PDA

View Full Version : Underage sex should keep Turkey out of the EU? Yeah, if they're going to be stupid.

Steve
27th June 07, 03:47 AM
Turkey Rejects German Appeals to Release Student
Turkey has rejected direct appeals by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier to release a 17-year-old German student arrested for having sex with a 13-year-old girl. The case is attracting growing attention in Germany where politicians are warning it could hurt Turkey's bid to join the EU.

The Turkish government has refused an appeal from the German government to release a German teenager who has been held in a Turkish prison (more...)for 10 weeks on a charge of having intimate contact with a 13-year-old British girl while on holiday in the beach resort of Antalya.

"We can't and don't want to intervene in the case," Turkey's chief EU negotiator Ali Babacan said in Brussels following a meeting with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier. Babacan added that his government would do "everything necessary to ensure he gets a fair trial."

The case has been widely reported in the German media which has made much of the fact that he has to share a jail cell, shower and toilet with 30 other foreign prisoners.

The head of the ruling conservatives' parliamentary group, Volker Kauder, went as far as to hint that Turkey's EU accession bid could be affected by the case.

"I can only call out to the Turkish government: If you don't set this young man free then Turkey's path to Europe will be miles longer."

Germans have so far donated €10,000 ($7,435) to a special account set up by the THW state disaster protection organization, of which Marco is a member, to help pay for his parents to travel to Turkey and pay legal fees.

Steinmeier said: "We respect the independence of the Turkish justice system." But he urged the Turkish authorities "to help find a solution so that the youth can return home to his parents in Germany as soon as possible."

Steinmeier said he had discussed the "humanitarian aspects" of the case with Babacan and in a telephone call with Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gül. Turkish TV news channel NTV reported that Gül had pointed out that the teenager couldn't be released unless the family of the alleged victim withdrew their legal complaint.

Meanwhile Marco said in a newspaper interview that the girl, named only as Charlotte M., had said she was 15 and that they had met in the hotel disco.

They had spent time on the beach the second day and she had invited him up to her room on the third day. He said he wanted to sleep with her but ejaculated prematurely and wasn't able to.

He told Bild newspaper: "She had pulled down my underpants. I didn't touch her vagina."

He said the girl had looked angry when he left the room and gave him a strange look at breakfast the next day. The next day the police came and told him a legal complaint had been filed against him. He went to the prosecutor's office with his parents, and was then taken to a court and arrested.

"I was shocked when the police told me she's only 13. If I had known she's 13 I wouldn't have gone that far. I'm not a criminal," said Marco.

He told the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet that he was not being mistreated in prison. The food was good too, although he would like to have French fries and steak on occasion, he added. He gets to see his parents once a week.

-------------------------------------------

Link. (http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,490860,00.html)

They're just kids! Turkey is being stoopid.

Truculent Sheep
27th June 07, 06:16 AM
This is what happens when some irresponsible little shit goes on a cheap holiday in a dodgy third world country, gets in trouble, gets as done over as any local perp, and then whines and bleats about how hard done by he is 'cos he's white, middle class and European.

The jails of India and Thailand are full of dumb Home County twats who, on their GAP year from 'Uni', suddenly found out that having half a block of Morrocan in their pocket makes them as criminally liable as any of the peasants they've flown over to exploit and patronise.

anarki13
27th June 07, 07:14 AM
actually Turkey's not all that backwards, as say, some of its neighbors, me thinks its the best ME country for tourists right now..

still, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GUY THINKING?
13???? i mean, THIRTEEN? ouch.
she must REALLY be "built" to attract such attention.

Steve
27th June 07, 09:03 AM
actually Turkey's not all that backwards, as say, some of its neighbors, me thinks its the best ME country for tourists right now..

still, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GUY THINKING?
13???? i mean, THIRTEEN? ouch.
she must REALLY be "built" to attract such attention.

Not to be saying you're wrong or anything, but you have seen the movie Dazed and Confused?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/dasd52000/wooderson1.jpg

Now consider European countries which tend to be much more open when it comes to sex...

Don't get me wrong, what the kid did was really stupid, but I don't think it warrants this kind of attention. Also I may be a bit bias as a German mate of mine sent me this story last night.

Shawarma
27th June 07, 10:00 AM
Hay look guys, it's another bullshit excuse to keep Turkey out of the EU!

Truculent Sheep
27th June 07, 10:08 AM
actually Turkey's not all that backwards, as say, some of its neighbors, me thinks its the best ME country for tourists right now.

Actually, most of Turkey is in Asia Minor (rather than 'The Middle East') with bits of it in Europe.

