PDA

View Full Version : Save the Danes from the Danish language.

EuropIan
27th November 07, 07:30 PM
Scandinavians like to take the piss out of each other on a regular basis. The've had a long history of incredibly bloody wars and many many stereotypes that range from funny to down right cruel.
But since the weather is too damn poor to wage a proper war it usually just resorts to name calling and rude gestures rather than war.

This clip is from a Norwegian satire program, giving the Danish language a proper thrashing.

s-mOy8VUEBk

And yes, to the outsider, Dansih really sounds like that.

Note: the only teligible the they say in Danish is "we understand each other not"

However, this thread will probably end with Shawarma telling me it's older than the earth itelf and we'll proceed making fun of the Danish language...Because it really is ugly and guttural at it's worst.

For you non-Scandinaivans, I guess this will also be the thread were you have fun with Scandinavian stereotypes (Danish in particular if you can tell the diference)

kwoww
27th November 07, 09:55 PM
I know about 3 Dutch words, which I presume are similar:
gloria
slippers
voor slap (saw it on a Dutch shampoo bottle)

Kein Haar
27th November 07, 10:56 PM
Dutch? So?

Steve
28th November 07, 12:22 AM
Solution (which is obviously pointed out in the video): :englishmo

WarPhalange
28th November 07, 01:47 AM
What are some of the more cruel stereotypes?

Also, Denmark is now on my list of places I would be willing to go to grad school, since I understood all the English they spoke. And I think we can all agree that a sample of 3 people specifically choses to speak English is a good representation of the population there.

Steve
28th November 07, 02:09 AM

Also, Denmark is now on my list of places I would be willing to go to grad school, since I understood all the English they spoke. And I think we can all agree that a sample of 3 people specifically choses to speak English is a good representation of the population there.

LOL, subtitles.

Cullion
28th November 07, 03:39 AM

Practically all Danes speak excellent English.

DAYoung
28th November 07, 04:00 AM
Met with a Norwegian today.

Perfect English.

And free education.

WIN.

Steve
28th November 07, 04:21 AM
My first real girlfriend (I was 15 years old, girl was an exchange student) was Norwegian.

Their ideas about sex are awesome.

DAYoung
28th November 07, 04:37 AM
That it's priced at discount rates?

Steve
28th November 07, 04:40 AM
Back then it was all about the exchange rate, duh.

EuropIan
28th November 07, 04:52 AM
Heh, most Danes do indeed speak English. Albeit, with an incredibly goofy accent.

As for the language itself, it has a method of spelling so counterintuitive that it only could have been invented by a Frenchman (lol irony)

e.g. "g" and "d" can have soft pronunciations hwen put in the middle of the word. the latter involving you sticking out your tongue. "R" is not pronunced by rolling your tongue, instead it done in the back of your throat. And then there are their confusing vowels such as æ (a e), ø (o e) and å (o a)

Danish is basically a mix of ancient Scandinavian tongue and platdeutch.

The Danes have a simple phrase to check if you can pronunce their shit right:

"Rød grød med fløde" it means "Red porridge with cream"

qQkvqJJvR9U

Danes are xenophobic pig-fuckers. (i heard this from a Swede, it made me laugh)
Swedes are stupid, obnoxious alcoholics and are not the paragons of self control. Oh and they might all be gay.
Norweigians? Fjeld-Monkeys. Think of it as "mountain niggers"

also, "lol pedophile" can be apt sometimes.

(psst Ian! you totally forgot the Finns what gives?) we don't talk about the Finns! They only THINK they're Scandinavian

Edit: lol ironical spelling

EuropIan
28th November 07, 04:54 AM
That it's priced at discount rates?

No that it can be Government funded (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1537366.html)

Steve
28th November 07, 05:01 AM
I rest my case.

Truculent Sheep
28th November 07, 08:37 AM

Good for Physics too.

But back on thread, I like to ruthlessly tease Norwegians, as they're all po-faced, smug and pretensious tossers. Especially this bell-end:

IeEGsRs7CAI

etc.

