PDA

View Full Version : BATMAN 2: Why so serious?

Steve
29th July 07, 01:08 AM
*cough*

Dark Knight (http://www.whysoserious.com)

*cough*

DAYoung
29th July 07, 01:38 AM
Intriguing.

WarPhalange
29th July 07, 02:08 AM
Not really.

DAYoung
29th July 07, 02:09 AM
Meany.

Steve
29th July 07, 02:13 AM
if u n0t lik3 batm4n, ur gh3y.

etc etc.

WarPhalange
29th July 07, 02:15 AM
I'm saying it's not very intriguing. Some ramble about some people being psychopaths and then a glimps of the Joker. Like people couldn't figure out he was batshit insane.

Steve
29th July 07, 02:18 AM
I'm saying you're gay.

The "trailer" is gay too. But I'm okay with that.

DAYoung
29th July 07, 02:34 AM
I'm saying it's not very intriguing. Some ramble about some people being psychopaths and then a glimps of the Joker. Like people couldn't figure out he was batshit insane.

I was intrigued by it.

I have low expectations.

Question!
29th July 07, 03:11 AM
Well the movie's one year away, they really shouldn't have released a teaser so early.

Although, in retrospect it did accomplish the purpose of 'teasing' the audience, even if there wasn't any real film footage.

Also, here is a picture of Batman's latest vehicle in The Dark Knight, the BatPod.

http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/thedarkknightimages/batpod_tradeshow.jpg

Steve
29th July 07, 03:34 AM
I hate the Today Show, btw...

0kdJnf9T9D0

mrblackmagic
30th July 07, 09:39 AM

Glimpse?

http://www.whysoserious.com/images/theknife.jpg

ThaiBoxerShorts
30th July 07, 04:36 PM
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7084/brokebackgothamuv6.jpg

Halfrican
30th July 07, 06:03 PM
The last movie was good, so I have faith in the new one.

ThaiBoxerShorts
30th July 07, 08:38 PM
Batman Begins was the best Batman movie ever, hands down. But Heath Ledger has some very big shoes to fill. Jack Nicholson set the Joker bar pretty damn high.

bad credit
31st July 07, 07:01 PM
No, the best Batman movie ever was the animated original; Batman Mask of the Phantasm. Siskel and Ebert even said so back in the day. Hell, it was based on Year Two in the comics.

Batman Begins was stupid. They ruined Ras Al Ghul, they made him Asian, and then French, for Chrissakes. They left out his ecoterrorist politics and his apoclypse cult leanings and made him a vigilante, ala some white redneck Minuteman on the border.

Also, Bruce Wayne refuses to kill in the name of justice for Ras, then to prove how much he believes in not killing, he lights off some blackpowder and KILLS A HUNDRED NINJAS! Oh wait, ninjas aren't real people, I mean, it's not like he killed a poodle.

Then they give him a cool, armored, jet engine driven 4x4 with missiles, but it doesn't have armor in front of the tires, yet somehow rams through concrete without hurting the tires. His seat makes him lay down to shoot the missiles? Oh, and his way to young DA gf is full of a fear drug that's gonna make her so afraid that her heart blows up, so he takes her on a car chase?

That movie was stupid all around. The only parts I liked where were he switched from kung fu to JJJ in a fight, and the armored spines on his gauntlets. I mean, c'mon, he broke that French a-hole's mail order ninjato in the end. That was cool.

Neildo
31st July 07, 07:21 PM
shut up you. it was ALL cool.

Iscariot
31st July 07, 07:23 PM
Best Batman film is Batman Returns.

Batman Begins failed because of Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhall should correct this grevious error. I'm hoping that Nolan follows Burton's tradition and makes the second one better, however the fact he's re-exploring cinematic ground with the Joker could lessen the effect.

The point of changing Ra's Al Ghul from an immortal to an alterego/position was one of the best changes ever made in a comic book adaptation. Magic in comic book adaptations sucks and should be changed, Phoenix stopped being a celestial spirit (yes X3 sucked, but it would have sucked more with the original backstaory), ditto for Galactus. You want to see what magical superheroes look like onscreen? Go watch the Doctor Strange film.

Question!
31st July 07, 07:34 PM
Batman Returns sucked and was boring.

bad credit
31st July 07, 07:46 PM
Tim Burton is a goth freak. Thus, all of his Batman movies aren't about Bats, they're about the goth freak villians. In the first Batman, Tim has Bats killing baddies with machine guns on his car, yet Bats doesn't carry a gun himself. Never mind his code against killing in the comics, you know, the SOURCE MATERIAL?!

