PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Iraqi Weightlifter Regrets Toppling Saddam Statue

EmetShamash
20th March 07, 09:00 AM
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/20/1337212
Ex-Iraqi Weightlifter Regrets Toppling Saddam Statue
As Iraqis mark the fourth anniversary of the U.S. invasion, an unlikely critic of the occupation has emerged. Four years ago, images of a prize-winning Iraqi weightlifter named Kadhim al-Jubouri were broadcast around the world. He was videotaped using a sledgehammer to bring down a statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad's Firdous Square. Now al-Jubouri says he regrets his actions. In an interview with the Guardian newspaper he said, “The Americans are worse than the dictatorship. Every day is worse than the previous day.” He said Saddam Hussein was like Stalin but the occupation is proving to be worse.

So, yeah this guy was just some weightlifter in Iraq and got famous for breaking stuff and feels bad now. Nice to see that the big guy still has a heart muscle under those massive man boobs. One day I wish to have giant pectoral muscles... *sigh* one day I will grow breasts.

Teh El Macho
20th March 07, 11:40 AM
Do not understimate the power of the bitch tits!

billy sol hurok
20th March 07, 04:31 PM
Boo-fucking-hoo.

Maybe al-Guardian can dig up some members of the Iraqi soccer team, and ask them how they feel about loosing their head coach-and-torturer, Uday. (Or was it Qusey? Whatever.)

ICY
20th March 07, 05:15 PM
Saddam was unquestionably better.

Thinkchair
20th March 07, 11:16 PM
Boo-fucking-hoo.

Maybe al-Guardian can dig up some members of the Iraqi soccer team, and ask them how they feel about loosing their head coach-and-torturer, Uday. (Or was it Qusey? Whatever.)

I think everyone is aware that the regime did horrible things, but since its collapse more horrible things have been happening to greater numbers of people than before.

WarPhalange
21st March 07, 12:11 AM
It was safe to go outside under Saddam.