Yes, Varg Vikernes. You're really doing your bit for the Nordic race by spending most of your adult life in prison, adopting the name of a rather limp collaborator (to whit, the boy Varg styles himself as 'Varg Qisling Larsson Vikernes', after Vidkun Qisling, whose surname is still used in the UK as an insult for traitors), spouting all sorts of weird and ill-informed pagan/fascist/UFO bollocks and not being there for your daughter as she grows up. What a man.

Varg - or should I call you by your Christian name, err, 'Kristian' - was it really worth it? Really? You do Norway proud.

EuropIan
28th November 07, 11:45 AM
But but....Teh Black Metal iz wrong!....etc.

I forgot how many 700 Club members are Norwegian

Truculent Sheep
28th November 07, 12:52 PM
The Burzum fiasco reached epic heights when www.Burzum.com was set up. Half the members were far right neo-pagan totalitarians and the other half were what could only be described as left-wing 'useful idiots', one of whom even went so far as to compare Varg to Bob Marley and Ayrton Senna! All of which sat uneasily next to articles glorfying Russian NSBM and church/ethnic bashing, as well as glorifying some faggoth who made himself, as it were, 'an hero'.

Alas, none of this high comedy (including doctored photos that make the lead singer of Cradle Of Filth look like a paedophile) could last, as it all fell down due to the presence of 'Jessica'. Now, having e-mailed her, I can tell you she's a bit defensive and up her own arse. She's also fit as fuck. Alas, she's also half Chinese, half Canadian, which had the Aryan Storm Vikings in quite a lather when they found out. The end result was that Varg's minions took control of the site, told the useful idiots to fuck off and left an editorial declaring that anyone who disagreed was a jew and would be sent to the gas ovens. As you do.

We never had this problem with A-Ha.

Shawarma
28th November 07, 01:01 PM
Another gay thing about the guy is his adopted name, Varg, meaning "wolf." Just so he's proper norse pagan, you know.

Truculent Sheep
28th November 07, 06:09 PM
Many trolling opportunities here:

http://www.burzum.com/forum/

WarPhalange
28th November 07, 07:20 PM
Black Metal isn't worth trolling.

http://www.burzum.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=Ideas

DAYoung, you probably shouldn't click that link. It will only make you cry.

EuropIan
28th November 07, 07:30 PM
Wow that place is crappy
quote hidden because it will hurt you

BAlthough the thought has crossed my mind several times,and I have to admit that it sounds and feels attractive, I realised that ending your life is a standar way of admitting defeat in the battlefield! It's easy to run away from the challenges in life,at least easier than deciding to stand and face whatever comes.No matter if you succeed or not, you'll have tried,and I think that's what counts!Life is like a big epic campain: some battles you win,others you lose,but you must never give up,no matter how bad the situation looks.The worst enemy comes from our own psyche,is the disappointment and desperation we all sometimes experience.Life is a path full of thorns and overgrown vine,difficult to cross,but that's what makes it so wonderfull and addictive!
In our mythology,Hercules met a god-like woman who introduced herself as Glory.She showed him two paths,the one big and wide,straight and well made,full of beautifull trees and flowers.The other was dark,slippery,full of thorns and poisonous traps.She told him to choose the path he would follow,which would be the path he would also follow in life.He chose the second path without hesitation,and she told him that he chose wisey,because he chose the path of glory. It may be difficult to follow,but that's how things are,how life is! Through all the difficulties we emerge stronger,more determined and more wise.We'll meet many difficulties that may tampt us to throw the towel and quit,but we must find the strength and carry on living and fighting.So I don't consider suicide an act of a highly inteligent creature,on the opposite I consider it an act of cowardness and stupidity. Just imagine what Varg would have to do if he thought like that,being locked up in a cell based on false accusations,being the perfect scapegoat that the system was desperately looking for,so that they can charge him with all sorts of "politically incorrect" accusations and crimes.Facing this uneven battle that leads to certain defeat,having no chance even to be heard by objective judges and be treated fairly or having no chance of hoping to get even a parole after years of serving in their shithole, he should have commited suicide long ago,the only thing remaining by now would be his bones..! Instead he most probably chose to stand up and fight!If he ended his life he would do exaxctly what the system wants,it wants him silent that's why they locked him up in a hole, so that they can stop him making music and speaking his mind openly.He was going against the main-stream and everything that is different from the standards set by them is a potential danger against the hypnotised masses because it can revive them!!!So,even if the odds were against him,he chose to continue fighting with his only weapon left that still frightens them,his own existence!They may have locked him up,thus having control over his physical existence,but they have totally failed to control him spiritually,because the spirit cannot be contained by iron bars!!! Angry
For me,that's the perfect example of the triumph of will,never giving up the fight-that is life itself-no matter how poor the odds may seem.Never quit and give them the pleasure of having broken you to the core.Gather your courage and carry on,and Glory will finally be yours!!! Smiley.

