PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Jack meets the Spartans

MaverickZ
6th December 06, 11:25 PM
So I just recently remembered that there was an episode of Samurai Jack that featured Spartans who are destined to protect a passage. A reference to Thermopylae. It's a good one.

naD2ZVyDWKM
dc0qURcxK0M
0KGoJHw2J68
LXWko0OLBMY

Stick
6th December 06, 11:36 PM
There is no reason whatsoever for this to not be in the Video&MP3s forum. You should know better.

Moved.

AAAhmed46
7th December 06, 01:36 AM
Im surprised he got along so well with them i mean...doesn't Jack have really really strict ethics?

NOt that the spartans didn't, they did.

But the whole babies off the cliffs thing probably wouldn't sit well with Jack.

I guess im analyzing a kid's show too deep.

Sirc
7th December 06, 07:42 PM
What the fuck was up with that gay rap song? Otherwise I love Samurai Jack, I even have his GC game. It's pretty cool.

ICY
7th December 06, 07:52 PM
You have a Gamecube? WTFGAY?

Stick
7th December 06, 09:06 PM
Im surprised he got along so well with them i mean...doesn't Jack have really really strict ethics?

NOt that the spartans didn't, they did.

But the whole babies off the cliffs thing probably wouldn't sit well with Jack.

I guess im analyzing a kid's show too deep.

Considering that historically samurai tested their swords on criminals- criminals often guilty of no more than petty theft-, had full reign to behead peasants who did not bow quickly enough, it was common practice to kill the entire family of an enemy- including babies- ya know, I'll just stop there.

It's safe to say that on Cartoon Network's show where Jack the samurai has the ethics/morals of a 21st century American that the Spartans on the same show are equally enlightened.

AAAhmed46
8th December 06, 12:35 AM
i guess, especially since they also have demons and robots.

Yeah too much stupid thought on my part.

AAAhmed46
9th December 06, 12:42 AM
Considering that historically samurai tested their swords on criminals- criminals often guilty of no more than petty theft-, had full reign to behead peasants who did not bow quickly enough, it was common practice to kill the entire family of an enemy- including babies- ya know, I'll just stop there.

It's safe to say that on Cartoon Network's show where Jack the samurai has the ethics/morals of a 21st century American that the Spartans on the same show are equally enlightened.

Though i would like to add that the samurai sword testing on criminals guilty of stupid ass crimes was seen as corruption even in those days, only that no one could do anything about it or tried.

While the baby killing thing in sparta was widely accepted.

But me making that comparison is pretty stupid, an entire society i guess cannot be defined by shit like this, saying one society is more ethicial then another depends on the time period i guess and the circumstances.