PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Steve
29th December 06, 12:11 AM
I've always liked the Silver Surfer...

ps15AItGEX0

High def link: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

Edit: whoops! totally not the right link before!!!

Yiktin Voxbane
29th December 06, 12:28 AM
Cool, I actually enjoyed the first film (well .... most of it) This looks quite good too. I also liked the science lesson right at the end.

DAYoung
29th December 06, 12:37 AM
That's very cool.

Does the Silver Surfer still get respect in the comic world?

Steve
29th December 06, 12:40 AM
I'm chatting with a friend of mine in Japan that draws his own comics (very talented and very much into comics). He sent me that trailer.

He dug it, I dig the Silver Surfer before he sent it to me (tho, I'm not into comics that much), so I'm hoping that the comic nerds out there will say yes.

If they don't, I don't care.

PizDoff
29th December 06, 12:55 AM
Looks more interesting than the first.

blargle
29th December 06, 03:03 AM
Awesome. And Doug Jones is playing SS. This will be worth seeing.

Neildo
29th December 06, 11:05 AM
Dats sum purty CGI thurr.

Odacon
29th December 06, 02:30 PM
This might be not rubbish.

Neildo
29th December 06, 02:34 PM
I had to watch that trailer again. It was so good the first time, it broke my brain.

Xioxou
29th December 06, 02:56 PM
So does this mean Galactus will make an appearance?

Sirc
29th December 06, 03:10 PM
Currently in the Annihilation Series of Silver Surfer, he's doing some pretty fucking BADASS things. Annihilation, if it had better support from Marvel, would save the shitty writing and comic books going on right now.

I <3 Silver surfer.

Iscariot
29th December 06, 05:43 PM
So does this mean Galactus will make an appearance?
From Wiki:
The traditional connection between the Surfer and Galactus seen in the early Fantastic Four comics has not been confirmed, but Tom Rothman, Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has confirmed that Galactus will also appear in the film.

The trailer makes him look badass, until you realise they're going to have Doom steal his powers. Bored now.

Sun Wukong
29th December 06, 07:09 PM
1st thing: The surfer is an awesome character and I always loved his comic.

2nd thing: The FF movie franchise seems to rely on hype to fill seats. To me, it seems like strip mining the comic book industry because the 1st FF movie sucked. The most interesting scenes were the FF using their powers for the first time. Otherwise, it was terrible, but they cashed in on the hype to make a little money.

3rd thing: just from the trailer I can already tell they are moving far from the Surfer's original concept. All this stuff with the surfer being intangible and moving through his board is gonna annoy alot of fans. I'm already annoyed and I just saw this.

(edit: the reason i'm annoyed is that artistic license is generally used to patch holes in a concept. People like the surfer the way he is, there isn't any real reason to change him. The obvious conclusion on why they chose to change him was to make up for their own shortcoming in both script and directing.)

Iscariot
29th December 06, 07:14 PM
3rd thing: just from the trailer I can already tell they are moving far from the Surfer's original concept. All this stuff with the surfer being intangible and moving through his board is gonna annoy alot of fans. I'm already annoyed and I just saw this.
Ok, I'm not a comic book geek, but my reading of Wiki says that the Power Cosmic can do this sort of thing.

ThaiBoxerShorts
29th December 06, 08:52 PM
"I just bought this tux!"

What tux? Looks like a black suit to me.

Iscariot
29th December 06, 09:07 PM
"I just bought this tux!"

What tux? Looks like a black suit to me.
Shock News! This just in from our intrepid reporters in the field!
Superheroes fail to distinguish between types of evening wear!

Shawarma
29th December 06, 09:08 PM
Fantastic Four sucks anyway. Why'd anyone want to go see a movie with the four most overrated comic book characters ever.

Well, I tell a lie. Superman is the most overrated.

Osiris
30th December 06, 01:14 AM

Erm, he has that power. Done it in the comics I hear.