Wall of text crits you for 45678908 you die

Holy crap it's like stormfront but only about black metal and depression instead of MMA-tomfoolery..

DAYoung
28th November 07, 09:25 PM
Black Metal isn't worth trolling.

http://www.burzum.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=Ideas

DAYoung, you probably shouldn't click that link. It will only make you cry.

Friedrich Nietzsche remains an enigma to this day. Rejecting objectivity, he appealed to the subjective sense of greatness and beauty in the individual in his appeal for a new society, with non-material and non-egomaniacal goals. He overthrew the illusion of morality, and defecated thoroughly upon the idea of Judeo-Christian moral supremacy. He embraced nature red in tooth and claw. Despite all of this seemingly negative outlook, much like the darkness and moribund misanthropy of black metal, his goal was ultimately one of renewal and hope for life, but one that acknowledged for life to rise we must reject the parasitic, delusional and controlling.

Some black metal bands, notably the tedious Judas Iscariot and the epic Gorgoroth, have openly embraced Nietzschean concepts like triumph of the will, the philosophical hammer, and "total war against Christianity." Others seem simply to echo the ideas he praises, such as rise of genetically supreme individuals through natural selection and a rejection of Social Darwinism, and a praise of unique native cultures worldwide. It is then quite possible that both in the first wave of black metal, and in whatever meagre remnants of it exist today, the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche have found a philosophical voice. From here (http://www.burzum.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1187800848).

Yes, because Nietzsche really liked loud, frenzied, aggressive art...

Truculent Sheep
28th November 07, 10:34 PM
Broadly speaking, black metallers are of at least above average intelligence but are far too immature, volatile, pretensious and intellectually lazy to do much with those brains. Half-baked nonsense of the kind we've been looking at is the end result.

WarPhalange
29th November 07, 02:45 AM
Any genre that takes "seeking out" will usually have listeners that are smarter than average, but that isn't saying much in the first place.

Second of all, Black Metal is just one big EPIC FAIL full of lulz.

It takes itself seriously, something that not even Slayer or Cannibal Corpse do, and they think that by burning churches something magical will happen? What?

Then there is a complete lack of a low end in the music and the face paint. If the music was any good, you wouldn't need any gimmicks.

Truculent Sheep
29th November 07, 08:03 AM
I have to admit, most BM bores me too - Black Witchery and Xasthur are exceptions and, quite fittingly, not Scandinavian. These days I get my underground jollies from Pagan Metal bands like Skyforger, Nomans Land, Moonsorrow etcetera...

WarPhalange
29th November 07, 01:46 PM
1WcsV7hQ1V4

WarPhalange
29th November 07, 07:44 PM
Now THIS is Metal!

TkQtnIUT7eQ&eurl=http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Heavy_metal

EuropIan
30th November 07, 05:52 AM
Woah..I rememberr now why I don't like black metal..I can't understand what the fuck they are saying.

And neither will you
GG4A5ch0nNc

WarPhalange
30th November 07, 05:21 PM
The 2nd clip I posted is Dying Fetus, a death metal band. Death metal totally kicks ass.

WarPhalange
30th November 07, 05:22 PM
Why are they called Red Warszawa? Warszawa is Warsaw in Polish...

