PDA

View Full Version : Possible Punisher Re-cast Could Be Greatest Actor Trade-up Of All Timez!

Stick
24th July 07, 06:28 PM
Here's the deal, I enjoyed the last Punisher movie; it had it's problems, but I liked it.

I don't know why, but one of the few Marvel Comics not about magic fucking powers is something they just seem to fail at brining to the screen. You'd think the story about the guy whose family is murdered and goes out for revenge would be like the easiest thing to do, but no.

Right, so Thomas Jane.... I honestly don't know why the fuck they cast him, he did alright and all, but..... well, meh.

Read this (http://movies.ign.com/articles/807/807269p1.html) and know that if this happens, the next Punisher movie will be made not only of win but platinum plated victory.

July 23, 2007 - Fanboys have wondered who would take over as the new Punisher in the sequel ever since Thomas Jane announced that he was stepping down from the title role. Now comes word that the role has been cast.

According to LatinoReview.com, the Northern Irish actor Ray Stevenson will play vigilante Frank Castle in the Marvel sequel. Stevenson, 43, is perhaps best known to American audiences for his role as "Titus Pullo" on the HBO series Rome. Stevenson's other credits include King Arthur and the forthcoming action-horror flick Outpost.

Lexi Alexander (Hooligans) is reportedly set to direct The Punisher 2.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/medium/pullo.jpg
(image added by me)

Latino Review adds that the villain of The Punisher 2 is still going to be Jigsaw. No word yet, though, on which actor will play him.

If you watched Rome (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/) you know that this is the best thing that could possibly happen to a Punisher movie.

WarPhalange
24th July 07, 08:03 PM
I remember the old old punisher movie. Frankly, I think Darkman did a better job of being a Punisher movie than any punisher movie so far.

Neildo
24th July 07, 08:09 PM
Darkman was awesome. we wont speak of the sequels.

I have the original punisher on DVD ($5, woo!) besides the crazy story changes, dolph was a bad-ass punisher. Tom Jane sounds like i think the Punisher should sound like, and he's built right, but he ain't Frank Castle. He made the Punisher game great though.

I haven't watched much of Rome so i don't know what this dudes acting ability is like. Stick is a big fan IIRC, so i'll just go ahead and assume he's right.

Phrost
31st July 07, 09:25 PM
Whoa.

Fuck yes.

SpringHeeledJack
31st July 07, 09:35 PM
I have no interest in The Punisher, really, but that guy was awesome in Rome, so I may actually watch a comic-based movie this time around.

ICY
1st August 07, 12:02 AM
The first Punisher movie was my favourite Marvel movie, by far. I thought the casting was excellent. However it gets done though, another Punisher movie is a great idea, IMO. I never watched more than 5 mins of Rome (I don't get the movie channel here, and there's no HBO), but that guy needs to dye his hair black if he wants to be the Punisher.

bad credit
4th August 07, 09:22 PM
I have a bud who's really into Roman history because he always plays them in historical miniatures wargaming. He said he couldn't get into Rome because it was all "Buttsex and knifings." To test this theory, every time all of my friends are hanging out watching movies on cable, and we see on the TV guide that Rome is on, we switch over quick, and damn if it ain't always some random sex or murder. No wonder that show is so popular.

ICY
4th August 07, 10:12 PM
I watched
Stander the other night (on CBC, it was the late night movie, uncensored, holy fuck is CBC better than American networks) and I've got to say, it reminded me how much I liked Tom Jane in Punisher. I don't understand why it didn't do well, it was fucking awesome.

OZZ
6th August 07, 12:40 PM
I thought Tom Jane did a good job and I consider that version to be in the top five comic book movies to date. It wasn't perfect, but that's ok. Travolta was pretty good in it too.
I would like to see him play the role again, I have no idea who this new guy is so I can't really comment.
The Dolph Lundgren version REALLY sucks..I don't understand how people can like that movie. Lundgren is a shitty actor. His career began and ended with Rocky V (or at least should have).

MaverickZ
6th August 07, 01:29 PM
IV

Neildo
6th August 07, 01:30 PM
I watched
Stander the other night (on CBC, it was the late night movie, uncensored, holy fuck is CBC better than American networks) and I've got to say, it reminded me how much I liked Tom Jane in Punisher. I don't understand why it didn't do well, it was fucking awesome.

