PDA

View Full Version : A year to wait to see more? Plus, Dark Knight trailer.

Riddeck
13th December 07, 06:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/ducttapemouth/darkknight_big2.jpg

Yeah.

I think Heath Ledger's Joker is going to be phenomenal.

Fantastic.

Neildo
13th December 07, 07:35 AM
props to the costume department. nicely done.

MSphinx
13th December 07, 12:18 PM
Moar:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3809/darkknightge4.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5162/joker3ek8.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5700/joker2yr2.jpg

Robot Jesus
13th December 07, 02:06 PM
I was hoping that the joker would look more like thishttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Ichithekr.jpg

JimmyTheHutt
13th December 07, 05:20 PM
That is a seriously fucked up film.

In regards to the pictures, I am getting completely psyched for this film.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Odacon
13th December 07, 06:12 PM
I panicked when ledger was announced as the joke, but he is really going to pull it off well.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th December 07, 06:18 PM
It's obviously a conspiracy, Riddeck.

Truculent Sheep
13th December 07, 07:50 PM
Methinks the Joker has a bit of a Father Jack thing going on.

3UwnpC3YmRk

Steve
14th December 07, 03:27 AM
I'm more concerned about who will play the Penguin in the third film (if they follow the pattern). Can't beat Danny DeVito.

bob
14th December 07, 03:30 AM
Ricky Gervais?

Riddeck
14th December 07, 04:57 AM
It's obviously a conspiracy, Riddeck.

Your Mother.

Question!
16th December 07, 11:44 PM
Good quality trailer on youtube (non bootlegged)

uRjzsxec49Q

Higher quality trailer on the official site:

http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

SFGOON
17th December 07, 01:50 AM
I pee my pants in anticipation.

jubei33
17th December 07, 03:40 AM
gonna bee tits

jubei33
17th December 07, 03:40 AM
and ass baby

Steve
17th December 07, 02:54 PM
Looks like Ledger is gonna pull it off after all.

boondock lee
17th December 07, 03:31 PM
Looks like Ledger is gonna pull it off after all.
not just pull it off, he might be the best JOKER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sniperdan

Matt W.
17th December 07, 04:20 PM
Excellent. He kind of looks like a demented version of The Crow. Me like.

RaiNnyX4
17th December 07, 06:53 PM
I'm more concerned about who will play the Penguin in the third film (if they follow the pattern). Can't beat Danny DeVito.

I'm pretty sure that Nolan has said he has no desire to use Penguin as a villain for his movies.

Cullion
17th December 07, 06:56 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

Question!
17th December 07, 09:41 PM
Two Face will be the main villian in the third movie, I believe.

Shawarma
17th December 07, 10:45 PM
You know, having watched the Batman cartoons back in the nineties, I really don't think they could make anything that would be able to stand up to the unsurpassed neo-noir mood and shadowy backdrops of that series.

Riddeck
18th December 07, 12:09 AM

Would be fabulous.

I still want to see Benicio Del Torro as Gambit for an Xman movie. Think "Usual Suspects" for his 'accent'.

Sun Wukong
18th December 07, 12:59 AM
Your Mother.

you're such a little bitch riddeck.

Sun Wukong
18th December 07, 01:19 AM
Would be fabulous.

I still want to see Benicio Del Torro as Gambit for an Xman movie. Think "Usual Suspects" for his 'accent'.
How is fenster's accent supposed to sound like cajun french? That's no where near a cajun accent except for the part about being hard to understand clearly; cajun accents are damn near impossible to immitate, you either are raised around them enough to pick up the speech or you sound like a fucking idiot. (damn near everyone on "The Waterboy" except for the guy who played the defensive line coach was way off).

Someone playing remy would have to have a speech coach to even get near it (del toro might be able to pull it off, but he's not built for the part (tall, thin); especially with the cajun french because they'd probably make the mistake of speaking the words in a standard french accent with a georgia drawl or some such shit which is a dead giveaway that it's faked. Bad southern immitations might sound good to the rest of the country, but it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Riddeck
18th December 07, 06:24 AM
you're such a little bitch riddeck.

First off, fuck yourself.

How is fenster's accent supposed to sound like cajun french? That's no where near a cajun accent except for the part about being hard to understand clearly; cajun accents are damn near impossible to immitate, you either are raised around them enough to pick up the speech or you sound like a fucking idiot. (damn near everyone on "The Waterboy" except for the guy who played the defensive line coach was way off).

Someone playing remy would have to have a speech coach to even get near it (del toro might be able to pull it off, but he's not built for the part (tall, thin); especially with the cajun french because they'd probably make the mistake of speaking the words in a standard french accent with a georgia drawl or some such shit which is a dead giveaway that it's faked. Bad southern immitations might sound good to the rest of the country, but it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Just saying he is capable and looks the part. As soon as I viewed the first movie, that is all I could think about.

Shawarma
18th December 07, 07:03 AM
Wow, Hoffman as The Penguin would be a fantastic bit of casting.

EuropIan
18th December 07, 08:28 AM
Edit: I suck at screen caps.

Anyway. I the movie 'I Am Legend' about 7:30 to 8:00 minutes in there's a movie poster for the Batman/Superman movie. Release date would be around 2009-2010

discuss

mrblackmagic
18th December 07, 09:27 AM
It's a fake.

