PDA

View Full Version : A Very Large, Hairy Frenchman Batters Crap Out Of Other Rugby Players.

Truculent Sheep
10th October 07, 11:42 AM
While most Sociociders (and indeed Bullshidokas) aren't big fans of the French, hairy rugby player Sébastien 'The Beast' Chabal surely deserves some love...

And a round of applause for his takedowns:

HuUFL1xis7s

Even the Torygraph (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby/article2625199.ece) loves him...

...Off the field, he has had just as big an impact over the past few weeks. His imposing features — straggly beard and long, unkempt hair — have glared down from billboards all over France, earning him the nickname “The Caveman” and making him an iconic figure of his country’s World Cup. He has attracted thousands of French women to rugby — they are known as les Chabalistes — and has been voted the sexiest player of the tournament, described by one of his fans as “the antithesis of metrosexuality”...

...At 6ft 3in and 18st, he is not unusually large for an international forward, but, the beard and the hair aside, virtually everything else is muscle. “He has an incredibly low body fat reading,” Johnston said. “His percentage is around 7.5, whereas most professional players have about 14 per cent. When he first came to us three years ago, he weighed 107kg and he now weighs 115kg, but he’s very lean, so it’s all the right sort of weight”...

...“When he wrestles against Sébastien Bruno [the Sale and France hooker], all the lads stop training to watch because it’s a real battle. And he once dead-lifted the same weights as Andrew Sheridan, which doesn’t happen very often. We also have our players pulling our Ford Transit kit van with a bungee rope around their waist. Sébastien is very, very good at that.”

Discuss.

Yiktin Voxbane
10th October 07, 12:57 PM
Thats a fucking HUGE hit .... no padding either ...

I used to play tight-end prop (front row of scrum, off-centre, would have an opposition player each side of my head) and have had my head hit out of the scrum but as much as that hurt, it aint a patch on that clip .

Guessing the guy that got hit had little to no enjoyment of food for 24 hrs, probably pissed blood too.

HELLUVA GAME !

Shawarma
10th October 07, 01:05 PM
THIS.....IS......RUGBYYYYY!

WarPhalange
10th October 07, 05:48 PM
It's in the hair.

Zendetta
10th October 07, 06:13 PM
Fuck yeah its about the hair!!!

Between this guy and the TechnoViking, I'm thinking the Europeans are getting back to their roots as Unshorn Barbarians.

ironlurker
10th October 07, 09:24 PM
Now I really do know what Jesus would do.

bob
10th October 07, 10:01 PM
It's Obelix!

http://www.scifi-universe.com/upload/medias/dessin_anime/asterix_chez_breton_aff.jpg

DAYoung
11th October 07, 04:50 AM
Fantastic.

"So I was running, eh, and then BAM! This werewolf jus' wacks me bro."

kismasher
11th October 07, 10:18 AM
i'm still waiting for the awe inspiring hit. oh, i found it...

bRae7IEfhAc

SpringHeeledJack
11th October 07, 10:34 AM
Who would have thought NIN and football go together so well?

GreenHornet
11th October 07, 04:37 PM
lJAqUIlQACY
LOL!

Kein Haar
11th October 07, 05:07 PM
That was certainly candid.

DAYoung
11th October 07, 05:11 PM
Meh.

He obviously speaks English. His unwillingness to accommodate someone who doesn't speak French seems a bit petty.

"Mon Dieu, La Grande Menace Anglaise!"

*posture, posture*

Kein Haar
11th October 07, 05:14 PM
Does this odd brand of nationalism make french women twiddle themselves or something?

DAYoung
11th October 07, 05:15 PM
On second thought, I applaud his patriotism.

Kein Haar
11th October 07, 05:17 PM
That's right.

Cullion
11th October 07, 05:20 PM
The French and the English have had a rivalry running for centuries. Nowadays it's mostly in humour, but many french people still have a real chip on their shoulder about English being so widely spoken around the world, especially in business.

They have an academic institution called the Academie Francaise which is staffed by extremely reactionary old professors of french language and literature. A big part of it's job is thinking up properly french words for new things like computers etc.. They regularly villify the younger and more cosmopolitan french for using a creole of French with English words in it called Franglais, e.g. using phrases like 'Le Weekend'.

DAYoung
11th October 07, 05:26 PM
I actually admire their attempts to maintain the autonomy of their language. But refusing to speak English to English-speakers is a silly way to do this.

