PDA

View Full Version : Motor Sports Are Extremly Stupid and Boring

Mr. Jones
29th May 07, 11:41 PM
The sport of car racing is extremly fucking stupid. All it is is a bunch of retarded looking cars going around in a big fucking circle over and over again. Sneakers may be tasty but they look retarded on a car. Watching cars go around and around in a big fucking circle is really retarded and most importantly boring. I can't believe people would pay to see this.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://race-fan-club.daytona-beach.fl.us/gfx/lvms.gif&usg=AFrqEzetPNbAdGCAhrf-A5djH4mBV-A-TA

Even if the course actually has some sharp turns it doesn't add any amount of excietement. Man I really hope that guy makes that sharp turn or else he'll turn into the grass.

http://supergt.net/supergt/circuit/suzuka/c_suzuka.gif

Mas
29th May 07, 11:44 PM
I almost feel dirty for agreeing with you.

But I agree wholeheartedly. Never understood the circle racing, going round and round for 500 laps, just seemed like a waste of money, time, gas, and energy on nothing.

I kind of feel the same way with running on a treadmill.

Steve
29th May 07, 11:49 PM
Rally car racing is where it's at, IMO.

2PEqHNKJZVs

h55873b0Xic

Takes some skillz to make it through the course.

Not much of a fan of the big circle races, as mentioned by Mas.

Neildo
30th May 07, 12:15 AM
rally racing is sweet.

i'd actually like to drive suzuka circuit someday. i've run it a thousand times in so many games i'd like to actually do it.

i think sirc said he ran laguna seca once. can't remember.

Steve
30th May 07, 12:25 AM
rally racing is sweet.

i'd actually like to drive suzuka circuit someday. i've run it a thousand times in so many games i'd like to actually do it.

i think sirc said he ran laguna seca once. can't remember.

Yeah, I've played a lot of those too.

Pikes Peak for me:

4PTNcU_MNUw

ojgsxr6
30th May 07, 12:39 AM
Rally is gay you're racing against the clock. Motorcycle racing is good, Supersport(600cc) and Superbike (750cc+). Also MotoGP, where you have bikes going 200+mph then going down a chicane, there's nothing like it.

Mr. Jones
30th May 07, 12:54 AM
Rallying is the best professional racing style for cars in my honest opinion.

Steve
30th May 07, 01:02 AM
Rally is gay you're racing against the clock. Motorcycle racing is good, Supersport(600cc) and Superbike (750cc+). Also MotoGP, where you have bikes going 200+mph then going down a chicane, there's nothing like it.

ORLY? Post a video of a bike racing on a rally track, plz.

Mr. Jones
30th May 07, 01:04 AM
He's only going to talk about motorcross now.

Steve
30th May 07, 01:25 AM
ORLY? *waits for video*

Iscariot
30th May 07, 03:25 AM
Yank racing goes in circles, proper racing has tracks that turn in more than one direction.

That is all.

ojgsxr6
30th May 07, 03:33 AM
The only motorcycle race that I know of that has a similar rule/feel to Rally is the TT at Isle of Mann. There's no passing, there's no fight for position like in roadracing, so while the it's a challenging race it's not as interesting to me. Also, if this is supposed to be some sort of parallel to the whole boxing/mma thing, it's pretty weak.

PizDoff
30th May 07, 10:10 AM

Rally is one of the few races where you can fall off a cliff.

I like the Dafur desert races with motorcylces, buggies, trucks and 18-wheeler trucks.

Yiktin Voxbane
30th May 07, 01:09 PM
I used to mechanic for a speedway sidecar outfit, dirt track, 100+Mph (on the long tracks) 2-4" from the ground. The rider broke his first passengers back (was the 2nd break for passenger) then his GF jumped on .... first race they flipped, she wore the full weight of the bke on her pelvis, fractured it and 2 Lumbar vertebrae.

Their wedding at our local track was the start of a weekend so rarified it's still spoken about in whispers . I drove 1100 miles that weekend, 3 hrs sleep from thursday night, till sunday afternoon when we arrived at the Port Pirie track and our last stop before home. I woke in the team mini-bus already 90 mins late for work on the Monday morning .

ojgsxr6
30th May 07, 03:12 PM
Rally is one of the few races where you can fall off a cliff.

I like the Dafur desert races with motorcylces, buggies, trucks and 18-wheeler trucks.

Isle of Man TT is the only race where you can get Foot and Mouth disease.

Mc7tD9fIvz0

Steve
30th May 07, 04:05 PM
I used to mechanic for a speedway sidecar outfit, dirt track, 100+Mph (on the long tracks) 2-4" from the ground. The rider broke his first passengers back (was the 2nd break for passenger) then his GF jumped on .... first race they flipped, she wore the full weight of the bke on her pelvis, fractured it and 2 Lumbar vertebrae.

Their wedding at our local track was the start of a weekend so rarified it's still spoken about in whispers . I drove 1100 miles that weekend, 3 hrs sleep from thursday night, till sunday afternoon when we arrived at the Port Pirie track and our last stop before home. I woke in the team mini-bus already 90 mins late for work on the Monday morning .

After reading a story like that I feel compelled to ask: What in the wide wide world of sports did they do for their honey moon?

Yiktin Voxbane
30th May 07, 09:27 PM
Attended an interstate race meeting then took 3-5 days along the coast .

Steve
30th May 07, 09:31 PM
Sounds lovely, tho I was expecting something a bit more exciting...

Yiktin Voxbane
30th May 07, 10:18 PM
This is South Australia matey, we don't *Do* excitement sorry .