Ledger's Sid Vicious impersonation really came through. It reminded me of Cesar Romero's joker too.

EuropIan
18th December 07, 11:21 AM
It's a fake.

Ledger's Sid Vicious impersonation really came through. It reminded me of Cesar Romero's joker too.
How can you be sure? The poster is IN the movie. It could be a great example of viral marketing

Warner Brothers studios (who also made "I Am Legend" own the rights to both licenses, so it is at least conceivable.

Oh yeah, I am going to jump the bandwagon of "color me pleasantly surprised by Heath Ledger's Joker" Perhaps Nicholson's portrayal can be surpassed.

GreenHornet
18th December 07, 01:46 PM
OP said one year to wait for DK but: http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/summer2008.JPG
so more like 6 month or so...

plus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9UZ587vjYA&feature=related

edit: sorry the last one may be fake, my bad.

OZZ
20th December 07, 02:08 PM
Wicked..I can't wait fo this to come out.

elipson
20th December 07, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah, I am going to jump the bandwagon of "color me pleasantly surprised by Heath Ledger's Joker" Perhaps Nicholson's portrayal can be surpassed.
That's just pure communism. Ledger could be very good, but jack is JACK.

And I don't like Benicio as gambit. Too short, and I think I agree with the accent. Hard to do.

Who can upstage Tommy as Two face?

mrblackmagic
21st December 07, 12:37 PM
Anybody who takes the role seriously.

Letum
22nd December 07, 07:56 AM
You know, having watched the Batman cartoons back in the nineties, I really don't think they could make anything that would be able to stand up to the unsurpassed neo-noir mood and shadowy backdrops of that series.

For a childrens show it was rather dark wasn't it? But then again so was Winnie the Pooh. Meh.

Riddeck
22nd December 07, 02:36 PM
For a childrens show it was rather dark wasn't it? But then again so was Winnie the Pooh. Meh.

My dad used to tell me not to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and also Smurfs, because the 700 Club said they were Satanist Cartoons!

DerAuslander108
22nd December 07, 05:05 PM
The 700 Hundred Club barely has an ounce of actual theological basis for any of the claims they make.

Arhetton
23rd December 07, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure I like the bat-cycle. The front of it looks a little stupid. I think they need to get away from the bat-vehicles. Introducing a vehicle per movie is just silly and culminated in the nonsense of the previous movies (batplane, batboat etc). BUT THINK OF THE MERCHANDISING!!!

I think a sort of freerunning batman combined with the gliding abilty and grapnel gun is appropriate. I like the scene in Batman Begins where Bruce is learning and he escapes from the commissioner the first time, followed by the scene prior to his immolation at the hands of scare crow. Splinter cell. Show Batman creeping around with the silence of a ninja's church fart. Climbing and using ropes etc.

Showing batman burning around in his car/motorcycle doesn't really create meaningful content to any batman story I've ever seen. Whats more important is the plot, dialogue, the detective scenes, and confrontations with his opponents. He's a detective, not a highway cop.

I like how this series is going though and I trust the director.

Heath's performance looks good already.

MSphinx
24th December 07, 02:10 PM
That would be amazing. He would actually be better than De Vito.

I think he already looked a bit like the Penguin in the poster for Capote:

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/q/r/6/capoteposter.jpg

Toby Christensen
26th December 07, 01:26 PM
I hope Michael Caine gets into fights using Cockney superpowers.

Goldenmane
30th December 07, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure I like the bat-cycle. The front of it looks a little stupid. I think they need to get away from the bat-vehicles. Introducing a vehicle per movie is just silly and culminated in the nonsense of the previous movies (batplane, batboat etc). BUT THINK OF THE MERCHANDISING!!!

I think a sort of freerunning batman combined with the gliding abilty and grapnel gun is appropriate. I like the scene in Batman Begins where Bruce is learning and he escapes from the commissioner the first time, followed by the scene prior to his immolation at the hands of scare crow. Splinter cell. Show Batman creeping around with the silence of a ninja's church fart. Climbing and using ropes etc.

Showing batman burning around in his car/motorcycle doesn't really create meaningful content to any batman story I've ever seen. Whats more important is the plot, dialogue, the detective scenes, and confrontations with his opponents. He's a detective, not a highway cop.

I like how this series is going though and I trust the director.

Heath's performance looks good already.

I agree.

The best thing that was ever done for Batman was choosing the right actor. Had to be an actor who can play a fucking sociopath, because that's what the Batman is. What shat me about Batman Begins is that it combined this radical breakthrough with a shit ninjer clan.

It will be nice if they ever get the Batman right.

Though on the freerunning, I could see it if Robin or Nightwing (probably the Tim Robin - the circus kid) was introduced/used that way. I mean, yes, it does fit with (as in, fill out) the Batman's skillset, but maybe the timing is out too much to do it that way.

Shawarma
30th December 07, 11:25 AM
I personally don't think it could be done any better in visual style or theme than this. The Joker just doesn't translate well into being a real character:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JEa71aS3oU&feature=related

mrblackmagic
31st December 07, 08:15 AM
Looks like Doug Jones or Jim Carrey in the early days.

I'm hoping the do something good with Two Face. Even in the comic sometimes, I haven't seen the dichotomy of his personality captured properly.