PDA

View Full Version : Evel Knievel Sues Kanye West.

Steve
13th December 06, 03:22 AM
http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/Dec06/EvelKnievel_150.jpgDec 12, 1:45 PM EST

The Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. -- Evel Knievel has sued Kanye West, taking issue with a music video in which the rapper takes on the persona of "Evel Kanyevel" and tries to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon.

Knievel, whose real name is Robert Craig Knievel, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Tampa on Monday claiming infringement on his trademark name and likeness. He also claims the "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video damage his reputation.

"That video that Kanye West put out is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever seen in my life, and he uses my image to catapult himself on the public," the 68-year-old daredevil said Tuesday.

A spokesman for West said the 28-year-old rapper no comment. The lawsuit seeks damages and to halt distribution of the video.

In the video for "Touch the Sky," released earlier this year, West dons the familiar Knievel star-studded jumpsuit and jumps a canyon in a vehicle "visually indistinguishable" from the one used by Knievel in his failed attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in 1974, the lawsuit said.

The video, which features Pamela Anderson as West's girlfriend, contains "vulgar and offensive sexual images, language and conduct involving `Evel Kanyevel' and women apparently trying to gain his sexual interest," according to the lawsuit.

"The guy just went too far using me to promote his filth to the world," said Knievel, who lives in Clearwater and has been in poor health in recent years. "I'm not in any way that kind of a person."

The lawsuit also names Roc-A-Fella Records, video director Chris Milk and AOL for distributing it.

West was so disappointed at not winning best video for "Touch the Sky" at the MTV Europe Music Awards last month that he crashed the stage when it was presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends."

In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

Knievel failed spectacularly in the 1974 jump. He was secured inside the cockpit and the Sky-Cycle was fired up. But his parachute opened just as he cleared the ramp. After soaring about 1,000 feet, he wound up landing about 20 feet from the river on the rocky south bank. He sustained only scrapes and bruises.

In the video, West's vehicle crashes to the bottom of the canyon in flames.

----------------------------------

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=244698&GT1=7702

Please, don't mess around with Evel Knievel.

In a fight, he'd kill you.

Question!
13th December 06, 03:28 AM
Kanye West is a bitch who makes shitty music, Evel Knievel 0wns him anyday.

Steve
13th December 06, 04:05 AM
Q2xwO1ciEKo

G-G-G Ghost!
13th December 06, 05:14 AM
Who fucking cares, that's what I want to ask Mr. Knievel. It's a parody/cultural reference, Evel's a well-known figure, of course it's going to happen. The daredevil just doesn't like rap and videos featuring sexuality. And of course his health problems may just be giving him the permanent irrits...

Neildo
13th December 06, 11:25 AM
Reference Material.

HAt4Qs0U2Uc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAt4Qs0U2Uc

Phrost
13th December 06, 12:20 PM
Oh thank god none of you fuckers posted:

"Hurr, Evel doesn't care about black people".

Neildo
13th December 06, 12:26 PM
5JDXAin4XkQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JDXAin4XkQ

Stick
13th December 06, 02:09 PM
Fucking Kanye West.

Sirc
13th December 06, 03:38 PM
Ah... Kanye west... It's like everyone knows the joke but him.

ICY
13th December 06, 04:08 PM
Evil Knievel is just a bitter old racist, jealous of Kayne's fame. It's sad to see a washed up, pathetic old man used as a puppet by right-wing racists to tarnish the name of a well respected, talented performer like Mr. West.

Neildo
13th December 06, 04:13 PM
LOL

Alex
13th December 06, 10:03 PM
why does he give a fuck? seriously? whats he got to gain from bagging on what i think is a pretty cool homage to knievel.

i would bet good money that if it was robbie williams or some other white guy in the video there wouldnt be a lawsuit.

Seraphim
13th December 06, 11:56 PM
Evil Knievel is just a bitter old racist, jealous of Kayne's fame. It's sad to see a washed up, pathetic old man used as a puppet by right-wing racists to tarnish the name of a well respected, talented performer like Mr. West.

Teach me to troll like you.

Steve
14th December 06, 12:02 AM
Sorry, you're either born with it (like Cracky) or not.

That just leaves us to bask in his trolly (that's retarded joke speak for glory).

WarPhalange
14th December 06, 12:55 AM
Oh thank god none of you fuckers posted:

"Hurr, Evel doesn't care about black people".

If it's any consolation, I was going to post something like "Kanye doesn't care about white people" or "Kanye doesn't care about daredevils"

Dagon Akujin
15th December 06, 01:15 AM
His real name was actually Knievel?

