraft!"

But Civilization, man. Civ-il-i-za-tion.

Arhetton
26th December 07, 09:51 AM
if you like RTS and FPS then I recommend the half life mod: Natural Selection

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/about/

Its a combination of the two, and a very fun multiplayer game.

No single player option.

WarPhalange
26th December 07, 03:41 PM
I loved that game when I played it. They need to make it for HL2 now. The problem was trying to find a server with good ping that had people playing. =/

MaverickZ
27th December 07, 12:04 PM
How can you people talk about RTS without talking about Moonbase Commander?!
http://mbc.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/

Ok, so it's turn based. It's still the only strategy game I'm willing to play.