Joel what's his fuck is gay. So he had George Clooney and Val Kilmer play Bats. Then he added Chris Odonnel as Robin and gave 'em all rubber suit nipples. As one of my gay coworkers put it "I'm gay, but that guy's a fag."

Iscariot
31st July 07, 07:53 PM
Tim Burton is a goth freak. Thus, all of his Batman movies aren't about Bats, they're about the goth freak villians. In the first Batman, Tim has Bats killing baddies with machine guns on his car, yet Bats doesn't carry a gun himself. Never mind his code against killing in the comics, you know, the SOURCE MATERIAL?!
What? The source material where Batman used to use guns and off criminals each week? That source material?

bad credit
1st August 07, 08:43 AM
You mean from the 50's, before all the reboots? The current Bats does not kill.

Iscariot
1st August 07, 11:34 AM
You mean from the 50's, before all the reboots? The current Bats does not kill.
Is it, or is it not the source material?

bad credit
2nd August 07, 06:05 AM
I've had an internal debate about this for some time.

Commodore Pipes
2nd August 07, 01:33 PM
Alls I got to say is that Batman Negins had some good parts, but in Year 1 - allegedly some of the inspiration for Batman Begins - Batman actually does perform the moral calculus of (Not Saving = Murder?) and does, indeed, conclude that (Not Saving = Murder), so that thing at the end with the train was very disappointing.

bad credit
3rd August 07, 05:10 AM
Yeah, but years later, under a different writer, Bats is fighting a tough henchman in Ras' headquarters, and a vat of acid explodes, and Bats literally thinks to himself that he didn't kill the guy, the acid did, as he swings away. I shit you not.

Commodore Pipes
3rd August 07, 08:07 AM
Hm. I am not sure how to regard that.

bad credit
3rd August 07, 10:50 PM
All of this is why I no longer collect Batty comics. I went back to, as my former Hero system GM put it, "Reading Punisher comics with one hand down your pants."

Punisher kills bad guys. He doesn't have recurring villians. Well, to be fair, the Jackal is still alive, ain't he? There was Jigsaw too, but Pun eventually killed him.

Punisher had rules and a code he lived by, too. He swore he would never kill a cop. Back in the 80's War Journal, he shot a corrupt cop to save a good one's life. He had no problem doing that. He's very black and white that way. Hell, he shotgunned his former partner Micro in the head when the guy teamed up with CIA black ops funded by Afghani drug smuggling.

He'll beat up pimps, but not ho's; he says he only hurts those who do the hurting. I eagerly await the day some cumbucket draws a switchblade on him and he shoots her in the cocksucker. I also can't wait to see what he does during World War Hulk. You'd think he'd be on the Hulk's side, but the last time he saw the Hulk he used him to beat up Spidey, Daredevil and Wolvie, and then blew up a bunch of c4 in the Jade Giant's gut. I'm sure the Hulk would try to kill him now.

bob
4th August 07, 01:26 AM
I eagerly await the day some cumbucket draws a switchblade on him and he shoots her in the cocksucker.

Has anyone ever told you that you've got some serious issues?

DAYoung
4th August 07, 02:26 AM
I think I did. I might've used those exact words, too...

Neildo
4th August 07, 01:24 PM
I LMAO at that part....

bad credit
4th August 07, 09:17 PM
Blah, blah, blah. I know I got issues. I don't have money for counseling or meds, so what am I supposed to do? I went to head shrinks for years who couldn't help, and I've been through anger management twice. Now I'm part of an underground fight club, and if I ever have to go back to anger management I'm going to recruit. I've done some local amateur MMA. Before my last fight, I really concentrated on staying calm and thinking about other things. During my prefight physical the nurse said I had a very low pulse, which I was very proud of, espicially considering how overweight I am.

Neildo
5th August 07, 01:11 PM
the first rule about fight club is dont talk about fight club

bad credit
6th August 07, 01:25 AM
Uh, we all break that rule, just like the guys in the book and movie. Check out the myspace page for Luverne Fight Club. My fight's on there as Dan vs. Shawn. I'm Dan BTW. I'm also the ref for many of the other fight vids.

Question!
6th August 07, 01:49 AM
So were you the guy with or without the headgear?

bad credit
7th August 07, 03:33 AM
Without. I'm still trying to get a clip of the MMA fight I won two weeks after that. I want to post it on here.

Is there a way to post those clips from Myspace on here?