Holy shit that is awesome. I mean, lots of people with "cool sounding names" just had really shitty names to begin with. Conservative talk-show host "Michael Savage", who wants a "Savage (TM) Nation" is really named Michael Weiner. Does that mean he really wants a "Weiner Nation"?

Cause that'd be awesome.

Dagon

Question!
15th December 06, 01:23 AM
Dagon, I bet that hurts considering what your last name was associated with......

Dagon Akujin
15th December 06, 01:31 AM
Dagon, I bet that hurts considering what your last name was associated with......

You mean wine?

Oh! FUCK!!! You mean [email protected]#!$! (http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100116070&MyToken=6137fd46-5905-4d11-af71-fb45c5da637b)

Here is the sad post (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45845) about whether I should just kill myself.

Dagon "I.N.A.M.A." Akujin

Question!
15th December 06, 01:39 AM
Lol, Dagon 'I Need A Man Association' Akujin.

Osiris
15th December 06, 12:37 PM
Knievel is a washed up loser. Lets be serious, is he being harmed in any way? No. Kanye is just showing his respect for the guy and making a cultural reference. How lame.

Zendetta
15th December 06, 12:52 PM
Kanye showing "respect"? THats fucking hilarious - look at the hissy fits he throws whenever he feels like the world has overlooked his genius.

Evel needs to STFU, but not nearly as much as Kanye.

Osiris
15th December 06, 04:43 PM
Kanye showing "respect"? THats fucking hilarious - look at the hissy fits he throws whenever he feels like the world has overlooked his genius.

Two unrelated points. Arrogance doesn't mean that you can't pay homage to someone.

Evel needs to STFU, but not nearly as much as Kanye.

At least Kanye doesn't demand MONEY when he feels he's been insulted.

Zendetta
15th December 06, 05:03 PM
Maybe unrelated, but I think Kanye's only interested in showing respect to Kanye.

I'm pissed at him for TOTALLY FAILING THE PEOPLE OF NEW ORLEANS.

AND he's an arrogant, self-centered prick (like so many celebs, of course)

PS - Kanye West doesn't care about Mike Myers.

AAAhmed46
17th December 06, 12:27 AM
The only reason Kanye exists is for out entertainment.

The moment he stops entertaining, he fades out of existence.

Question!
17th December 06, 12:40 AM
Of course, entertainment is subjective.

AAAhmed46
17th December 06, 12:43 AM
Insulting and making fun of him is entertaining.

Steve
17th December 06, 12:47 AM
I guess that means he'll be around forever.

Thanks a lot, Ahmed.

ICY
17th December 06, 12:52 AM
I seriously cannot comprehend such vitriol directed at such a classy guy.

WarPhalange
17th December 06, 01:25 AM
His real name was actually Knievel?

Holy shit that is awesome. I mean, lots of people with "cool sounding names" just had really shitty names to begin with. Conservative talk-show host "Michael Savage", who wants a "Savage (TM) Nation" is really named Michael Weiner. Does that mean he really wants a "Weiner Nation"?

Cause that'd be awesome.

Dagon

This should please you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Warrior

TM
19th December 06, 11:13 AM
Kayne and evil are really butt buddies and are just having a lovers spat.

Steve
19th December 06, 01:56 PM
Kayne and evil are really butt buddies and are just having a lovers spat.

Always such amazing insight that you add to every thread you post in.

Thank you.

Shawarma
19th December 06, 02:25 PM
Thread still needs more allusions to Morgan Freeman and Bruce Lee being gay lovers and having cocksparring sessions.

AAAhmed46
19th December 06, 03:25 PM
But Evil is so OLD!!!!

Id expect Kayne to be with someone feminine like Snoop dog.

JimmyTheHutt
19th December 06, 03:28 PM
This should please you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Warrior

Boy, that guy is a complete freak. Makes Freepers look sane.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

AAAhmed46
19th December 06, 08:14 PM
He changed his name to warrior.

Id love to have a name like that.

He used to be my favriote wrestler too. Now it's the boodgey man i like! EATING WORMS!

Yes the warrior is insane.

Sun Wukong
20th December 06, 11:41 AM
steroids make you f-ing nuts if you abuse them apparently.

TM
20th December 06, 12:13 PM
Always such amazing insight that you add to every thread you post in.

Thank you.

Thank you. It's a gift really.

Shawarma
20th December 06, 12:35 PM
Methinks Mr. Warrior just took 1 piledriver or lariat too many to the frontal lobe.

Cormoran
20th December 06, 04:19 PM
I find it amusing that i never heard of this Kanye West until i heard of Knievel sueing him.

ICY
21st December 06, 07:17 AM
steroids make you f-ing nuts if you abuse them apparently.

That's entirely unfiar...to steroids.