PDA

View Full Version : Half a century later, this is still every bit as amazing as when it was filmed.

ThaiBoxerShorts
10th December 06, 09:12 PM
Puttin' on the ritz!

j02k9t4rP50

It's as though no one has ever managed to top it, even after all these decades... And that makes it all the more amazing.

Steve
10th December 06, 09:17 PM
I still prefer the Young Frankenstein version.

MGN2aa3oQRM

But the original is cool too...

WarPhalange
10th December 06, 09:19 PM
When did The Penguin get so talented? He should just give up on Gotham and go to Hollywood.

AAAhmed46
10th December 06, 10:52 PM
I cant view the first video.

Steve
10th December 06, 10:57 PM
I cant view the first video.

Here:

j02k9t4rP50

Sirc
12th December 06, 05:50 AM
When I was doing ballet, jazz, tap and modern, I had to cut two of them due to scheduling problems. Tap is waaaay awesome but it didn't have as many girls as ballet and jazz did. So I cut tap and modern. Though now I kind of wish I cut jazz instead.

When I come to the mega, I'll see if I can find my tap shoes and do a little number for you guys.

Steve
12th December 06, 11:38 AM
I'm just happy that you cut that crazy, boring, what the hell is going on there?? dance that is called 'modern'.

Sirc
12th December 06, 12:41 PM
I'm just happy that you cut that crazy, boring, what the hell is going on there?? dance that is called 'modern'.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell was going on in there and those classes are filled with women who have something to prove but they don't know what it is and who they're trying to prove it to... and thus wouldn't have late night pillow fights and on the bed wrestling matches with me when we go to out-of-town competitions.

But I DO love this modern dance:

qQY9-OVJOXM

It doesn't start until about 1:30. But man it's pretty awesome. And really if 99% of modern dance were this good, I wouldn't have a problem, otherwise it sucks.

WarPhalange
12th December 06, 01:09 PM
Any discipline or art that has the word "modern" in front of it is shit.

Except for modern physics.

Shawarma
12th December 06, 01:11 PM
Same goes for "Neo."

WarPhalange
12th December 06, 01:17 PM
Except for neon.

Sirc
12th December 06, 01:39 PM
Any discipline or art that has the word "modern" in front of it is shit.

Except for modern physics.

Yeah this is pretty much true. In modern dance, the women have some especially jagged vaginas. I suspect it's because they probably want a nice hot dicking, but won't debase themselves to actually admitting to needing another person. And since we're on the subject of dance, here's my favorite ballerina:

bOdE0P7K0HM

26 Fuetes. That's fucking awesome. Oh how I would grand pilat her to a rond de tat.

And here is some male ballet that's contemporary and really fucking awesome: The dance is called Remanso with music by Enrique Granados the song being, "Valses Poeticos." It's actually about 15 minutes long, but this is one of my favorite parts. I wish I could dance like this guy.

-5vKsvvWdX4

Kiko
12th December 06, 05:50 PM
Except for neon.
Love those!
http://www.versaquatics.com/images/Neon_Tetras.jpg

Steve
13th December 06, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I don't know what the hell was going on in there and those classes are filled with women who have something to prove but they don't know what it is and who they're trying to prove it to... and thus wouldn't have late night pillow fights and on the bed wrestling matches with me when we go to out-of-town competitions.

It doesn't start until about 1:30. But man it's pretty awesome. And really if 99% of modern dance were this good, I wouldn't have a problem, otherwise it sucks.

I have to agree with ya on this one. I could at least try to understand that, put my own story to it if I needed to.

I just hate it when modern dance involves hopping around in a circle and then standing in one place while bobbing etc etc........

ThaiBoxerShorts
14th December 06, 01:26 AM
That chick looks almost like a badass Muay Thai girl I know, except with fewer tattoos (read: She doesn't appear to be covered in them from the neck down).

ThaiBoxerShorts
14th December 06, 01:33 AM
I would love to learn tap. It's by far my favorite type of dancing to watch. But there's no way I have time to begin studying yet another physical discipline. I'm already starting to seriously consider giving up the partnered dancing I do at least once a week now, despite its sheer awesomeness for meeting chicks.