Cullion
11th October 07, 05:42 PM
Well, the way they see it, we should be speaking french to them. It's a pride thing.

DAYoung
11th October 07, 05:43 PM
I know. And I'm saying it's silly.

Cullion
11th October 07, 05:55 PM
I know. And I'm saying it's silly.

It's all about your value system. On the one hand we won the battle of Waterloo. On the other hand they have better food and dirtier women. I'm on the fence on this one.

Shawarma
11th October 07, 05:56 PM
To be fair, the English spew as great an amount of bile at the French. lol at him not wanting to speak English, though. What exactly does he call the SPORT HE PLAYS without using English?

DAYoung
11th October 07, 05:59 PM
According to an opinion poll taken last spring, sex is considered to be an important part of life by only 17% of French people, well below the European average. The one-third of Frenchmen admitting to having known periods where their sexual life was affected by “accidents” such as impotence was higher than the 19% reported in Britain, although considerably lower than Italy’s 43%.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article717129.ece

DAYoung
11th October 07, 06:01 PM
What exactly does he call the SPORT HE PLAYS without using English?

Gaul Boule?

Coup-de-pied Français?

Shawarma
11th October 07, 06:04 PM
Tapis-By?

Cullion
11th October 07, 06:05 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article717129.ece

Meh, no surprise that any random british guy would be less likely to admit to impotence, or even notice than a Frenchman or Italian.

This is a staunchily grim protestant country making the transition to feeling allowed to have pleasure over the last 35 years. We're doing it in a clumsy fashion so rather than appearing enlightened, young brits just seem drunk and trashy in their sexuality. Somewhat like trailerpark white-trash americans, but with better public housing and healthcare provision. It's probably part of a longer cultural cycle. The Victorian era is now truly over and Hogarth's 'Gin Lane' is well on its way back.

DAYoung
11th October 07, 06:18 PM
Well put.

We met some 'liberated' English women in Greece.

*shudder*

Cullion
11th October 07, 06:23 PM
That said, if you ever visit, I can get you a cheap BJ from a girl with a plausible fake tan and all her own (crooked) teeth. It's not all bad.

Shawarma
11th October 07, 06:23 PM
Your average Brit looks like the result of a genetic experient gone wrong, possibly combined with crazy levels of incest and loving beatdowns with the ugly-stick. I shudder at the thought of these creatures being sexually liberated.

DAYoung
11th October 07, 06:26 PM
That said, if you ever visit, I can get you a cheap BJ from a girl with a plausible fake tan and all her own (crooked) teeth. It's not all bad.

Umm. Can I go to the Tate instead?

It's not that I'm not grateful. I really am.

Honest.

Cullion
11th October 07, 06:28 PM
Your average Brit looks like the result of a genetic experient gone wrong, possibly combined with crazy levels of incest and loving beatdowns with the ugly-stick. I shudder at the thought of these creatures being sexually liberated.

Meh, Your average brit isn't very inbred compared to a rural American or Australian from similar basic genetic stock. We also tend to eat a less shitty diet than the average American. But we exercise and groom ourselves less than both on average.

Shawarma
11th October 07, 06:31 PM
What's up with English people's teeth? I've seen more badly aligned and miscoloured teeth in the UK than in the rest of western Europe. Are you too proud to go to dentists or something?

Cullion
11th October 07, 06:34 PM
What's up with English people's teeth? I've seen more badly aligned and miscoloured teeth in the UK than in the rest of western Europe. Are you too proud to go to dentists or something?

I honestly don't know. Americans I know have often remarked that they were surprised at my teeth being so even and in good condition. I was one of the lucky ones who by nature didn't need anything correcting. I mentioned in the 'Bush on healthcare' thread that brits seem more culturally inclined to ignore medical problems unless they are obvious and serious. Wonky teeth are simply tolerated and ignored t o a higher degree here.

Lu Tze
11th October 07, 08:44 PM
It's because we're not superficial cunts.

Edit: sorry, did I say that out loud?

WarPhalange
11th October 07, 09:19 PM
The French and the English have had a rivalry running for centuries. Nowadays it's mostly in humour, but many french people still have a real chip on their shoulder about English being so widely spoken around the world, especially in business.

That's because French sounds like diarrhea coming out of someone's mouth.

Whereas English is one of the easier languages to speak.

They have an academic institution called the Academie Francaise which is staffed by extremely reactionary old professors of french language and literature. A big part of it's job is thinking up properly french words for new things like computers etc.. They regularly villify the younger and more cosmopolitan french for using a creole of French with English words in it called Franglais, e.g. using phrases like 'Le Weekend'.

