PDA

View Full Version : Why won't Kennedy stay dead?

frumpleswift
17th May 07, 03:01 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18709539/

By John Solomon
Updated: 11:17 a.m. ET May 17, 2007

In a collision of 21st-century science and decades-old conspiracy theories, a research team that includes a former top FBI scientist is challenging the bullet analysis used by the government to conclude that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in assassinating President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

The "evidence used to rule out a second assassin is fundamentally flawed," concludes a new article in the Annals of Applied Statistics written by former FBI lab metallurgist William A. Tobin and Texas A&M University researchers Cliff Spiegelman and William D. James.

More U.S. news
The researchers' re-analysis involved new statistical calculations and a modern chemical analysis of bullets from the same batch Oswald is purported to have used. They reached no conclusion about whether more than one gunman was involved, but urged that authorities conduct a new and complete forensic re-analysis of the five bullet fragments left from the assassination 44 years ago.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

"Given the significance and impact of the JFK assassination, it is scientifically desirable for the evidentiary fragments to be re-analyzed," the researchers said.

Tobin was the FBI lab's chief metallurgy expert for more than two decades. He analyzed metal evidence in major cases that included the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and the 1996 explosion of TWA Flight 800 off Long Island.

After retiring, he attracted national attention by questioning the FBI science used in prosecutions for decades to match bullets to crime suspects through their lead content. The questions he and others raised prompted a National Academy of Sciences review that in 2003 concluded that the FBI's bullet lead analysis was flawed. The FBI agreed and generally ended the use of that type of analysis.

Using new guidelines set forth by the National Academy of Sciences for proper bullet analysis, Tobin and his colleagues at Texas A&M re-analyzed the bullet evidence used by the 1976 House Select Committee on Assassinations, which concluded that only one shooter, Oswald, fired the shots that killed Kennedy in Dallas.

Live Vote
Did Oswald act alone in assassinating President Kennedy?

The committee's finding was based in part on the research of now-deceased University of California at Irvine chemist Vincent P. Guinn. He used bullet lead analysis to conclude that the five bullet fragments recovered from the Kennedy assassination scene came from just two bullets, which were traced to the same batch of bullets Oswald owned.

To do their research, Tobin, Spiegelman and James said they bought the same brand and lot of bullets used by Oswald and analyzed their lead using the new standards. The bullets from that batch are still on the market as collectors' items.

They found that the scientific and statistical assumptions Guinn used -- and the government accepted at the time -- to conclude that the fragments came from just two bullets fired from Oswald's gun were wrong.

"This finding means that the bullet fragments from the assassination that match could have come from three or more separate bullets," the researchers said.

"If the assassination fragments are derived from three or more separate bullets, then a second assassin is likely, as the additional bullet would not be attributable to the main suspect, Mr. Oswald."

One shooter, two shooter, red shooter blue shooter.

I wonder if 2,000 years from now people will still be speculating about the Kennedy assasination, in the same way people are still obsessed with the assasination of a certain Jewish leader back in the day.

More to the point, how can they even attempt to analyze the evidence so many years after the fact, when the evidence was almost certainly completely corrupted within hours after the shooting.

Neildo
17th May 07, 03:51 PM
Mafia did it.

Zendetta
17th May 07, 04:48 PM
Mafia + CIA.

Now that the Illuminati has bred Swarzenegger genes into the lineage, all future Kennedy models will be bulletproof.

Neildo
17th May 07, 04:50 PM
Mafia + CIA.

There's a difference? LOL

Question!
17th May 07, 04:55 PM
Now that the Illuminati has bred Swarzenegger genes into the lineage, all future Kennedy models will be bulletproof.

Not bulletproof, it's just that all assassins will miss or any bullet will only give him a flesh wound and piss him off. (making him stronger)

frumpleswift
17th May 07, 04:56 PM
Mafia + CIA.

But still alcoholics.

Zendetta
17th May 07, 04:59 PM
I think you mean "Irish".

frumpleswift
17th May 07, 05:10 PM
No, then I would have said violent drunks.

Zendetta
17th May 07, 05:27 PM
Admittedly, Ted Kennedy is a poor stand-in for Brian Boru*.

* THe Last High King of Ireland, killed in battle against the Norsemen in the Battle of Clontarf.

AAAhmed46
17th May 07, 06:16 PM
Honestly though, Rabin's death had some wierd shit behind it.

Like the dude who did it was frothing from the mouth in Zionist rallies, yet he got really close to Rabin.

Though i strongly suspect it was just a result of lax security.

Zendetta
17th May 07, 06:38 PM
JFK, RFK, MLK...

Sure were alot of Lone Nuts running around back then.

Trivia: Oswald was stationed at the only overseas base where the military tested LSD on servicemen.

AAAhmed46
17th May 07, 07:02 PM
Fucking kennedy came back as a zombie.

Yiktin Voxbane
17th May 07, 10:39 PM
CSM killed Kennedy . I think Fox Mulders father may of had a hand too ....

Commodore Pipes
18th May 07, 02:18 PM
Fucking kennedy came back as a zombie.

Wouldn't that be awesome? Or maybe he just won't stay dead, and he's all like "Oi'm Bostonian and hydrocephallic! Don't pahk yer cah in Hahvahd yahd!" and then he hunts down Oswald all terminator like, and then he can team up with Arnold and they can blow shit up with rocket launchers while trying to see who can deliver the most quips in heavily-accented english.