Sometimes you just gotta prioritize, and right now Muay Thai is more important to me. Yes, even more important than meeting chicks, which I think makes me officially fucking nuts.

Stick
14th December 06, 01:58 AM
That is some pretty damn good dancing.

That man could probably kill you with his tap shoes.

But this is still my favorite musical

0zFbc5MzAxk

Sirc
14th December 06, 02:19 AM
In other news, this inspired me to retake my tap classes. Wednesday nights! Class is filled with about 25 girls and 1 me. This is going to be awesome.

Steve
14th December 06, 02:21 AM
Unless they decide to step on your nuts.

Sirc
14th December 06, 03:23 AM
Nah, half the girls in there are girls I grew up dancing with and some new girls who are just fucking SMOKING HOT. I'll have to take pictures next week when I go. :)

DAYoung
14th December 06, 06:24 AM
Fred Astaire. A pair of tap shoes. A cane, tails and top hat. A team of dancers. Music.

BETTER THAN ANYTHING MADONNA, BRITNEY AND JESSICA HAVE EVER DONE, AND WILL EVER DO.

And he did it in one single, un-edited shot.

DAYoung
14th December 06, 06:25 AM
Love those!
http://www.versaquatics.com/images/Neon_Tetras.jpg

I got halfway through typing my rep message, and then I pressed 'Enter'.

Kiko
14th December 06, 08:20 AM
So keep me in suspense. They don't ....???

Semi related to this thread, I'm really bummed that Peter Boyle died yesterday. He will be missed :(

Shawarma
14th December 06, 08:46 AM
Nice video. Just needs more scantily clad girls with big tits shaking their asses, maybe a bit more bling-bling, some of those bouncy hydraulics cars and more use of the word "Nigga" in the lyrics. Then I think we could almost have a hit on our hands.

Yiktin Voxbane
14th December 06, 09:01 AM
Peter Boyle (the tap-monster in Vid#2) was to be later Known as Frank Barone (everyone loves Raymond (NO they don't !) ) , he also had other roles for which he is known . Possibly the most noteable would be in Taxi-driver .

Here was a man ......

And if it were possible, I would give Mucho ++ Rep to Fred, but he seems to not be a poster here .

ThaiBoxerShorts
14th December 06, 12:42 PM
Fred Astaire. A pair of tap shoes. A cane, tails and top hat. A team of dancers. Music.

BETTER THAN ANYTHING MADONNA, BRITNEY AND JESSICA HAVE EVER DONE, AND WILL EVER DO.

And he did it in one single, un-edited shot.
Except there is no team of dancers. They're all Fred. He did slight variations of the same routine several times, and they composited them together using whatever primitive special effects they had back then.

Considering how flawless the timing is in every instance, that makes it even more impressive.

DAYoung
14th December 06, 05:12 PM
Except there is no team of dancers. They're all Fred. He did slight variations of the same routine several times, and they composited them together using whatever primitive special effects they had back then.

Considering how flawless the timing is in every instance, that makes it even more impressive.

Are you serious? If true, that's astonishing.

Dagon Akujin
15th December 06, 01:45 AM
That is some pretty damn good dancing.

That man could probably kill you with his tap shoes.

0zFbc5MzAxk

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Comet again."

Holy shit! I'm sending that to all of my nutty church friends.

ThaiBoxerShorts
15th December 06, 02:38 AM
Are you serious? If true, that's astonishing.
Yes, it's true. Look carefully at the curtains. The wrinkles repeat themselves in an unnatural pattern that belies the crude compositing technique.

Check out the "Blue Skies" entry here. (http://www.filmsite.org/visualeffects2.html)

Turns out he only did the routine three times -- Once for the foreground and two different background variations. When I posted earlier, I was under the mistaken impression that he did the routine once for each instance. Still pretty impressive, though.

DAYoung
15th December 06, 02:43 AM
What a champion. He's better than Jesus.

ThaiBoxerShorts
15th December 06, 02:52 AM
If Jesus was really that awesome, I'd give religion a try.