Does it mean anything in Danish?

DAYoung
30th November 07, 05:24 PM
This thread has become about bad music.

Unsubscribe.

WarPhalange
30th November 07, 05:36 PM
It can't be a thread about bad music. MJS hasn't posted yet.

Also, why do those Danes in the first video have weird voices like that?

Shawarma
30th November 07, 07:25 PM
Essentially because they're not Danes, but Norwegians mimicking the very crude and ugly way the Danes speak for laffs.

Danish = Mix of old Scandinavian and Germanic
Norwegian = Mix of Danish and Old Scandinavian, closer to Old Scandinavian.
Swedish = Bastardised old Scandinavian

Three languages are nearly identical save for intonation and accent, the accents being so different tons of Scandinavians don't understand each other.

WarPhalange
30th November 07, 10:04 PM
So they use the same words, just pronounced differently? Read/write the same way, though?

No, I meant when they were speaking English, their voices sound very wierd.

Truculent Sheep
30th November 07, 10:13 PM
This thread has become about bad music.

Unsubscribe.

Silence! Back to your corner with your untrue inferior zionist poser-metal albums! Only we are truly elite!!! AAAARRRGH!

(Raids mother's make-up box for corpsepaint.)

Shawarma
1st December 07, 07:45 AM
Use mainly the same words, although there are unique words of course, slightly different grammar. In Danish, you'd say "My bicycle", in Norwegian you'd say "the bicycle mine" to indicate a bike belonging to you. Three languages look almost identical in writing when prononciation is not an issue.

The Norwegian comedians change voices for ccomedic effect. Also, they're Norwegian and therefore suck at speaking English.

They sort have a point though - Denmark, being an island kingdom, has tons of different dialects for a population of 5.5 million, some of which seem quite incomprehensible to people from other parts of the country.

EuropIan
1st December 07, 09:34 AM
Why are they called Red Warszawa? Warszawa is Warsaw in Polish...

Does it mean anything in Danish?

They're really really really really dumb

Cullion
1st December 07, 02:45 PM
They sort have a point though - Denmark, being an island kingdom

Huh?

Shawarma
1st December 07, 02:49 PM
Get out your atlas, Limey. There are Three major parts of Denmark - The islands of Sjaelland and Fyn and then there is Jylland, which is land-locked and borders Germany.

Also, interestingly eough, Denmark is the country ruling the largest areas of land in western Europe.

Greenland is Danish.

Cullion
1st December 07, 02:55 PM
Denmark's no island nation, it's a peninsula sprouting out of Germany with some overseas colonies.

Shawarma
1st December 07, 02:59 PM
Copenhagen is on Sjaelland. Sjaelland is an island. More than half of the population lives on Sjaelland and Fyn. It's an island kingdom.

Cullion
1st December 07, 03:05 PM
I suppose you think you're pretty smart, college boy. Think you can outsmart a bullet, huh?

Shawarma
1st December 07, 03:55 PM
Nope. Only dumb-dumbs.

EuropIan
1st December 07, 04:23 PM
I think Denmark has at least a thousand islands..(and yes, that's not including Greenland and faroe islands)

Cullion
1st December 07, 05:21 PM
Greenland and the Faroes don't count.

EuropIan
1st December 07, 05:33 PM
perhaps I should make the "not" bold for you cullion

Cullion
1st December 07, 05:47 PM
I think you should move to the UK so you know what it's like to live in a real island nation.

DAYoung
1st December 07, 06:27 PM
Pfft.

Australia is the REAL island nation.

Britain is more like a little coral reef, or a buoy. yes, a buoy - 'coral reef' sounds too exotic.

Yes, I came back because you stopped posting bad videos of worse music.

Cullion
1st December 07, 06:31 PM
Did you just call me 'boy'?

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

DAYoung
1st December 07, 06:40 PM
haha cullyon cant reed

lol @ u dumass

Cullion
1st December 07, 07:08 PM
haha cullyon cant reed

lol @ u dumass

Whassat boy?

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 05:22 AM
Yes, I came back because you stopped posting bad videos of worse music.