It is backwards in some ways, but still a beacon of progress compared to the rest of the muslim world. It's just a shame that we're more bothered about some silly German teen getting the Midnight Express treatment and not the danger posed to Turkish secularism by Recep Erdogan and his Islamist thugs.

Teh El Macho
27th June 07, 10:34 AM
What the fuck was a 17 year old teen from Germany doing in Turkey? And what the fuck was a 13 year old teen from England doing in Turkey?

The German authorities should be asking the kids's parents (specially the parents of the 13 yo girl) what the fuck were you doing in the meantime?

It doesn't matter how sexually liberal a society is, a 13 year old girl or boy having sex is just fucking wrong. And this 17 yo fucker knew very well this was a little girl.

Fuck this request from Germany to let the dude go. He was in Turkey, on his own volition, under the jurisdiction of Turkey's laws and customs. If people and nations think Turkey is backwater like Afghanistan (which it isn't), with retrograde laws and customes, and which does not deserve to be in the European Union, it is a bit hipocrite of them to allow their juveniles to travel there.

There is no reason for Germany, or any nation, to ask for special treatment of this young man, who was caught fucking a 13 year old child (motherfucking paedo in the making).

This is not a man who got caught in Saudi Arabia giving a ride to a woman that's not his wife or relative. Nor this is a woman caught walking alone, looking for food in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan.

This is a man who got caught fucking a 13 year old girl, which is wrong, unhealthy and unnaceptable no matter what people feel about sexual liberalism, and which is illegal in many countries, not just Turkey.

Being from Germany, Turkey or the fucking forest moon of Endor does not give him a right to special treatment after breaking the laws of a country where he entered on his own free will.

WarPhalange
27th June 07, 11:09 AM
Ewwww.... The guy needs some councelling or something. I'm not sure jail is appropriate for someone so young.

But the entire country isn't at fault for trying to keep him accountable.

Shawarma
27th June 07, 11:25 AM
What the fuck was a 17 year old teen from Germany doing in Turkey? And what the fuck was a 13 year old teen from England doing in Turkey?
Partying. Lotta young Europeans go to Turkey for the sun and the low prices. And this is hardly pedophilia. Plenty of girls I know were having this kind of relationship at age 14 out of their own free (and horny) will, so 13 isn't that much different. It IS pretty loser-ly of the 17 year old boy, but most 17 year olds would agree that you gotta take what you can get at that age. And of course, the girl was almost certainly lying about her age.

Truculent Sheep
27th June 07, 11:27 AM

The German authorities should be asking the kids's parents (specially the parents of the 13 yo girl) what the fuck were you doing in the meantime?

It doesn't matter how sexually liberal a society is, a 13 year old girl or boy having sex is just fucking wrong. And this 17 yo fucker knew very well this was a little girl.

Note that in the UK, the legal age of consent is 16, whereas it's 18 in Turkey. In Germany, the legal age is 14 in some circumstances, but only if the older party is under 21 and does not exploit "the victim's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination". To whit, the nonce should have known better and deserves what he got.

anarki13
27th June 07, 11:47 AM
Not to be saying you're wrong or anything, but you have seen the movie Dazed and Confused?

Now consider European countries which tend to be much more open when it comes to sex...

Don't get me wrong, what the kid did was really stupid, but I don't think it warrants this kind of attention. Also I may be a bit bias as a German mate of mine sent me this story last night.

i haven't seen that movie sry..
(i thought it was that one bout a smuggler who gets thrown in a turkish jail..brr.. oh, Midnight Express?)
:) i also don't think it should attract this much attention in this way, i mean, some kid (grade A+ DUMBASS) wanted to have fun, picked this really young-looking girl, who was probably very inviting and very suggestive, only to find out later that uh-oh, she's a "grown up" child. SHOCK!!!!
i mean, how on earth.. 13! that is sick.
damn.
see? this is why MILFS rock, no way you can have this sort of problem http://www.sociocide.com/forums/icons/icon10.gif

Actually, most of Turkey is in Asia Minor (rather than 'The Middle East') with bits of it in Europe.

It is backwards in some ways, but still a beacon of progress compared to the rest of the muslim world. It's just a shame that we're more bothered about some silly German teen getting the Midnight Express treatment and not the danger posed to Turkish secularism by Recep Erdogan and his Islamist thugs.

oops, misuse of words, sorry: i wanted to convey the concept that its not all bad compared to neighbors and ME countries close to it, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, oh and currently its a lot LOT quieter than Israel, so basically thats the best place to go if you want to visit the "M.E." right now..

and i second your opinion re: Secularism >> Erdogan.

