PDA

View Full Version : Governor Shwarzenegger: Would he get your vote?

Goojeanleans
25th July 03, 01:25 PM
I'm thoroughly convinced that one doesn't need to be so qualified to be a good governor. Look at all the qualifications Gray Davis had and what a clusterfuck of a job he did here.

I'd relish the chance to finally get to vote for someone I respect and whom I've heard of sooner than 6 months before election time. Really it's about being a good leader and delegating responsibility wisely, which anybody with good people skills can do. I know Arnie has good people skills and garners respect. I hope he runs; he's got my vote.

LLL
25th July 03, 01:32 PM
Please do not vote for him. In Finland some cracksmokers got Tony Halme (of WWF/UFC fame) into the parliament... The results are something... Interesting...

Choke
25th July 03, 03:08 PM
Gray Davis is an obsolete model.

MrYoya
25th July 03, 04:01 PM
If we're gonna have a fuckup in office he might as well be entertaining. I'll vote for him.

Fighty McGee
25th July 03, 05:36 PM
Sure! Let's all vote for an uber-body-building, ham-fisted actor (apparently incapable of demonstrating emotional range beyond surprise and anger, both of which may serve him well as governor), who is also a registered Republican of Austrian birth and upbringing, married to a minor Kennedy, that happens to be a major news-anchor. Sounds like it can't go wrong! Go for it!

Phoenix
25th July 03, 05:39 PM
If Schwarzenegger ran for office, that would show major guts on his part.

Just given all that Fighty just mentioned, plus all the other dirt that certain media figures will no doubt dig up on him, it'd be a media circus.

To run for office would equate to presenting his balls for a swift kicking by the public.

"You can't cast aspersions on someone because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say something bad about him." - Jerry Seinfeld

Choke
25th July 03, 06:59 PM
Yeah it's a pretty big gamble. His career still has potency left though. He looked incredible in T3.

Goojeanleans
26th July 03, 01:24 AM
He'd be fine. A guy like Arnold would take any criticism with a smile and get even more votes for having a good sense of humor about it.

Boyd
26th July 03, 01:33 AM
If I have to choose between a killer robot from the future and a non-killer fundraising robot, I'm going for the one with better catchphrases.

Humans rule. Dolphins can suck it.

Choke
26th July 03, 02:10 AM
cybernetic organism

deus ex machina
26th July 03, 02:31 AM
"Da enahgee crihsis is explohding! GET DAOWN!! GEET DAOOOWNNNNN!! AUGHGHGGH!"

~
danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Mercurius
26th July 03, 03:33 AM
I'll ask you one more time: Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

deus ex machina
26th July 03, 03:55 AM
My mom says my dad is a sex machine.

~
danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Boyd
26th July 03, 12:10 PM
If I was running against Arnold, all I'd do is play that one clip from Kindergarten Cop where Arnold screams at the class full of children. Of course, that may be a risky move considering Arnold could counter with a clip from Terminator 2: Judgement Day where he sacrificies his own life to save the future. Not one to be beaten by a goddamned cyborg, I'd counter with a clip of Terminator 1, showing him blowing away an entire police station. Arnold would then, in turn, show a scene from Pumping Iron where he lifts weights (we're running out of movies at this point). Sensing my opponent to be off balance, I finish him off just by showing all of Batman and Robin.

Maybe that's why Maria doesn't want him running for governor.

Fighty McGee
26th July 03, 12:54 PM
Twins

*sobs quietly in fetal position*

Goojeanleans
26th July 03, 01:16 PM
"Governor, our reports show the economy isn't swinging back the way you said it would."

"I hope you didn't eat too much lunch, because I'm going to lram my feest into your stomach!"

LLL
26th July 03, 01:17 PM
Twins

*sobs quietly in fetal position*

Hey hey hey, what was that sequel where Arnie gets pregnant? I haven't seen it, but I'd guess it is even worse than Twins, however much that seems to be against the known laws of the universe...

Boyd
26th July 03, 01:51 PM
JUNIOR!

Choke
26th July 03, 05:32 PM
"I hope you didn't eat too much lunch, because I'm going to lram my feest into your stomach!"

Get the quote right!

"I hope you left room for my fist because im going to ram it into you stomach!"

"I finish him off just by showing all of Batman and Robin."

BULLSHIT! AH-nuld would then show Conan hacking the head off of Thulsa Doom and brandishing it in front his followers!

DanDavis
26th July 03, 06:10 PM
I'd vote for him.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Jenfucius
26th July 03, 10:10 PM
i'm waiting for carl weathers to run for governer to make it a predator muscleman trifecta.

"and our current governor...oh i'm sorry, this is so embarassing! i forgot his name! but i'm sure the voters of california will have no trouble (dramatic pause and frown into the camera) RECALLING him. ahahahaha!"

"you may have heard that i injured my shoulder. it's because my wife's family has been trying to pull me to the LEFT! ahahahahaha!"

how can you argue with that?

Homsuplo
26th July 03, 11:22 PM
"IT's NOTTT A TUMAAAHHHH!"

Rubadub
27th July 03, 06:57 PM
I'd vote for him if he was black, and i was a yank.

Goojeanleans
28th July 03, 02:00 AM
Then we'd have four years of excuses.

cyrijl
28th July 03, 11:54 AM
1-i don't think you can blame davi for california's mismanagement.
2-i think it'd be great to have arnold for governor of a state i don't live in.

Aikido is not about fighting. It is about purifying the mind and body - misogi/Aikido is the only fitness activity I know that makes you smile. Alot. You also feel closer to your fellow humans afterwards/----anonymous

SLJ
29th July 03, 05:14 AM
I'd vote for him, go Arnold.

----------------------------------------------------------
Now imagine your pain is a white ball of healing light, that's right, your pain, the pain itself is a white ball of healing light....... I don't think so!