PDA

View Full Version : American Fighter Pilots Fire On British Friendlies

Steve
16th February 07, 01:31 AM
The video(s) that shows that the American Army is stretched way to thin (reservist pilots, perhaps they don't know what they are doing?).

America firing on friendlies in Iraq, it's been in the news recently:

part 1
eNGSyACeY8A

part 2
PcGoXiUOsqA

WarPhalange
16th February 07, 04:04 AM
Friendlies? You mean the fuckers who wouldn't let us become our own country? Fuck them.

Truculent Sheep
16th February 07, 07:21 AM
Friendlies? You mean the fuckers who wouldn't let us become our own country? Fuck them.

We were afraid you wouldn't be able to behave well on your own...

Iscariot
16th February 07, 11:45 AM
Don't blame this on fucking reservists, look at the first Gulf War, we lost more people to your 'elite' pilots than we did to the fucking Iraqis.

Steve
16th February 07, 12:33 PM
I don't care if it was reservists or the Blue Angles, it's pretty messed up.

It's just what I heard on the news blurb about the video, I doubt that they're going to want to show and go over the whole video on American TV.

billy sol hurok
16th February 07, 12:45 PM
I saw a shorter clip of it on American news a couple days ago -- probably around 20-30 seconds' worth.

Didn't the incident actually occur a couple years ago? IIRC, the investigation was ongoing, and the reason it made news was that some git leaked the video to the British media, who of course ran with it. Which threw a monkey wrench into the investigation process, or whatever.

Sure doesn't look like pilot error to me. If you get a visual on clearly military vehicles, and receive assurance that there are no friendlies in the area . . .

WarPhalange
16th February 07, 02:05 PM
Don't blame this on fucking reservists, look at the first Gulf War, we lost more people to your 'elite' pilots than we did to the fucking Iraqis.

Because you're either with us, or you're against us.

And really, what we mean you either are us, or you are against us.

USA!! USA!!

http://www.cajunimages.com/images/American%20Flag.jpg

mrblackmagic
16th February 07, 02:22 PM
Honesty time. We're still sour about the stamp tax.

Steve
17th February 07, 12:15 AM
Didn't the incident actually occur a couple years ago?

2003, if I remember correctly.

Sun Wukong
17th February 07, 05:09 AM

Shit, WE LOST more people to our 'elite' pilots than we did to the iraqi's. And they want us to give them bunkerbusters? Fuck that.

Shawarma
17th February 07, 05:40 AM
Isn't it more a case of the pilots being pretty damn elite and the people giving them their targets being less elite?

Liffguard
17th February 07, 07:16 AM
Seeing as the various pilots were talking about two different targets and that they thought the orange identification pannels were rocket launchers I'm gonna say, no.

Iscariot
17th February 07, 11:40 AM
To illustrate Liffguard's wonderful point, an orange sheet:
http://www.nicolecrafts.com/content/products/large/FOM%20517.JPG
and a rocket launcher:
http://www.militarypictures.info/d/292-2/RM_70.jpg

Now, I'm unsure as to the exact nature and content of the 'elite' training that these pilots recieve from 'the greatest nation in the world' but even I, as a mere civilian, am seeing some slight differences.

jubei33
20th February 07, 04:37 AM
its probably easy to mistake things being 10000 ft up at that speed. Plus the fact they were given bad info doesnt help much either.

Iscariot
20th February 07, 04:49 AM
its probably easy to mistake things being 10000 ft up at that speed.
Are you actually retarded?

Watch the video, how many passes did they make over the area before engaging?

And one small detail, if you look at the visual reference I have provided you will notice that ROCKET LAUNCHERS AREN'T FUCKING ORANGE!!!

The pilot of the second plane clearly states he can see orange, how much of a clue does it take that this might be the agreed upon way of saying 'do not engage'?

Shawarma
20th February 07, 01:08 PM
Well, yaknow, they're used to seeing all this footage of tayorists at Gitmo wearing bright orange jumpsuits, so naturally they assumed that's what your average tayorist wears in his natural environment.

Easy mistake to make.

jubei33
20th February 07, 07:30 PM
Are you actually retarded?

are you actually a pilot?

accidents happen, now take some vallium and relax and then tell me its not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Their controller gave them bad intel and gave them the green light, its more his mistake.

Iscariot
21st February 07, 10:20 AM
are you actually a pilot?

accidents happen, now take some vallium and relax and then tell me its not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Their controller gave them bad intel and gave them the green light, its more his mistake.
Simple question, are rocket launchers orange? Yes or no? You can refer to the handy visual aid I have provided.

It says quite clearly on the footage that they saw orange, the 'do not engage' signal. They were given permission and then themselves engaged. Incompetence all around. Hallmark of America.

TM
21st February 07, 02:36 PM
The number one thing all hunters and soldiers need to have down is FUCKING TARGET IDENTIFICATION!!!

Sorry for the shouting but how goddamn basic is this? Housewives getting shot by deer hunters hanging up their fucking laundry in their own yards and anyone getting killed by "friendly" fire is totally unexeptable. I prescribe beating.

jubei33
21st February 07, 06:38 PM
maybe if you spray paint them...