PDA

View Full Version : yay! something I did will be on TV!

Wolf
12th December 06, 07:30 PM
Gotta brag about something...

Ok, so I'm currently in graduate school studying computer animation. We've been doing some work on a history channel special entitled "The Russian Navy." It will be on at 8 o'clock tonight then again at midnight. My job was very very small on this project. I just did some particle effects for a couple of short scenes. What does this mean? I added the fire and smoke to a couple of CG animated ships when they shot their guns. Anyway, check it out. I'll be working on more history channel projects and will post them as the air dates come up.

WarPhalange
12th December 06, 09:19 PM
Since youd didn't do too much, I'll only watch like 5 minutes.

Olorin
12th December 06, 10:56 PM
I saw that show tonight…good work.

Wolf
13th December 06, 09:40 AM
Thanks. There was actually a pretty good chunk of my work...well if you count 20 seconds or so a good chunk. My part was creating the gunfire on some of the animated ships in the Battle of Tsushima sequence. I'll be joining the work on a new series coming out soon. I should have a much more substantial role in that.

Iscariot
13th December 06, 09:42 AM
Damn, I thought this was another "The President gets blown by an intern" thread.

ICY
13th December 06, 04:27 PM
^^^Awesome

AAAhmed46
15th December 06, 09:12 PM
Gotta brag about something...

Ok, so I'm currently in graduate school studying computer animation. We've been doing some work on a history channel special entitled "The Russian Navy." It will be on at 8 o'clock tonight then again at midnight. My job was very very small on this project. I just did some particle effects for a couple of short scenes. What does this mean? I added the fire and smoke to a couple of CG animated ships when they shot their guns. Anyway, check it out. I'll be working on more history channel projects and will post them as the air dates come up.

On topic of CGI:

How hard is it to learn programs like Bryce and Daz 3D with good proficiency?