PDA

View Full Version : A World Without America.

Steve
23rd February 07, 03:38 AM
JwAtNILh6uY

Yes, it's that bad.

nihilist
23rd February 07, 04:18 AM
Yea capitalism!

nihilist
23rd February 07, 04:19 AM
Lets hear it for blind patriotism.
Let's tip our hats for FREEDOM!

Iscariot
23rd February 07, 06:46 AM
WTF! I have an urge to punch an American now.

Stick
23rd February 07, 08:24 AM
If you do, you'll only be depriving yourself of life saving vaccines.

Frankly, I do think the world is better off for this country, but that commercial was pretty ridiculous. Apparently no one else could've come up with a Polio vaccine.

Kiko
23rd February 07, 08:29 AM
Don't get me started on vaccines.

WarPhalange
23rd February 07, 09:47 AM
Apparently no one else could've come up with a Polio vaccine.

That's a common misconception, that just anybody can create a vaccine. It's not true. Some vaccines prefer a capitalist and democratic laboratory to be created. On soil from the Western hemisphere. Northwestern, of course.

Still, the Native Americans have to agree with that commercial.

billy sol hurok
23rd February 07, 09:50 AM
WTF! I have an urge to punch an American now.
*Pre-emptively shoots Iscariot in the face*

"You then eat the banana, thus rendering the pommy furrin turrist git helpless."

Seraphim
23rd February 07, 10:10 AM
'A world without America' would speak german.

Shawarma
23rd February 07, 10:29 AM
Instead it speaks American and is ruled by a man who can't pronounce the word "nuclear."

Wow, improvement.

Seraphim
23rd February 07, 10:33 AM
Instead it speaks American and is ruled by a man who can't pronounce the word "nuclear."

Wow, improvement.

Technically, is are correct.

Yes, I agree.

Liffguard
23rd February 07, 11:45 AM
I like how they seem to think that world history would follow broadly the same path as it has despite the absence of arguably the most influential nation of the century.

Hint: without America the last fifty years would have been so different that trying to retroactively predict it is utterly pointless.

mrblackmagic
23rd February 07, 01:41 PM
What happened to all the loonies who were kicked out of Europe for "ethical" reasons? I'll tell you. They finished their great works in America. It's the-look-the-other-way policy (and its corollery let-them-tire-themselves-out-first policy)that made us great

WarPhalange
23rd February 07, 04:46 PM
I like how US history starts right before (or I guess after) WW2, and before that all of history would be the same.

Virus
24th February 07, 07:39 AM
It's pretty easy to say what the world would be like without America when you get to invent your own hypothetical world events.

Shawarma
24th February 07, 09:25 AM
I like how Americans usually refer to their native country as "The States" or "USA" when speaking casually but as "AMERIKUH!" when switching into patriot-mode.

billy sol hurok
24th February 07, 09:40 AM
I like how Americans usually refer to their native country as "The States" or "USA" when speaking casually but as "AMERIKUH!" when switching into patriot-mode.
ˇYou esé!
ˇYou esé!
ˇYou esé!

& c.

mrblackmagic
24th February 07, 11:49 AM

So I'd say I'm A-MERKIN?

nihilist
24th February 07, 01:39 PM
It's hard to be humble when you are as fantastical as Ahmurikur.

ICY
24th February 07, 04:33 PM
A world without America be the most fantastic thing ever. EVER.

nihilist
24th February 07, 04:47 PM
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator,"

-GWB

Steve
24th February 07, 06:09 PM
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator,"

-GWB

Not that I doubt you, but source pls.

AAAhmed46
24th February 07, 06:41 PM
wait...why is everyone british.....WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?

Liffguard
24th February 07, 06:55 PM
The last 230 years were just to lull you into a false sense of secuirty. As we speak, the SAS are storming the white-house and all of your dictionaries are being corrected.

AAAhmed46
24th February 07, 07:14 PM
Color...colour....which is it?

