PDA

View Full Version : $20 says Boston is going to win the World Series tonight.

Steve
28th October 07, 08:30 PM
So, it's 1-0 Boston, 4th inning.

I guess I'm not gonna put much more into this thread since no one has bothered to mention the World Series at all this past week.

I normally don't care that much about it but this year I have a couple friends that are hardcore Red Sox fans. There energy must be rubbing off on me I guess, would explain why I'm actually watching the game right now (well, it's on my TV but I'm mostly just mucking around online).

SpringHeeledJack
28th October 07, 08:43 PM
I'm a pretty hardcore Sox fan. I just never mentioned it because I thought none of you geeky mother fuckers would have the slightest idea what a baseball even is. Plus, that would be a dumbfuck bet to put your money on. They've already wiped the floor with the Rockies the first three games. I fully expect it to be a sweep.

Steve
28th October 07, 08:47 PM
Yeah, yeah. The thread is about if they are going to win tonight and as a bonus, it gets some action in the SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS forum.

That's about it. So don't be hating on my bet ploy to start this thread, I don't watch baseball so I'm working with what I got...

PizDoff
28th October 07, 08:50 PM
And yet, an immensely boring game that is only mildly interesting at playoff time is the so-called American national sport.

SpringHeeledJack
28th October 07, 08:50 PM
I get you, Steve.

WarPhalange
28th October 07, 08:51 PM
God I hate team sports. You throw a ball and the assholes on the team chase it like dogs. Yeah, that's something to be proud of -- chasing after balls.

Steve
28th October 07, 09:01 PM
God I hate team sports. You throw a ball and the assholes on the team chase it like dogs. Yeah, that's something to be proud of -- chasing after balls.

Didn't we have that thread months ago?

Steve
28th October 07, 10:13 PM
4-1 Boston, 8th inning.

I'm so gonna love having $20.

Steve
28th October 07, 11:06 PM
THEY WON.

WHERE'S MY $20???

ironlurker
29th October 07, 01:06 AM
THEY WON.

WHERE'S MY $20???

Dear Most Respectable Sir,

We are now being in possession of your 20$ at the government ministry of department for remuneration of monetary funds. If your are feeling it necessary to desire the remuneration of yourself as soon as quickly possible, please be aware of legal processes and forward ourselves a small amount deposit of 15$ for the transmission through channels of government appropriateness.

Yours truly,
Emile Obinna
Nigerian Ambassador to Myanmar

WorldWarCheese
29th October 07, 03:12 AM
YEAH!!! GO SOX!!! Fucking INTENSE game. I was practically shitting bricks even after Pap got on the mound. Poor Okie, he's done so well but was so over-worked that he got a little tired the last couple games...

Either way, FUCKING WORLD FUCKING SERIES!!!! YANKEES SUCK!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th October 07, 03:12 AM
My brother had a $2 bet at 200:1 odds on whatever team that just lost.

Sun Wukong
29th October 07, 03:37 AM
If ever there was a team that deserved two world series wins in 4 years it's the Red Sox.

JohnnyCache
29th October 07, 04:32 AM
It is so fun to sit in a poker tournament full of pro-rockies gamblers and watch them all

It is so fun to cheer for boston in that room

WorldWarCheese
29th October 07, 04:40 AM
I spend a lot of time trolling boards, but I gotta say my favorite troll job is on Indians/Rockies boards, simply because once everyone sees you're a Sox Fan: They call in Yankee Fans to argue with you (Notice how tonight the Rockies had a "Yank-me Wannabe" pinstripe jersey?)

Also, look at the arial scenes of the park during the celebration: There was a significant number of Sox Fans in Colorado that night, even more than I had expected (I hear tho' that tickets are wicked cheap in comparison to Fenway, so maybe I shouldn't be...)

WorldWarCheese
29th January 08, 04:57 AM
Just for the record: The Sox Won.

Steve
29th January 08, 02:39 PM
Just for the record: The Sox Won.

THEY WON.

WHERE'S MY $20???

Yeah, so where's my money???

WorldWarCheese
29th January 08, 04:40 PM
Yeah, like someone from Mass would bet against the Sox. Ask the other loosers 'round here :P