They tried to pass a law in Poland where you'd only be able to use Polish words to name products, i.e. stuff like Dreamcast or Margaret Astor would have to be translated to Polish. Needless to say, it never passed, since most Poles say things like "weekend", "okay", "sorry", etc.

GreenHornet
11th October 07, 10:03 PM
I like how this thread went from "Bad ass hairy french guy" to "french people hate anglo-saxons" to "brits are ugly" and back to "french sounds like diarreha"...

Well done.

bob
12th October 07, 04:51 AM
Anyone thinking they've been exposed to language nazism should try living in North Wales for a while. They have th3 r34l language nazism.

And to put that clip in context, England are playing France in a World Cup semi final this weekend so he's not likely to be in a particularly accomodating mindset towards the English.

danno
12th October 07, 05:22 AM
when did andrei arlovski start playing rugby?

i'm still waiting for the awe inspiring hit. oh, i found it...

bRae7IEfhAc

interesting - a pillow fight between teams of marshmellow men.

TASTE THE PWN, FEELTHY EMERIKUNS

DAYoung
12th October 07, 05:44 AM
T3h D4nn0 is BACK.

Truculent Sheep
12th October 07, 05:54 AM

No - we simply don't concern ourselves with having teeth like the fucking Osmonds. Apparently, it's all a bit shallow...

Truculent Sheep
12th October 07, 05:55 AM
I like how this thread went from "Bad ass hairy french guy" to "french people hate anglo-saxons" to "brits are ugly" and back to "french sounds like diarreha"...

Well done.

Indeed, let's get back on track and ponder how 'La Bete' would fare in The Cage...

danno
12th October 07, 05:57 AM
T3h D4nn0 is BACK.

but not quite in full force yet. still haven't got an internet connection at home, i'm sorting that out. once that happens, you can doubtlessly expect an avalanche of puerile left wing skullduggery.

Truculent Sheep
12th October 07, 05:57 AM
Anyone thinking they've been exposed to language nazism should try living in North Wales for a while. They have th3 r34l language nazism.

Ironic, given all the Scousers that live there.

And besides, the Welsh are just the Irish who couldn't swim...

DAYoung
12th October 07, 06:11 AM
but not quite in full force yet. still haven't got an internet connection at home, i'm sorting that out. once that happens, you can doubtlessly expect an avalanche of puerile left wing skullduggery.

Its military designation is APpLeS.

"General, APpLeS is ready for deployment."

"Well, alright. Let's Danno them, son. FIRE!"

http://www.biblehelp.org/images/missile%20launcher%201.jpg

Cullion
12th October 07, 06:14 AM
Ironic, given all the Scousers that live there.

And besides, the Welsh are just the Irish who couldn't swim...

The Scots and Irish came up from Spain. The Welsh are from France.

Cullion
12th October 07, 06:22 AM
It's because we're not superficial cunts.

Edit: sorry, did I say that out loud?

Then why is 'Celebrity Big Brother' so popular ?

Lu Tze
12th October 07, 09:51 AM
Good point, I concede. We are in fact a nation of vapid anti-intellectuals.

But we learned it from the Americans.

Truculent Sheep
12th October 07, 09:51 AM
The Scots and Irish came up from Spain. The Welsh are from France.

Yes, and apparently not all blondes are stupid, not all Jewish mothers are amusingly tragic and some Essex Girls are really chaste...

Who'd of thought it?

Cullion
12th October 07, 09:56 AM
Good point, I concede. We are in fact a nation of vapid anti-intellectuals.

But we learned it from the Americans.

We sent Benny Hill to them. Years ago.

Cullion
12th October 07, 09:57 AM
Whilst they were putting men on the moon, we were making :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/100000/images/_104760_james.jpg

Yes, Sid James taught me everything I know about picking up women. I'm not proud of it.

Cullion
12th October 07, 10:03 AM
Umm. Can I go to the Tate instead?

It's not that I'm not grateful. I really am.

Honest.

You better show a bit more enthusiasm when a british host offers you his wife like that. They might think you're being rude.

DAYoung
12th October 07, 03:07 PM
You better show a bit more enthusiasm when a british host offers you his wife like that. They might think you're being rude.

It's OK. I'll take them all to a vindaloo to show my gratitude.

Yiktin Voxbane
12th October 07, 09:44 PM
Sid James was a Sth African ......