PDA

View Full Version : BSG: Razor

Quikfeet509
6th December 07, 12:47 AM
So this was a two-hour [sort of] prequel told the story of the Battlestar Pegasus that was played last month. I missed it so I rented the DVD today. So that I don't give any spoilers away, let me say this:

I actually have hope now that the fourth and final season of BSG is going to kick major fucking ass.

boondock lee
6th December 07, 12:53 AM
Damn I just caught the first ten minutes of it at my cousin's house, then he decided to fucking watch 101 dalmations. WTF?!!?!?! Actually its really 3 different stories, the story of the pegasus, Lee's takeover of the Pegasus, and adama fighting in the first cylon war.

Quikfeet509
6th December 07, 12:55 AM
Kill him.

boondock lee
6th December 07, 12:56 AM
the guy has like 50 pounds on me and he's like 20.......

Quikfeet509
6th December 07, 01:26 AM
Seriously though, it was one of the most fucked up shows ever.

Ever.

Teh El Macho
6th December 07, 11:20 AM
You didn't like it?

boondock lee
6th December 07, 01:33 PM
What happened? the first ten minutes seemed good to me......

Sun Wukong
6th December 07, 02:18 PM
he decided to watch 101 dalmations instead of BSG and he's 20 years old? I feel pretty confident you can take him because he's obviously a little girl trapped in an adults body.

Quikfeet509
6th December 07, 04:51 PM
The episode was amazing but incredibly fucked up, sort of like the first season.

Good stuff.

boondock lee
6th December 07, 11:45 PM
he decided to watch 101 dalmations instead of BSG and he's 20 years old? I feel pretty confident you can take him because he's obviously a little girl trapped in an adults body.
I probably could of protested....but he felt that the little kids wanted to watch a motherfucking disney movie despite the fact that they want to play in a different room, besides it was his house..... but when I asked to watch BSG, he said he wanted to watch it, Five minutes later he turned it off. I guess he wanted me to play some lame board game with him and the rest of my cousins. SHITTY board game over BSG:razor? Fuck that

Sun Wukong
7th December 07, 02:27 AM
oh ok, for the kids... i get it. children can so much more easily amuse themselves than an adult can. adults exist to give kids money, video games, and rent movies for them; food and shelter are secondary.

Sun Wukong
11th December 07, 05:56 AM
I watched BSG: Razor and I'm actually extremely disappointed. The problem with the new writers is that they don't seem to know how to properly build suspence and seem to have no concept of character interaction. In the first 2 seasons the characters reacted to each other in logical ways, in the 3rd people started acting like they were on a soap opera.

I repeat, these fucking Star Trek writers need to get their asses off this show if the next season is going to be worth a damn. The best way to build suspence isn't to foreshadow everything into oblivion, it's to have a near total lack of information. In the first two seasons we had NO FUCKING idea what the fuck the cylons were up to; not a god damn clue except "Destroy all HUMANS!"

Not only did they give away the identities of 4 of the 5 remaining cylon models but they did it all in one go. They should have slowly activated them, one at a time in the most opportune moments. Hinted heavily that there was at least one cylon on board in the crew, but not actually given any direct clues to who they were until they popped their corks. Instead, we know almost all of the better characters on the show are cylons and, with these writers, "Starbuck" is probably the final model. It would have been fine if starbuck was one of the final models, but honestly, why the hell did they make Commander Tigh and the Crew Chief a cylon as well and tell everyone about it upfront?

The answer to that is simple, these writers lack subtlety so they go for the cheap thrills up front just like all the other bullshit that's on the Sci-fi channel.

I'm going to watch the show anyway, but only in the hopes that somehow they switch horses mid-stream and pick up a better crew of writers. Maybe with this writer's guild walk-out going on they might actually ditch some of these losers and get with the fucking program by hiring some better writers. Honestly... fucking STAR TREK writers? I'd rather piss in my own hollowed out eye sockets than sit through an entire season of any star trek series.

Quikfeet509
12th December 07, 02:11 AM
Seriously the main thing that is keeping me going is that the writers made the obvious final four a scam...that it was portrayed obvious and it is yet another misdirection.

I am going into the fourth and final season with this [dis] belief. Hopefully if I end up being wrong, it will be too close to the final end for me to care.

But I still think Razor rocked because it was completely fucked.

Sun Wukong
12th December 07, 02:23 AM
If they aren't cylons then what the hell was going on with intergalactic psychic Jimmi Hendrix song? It didn't make any sense anyway so whatever alternate explainatin they make will be as good as any(oh my god, hendrix was a CYLON!!!)
The production staff seemed to get lazy as fuck too. For fuck's sake, you could see the UPC codes on the bottles of hootch in Razor. WTF is up with that?

Quikfeet509
12th December 07, 03:21 AM
If they aren't cylons then what the hell was going on with intergalactic psychic Jimmi Hendrix song? It didn't make any sense anyway so whatever alternate explainatin they make will be as good as any(oh my god, hendrix was a CYLON!!!)
The production staff seemed to get lazy as fuck too. For fuck's sake, you could see the UPC codes on the bottles of hootch in Razor. WTF is up with that?

I might be reaching, but I am hoping it was because they were "conditioned" on New Caprica, so the whole "I'm a CYLON" is a farce.

I have no idea what the point of the Hendrix song was. Seriously. Perhaps it was a crossover advertisement for Guitar Hero III or something [is it on that game?]

Sun Wukong
12th December 07, 03:39 AM
Good point, hopefully that's what happened. Who all was captured on new caprica? all i can recall was tigh was a prisoner.

Quikfeet509
13th December 07, 03:01 PM
Good point, hopefully that's what happened. Who all was captured on new caprica? all i can recall was tigh was a prisoner.

Actually I think they all were, but I can't remember. I had the urge to watch the final episode again but all of BSG was taken down off of iTunes.

Lame.

Quikfeet509
16th December 07, 10:42 AM
Slightly off topic, but BSG was ranked as one of the top 10 shows of 2007:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/2007review/bestandworst?GT1=7703&photoidx=6