Steve
24th February 07, 07:16 PM
Crazy Commonwealth spelling...

*snicker*

nihilist
24th February 07, 08:31 PM
Not that I doubt you...

yeah right (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=If+this+were+a+dictatorship%2C+it+would+be+a+hec k+of+a+lot+easier%2C+just+so+long+as+I%27m+the+dic tator%2C%22&btnG=Google+Search)

nihilist
24th February 07, 08:34 PM
"There ought to be limits to freedom." -GWB

Steve
24th February 07, 08:45 PM
yeah right (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=If+this+were+a+dictatorship%2C+it+would+be+a+hec k+of+a+lot+easier%2C+just+so+long+as+I%27m+the+dic tator%2C%22&btnG=Google+Search)

Seriously, I'd never doubt you.

I just wanted to know where that quote was from. Honest........

"There ought to be limits to freedom." -GWB

Ok, now that shit is just made up! Come on, being President takes at least a little bit of tact and brains... Right, right...?

What a tool.

DAYoung
25th February 07, 03:07 AM
A WORLD WITHOUT AMERICA?

NO!

No nachos, burritos, refried beans? No Eva Mendez or Salma Hayek? No Zapatistas? No-

Oh. You mean the United States.

Meh.

AAAhmed46
25th February 07, 03:11 AM
No Salma Hayek?

Say it aint so pa.

Shawarma
25th February 07, 04:30 AM
As for the GWB quotes on this one, he was clearly joking when he said the bit about dictatorship, and you can hardly argue that there ought to be limits to freedom insofar as hurting others is concerned.

Steve
25th February 07, 04:43 AM
PARTY POOPER!!!

Please stay to caring about your own politicians.

You anti-terrorist.

DAYoung
25th February 07, 04:45 AM
As for the GWB quotes on this one, he was clearly joking when he said the bit about dictatorship, and you can hardly argue that there ought to be limits to freedom insofar as hurting others is concerned.

He was serious.

SOMEBODY STOP HIM.

P.S. Shawarma is swarthy and dangerous.

Liffguard
25th February 07, 05:18 AM
Without America I wouldn't have been born and trust me, my non-existence would not be a burden the world could bear.

DAYoung
25th February 07, 05:32 AM
We'll see about that in about 70 years.

AAAhmed46
25th February 07, 06:20 AM
I care if he existed...i care.

Dont i matter?

Lucky Seven
25th February 07, 12:56 PM
No.

WarPhalange
25th February 07, 01:35 PM

Except he wasn't saying "Your freedom to throw a punch ends where my nose begins.", he was saying "Those guys were making fun of me! They shouldn't."

Steve
25th February 07, 01:55 PM
I care if he existed...i care.

Dont i matter?

See, it always ends up being about YOU.

It's your 'caring' that makes you so selfish. You should work on that.

AAAhmed46
25th February 07, 02:10 PM
See, it always ends up being about YOU.

It's your 'caring' that makes you so selfish. You should work on that.

Your words wound me!

MEANY!

Steve
25th February 07, 05:33 PM
Hey, I'm sorry but some lessons are rough ones to learn.

You'll thank me in a few years.

Artful Dentures
25th February 07, 06:15 PM
The point is while Americans are boorish, shallow, arrogant assholes we're still a better alternative to anything else.

As a dual Canadian American I can be both humble and an asshole at the same time.

Yea for me!!!

KidSpatula
25th February 07, 08:19 PM
If you do, you'll only be depriving yourself of life saving vaccines.

Frankly, I do think the world is better off for this country, but that commercial was pretty ridiculous. Apparently no one else could've come up with a Polio vaccine.

That commercial totally reminded me of the beginning of Equilibrium.

"The symptom... is hate... the symptom... is violence... the disease... is human emotion."

Kein Haar
28th February 07, 01:21 PM
Wait a second...my WIFE is American.

She will rue the day she thought she'd come home early to play with puppies.

::sharpening something::