PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy but possibly cool (in a cheesy kind of way) fanstasy movie

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 07:19 PM
This is the trailer for a independent direct-to-video sword-and-sorcery flick currently in the final stages of post-production. Normally I wouldn't be interested in such things.

However, one of the instructors from my gym is in it, therefore it's awesome and you should all buy it when it comes out.

I was offered an opportunity to appear as an extra, but I declined. I would have been slaughtered by orcs. I don't like being slaughtered by orcs.

(Actually, I think I just had something else going on that day.)

But anyway...

p35thkHoyCQ

(Now let's see if I managed to do the yt tags right this time.)

DAYoung
13th January 07, 08:39 PM
That doesn't look bad at all (for what it is). The acting's not cringeworthy, the sets and costumes are solid, and the CGI isn't awful.

Hmmm...

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 09:08 PM
Follow-up: The guy from my gym isn't in the trailer. However, he appears in this behind-the-scenes thingy:

tEsluNshEmk

He shows up at about 3:30, wearing chainmail armor and a yellow tabbard. I'm pretty sure he was also involved in fight scene coordination.

Also, I owe him 20 bucks.

DAYoung
13th January 07, 09:13 PM
That's a solid beard.

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 09:18 PM
It's fake. He has no beard in real life, nor did he when filming was underway.

DAYoung
13th January 07, 09:24 PM
LIES!

This is he...

http://www.antiquemapsandprints.com/p-10199.jpg

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 09:40 PM
As awesome as that picture is, he looks more like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/thaiboxerjohn/.Pictures/Camp02MikeMick2-534x398.jpg

The one with hair, that is. Not as much, you'll notice, as in the clip. Because that was fake too.

DAYoung
13th January 07, 10:00 PM
Why is he hugging that bald man? Are they lovers?

'Cause that's OK.

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 10:01 PM
They're hugging with one arm and fighting with the other, and those two actions cancel each other out, so they're really just standing there next to each other.

DAYoung
13th January 07, 10:06 PM
I think you'll find that fighting and holding equals San Francisco bathhouse, c. 1972.

ThaiBoxerShorts
13th January 07, 10:08 PM
Oh.

Well, he is in show business...

bad credit
23rd January 07, 12:30 AM
Where's all the swordfighting? Needs more swordfighting. Oh, and bows and arrows.

billy sol hurok
23rd January 07, 08:05 AM
Wow, you train with Gary Sinese?

Sirc
25th January 07, 03:05 AM
That's actually not that bad.