PDA

View Full Version : Superman Vs. Imperial Japan, and Other WWII Cartoons

Stick
11th January 07, 03:21 PM
Something's a little odd about the audio here, oh well, what else can you expect form the 40's.

6M5WUiJkH-E

Donald Duck does his part for the war effort

3UmTniC5RFU

Oh Loony Tunes, "Tokio Jokio".

YdhGfefEsOw

The Home Front.... a Private Snafu film..... Snafu, you've got to be kidding me. Oh, and dirty dirty grandpa

D2dW5JM8qpY

Snafu vs t3h spies! Seriously, this is a War Department cartoon, what the hell- I wonder what cartoons the DoD has made? Seriously, she's got microphone titties, WTF?!

M29dtn1DqU8

SNAFUperman, education is important you dolt! Snafu teaches us the importance of studying your field manual.

lVrqde5gdaI

AAAhmed46
11th January 07, 03:30 PM
I love how everyone is drawn.

Neildo
11th January 07, 03:37 PM
That was like an animation history lesson. Thanks Professor Tenshi!

frumpleswift
11th January 07, 03:39 PM
Why is super man being all sneaky and pussy-footing around? He should just fly into the center of the fleet and unload. I mean he is bulletproof and nigh-invulnerable after all.

He could take out Japan in a few hours, fly to Germany, take out der fuhrer, and still have time to save the world from the red menace that evening.

Too bad he wasn't gifted with super-brains to go with everything else.

Sirc
11th January 07, 04:21 PM
Superman h45 t3h r341 n1nj175u.

Stick
11th January 07, 04:37 PM
I like the SNAFU cartoons best.

edit:

SNAFU does camo

kLZKIAialAc

SNAFU does booby traps.... seriously booby traps.

kHCX-231818

bob
11th January 07, 04:44 PM
Why is super man being all sneaky and pussy-footing around? He should just fly into the center of the fleet and unload. I mean he is bulletproof and nigh-invulnerable after all.

He could take out Japan in a few hours, fly to Germany, take out der fuhrer, and still have time to save the world from the red menace that evening.

Too bad he wasn't gifted with super-brains to go with everything else.

* ahem *
[nerd on] Superman became progressively more powerful as time went on. The whole 'leaps tall buildings in a single bound' was really all he could do to begin with, he couldn't fly. Ditto for his strength and invulnerability - he could lift a car and stop a single bullet but he couldn't stop an artillery shell or take out an aircraft carrier. That kind of shit only came in the Silver Age. [/nerd off]

Shawarma
11th January 07, 05:21 PM
More propaganda from Disney. Nice to hear actual German in a Disney movie, though.
W4h9tbKxY_I

And here is a true classic: Der Führer's Face, starring Donald Duck.
G6iB-bGwk1M

Dude, it's not that hard, check out the sticky here in the video forum to see how to use [yt] tags.

-Dai

Shawarma
11th January 07, 05:30 PM
Oh fnarglecock. I hate the sociocide way of embedding videos.

Stick
11th January 07, 05:48 PM
My patience is limmitless.

frumpleswift
11th January 07, 06:05 PM
* ahem *
[nerd on] Superman became progressively more powerful as time went on. The whole 'leaps tall buildings in a single bound' was really all he could do to begin with, he couldn't fly. Ditto for his strength and invulnerability - he could lift a car and stop a single bullet but he couldn't stop an artillery shell or take out an aircraft carrier. That kind of shit only came in the Silver Age. [/nerd off]

so is his intelligence inversely proportional to his super powers?

bob
11th January 07, 06:26 PM
so is his intelligence inversely proportional to his super powers?

I think he could be read as an ongoing metaphor for US military strength as it relates to foreign policy wisdom.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Shawarma
11th January 07, 06:29 PM
The retardedness of the Superman character is directly proportionate with his power.

AAAhmed46
11th January 07, 06:59 PM
Silence you!

Super-man can be really well written lots of times.

There are some good super-man stories out there.

Shawarma
11th January 07, 07:02 PM
That hardly alters the fact that the Superman character is really stupid, mainly because he's so incredibly powerful that the villains he need to fight also need to be super-powerful to the point of being ridiculous, or just happen to have kryptonite, which appears to be more common than lead because EVERYBODY seems to have it.

Good stories, bad character. Batman's better, both old campy Batman and the new Badass Batman.

frumpleswift
11th January 07, 09:21 PM
The retardedness of the Superman character is directly proportionate with his power.

isn't that what i said?

you are correct. batman kicks ass. movie wise, comic wise, character concept wise.

what sounds better at first glance: do-gooding alien with super powers, or insane genius vigilante?

jubei33
16th January 07, 06:29 AM
you know its funny that the Japanese at least were smart enough to figure out that Clark Kent was superman, unlike retarded Lois lane.