PDA

View Full Version : Police chase with astounding finish

Stick
23rd September 07, 06:50 PM
Can't embed this unfortunately.

Good lord. (http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/index.jsp?showid=378811)

The story. (http://www.wlwt.com/news/14010731/detail.html)

BLUE ASH, Ohio -- Daryl Black said all he wanted was a ride to the store. What he got instead was the wildest ride of his life.

Already, he's having nightmares.

"I thought I was a goner," Black said.

Black was riding with Charles Bennett when Blue Ash police tried to pull Bennett over for erratic driving near Sycamore High School.

Instead, Bennett made a run for it.

Wednesday night, Black watched the dashcam video from the Blue Ash cruisers that chased Bennett early Tuesday morning.

"What I am thinking here is, 'Get me out of this car you're going to kill us," he said.

Black said he didn't know that the car was stolen. He said that he tried to grab the wheel, but couldn't.

Black said Bennett never said a word during the entire chase.

Eventually, after being hit by police cruisers at least twice, Bennett's car stopped and an officer jumped on the hood of the car, firing through the windshield.

"I thought I was a dead man, you know? I thought he was going to shoot me when he was up on that thing. I kept on saying 'No, no, no, don't shoot!" Black said.

Bennett died at Bethesda North Hospital, but Black was unharmed and police quickly determined he was an innocent bystander.

"Going through a chase and then watching an officer shoot several shots in a window, when you think the next bullet is for you, it's unreal," Black said.

The three officers who fired shots during the pursuit are on administrative leave.

Blue Ash policy permits deadly force if a suspect uses a vehicle as deadly weapon, and officers said Bennett tried to run them down.

A preliminary investigation show that officers followed department procedure, and authorities said conclusive findings would be released at the conclusion of two investigations.

Cullion
23rd September 07, 06:58 PM
That'll teach the motherfucker to heckle at a Republican fundraiser.

Stick
23rd September 07, 06:58 PM
Oh too right.

After all, he was only exercising his constitutional right to steal cars and run over cops.

Cullion
23rd September 07, 07:00 PM
Oh too right.

After all, he was only exercising his constitutional right to steal cars and run over cops.

I can see you've been studying since I put you right on that last one.

Stick
23rd September 07, 07:05 PM
Sometimes I love you. Sometimes I loathe you.

/implodes

WarPhalange
23rd September 07, 07:06 PM
Wow, that last bit was something out of GTA or Hitman.

DAYoung
23rd September 07, 07:21 PM
Umm. Necessary force?

Stick
23rd September 07, 07:26 PM
He tried to ram squad cars and later officers on foot, that's deadly force.

Neildo
23rd September 07, 07:30 PM
I nominate that cop for badass of the month.

Arhetton
23rd September 07, 08:02 PM
its only ramming cops because they jump in front of the vehicle. You don't think there was a way to get the stolen car back and catch the perp without killing him?

Arhetton
23rd September 07, 08:05 PM
its getting old this dilemma. the cops try harder and harder to arrest/catch someone, and the person gets more desperate to get away, and so it escalates and the cops keep using more force and the person tries harder to get away and eventually something like this happens.

WarPhalange
23rd September 07, 08:35 PM
So you're saying they should skip all that and just kill the guy the first chance they get?

SFGOON
23rd September 07, 10:18 PM
The best part is the cop looks bored out of his skull while ghost ridin AND bustin a cap.

PizDoff
24th September 07, 12:39 AM
Yeah I thought so, this is a bit old.

There was some online speculation that it was this guy that got dusted.
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=1575

Cullion
24th September 07, 05:00 AM
So you're saying they should skip all that and just kill the guy the first chance they get?

In the UK they generally follow them with a helicopter and direct patrol cars to lay tire-bursting stuff in their path. High-speed pursuits are avoided as a rule.

Yah, we're liberal euro-faggots, I know.

DAYoung
24th September 07, 05:03 AM
In the UK they generally follow them with a helicopter and direct patrol cars to lay tire-bursting stuff in their path. High-speed pursuits are avoided as a rule.

Anything that doesn't lead to gunshots is an obstacle to freedom.

Yiktin Voxbane
24th September 07, 08:05 AM
That Police officer was practising Ballistic Bukake .

billy sol hurok
24th September 07, 10:32 AM
I can see you've been studying since I put you right on that last one.

Cullion has t3h r34l Con Law, lol.

SFGOON
24th September 07, 10:46 AM

Yes you are, and if you guys don't man the fuck up soon you're going to get invaded by the French, AGAIN!! We'll just sit back and laugh at you guys, no US bail-out this time no way.

Arhetton
24th September 07, 11:06 AM
my proposed solution to this issue, is really not complicated

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Batman%20Integral.jpg

this is a problem batman figured out ages ago

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/batman/thebatman-cartoon/bat-tools.jpg

What about firing a little tracking device onto/into the car, and then you can follow it from a distance. No one has to get hurt, you can even let the criminal think he's gotten away.

The police don't have to endanger themselves or escalate the situation, the criminal doesn't get shot and killed. Maybe the criminal gets away, but you get the car back, which is kind of the whole point.

That kind of device would be easy to build, you could mount it on the bonnet of a police car so that it just has to drive up behind the stolen car once, fire and then follow from a distance.

kUVRg1gKrkw

great movie, i was hoping they showed the part where he uses the car tracker but they dont :(

Cullion
24th September 07, 11:07 AM
Yes you are, and if you guys don't man the fuck up soon you're going to get invaded by the French, AGAIN!! We'll just sit back and laugh at you guys, no US bail-out this time no way.

We have that eventuality covered with a cunning mix of British frugality and foresight.

Terrible restaurants. There's nothing here for them.