Back ye beast of the underworld!

The power of Tommy Seebach compels you!

DEV6K4bZX-o

tVfZytmZoBM

This thread is now about how incredibly bad Danes are at music in general

DAYoung
2nd December 07, 05:25 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...

DAYoung
2nd December 07, 05:27 AM
In the name of all that is holy, divine Heifetz protect me from evil.

ZRHlZho5xm8

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 05:34 AM
ok it's not all bad.. But it stopped being good a looong time ago..

Svend Asmussen - Ring Dem Bells ca. 1941 - (no video)

MBt7RwqiFyw

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 01:46 PM
Why do Jazz vocals suck so much? I've never heard a jazz song with vocals and thought "Yeah, they fit really well." It's always "God damn, shut the fuck up and let me listen to the music!"

At least with Death Metal, it's just a bunch of angry grunts (most of the time). If they had Jazz vocals that were just vocal notes, kind of like that one chick on Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (forget which songs, but you should listen to the whole album anyway), then that would be much better.

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 02:31 PM
Why do Jazz vocals suck so much? I've never heard a jazz song with vocals and thought "Yeah, they fit really well." It's always "God damn, shut the fuck up and let me listen to the music!"

At least with Death Metal, it's just a bunch of angry grunts (most of the time). If they had Jazz vocals that were just vocal notes, kind of like that one chick on Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (forget which songs, but you should listen to the whole album anyway), then that would be much better.

Bobby Mcferrin would like to tell you to shut the hell up

LtXrKo8Btfc

Edit: and to answer your question. Most jazz muscians are so geeky about their chosen instrument that it leaves little left for the vocals. Because being a vocalist is actually more dificult than just being able to carry a tune. Jazz vocals is hard as fuck.

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 04:40 PM
I've never heard good jazz vocals. The lyrics are either EXTREMELY repetative, extremly cheesy (yeah baby I love you baby yeah yeah baby love you I do), and pretty much always lack any sort of effort. What I mean by the last one is that they try too hard to seem completely nonchalant and cool. It doesn't seem natural in the least. Moreover, it seems like they just aren't trying. You don't have them exercising their voice. If it's a slow "ballad" type song, then that makes sense, but even in the fast, upbeat songs I don't hear them going along with the instruments and just going balls out with the vocals.

There's just no power in the vocals. Even the blues guys will let out a powerful yelp every now and then.

And the lyrics are utter shit.

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 04:45 PM
Show me the Bruce Dickinson of Jazz.

WM2vO7O_N7Y&feature=related

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 04:48 PM
Bobby McFerring can kiss my ass if all he can do is lousy beat-boxing.

DAYoung
2nd December 07, 04:49 PM
I don't understand you, Loops.

This is standard jazz. Touching lyrics. Beautiful singing. Nuanced backing.

NkOuLZ2zcY0

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 04:55 PM
Thanks DAY. That was great. I never heard that one.

Now find me one that's faster, upbeat, and the vocals are on the same level.

DAYoung
2nd December 07, 05:07 PM
-wzcpcA_uo0

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 05:13 PM
Bruce Dickinson is a poorly chosen example..Singing loud =/= singing good. also he is flat.
Besides, metal is mostly about the guitarists stroking their...guitars.

Jazz is about improv and music geekery in general.
Here's that 'passion' you were rambling about.. ad hoc btw.

Ella Fitzgerald
PbL9vr4Q2LU

Bobby Mcferrin isn't so much a beat boxer as he is a vocalist (remember "don't worry be happy"? all vocals). Modern beatboxing owes many things to him.

Your criticism on most jazz vocalists is still relevant. But as I said, singing jazz is sooo hard.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 05:13 PM
Don't you like any of the Ella Fitzgerald versions of 'How High the Moon' Poops ?

IXbXD2y_5ZY

I'm not a big jazz fan, but I always thought that vocal piece had classic value.

On the other hand, I also like some of that 70's Sun Ra nutty experimental stuff, so you and I probably have very different taste in music.

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 05:16 PM
Right. Something from 1936 is a great sample of Jazz.

