PDA

View Full Version : The Brutal World of French Parenting.

Truculent Sheep
15th June 07, 01:48 PM
A bleak but hilarious article on how the Frogs (specifically, Frog Women) slap their kids about viciously. Don't worry, though - it does get the little gits to behave:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml;jsessionid=SLGDKS3ZGTCOHQFIQMGSFFWAVCBQ WIV0?xml=/portal/2007/06/15/nosplit/ftmaman115.xml

...A New Zealand friend, a mother of three, recently texted me: "I am in the park and just saw a French mother kick her son hard then go on talking to her friends while he cried. What is wrong with these people?"

...The child was crying frantically, red in the face and holding up his tiny arms begging her to carry him. There was no way he could catch her. And she knew it. "Non, non, non," she screeched in a high-pitched voice. She strolled ahead faster leaving the baby in the dust...

...One friend writes, "What do I think of French mothers? Mean, mean, mean". She tells of a mother of two whose youngest child was in hospital for a week. When he was released, the family immediately left on a beach holiday, along with a nanny the baby had not met before.

The mother wanted to go to the beach and instructed the nanny to feed him. When he would not eat with the stranger, the mother sent him to bed hungry and screaming. He ate when he woke up, ravenous, and this time, he let the nanny feed him. "That will teach him," the mother said proudly. The boy was 17 months old at the time. "This is a true story," my friend writes...

...An English friend, Sophie, wrote of seeing a French child eating sand in the park. When she politely informed the mother, the woman - who was deep in a book - retorted, "Maybe she will get sick and it will be good for her. She will learn her lesson"...

...Susan was not offended. "I know she, and every other French grandmother, would think that is for the good of the child. Anglo-Saxons tend to see children as charmingly thick savages who can be taught manners in a superficial way. The French grasp the deeper meaning of civilised behaviour as soon as they can speak, and drill it into them."

By being utter cunts to them, it seems...

WarPhalange
15th June 07, 01:55 PM
This is like the guy who is a loser and can't get ahead in life at all, so he comes home and kicks the dog.

tetsuo
15th June 07, 03:17 PM
I'm sure man you have enough grey goo between your ears to guess that all french parents dont behave this way, and that sadly these child-molesting crimes are frequent all over the planet.
At least we are not in france encountering as many pedophiles as in uk or usa, something even your friends cant deny.

Shawarma
15th June 07, 03:27 PM
France does have a more conservative family structure than in a lot of places, I believe. I've been told that kids use the plural form of adressing their parents (vous) until late in their lives and that they are in general cuddled less than in other countries.

DerAuslander108
15th June 07, 04:38 PM
France does have a more conservative family structure than in a lot of places, I believe. I've been told that kids use the plural form of adressing their parents (vous) until late in their lives and that they are in general cuddled less than in other countries.

So that explains everything...

The French are the way they are because Mommy didn't hug them enough.

Question!
15th June 07, 06:59 PM
Truculent Sheep was right, this article was hilarious.

TM
16th June 07, 11:05 AM
W.C. Fields would be proud.
"Sir. do you like children?" "Yes, If they're cooked well."

mrblackmagic
17th June 07, 10:28 AM
Georges Bataille. De Sade. The guy who directed Irreversible.

I can see that.

emboesso
17th June 07, 10:52 AM
Maybe that was their ulterior motive with the Germans. Let them march in, expose them to body odor, feminine leg and armpit hair, and a diet of snails and cheese.

That'll teach them damned Krauts a thing or two.

Cormoran
18th June 07, 05:50 AM
The mother wanted to go to the beach and instructed the nanny to feed him. When he would not eat with the stranger, the mother sent him to bed hungry and screaming. He ate when he woke up, ravenous, and this time, he let the nanny feed him. "That will teach him," the mother said proudly. The boy was 17 months old at the time. "This is a true story," my friend writes...

what's so bad about this bit? kicking a kid i can understand, but sending a whingeing brat to bed without food because he refuses to eat isn't what i'd call abuse. Damn there must be a whole lot of useless whingeing soccer mums around these days for something like this to be seen as bad.

Neildo
18th June 07, 01:45 PM
Indeed, there is.

DerAuslander108
19th June 07, 02:17 AM
Maybe that was their ulterior motive with the Germans. Let them march in, expose them to body odor, feminine leg and armpit hair, and a diet of snails and cheese.

That'll teach them damned Krauts a thing or two.

I must have missed that lesson.

BTW.

Keep 8/18 open.