As far as the character goes, guess who's working with galactus again?

mrblackmagic
30th December 06, 02:31 AM
The surfer can phase through matter except it was presented as light instead of liquid in the comics.

Any who.

I will be in line to see this. I'll agree with Ketchens' second point that hype over took the movie. That's why I didn't see until last week on cable and guess what: I loved it. I feel bad I didn't get to see in theaters because ad agencies only show action sequences in what is otherwise a drama (The Hulk anyone).

Sirc
30th December 06, 03:44 AM
Here's hoping for Spider-man 3.

Sun Wukong
1st January 07, 05:32 PM
I guess I haven't been keeping up, and it has been awhile since i read the comic. I don't remember the surfer phasing through matter though. Then again, I haven't actually bought a comic book in nearly a decade.

The surfer working for Galactus again I can see. Galactus kinda casts a long inter-galactic shadow.

mrblackmagic
2nd January 07, 06:05 PM
The imdb summary said Galactus was in it, but there was no listing of whose going to do the voice.

Stick
2nd January 07, 06:36 PM
James Earl Jones.

Or perhaps Patrick Stewart... teehee

DAYoung
3rd January 07, 12:34 AM
Justin Timberlake?

Steve
3rd January 07, 01:10 AM
'Bobcat' Goldthwait?

DAYoung
3rd January 07, 01:13 AM
Bobby McFerrin?

Steve
3rd January 07, 01:25 AM
Clint Eastwood?

DAYoung
3rd January 07, 01:34 AM
Kriss Kross.

Steve
3rd January 07, 01:35 AM
That's two people.

I guess the split personality thing could work....

Arnold Swarchenegger?

mrblackmagic
3rd January 07, 02:29 AM
Tom Waits.

Ian MacShane.

Steve
3rd January 07, 02:33 AM
Barbara Streisand??

mrblackmagic
3rd January 07, 02:37 AM
Della Reese

Steve
3rd January 07, 02:39 AM
Dolly Parton.

Iscariot
3rd January 07, 09:24 AM
As a serious suggestion, with what little I know of Galactus (or should it be Gal Lak Tus, isn't it based on Ultimate version of the comic?) I'd say Jason Isaacs.

mrblackmagic
3rd January 07, 12:57 PM
Seriously, he's going to be completely computer animated and his voice is going to be digitally looped. In essence, anyone who can make "big" gestures and talk in the third person can play him.

Cedric the Entertainer.

OZZ
3rd January 07, 04:31 PM
I hated the first movie. The Surfer is cool but I am betting they screw things up in the film.
Nonetheless, I own FF#48 and I stand to profit regardless.HA!!
BTW I nominate Gilbert Godfreed for the voice of Galactus.

Steve
4th January 07, 06:15 AM
Jodie Foster.

Steve
22nd May 07, 12:28 AM
q3KBvWroBpE

I've searched for the new teaser trailer that was shown with Heroes tonight, no luck. It basically has the SS pwning all of them.

I'm sure it will be up soon, tho.

emboesso
24th May 07, 10:36 AM
As I recall, there never was any "rise" of the Silver Surfer. Galactus revoked his powers to roam the universe in the SS's first appearance. So his first appearance was his most powerful, and each subsequent appearance was him learning to deal with his limitations.

It also took the assistance of The Watcher to repel Galactus. Galactus is an all-powerful being who could digest Superman like soda crackers. Is The Watcher going to assist?

The SS came about in the times of the Beach Boys and the whole southern Cali phenom. Yeah, people still surf but it seems awfully dated. And he's still using a long board for cryin' out loud.

Shawarma
24th May 07, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but the Silver Segway-Driver just doesn't sound as snappy.

Sun Wukong
25th May 07, 02:38 AM
Silver Skater?

Steve
25th May 07, 04:16 AM
Silver Skier.

DAYoung
25th May 07, 04:23 AM
Titanium Tuber?

White-Gold Waverider?

Gold Grommet?

Steve