A white guy in 1936, no less.

Phail. EPIC PHAIL.

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 05:22 PM
Stop thinking that metal is the pinnacle of musical achievement. They have some guitarists with good manual dexterity and that's it.

Then again, sometimes jazz is so obscure and stuck up its' own ass that it is like some sort of retarded ouroboros.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 05:24 PM
poop-loops was already being open-minded. He said he liked some stuff posted earlier. He likes what he likes. Musical taste isn't a right-or-wrong issue. You either like something or you don't.

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 05:25 PM
I r musical facist musical police.

damnit poops you trolled me good.

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 05:36 PM
NkOuLZ2zcY0

Ella Fitzgerald
PbL9vr4Q2LU

Don't you like any of the Ella Fitzgerald versions of 'How High the Moon' Poops ?

IXbXD2y_5ZY
So your entire evidence for Jazz having good vocals is a single woman?

Bruce Dickinson is a poorly chosen example..Singing loud =\= singing good. Dickinson is a bad singer? First person I hear say that.

Moreover, if his singing was about being loud, he'd just turn up the volume on the speakers. It's called "operatic" style, you know. Simulating opera singers.

I don't see how you can not like "Hallowed Be Thy Name"

b2za92DQOCw

Bobby Mcferrin isn't so much a beat boxer as he is a vocalist (remember "don't worry be happy"? all vocals). Modern beatboxing owes many things to him.
Which is why he can kiss my ass. Beat boxers are losers.

Your criticism on most jazz vocalists is still relevant. But as I said, singing jazz is sooo hard.

So is singing death metal. Angela Gassow practices daily and takes lessons.

RGOnOhqmmUI&feature=related

That still doesn't make them very musical in most contexts, does it? Maybe the vocals the jazz guys are doing are EXACTLY what they want and it took them years to get there. That just means that what they want is shit. I guess at that point it becomes a matter of taste.

I wouldn't fault anybody for not liking DM vocals. So I have the right to not like some guy just literally talking about how horny -- I'm sorry, in love -- he is.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 05:43 PM

I'm not smart enough to tell if you're trolling me or not but all I'm saying is that I like little bits of Jazz, not the whole genre. I'm not what you'd call a 'Jazz fan'. I like that bit though. What did you think? honestly.

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 05:47 PM
3 of you posted the same woman saying "See! Jazz is good!"

Okay, that woman is awesome and does a lot for Jazz. But give me another example.

The only reason I am going this far with Jazz is because like it's been said, the instrumentalists are really geeky about their own parts. And it works for them. I've always felt the vocalists were making the band lag behind whenever I heard a song on the radio with vocals.

For the record, this is the station I listen to:

http://www.kplu.org/

Cullion
2nd December 07, 05:51 PM
3 of you posted the same woman saying "See! Jazz is good!"

Okay, that woman is awesome and does a lot for Jazz. But give me another example.

Do you want something strange and different, involving black people from New York dressing up as egyptian pharoes and singing about outer space, from decades later?

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 05:53 PM
How is that strange and different?

EDIT: Oh, you mean black people? Yeah, I guess they are pretty strange and different.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 06:01 PM
Before I share the music with you, you need a basic introduction to the philosophy.

x0UVHsEWxYI

WarPhalange
2nd December 07, 06:02 PM
Stop thinking that metal is the pinnacle of musical achievement.

Not once did I say that. I even said I understand completely when people don't like Death Metal or the heavier stuff.

Besides that, I said I listen to Jazz, Blues, and other stuff that hasn't been mentioned here.

DAYoung
2nd December 07, 06:03 PM

Phail. EPIC PHAIL.

Now you're just being silly.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 06:03 PM
I am about to show you the final phase of the evolution of Jazz, and I want you to be ready.

Cullion
2nd December 07, 06:05 PM
mqWPl0AexnA

Win.

Shawarma
2nd December 07, 06:46 PM
The final evolution in Jazz sounds like a computer game from 1980?

Cullion
2nd December 07, 07:08 PM
No, computer games from 1980 sound like the final stage of Jazz.