Steve
30th May 07, 10:41 PM
Huh, I thought that the wedding sounded pretty exciting. I was just assuming they would of jumped out of airplanes or something for their honeymoon.

Judah Maccabee
30th May 07, 11:44 PM
I watched the Indy 500 with my dad, and with the cars they were driving, all the crashes were basically unspectacular grinding along the wall for a mile because everytime the drivers inched up towards the outside wall, they caught a wheel on rubber debris.

So you have a constantly slow race because of cautions, and the "crashes" that everyone watches for were unspectacular. The only time there was awesomeness was when one driver nearly forced the other into the divider between the pit stop and the track.

bob
31st May 07, 02:04 AM
Is there some kind of physical and spiritual purging process that you need to go through when you agree wholeheartedly with Mr Jones?

Help plz.

Confused.

Mr. Jones
31st May 07, 01:59 PM
Is there some kind of physical and spiritual purging process that you need to go through when you agree wholeheartedly with Mr Jones?

Help plz.

Confused.

It depends do you like hungry jack?

Mr. Jones
31st May 07, 02:01 PM
Yank racing goes in circles, proper racing has tracks that turn in more than one direction.

That is all.

You need to at least read the opening before you post. That is all.

Even if the course actually has some sharp turns it doesn't add any amount of excietement. Man I really hope that guy makes that sharp turn or else he'll turn into the grass.

http://supergt.net/supergt/circuit/suzuka/c_suzuka.gif

Iscariot
31st May 07, 02:11 PM
Yes, you'll notice I was in a mood to point out the inferiority of everything Yank.

I was ignoring your ridiculous opinion that Suzuka is a boring track. That track is recognised as one of the greatest cuircuits in the world by those with actual knowledge of racing, drivers love it, promoter love it and spectators love it. Hell even 8 year old boys love it because it has a crossover like a Scalextric track.

It does not surprise me that you wish to see someone put at the risk of serious injury or death for entertainment, nor do I believe it will surprise anyone else here.

Mr. Jones
31st May 07, 02:31 PM
Yes, you'll notice I was in a mood to point out the inferiority of everything Yank.

I was ignoring your ridiculous opinion that Suzuka is a boring track. That track is recognised as one of the greatest cuircuits in the world by those with actual knowledge of racing, drivers love it, promoter love it and spectators love it. Hell even 8 year old boys love it because it has a crossover like a Scalextric track.

It does not surprise me that you wish to see someone put at the risk of serious injury or death for entertainment, nor do I believe it will surprise anyone else here.

I do not care about those three groups of people's false opinion.

We Will Be Entertained!
http://rhapody2000.free.fr/images/wallpapers/Wall_Gladiator51%5B1%5D.jpg

Sirc
31st May 07, 02:37 PM
Again you do not fail in being a complete and utter fucking moron.

6S-8fRyyzBg

Yeah, NOT EXCITING AT ALL.

I'm also completely convinced you have no idea what you're talking about and how difficult it is to drive quickly around a track. Seeing as your kind likes to go really slow on wheels much to big for the vehicle, you probably have no idea what it's like to have to drive fast and keep the car in control without colliding into a wall.

flYUoxtBj9w

Am I right?

Sirc
31st May 07, 02:40 PM
Rally is also extremely fun. But I like mid-engined cars, so I like to stick to the pavement.

Mr. Jones
31st May 07, 02:42 PM
You know Sirc many children such as yourself enjoy ring around the rosey also. But it doesn't change the fact that it's stupid. Besides you know I'm not talking about the drivers seat.

Iscariot
31st May 07, 02:48 PM
Sirc has the correct, Jones is teh fail.

Go be entertained doing something away from me Jones.

To this thread I add one of the greatest overtakes of the modern age, and a lap of probably the best track in the world:
GAmbIdwcmSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAmbIdwcmSo

Sirc
31st May 07, 02:51 PM
I'd share the photos and video I got from the Time attack I was a part of a few weeks ago, but they'd be lost on you. Motorsports is extremely exciting. You're just a ball-less man who doesn't understand how to drive.

But ok, you want out of car excitement? Here you go, you son of a whore.

Naturally Aspirated vs. Turbocharged cars from Japan. Probably one of my favorite videos to watch because of how dynamic it is and how it shows the differences between different setups and how weight transfer plays such a huge role in automotive racing and how horsepower is not the end all and be all of performance:
WrAyyTBsxPU

Mr. Jones
31st May 07, 03:01 PM
I'd share the photos and video I got from the Time attack I was a part of a few weeks ago, but they'd be lost on you. Motorsports is extremely exciting. You're just a ball-less man who doesn't understand how to drive.

But ok, you want out of car excitement? Here you go, you son of a whore.

Naturally Aspirated vs. Turbocharged cars from Japan. Probably one of my favorite videos to watch because of how dynamic it is and how it shows the differences between different setups and how weight transfer plays such a huge role in automotive racing and how horsepower is not the end all and be all of performance:
WrAyyTBsxPU

Impossible! Next you'll be telling me in depth about a car's powertrain and suspension system.

Hold on I'm watching the video right now.

Sirc
31st May 07, 03:05 PM
I'm sure this is more to your liking:

8cGyeYtvb4M

Sirc
31st May 07, 03:18 PM
Here's something that always rekindles my love for motorsports, even though it's a blatant ripoff of a honda commercial:

iItzJc-NHI4

And yes, he does kiss the wall. And yes I get a semi when he does.

Sirc
31st May 07, 03:23 PM
Here's the honda one:

XiBX8MkFkd4