I would fucking see that fucking movie, dude.

Yiktin Voxbane
18th May 07, 09:05 PM
Me too ;D

Shawarma
18th May 07, 09:20 PM
When does he fight the reanimated Zombie Reagan that the GOP are gonna run for president in 2008?

frumpleswift
18th May 07, 09:44 PM
Fuck it, as long as we are raising dead Presidents from the dead, can't we get Roosevelt. I mean the mean son of a bitch Teddy of course. He could kick all of their asses.

Zendetta
18th May 07, 09:50 PM
Do you think Teddy (in his prime, not Zombie form) could take Vlad Putin in grappliing?

Ex- KGB Putin is a judo expert, Rough Rider Teddy imported Japanese teachers to privately train him in jujutsu. He eventually got good enough to beat his sensie(s).

Either way, it'd be a good fight.

frumpleswift
18th May 07, 10:56 PM
Teddy would win...but he would cheat. That big stick is a huge advantage.

WarPhalange
19th May 07, 01:39 AM
So he's an Aikido man?

WarPhalange
19th May 07, 01:50 AM
Wikipedia says that Teddy was a Judo brown belt himself.

Shawarma
19th May 07, 02:40 AM
Putin is a mean Russian KGB midget that looks like a cross between a James Bond villain and an S&M pervert. I'm gonna bet on the Russian - It seems the prudent thing to do these days.

emboesso
19th May 07, 06:56 AM
So he's an Aikido man?

Calling TR an aikido man is possibly the most offensive thing you've ever posted.

I visited Dealey Plaza last year and can confirm that JFK will never die. There is a group of kooks that assemble there daily. I got there early and chatted with the Elvis impersonator, and a guy who appeared to be my age who said he was there the day of the assassination. I was about 18 months old in November 1963.

We chatted normally, just the three of us because it was very early in the morning. Then somebody snapped a photo of the Elvis guy and the eyewitness, I guess because a guy dressed like Elvis holding a guitar on Dealey Plaza is a good photo to take. These guys flipped into complete paranoia mode, "That's government agents compiling dossiers on people who know the truth"... etc.

These guys were GREAT, they had a conspiracy for every ocassion. Kind of like Hallmark greeting cards.

I told them I was in Dallas to study with my old martial arts instructor. Elvis guy told me about a conspiracy Elivs cooked up with President Nixon and the FBI, because Elvis was in the FBI, to have his martial arts instructor (IIRC it was Mike Stone) killed because Stone was banging Priscilla Presley.

I told them I always had doubts about the assassination of Huey Long and they had a litany of conspiracies for that too.

So as long as people like this are around, and accept movies like "JFK" as historical accounts, JFK will never die.

Zendetta
19th May 07, 12:34 PM
LOL. Awesome. THe recursive and self-reflected paradigms of conspiracy theorists are pretty hysterical.

Maybe Elvis did it.

frumpleswift
19th May 07, 04:22 PM
LOL. Awesome. THe recursive and self-reflected paradigms of conspiracy theorists are pretty hysterical.

Maybe Elvis did it.

Elvis in league with Castro-supporting aliens...the same aliens who helped build the pyramids. The pyramids are of course a central symbol to the illuminati. Therefore Elvis is a member of the Illuminati, and the Illuminati assasinated JFK.

Thinkchair
19th May 07, 10:12 PM
Do you think Teddy (in his prime, not Zombie form) could take Vlad Putin in grappliing?

Ex- KGB Putin is a judo expert, Rough Rider Teddy imported Japanese teachers to privately train him in jujutsu. He eventually got good enough to beat his sensie(s).

Either way, it'd be a good fight.

My vote is with Teddy. He also boxed and had a robust frame. Putin is small.

frumpleswift
20th May 07, 12:38 AM
Big Stick people. You are all forgetting Teddy's big stick. He so would have kicked Putin's ass.

Speaking of Teddy, here is a great Teddy quote:

"I want to see you game, boys, I want to see you brave and manly, and I also want to see you gentle and tender"

Shawarma
20th May 07, 02:10 AM
Get real. Vladimir Putin is made of evil. He oppresses democracy for fun and eats liberal babies for breakfast. He has a shrine to Stalin, which he urinates on twice a day, just to show him how much more badass he is than Uncle Joe. He personally sunk the Kursk with a seionage. How can you possible bet against this man?!

emboesso
20th May 07, 06:38 AM
He oppresses democracy for fun and eats liberal babies for breakfast.

He's a cannibal?

Zendetta
20th May 07, 11:13 AM
LOL - are you accusing Putin of being "liberal"?

bob
20th May 07, 04:48 PM
He's a communist. And communists are the same as liberals.

Commodore Pipes
20th May 07, 05:23 PM
Get real. Vladimir Putin is made of evil. He oppresses democracy for fun and eats liberal babies for breakfast. He has a shrine to Stalin, which he urinates on twice a day, just to show him how much more badass he is than Uncle Joe. He personally sunk the Kursk with a seionage. How can you possible bet against this man?!

How can that be? W used his majic Jesus powers and looked into Putin's soul, and discovered he is a 'good man.'