PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal Rising

Steve
26th January 07, 12:39 AM
ANOTHER LECTOR FILM!!!1!!

Silence of the Lambs, loved it.

Hannibal, s'ok.

Red Dragon, loved it but not quite as much as the first film.

Now a new film....

V_FJ6RQhOQc

sW-31cvnBPc

Yb51xYZ0T3U

Will it be good, or should they have left it off of the franchise's plate?

Official Site (http://www.weinsteinco.com/hannibal/)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0367959/

ThaiBoxerShorts
26th January 07, 01:54 AM
Anthony Hopkins is Hannibal Lector. He totally owns the role. With a different actor, I'm just not interested.

Iscariot
26th January 07, 02:58 AM
Reading really is the way forward children. This came out late November I think, I've finally managed to fit it on to my reading list. About a third of the way through at the moment. The major causal event won't be a shock for anyone who's read Hannibal, and from there it's the formative years of Lecter's personality and outlook.

As far as the films go, Hannibal is my personal favourite due to tone, technique and execution, even though Scott changed the ending completely, he still managed to stay true to the characters. Lambs comes second on my list, mainly due to the fact I've seen it analysed to death and it's lost some of that edge. Manhunter comes in third due to the fact they were trying to imply that Graham was psychic. Coming in dead last is Red Dragon, all that talent and Brett Ratner manages to fuck it all up just like he did to X3, talentless hack should go back to being Michael Jackson's buddy full time.

The new film will interest me though, I'm a fan of the saga. Plus I might be changing the subject of my dissertation to Lecter.

mrblackmagic
26th January 07, 12:48 PM
Why Mr. Blackmagic is going to see this: Gong Li

Iscariot
26th January 07, 01:37 PM
Why Mr. Blackmagic is going to see this: Gong Li
Oh good God no. They didn't cast her as Lady Murasaki did they?

What a waste.

AAAhmed46
26th January 07, 03:24 PM
What? No red haird FBI agent to adore in this movie?

Boo.

mrblackmagic
27th January 07, 11:11 AM
Oh good God no. They didn't cast her as Lady Murasaki did they?

What a waste.

Sure did.

Iscariot
27th January 07, 01:04 PM
Sure did.
And I had some hope for this film.

Nevermind....

mrblackmagic
29th January 07, 08:37 AM
Being that I've never read any of the books. Please enlighten me on your complaints.

And yes. Red Dragon was a waste.

Iscariot
29th January 07, 09:02 AM
I'm halfway through HR (haven't been arsed to read the last couple of days) but the part suggests someone older and with a greater bearing than I've seen Li capable of.

I can see why they've cast her, but I probably would have gone with a theatre trained unknown.

Sun Wukong
30th January 07, 02:11 AM
And i thought this thread was going to be about the "other" Hannibal...

mrblackmagic
30th January 07, 07:28 AM
I'm halfway through HR (haven't been arsed to read the last couple of days) but the part suggests someone older and with a greater bearing than I've seen Li capable of.

I can see why they've cast her, but I probably would have gone with a theatre trained unknown.

Consider everybody else is in the film is theatre trained unknowns. Eh, well.

And i thought this thread was going to be about the "other" Hannibal...

Who? Brian Cox?

Iscariot
30th January 07, 09:59 AM
Who? Brian Cox?
No, Village Idiat Hannibal.

mrblackmagic
31st January 07, 08:58 AM
No, Village Idiat Hannibal.

F. Murray Abraham?

Dom DeLuise?

TM
5th February 07, 11:09 AM
Think Carthage.

I think they've whipped this dead horse enough not to even want to see it when it hits TV {probably in the next few months} for free.