PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns sequel: The Man of Steel

AAAhmed46
10th November 06, 04:10 AM
Superman Returns sequel: The Man of Steel

http://movies.ign.com/articles/745/745173p1.html

Superman Sequel Title?
And Singer is still interested in the X-Men.

November 9, 2006 - With Bryan Singer now confirmed as the director of the next Superman movie, the rumor mill has offered up what may very well be the title for the sequel.

According to IESB.net, the working title for the follow-up to Superman Returns will be Superman: The Man of Steel. The site says Warner Bros. had no comment.

Singer advised fans at this year's Comic-Con that the sequel will be the Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan to the first film's Star Trek: The Motion Picture, meaning more action and less talk.

In related news, The Honolulu Advertiser caught up with Bryan Singer and learned that the Superman sequel "will likely begin production mid- to late next year in a location yet to be determined."

X-Men veteran Singer also expressed interest in helming Hugh Jackman's Wolverine spinoff.

Though it wasn't confirmed, there's a good chance that it will be called The Man of Steel considering that the sequel to Batman Begins is titled The Dark Knight, which is more than fine with me. And if Singer is in charge of the Wolverine spin-off, that might mean he'll end up doing an X-4 at some point if all goes well.

AAAhmed46
10th November 06, 04:11 AM
Doomsday....PLEASE have doomsday........

Odacon
10th November 06, 08:22 AM
Doomsday me bollix, bring on Darkseid.

JimmyTheHutt
10th November 06, 09:24 AM
Doomsday me bollix, bring on Darkseid.

For something like this, it would have to be the Eradicator, in his original, non-friendly form.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy the Hutt

Iscariot
10th November 06, 09:30 AM
If this news could be any older, we'd have to put it in the Archeology section.

Singer has expressed a desire to use General Zod, he tried to have him in Superman Returns, but couldn't get his first choice actor so rewrote the entire script. Odds are he'll try that again.

Sirc
10th November 06, 04:00 PM
General Zod wouldn't be that great of a character for a motion picture. Please, PLEASE Darkseid or Doomsday. If not then at least like Bizzaro Superman. Oh man that'd be great.

AAAhmed46
10th November 06, 04:30 PM
If they do Bizzaro, he had better have Bizzaro speak!!!!!

Artful Dentures
10th November 06, 06:46 PM
They should do gay superman

bob
10th November 06, 09:39 PM
They did.

Keith
10th November 06, 11:35 PM
In order to make a Superman movie interesting, they need a villan that can punch Superman in his face hard enough to spoil his looks. Next Superman movie: I wanna know what color Krytpotian blood is.

mrblackmagic
11th November 06, 11:40 AM
Doomsday or Darkseid. Wow. Just thinking about it without those two and the real Zod. Superman had some really crappy villians.

AAAhmed46
11th November 06, 03:57 PM
Even Darkseid could be better if they improvd his look a bit.

Odacon
11th November 06, 04:14 PM
Oh my god, how can anyone not like Darkseid? Proper Darkseid I mean not the jobberseid we had recently but the one that used to slap superman around for a laugh.

KidSpatula
11th November 06, 06:56 PM
Seeing as how the first movie was a complete disaster, they should kill off the superman character completely and just have batman as the stand in hero.

WarPhalange
11th November 06, 07:00 PM
Why is he called the Man of Steel? Steel is lame by today's standards.

AAAhmed46
11th November 06, 08:04 PM
Oh my god, how can anyone not like Darkseid? Proper Darkseid I mean not the jobberseid we had recently but the one that used to slap superman around for a laugh.

Hey his powers and stuff are great, im talking about his appearance.

Odacon
12th November 06, 06:51 AM
He's a god, he can look whatever way he wants. Supes really need to take a hiding in this next film though.

Keith
12th November 06, 01:20 PM
I just want to see a plot that's anything besides "must save puny humans... oh no! kryptonite!"

AAAhmed46
12th November 06, 03:09 PM
I just want to see a plot that's anything besides "must save puny humans... oh no! kryptonite!"

