PDA

View Full Version : The Stupid Americans thread

Steve
24th November 07, 06:59 PM
Alright, post any videos of Americans being stupid here. Doesn't have to follow the theme of the video I'm posting, any type of stupidity (either by action or by intelligence) is valid.

I'll start with a video that a German friend of mine sent me (the classic Brit asking ridiculously easy questions on the streets of the good ol USA):

WCoVaeYHzWA

Cullion
24th November 07, 07:03 PM
I'll start with a video that a German friend of mine sent me (the classic Brit asking ridiculously easy questions on the streets of the good ol USA):

That's an Australasian accent you dumb fuck.

Steve
24th November 07, 07:05 PM
LOL

This thread is off to a good start.

Truculent Sheep
24th November 07, 08:14 PM
Americans just need to travel more, be more curious and sack 90% of their teachers for being so utterly fucking shit.

Steve
24th November 07, 08:39 PM
Americans just need to travel more

What's really funny is that I've been to Australia twice and I still fucked up on guessing the accent.

Shawarma
24th November 07, 08:47 PM
I did like the first guy who said Ugoslavia. Quick thinker, lousy speller.

Neildo
24th November 07, 08:51 PM
kLXRVvA6T9k
NFqzBiLBwM8

SpringHeeledJack
24th November 07, 09:50 PM
I wonder how many people got those questions right and therefore didn't get put on the clip? I know there are a lot of stupid people here, but fucking come on. I'm by no means a genius, but I knew the answers to every one of those questions.

Steve
24th November 07, 10:06 PM
Well, of course you would know where the chicken in KFC comes from.

WarPhalange
24th November 07, 10:19 PM
OH NOES!!!! HOW DO GET SMART?????

NoMan
24th November 07, 10:23 PM
I wonder how many people got those questions right and therefore didn't get put on the clip? I know there are a lot of stupid people here, but fucking come on. I'm by no means a genius, but I knew the answers to every one of those questions.

There was a comedian on Jay Leno that parodied his "in the streets interview", where average people correctly answered difficult questions. I imagine there's plenty of that. There's also a psychological effect that things we never think about tend to become almost unconscious. E.g. most people put on their ties without thinking about it, so if you ask them what color their tie is, they usually can't tell you without looking down.

WarPhalange
24th November 07, 10:26 PM
God Damn NoMan, you're on a roll today.

Sun Wukong
24th November 07, 10:29 PM
Is now the right time for a 'slow clap'?

kungfujew
24th November 07, 11:28 PM
Is now the right time for a 'slow clap'?

Scoot off fervently to the men's room enough times and you'll know there's nothing slow about the clap.

bob
24th November 07, 11:41 PM
That's an Australasian accent you dumb fuck.

Please tell me you can distinguish between an Australian and New Zealand accent.

Also, I've posted this video before. Stupid Americans.

This is the Chaser, the guys who were responsible for infiltrating the recent APEC conference security in a limo dressed as Osama Bin Laden.

Cullion
25th November 07, 05:17 AM
Please tell me you can distinguish between an Australian and New Zealand accent.

No, I can't. I've never visited Australia or New Zealand. Jim Robinson from Neighbours was played by a New Zealander, and I couldn't tell the difference between him and the rest of the cast.

I vaguely knew one guy from New Zealand at University. His accent sounded less strong than an Australian accent, but I haven't listened to enough kiwi's speak to pick up any reliable ways of telling them from Australians.

Don "Jive Turkey" Gwinn
25th November 07, 11:44 AM
I'm trying to be nice here, but seriously, who the fuck cares whether somebody can tell the difference between two closely-related accents from the opposite end of the globe. When will that EVER matter?

(And yes, I think I could tell. Australians are the drunk ones and Kiwis are the ones with no vowels, right?)

bad credit
25th November 07, 12:05 PM
Can somebody post the entire Borat movie?

Olorin
25th November 07, 01:26 PM
Can somebody post the entire Borat movie?

Or his show where he did the same thing in England...

Cullion
25th November 07, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to be nice here, but seriously, who the fuck cares whether somebody can tell the difference between two closely-related accents from the opposite end of the globe. When will that EVER matter?

How American.

Shawarma
25th November 07, 03:05 PM
Personally, I get an urge to boot people in the colon when they mistake the Scandinavian gibberish I speak for German. It doesn't sound even remotely German. So distinguishing dialects IS important.

bob
25th November 07, 03:28 PM
I once had an American get very excited when she overheard me speak in a queue.

"Hey, that's a Chicago accent! I'm from Chicago too!"
"Um, no, I'm not."
"Hey, what part of Chicago are you from?"
"Australia."

It seriously took me several minutes to convince her that I wasn't even American.

Cullion
25th November 07, 03:31 PM
She was trying to hit on you.

Steve
26th November 07, 03:56 AM
No, I can't. I've never visited Australia or New Zealand. Jim Robinson from Neighbours was played by a New Zealander, and I couldn't tell the difference between him and the rest of the cast.

I vaguely knew one guy from New Zealand at University. His accent sounded less strong than an Australian accent, but I haven't listened to enough kiwi's speak to pick up any reliable ways of telling them from Australians.

LOL, Fuck off.

But double fuck off for me, since I went to Oz those two times because I was dating a kiwi who lived there.

But in my defense, kiwis sound more British than Aussies, IMO.

EuropIan
26th November 07, 04:13 AM
Personally, I get an urge to boot people in the colon when they mistake the Scandinavian gibberish I speak for German. It doesn't sound even remotely German. So distinguishing dialects IS important.

Americans are spoiled by funny stereotypes. And therefore expect all Scandinavians to speak like this.

mbs64GvGgPU

I also have a hard time distinguishing between Kiwi and Aussie dialect.

Steve
26th November 07, 04:16 AM
LOL, no, I've always thought that he was Swedish.

EuropIan
26th November 07, 04:21 AM
But Sweden is the capital of Copenhagen, no?

Steve
26th November 07, 04:39 AM
Uh.... yes?

EuropIan
26th November 07, 04:49 AM
I remember one time when asked where I lived by an American, I said: "Denmark". She said "Delaware?" and began talking about she had family there.

/facepalm

Steve
26th November 07, 05:31 AM
I'm going to keep posting: LOL

Until someone tells me to stop.

EuropIan
26th November 07, 05:48 AM
I'm going to keep posting: LOL

you don' even know what that means anymore, do you?