EuropIan
2nd December 07, 07:08 PM

we all thought of the same woman, because she is really good.

Dickinson is a bad singer? First person I hear say that.

Moreover, if his singing was about being loud, he'd just turn up the volume on the speakers. It's called "operatic" style, you know. Simulating opera singers.

I don't see how you can not like "Hallowed Be Thy Name"

First song you presented he was slightly off key, not always his fault. live perfomrances can be difficult.

Hallowed by thy name doesn't get good untill 2:00 then it turns into guitar masturbation. Good ole fashioned big-hair tight leather pants guitar masturbation, I've never really had a problem here.

Which is why he can kiss my ass. Beat boxers are losers.

I'm not going to disagree here. Just going to point out that's not what he does.
Then you're going to point out he's making drum noises with his mouth. To which I'll say that's not his emphasis unlike spluttermachines.

So is singing death metal. Angela Gassow practices daily and takes lessons.

That still doesn't make them very musical in most contexts, does it? Maybe the vocals the jazz guys are doing are EXACTLY what they want and it took them years to get there. That just means that what they want is shit. I guess at that point it becomes a matter of taste.

I wouldn't fault anybody for not liking DM vocals. So I have the right to not like some guy just literally talking about how horny -- I'm sorry, in love -- he is.

What's she's doing there is very impressive technically,
and yes that would sound like ass a capella.
Jazz is dificult in a different way, I'm sure you know this since you've probably practised their weird scales

I think I read an article about her, if it is her she had to take a long break because she was growling wrong and it was eating her vocal chords.

I just pointed out your first example was underwhelming.

Not once did I say that. I even said I understand completely when people don't like Death Metal or the heavier stuff.

Besides that, I said I listen to Jazz, Blues, and other stuff that hasn't been mentioned here.

Your tone got to me.. I see now you were just trolling to get some stuff you could check out (and berate).

That said.

Everybody wants to be a cat

rkwKz7KlLBY

billy sol hurok
2nd December 07, 07:11 PM
Win.
LOL.

"Is it okay to spin here?" </Sandy>

Anyway, I have a soft spot for Eddie Jefferson. Couldn't find "Moody's Mood For Love" so you're gonna have to make due with "Bennie's From Heaven":

xmK9GBojLEk

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th December 07, 10:21 PM

Phail. EPIC PHAIL.

The track was from the Mills Brothers, who are very good and very black. They had a gimmick of providing the brass sounds with their voices.

ruLIkHIIuwE

Cab Calloway was a fantastic vocalist.

D44pyeEvhcQ

Oscar Aleman was a guitarist first and singer second, but he was great at it and had a fairly unique scat style.

trs744yII-I

Boswell Sisters are great and as an added bonus you can often hear Eddie Lang playing accompaniment.

hwByDFAHB74

The Cats and the Fiddle were a vocal jive group similar to The Spirits of Rhythm. A lot of their material sounds suspiciously similar to early rock.

SEQ9Sz0UCl8

WarPhalange
7th December 07, 12:16 AM
The track was from the Mills Brothers, who are very good and very black. They had a gimmick of providing the brass sounds with their voices.

ruLIkHIIuwE

LOL YOU LISTEN TO EMO???

I honestly don't care about anything else in the thread. It is now about you listening to Emo.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th December 07, 02:19 AM
You listen to Dragonforce.

Steve
7th December 07, 03:50 AM
*cough*

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/l_2fb8e2c8ab659ccda2c8b38d9fcbbf38.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th December 07, 04:53 AM
i don't remember it being that blurry

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th December 07, 04:57 AM
but the guitar was a nice touch, i applaud myself on the attention to detail. if i had a black one it would have been even more suitable.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th December 07, 03:25 AM
vveQ4Es9tJY
iuu0nmK_1S8
IM1AHISwtCg

WarPhalange
8th December 07, 03:32 AM
You listen to Dragonforce.

Actually, I don't. I listened to one of their albums once (instead of a song here, a song there) and concluded that it is actually just one song.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th December 07, 03:51 AM
qMwUuS4CFT8