WarPhalange
27th June 07, 11:50 AM
see? this is why MILFS rock, no way you can have this sort of problem http://www.sociocide.com/forums/icons/icon10.gif

My friend's sister had a kid at 14.

Truculent Sheep
27th June 07, 11:52 AM
and i second your opinion re: Secularism >> Erdogan.

I wonder when the tanks will be rolling into Ankara again?

ironlurker
27th June 07, 01:16 PM
I was shocked when the police told me she's only 13. If I had known she's 13 I wouldn't have gone that far.

teehee

Steve
27th June 07, 01:37 PM
I was shocked when the police told me she's only 13. If I had known she's 13 I wouldn't have gone that far.

teehee

*rolls eyes*

AAAhmed46
27th June 07, 04:43 PM
Those fuckin terrorists are encrouching on German freedom.

Question!
27th June 07, 04:51 PM
The girl said she was 15 right? Even if the girl was actually 15, would that still have been considered a crime?

Kiko
27th June 07, 04:55 PM
Can't she be sued for false advertising??

Steve
27th June 07, 05:03 PM
Can't she be sued for false advertising??

Exactly, and then when I read into the article further:

Meanwhile Marco said in a newspaper interview that the girl, named only as Charlotte M., had said she was 15 and that they had met in the hotel disco.

They had spent time on the beach the second day and she had invited him up to her room on the third day. He said he wanted to sleep with her but ejaculated prematurely and wasn't able to.

He told Bild newspaper: "She had pulled down my underpants. I didn't touch her vagina."

He said the girl had looked angry when he left the room and gave him a strange look at breakfast the next day. The next day the police came and told him a legal complaint had been filed against him. He went to the prosecutor's office with his parents, and was then taken to a court and arrested.

Nothing worse than a woman scorned.

Kiko
27th June 07, 05:05 PM
More like disappointed than scorned, eh?

Steve
27th June 07, 05:09 PM
True, true.

anarki13
27th June 07, 06:32 PM
My friend's sister had a kid at 14.
wow, well.. congrats? (i really dont know what to say, i mean, i think 13/14 is TOO young and all) still, congrats for the baby :)

I wonder when the tanks will be rolling into Ankara again?
hmmm? sorry but am not very learned concerning history of Turkey and/or Erdogan.. but sheesh: from what i read about him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan#Imprisonment_1998) the guy is NUTS.

--
back to thread title:
What a poor bastard: not only he got busted for "kiddie-rape", he got busted because he COULDN'T DO IT to begin with.

another thing: if they threw him in jail cuz he couldn't do it, what would they have done if he had done it?

probably say "go get em, Tiger" ?

Question!
27th June 07, 06:33 PM
So she was pissed she didn't get any and told on him?

WarPhalange
27th June 07, 06:42 PM
wow, well.. congrats? (i really dont know what to say, i mean, i think 13/14 is TOO young and all) still, congrats for the baby :)

I'm saying that you can't be safe, even if it's a MILF. You need to see the birth certificate.

anarki13
28th June 07, 05:48 AM
So she was pissed she didn't get any and told on him?

... They had spent time on the beach the second day and she had invited him up to her room on the third day. He said he wanted to sleep with her but ejaculated prematurely and wasn't able to...
He said the girl had looked angry ... gave him a strange look...The next day the police came... legal complaint had been filed against him...

poor bastard..

I'm saying that you can't be safe, even if it's a MILF. You need to see the birth certificate.

ok, http://www.sociocide.com/forums/icons/icon10.gif well, true, but i meant the more.. erm.. mature kind of MILFS... Leah Remini FTW!

Teh El Macho
29th June 07, 07:43 AM
I still wonder where the fuck were the parents of this 13 year old girl. The fact that kids have sex as such early age, well, it is unavoidable. And yet, that doesn't make it necessarily right. Understandably (to a point), it is something parents cannot do much about it.

Having said that, what's really fucking retarded is to have a 13 year old girl going to a nightclub on the other side of the continent. This wasn't a kid skipping a class to get some nookie not far from home. She was fucking partying in a fucking nightclub in another country.

What kind of fucked up parents would let things get to that point? Fucking retarded.

ironlurker
29th June 07, 02:05 PM
What kind of fucked up parents would let things get to that point? Fucking retarded.
The type from the US/UK/etc. that think that foreign countries are theme parks.
Probably wasted, since everyone's first step in travel seems to be to get as drunk as possible.

If she was as forward as the article says she's obviously been active for a while, so they probably didn't give a shit to begin with.

Kein Haar
29th June 07, 02:10 PM

HA!

Err...

"Good luck, kid. You'll need it. The both uh yuz."