PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Questions.

Aaranar
16th February 07, 03:21 PM
Not really safe for work.

FtEp5yc-g3A

Steve
16th February 07, 10:16 PM
My favorite BaratsAndBereta video:

bhcA4Ry65FU

nihilist
17th February 07, 10:46 PM
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to eunich.

WarPhalange
18th February 07, 03:35 AM
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by taking the bus.

DAYoung
18th February 07, 05:41 AM
Poop Loops has car-pooled the correct.

Anna Kovacs
18th February 07, 10:48 PM
I've been driving since I was 16 (I am now 24) and have never had car insurance.

I can't say how much I'd have to pay a month if I had insurance but let's assume 100 dollars a month.

By not having car insurance I've saved myself about 10,000 dollars over the past bunch of years.

I figure if I wreck at this point then not having insurance has more or less payed for itself.

WarPhalange
18th February 07, 10:57 PM
Except for the whole "Oh snap, it's just a fender bender! PLEASE don't call the Powleece!!" part.

DAYoung
18th February 07, 11:01 PM
I've been driving since I was 16 (I am now 24) and have never had car insurance.

I can't say how much I'd have to pay a month if I had insurance but let's assume 100 dollars a month.

By not having car insurance I've saved myself about 10,000 dollars over the past bunch of years.

I figure if I wreck at this point then not having insurance has more or less payed for itself.

100$ a month - WHAT?

We pay $500 a year.

WarPhalange
18th February 07, 11:13 PM
And that's Australian.

We were paying around $300/month for 3 cars (3 shitty cars, I might add) until we switched to I think ~$180/month for the 3 cars.

bob
18th February 07, 11:15 PM
100$ a month - WHAT?

We pay $500 a year.

Not round here. Up to $2000/year.

Anna Kovacs
18th February 07, 11:28 PM
Except for the whole "Oh snap, it's just a fender bender! PLEASE don't call the Powleece!!" part.

They give you a ticket for driving without insurance. OH NOEZ

I'ce actually been ticketed for it before. The penalty? I had to get a six month insurance policy and show it to the judge, who then dismissed the ticket.

DAYoung
18th February 07, 11:38 PM
Not round here. Up to $2000/year.

See? This is why Sydney's crap.

WarPhalange
19th February 07, 12:09 AM
They give you a ticket for driving without insurance. OH NOEZ

I'ce actually been ticketed for it before. The penalty? I had to get a six month insurance policy and show it to the judge, who then dismissed the ticket.

Don't you also get your car towed or something?

polishillusion
19th February 07, 02:08 PM
In NYC they club your car then take it away.

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 03:17 PM
They don't do that in tennessee or in georgia.

billy sol hurok
19th February 07, 03:51 PM

That would be just swell if you were only playing with your own marbles. But you're driving on public roads, with other humans.

If you don't want to insure yourself for collision/comprehensive, well that's your bet to take. I'm not aware of any states that require you to do so.

But liabiliaty? Suppose you take out a family breadwinner. Granted, the $100/300k* isn't going to feed his family forever, but it would be something at least. There's a fucking reason that people who chose to hurl along in a couple tons of steel are required by law** to insulate others from their mistakes.

Don't get me wrong; insurers are the scum of the earth, and have been for many centuries.

But that doesn't excuse you cheaping out on the theory that you're too good a driver, or however you manage to sleep at night. Illegal aliens drive without insurance because they want to hide from the system; what's your excuse again?

I hope I misunderstood your post. Because driving around uninsured is incredibly selfish, fuckheaded and short-sighted.

______
*Typical minimum liability coverage requirement, I believe. I'm also assuming that your victim hasn't ponied up for Uninsured Asshole Coverage.

**How the hell do you register a car without proof of insurance?

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:19 PM
Never thought of it that way.

More often then not I dont have 100 or so extra bucks lying around to throw at something that does nothing for me. When I have enough spare money to afford a bed to sleep on rather then a mattress on the floor in my furnitureless apartment, I'll consider getting insurance.

In the mean time the world will have to roll on without me doing my part.

bob
19th February 07, 08:21 PM
So you don't have compulsory third party insurance in the states?

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:22 PM
PS: encourage family breadwinners to get life insurance rather then being hopeful that everyone on the road has their ass covered.

polishillusion
19th February 07, 08:23 PM
i am wondering.... when you get in a crash, what happens? you giggle at the persons car you ruined? in nyc you get your car taken away for no insurance.

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:24 PM
Then I pay for it out of pocket.

polishillusion
19th February 07, 08:28 PM
so, you, without furniture or anything will pay off the massive hospital bills, possibly $25,000+ for car, plus you will go in front of the judge saying "sorry i didn't have insurance?"

man i really hope you never get a accident. wouldn't it be better to find a way to survive without a car?

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:32 PM
Thats the plan, shit happens in life and you deal with it and thats all you can do.

polishillusion
19th February 07, 08:34 PM
don't you live in Atlanta? you could do it without a car.

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:35 PM
man i really hope you never get a accident. wouldn't it be better to find a way to survive without a car?

I'm not going to massively inconvience myself to prevent the big disaster that might well never happen for the greater good. Sorry. I am no ones savior. I've got my own ass to watch out for first.

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 08:37 PM
I could quite probably survive without a car, in fact my car was in the shop for a week and a half just recently which resulted in me having to hoof it half a mile up hill to the grocery store in the fuckin cold every damn day to carry what little provisions I could fit in my backpack.

But I didnt like that. So i'm not going to do it simply because something bad might happen.

polishillusion
19th February 07, 09:04 PM
complaining about the cold in Atlanta? HA HA HA You sounds so bitter and cold to the world. Thats why it loves you.

DAYoung
19th February 07, 09:04 PM
So you don't have compulsory third party insurance in the states?

That might attack their fr33d0ms.

Anna Kovacs
19th February 07, 09:15 PM
man I've been in the south my whole life, anything below 50 is cold, anything below 35 is way to fuckin cold.

DAYoung
19th February 07, 10:10 PM
man I've been in the south my whole life, anything below 50 is cold, anything below 35 is way to fuckin cold.

In The Best of the Best, the Korean Tae Kwon Do team run in snow, and then do strenuous physical tasks.

Y0u 1z pussy.

AnnaT 1z Tae Kwon Downed

Sun Wukong
19th February 07, 10:19 PM
Did anyone happen to see Best of the Best:2?

It was on par with the Blood Sport sequals and had absolutely nothing to do with the first one. Of course, IIRC, they tried to make it more edgy by having what appeared to be a flaming Bo-Staff fight in life or death conditions...