I'm downloading Stander when i get home. sounds awesome.

Stick
18th September 07, 10:32 PM
For those of you in doubt, observe Frank Castle circa something-or-other BC

35nrS59Dxg4

Sun Wukong
19th September 07, 06:15 AM
awesome, thomas jane was shit in the punisher movie. He missed that part by a god damn mile, but I guess it didn't help that the script was utter retarded crap.

Anna Kovacs
19th September 07, 09:28 PM
I liked Jane in the punisher

"made you kill your best friend....made you kill your wife, and now I've killed you"

I got chills.

Riddeck
19th September 07, 11:45 PM
awesome, thomas jane was shit in the punisher movie. He missed that part by a god damn mile, but I guess it didn't help that the script was utter retarded crap.

Yeah but the fight scene vs. Kevin Nash was pretty cool.

Sun Wukong
20th September 07, 03:01 AM
I liked Jane in the punisher

"made you kill your best friend....made you kill your wife, and now I've killed you"

I got chills.

DOOD, I wanted to walk out of the theatre by that point. There were so many holes in his 'master plan' it took such a huge leap of the imagination that I just lost all suspension of disbelief.

The thing about that plan that bothered me the most is it was TOTALLY out of character of the Punisher to do something so convoluted. He would have just waited until the best possible moment and killed everyone himself with guns, explosives, a sniper rifle or some other similar brutal fashion. he had ample opportunities to bring them down, for fuck's sake Travolta's wife and gay-friend were going out together practically unguarded.

Then there was the scene when the gay mobster who felt no pain by slaughtering someone's entire family torture's Frank's neighbor's but let's them live afterwards. Even if he believed they didn't know anything, he probably would have just killed them outright because they were witnesses who apparently knew someone who he wanted to kill.

But yeah, the Kevin Nash fight was a good part of the movie, except for the moments of comic relief which sucked. In my opinion, the best thing about the movie was the guitar playing assasin that wrote him a little song, played a tune while dressed like a drug store cowboy and chain smoked throughout the restauarant scene. Even though he was just randomly waiting in a random restaurant for his mark to randomly walk through the door.

Then, if anybody looked at his military and police record when it was on the screen he had like 15 years of experience in the military, and another 15 or so as a cop but the actor playing him was barely in his late 30's. I fucking hated that movie.

DAYoung
20th September 07, 05:47 AM
For those of you in doubt, observe Frank Castle circa something-or-other BC

35nrS59Dxg4

Totally unrealistic.

Women can't fight.

Anna Kovacs
20th September 07, 12:49 PM
Jesus teaches us to forgive plot holes and the like.

DAYoung
20th September 07, 03:16 PM
Jesus teaches us to forgive plot holes and the like.

STOP WITH YOUR SAPPHIC OBSESSIONS.

It's not all about holes.

Scrapper
20th September 07, 03:21 PM
The movie was loosely based on the "Welcome Back Frank" story by Garth Ennis in Marvel Knights: Punisher.

The whole Howard Saint thing was actually grafted on from another arc, but the Russian, and Frank's neighbors were all portrayed as Ennis wrote them more or less.

I think Tom Jane did a fine job, but agree that he is not old or grizzled enough to play the modern (Ennis) version of everyone's favorite borderline sociopath vigilante.

This new guy will do much better.

bad credit
20th September 07, 11:23 PM
I agree with Chris Ketchens, the Punisher doesn't fuck around with complicated, Machiavellian plots. He snipes you with a rifle, shoots rockets at you, leaves bombs for you, sprays automatic weapon's fire at you, stabs you, and if he absofuckinglutely has no other choice and it's that close, he'll chop you in the throat with his bare hands.

If you have half a dozen pigstickers coming out of your hands and a grow a new ass superpower and unbreakable bones, he'll park a steamroller on you. If you team up with two other self righteous "superhero" vigilante hypocrites who won't kill then you kidnap Bruce Banner from terrorists, feed him twenty pounds of C-4, and turn him back into the Hulk and send him after them.

Fuck anybody who says different.