PDA

View Full Version : Republican Presidential Debate

Quikfeet509
4th May 07, 01:29 AM
I figured that since I watched my pussy dems debate last week that I should be a good, informed citizen and watch the hatemonger, Reagan nutriding republicans in their first debate. Here is my impression [ed: did miss the last 30 minutes because my wife had to watch Grey's Anatomy and I wanted to DVR Scrubs, which trumps all political nonsense]:

McCain really needs a massage or even acupuncture to relax his upper extremities. I thought he was going to have a seizure.

Brownback is a fucking idiot. Luckily, no one will ever elect someone from my home state. [read: assclown]

Romney is terrifying because he is polished, charismatic, and religious.

Ron Paul almost makes me want to switch parties. I think his views are plain naive, but damn, if he wasn't a motivating person to listen to. Reminds me of what the republicans used to [or ought to] be...

edit - I forgot to mention how much the Regan worship is plain annoying.

nihilist
4th May 07, 01:59 AM
Watching them hold in their contempt for GWB is always fun.

Steve
4th May 07, 02:27 AM
Let me throw in some old news.

rrrROk7Yu9c

nihilist
4th May 07, 02:42 AM
whut wus dat small bidness sellin anywayz?

emboesso
4th May 07, 04:57 AM
McCain really needs a massage or even acupuncture to relax his upper extremities. I thought he was going to have a seizure.

McCain can not raise his upper extremeties much higher than his waist because of the damage they suffered during torture at the Hanoi Hilton.

Hard to believe McCain withstood prison and torture, returned to the USA as a rock-ribbed Republican, but now is frightened to death to do/say something to upset the NY Slimes editorial page.

bob
4th May 07, 07:43 AM
Hard to believe McCain withstood prison and torture, returned to the USA as a rock-ribbed Republican, but now is frightened to death to do/say something to upset the NY Slimes editorial page.

Please explain the correlation between being imprisoned and tortured and the specific policies you believe McCain should follow.

emboesso
4th May 07, 07:51 AM
Please explain the correlation between being imprisoned and tortured and the specific policies you believe McCain should follow.

I wasn't suggesting any correlation.

I was remarking that once McCain set his ambitions on a national scale he suddenly became wary of upsetting the NY Slimes and other major news outlets. As a senator from Arizona during the Reagan years he was a frequent guest on CNN's "Crossfire," and often found himself to the right of Pat Buchanan. That McCain is unrecognizable next to this one.

bob
4th May 07, 07:55 AM
I wasn't suggesting any correlation.

I was remarking that once McCain set his ambitions on a national scale he suddenly became wary of upsetting the NY Slimes and other major news outlets. As a senator from Arizona during the Reagan years he was a frequent guest on CNN's "Crossfire," and often found himself to the right of Pat Buchanan. That McCain is unrecognizable next to this one.

My apologies. I assumed from your post

'hard to believe he withstood prison and torture... but now is afraid of upsetting the NY Times'

you were implying that veterans and ex-POW's were morally obliged to follow certain policy lines.

Quikfeet509
4th May 07, 08:02 AM
McCain can not raise his upper extremeties much higher than his waist because of the damage they suffered during torture at the Hanoi Hilton.

Fucking gooks.

Oh wait...nevermind.

I do agree that it seems like his stance has completely changed. You used to be able to count on him for saying things that nobody wanted to say.

Edit: Wow, Ron Paul has the highest rating on MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18421356/

Buzman
4th May 07, 11:20 AM
Brownback, Tancredo and Huckabee all said they don't believe in evolution.

Kiko
4th May 07, 05:17 PM
Since I did the same for the Dems, it's only fair...
Ten Men Show Ken (http://planetmoron.typepad.com/planet_moron/2007/05/ten_men_show_ke.html)

Kein Haar
4th May 07, 05:35 PM
Ron Paul is pretty cool.

JimmyTheHutt
5th May 07, 10:28 AM

That's due to the co-opting of the Goldwater conservative movement (of which McCain was the inheritor, at least here in AZ) by the religious right wing. He is trying to maintain his "maverick" status and still inherit the base of support from GWB. However, current polling suggests that base has evaporated.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

Dagon Akujin
6th May 07, 12:26 PM
Most disturbing part of the night: Every candidate saying Roe v. Wade being repealed would be a great and wonderful thing. News casters are making a big deal about how Guiliani responded, which was basically saying it'd be great to repeal it, but okay if they didn't.

Brownback WTF? This block of wood is who conservative commentators have been pushing? Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, etc., etc., have been pushing him, but he sees so predictable and stiff that I couldn't imagine his own jesus-kids voting for him.

Other WTF moment: how is it all of these guys can sit there saying how great of a job Bush is doing? Oh, you need to support your president, even when he's wrong, blah blah blah. Ron Paul seemed to be the only guy who didn't go this route, which brings us to...

Ron Paul (http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008)... wow. Breath of fresh air compared to all of those other tools. He's 71, and has had his fingers in more women than the rest of the Republicans, but he hasn't cheated on his wife (he's an OB/GYN). I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this guy as winning the debate. He's the only one who made me want to learn more about him, as everyone else seems to be the same old, scripted, neo-con, "it's only okay when I do it", "God is great!" Replublicans.

What else about Ron Paul...
Voted against the Patriot Act? Cool when nobody else was.
Voted against the Iraq War? Patriotic.
Has never once voted to increase congressional pay? Money where mouth is.
Won the nomination of the Libertarian Party? FREEDOM!
Wants to destroy the IRS and repeal the 16th amendment? Tell me more...

Dagon

nihilist
6th May 07, 12:31 PM
There was a future Democrat who was to lead the world to peace with bipartisan support as a result of his hypnotic and mesmerizing speeches but unfortunately his fetus was removed and skull crushed just prior to his birth.

WarPhalange
6th May 07, 12:50 PM
Was it Bill Clinton?

Shawarma
6th May 07, 12:56 PM
No, he did the skullcrushing. With his peen0r.

Dagon Akujin
6th May 07, 01:03 PM
Then who was the mother?

(if you say Hillary you lose.)

nihilist
6th May 07, 01:08 PM
I can't answer your questions but I do know this:
Many potential future leaders were somehow dehydrated in a stored dress.