Yeah pretty much!

Question!
12th November 06, 03:48 PM
Why all the fuss about a Superman sequel when the Batman Begins sequel, the Dark Knight will be far more kick ass?

AAAhmed46
12th November 06, 05:03 PM
Different appeal too, it can even be argued that they are different genres.

Odacon
12th November 06, 05:40 PM
Yes Batman will be great, but there's a chance superman will be beaten like he commited a crime. Which is always great.

AAAhmed46
13th November 06, 06:27 PM
Who knows where whats his face will go with the Zod thing or(but unlikely) doomsday?

Neildo
13th November 06, 06:32 PM
Why is he called the Man of Steel? Steel is lame by today's standards.

Because the man of titanium alloy just doesn't have the same ring to it?

AAAhmed46
13th November 06, 07:16 PM
But the comic relief potential is great!!!!

AAAhmed46
13th November 06, 07:17 PM
And when will the bat-man super-man movie come out?

Steve
14th November 06, 12:55 AM
Any thoughts about a movie where Superman is defeated and then there's a 3rd movie where he comes back for the win?

Sorta like the original Star Wars trilogy...

That would be decent, IMO (sure, it's repeating a formula but if they did it well? And it would have to be damn good to pull it off).

AAAhmed46
14th November 06, 01:21 AM
Doomsday would be the one to do it though, but they would most likely fuck with his story.

G-G-G Ghost!
14th November 06, 05:45 AM
See, I don't know that the problem of Returns was strictly that it had too much talk; just that neither the talk - nor the action - were particularly interesting

Truculent Sheep
14th November 06, 06:24 AM
We need a sequel with Lobo in it...

Phrost
14th November 06, 09:00 AM
Can we just have a crossover where Wolverine disembowels Superman? He's such a shitty character.

Shawarma
14th November 06, 09:02 AM
Seconded. The Original and the Worst.

Phrost
14th November 06, 09:04 AM
Better yet. Captain America gets a Venom symbiote, complete with Old Glory on it, and beats the shit out of him. For great justice.

Shawarma
14th November 06, 09:05 AM
Yeah, then that antiquated shitty propaganda-hero could get killed as well.

Phrost
14th November 06, 09:06 AM
Naa, he's cool now.

He's a Democrat! *rolleyes*

Shawarma
14th November 06, 09:09 AM
Superheroes now have partisan bias?

The world of comics just entered a whole new level of gaydom.

Shawarma
14th November 06, 09:10 AM
By the way, Frank Miller is making a Batman vs Osama Bin Laden comic as an homage to all those comics with Superman kicking Hitler's ass or beating up on Hirohito. It will be rule-y.

JimmyTheHutt
14th November 06, 10:35 AM
Naa, he's cool now.

He's a Democrat! *rolleyes*

More accurately, he's a populist. That and his current batch of stories are far less 4-color. They have depth, characterization beyond jingoistic platitudes, and real stories.

That's why he's cool these days.

Veritas et Lux!
Jimmy The Hutt

AAAhmed46
14th November 06, 05:12 PM
Captain america has always been awsome since he stepped into the nineties.

Neildo
14th November 06, 05:19 PM
Dude, he has tiny little wings on his head. WTF are those even for?!?!

I always thought U.S.Agent had the cooler costume, despite the wings.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/u_1d/usagent.gif

AAAhmed46
14th November 06, 06:23 PM
His shield looks badass.

mrblackmagic
28th November 06, 01:45 PM
By the way, Frank Miller is making a Batman vs Osama Bin Laden comic as an homage to all those comics with Superman kicking Hitler's ass or beating up on Hirohito. It will be rule-y.

Frank Miller is turning into the Chevy Chase of comics.

Besides the point. If the movie could capture one iota of the last animated series, I'd toss them the 8 bucks. Yep.

AAAhmed46
28th November 06, 08:43 PM
super-man animated series?

Steve
28th November 06, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing he means Batman, but I could be wrong.

Letum
2nd December 06, 06:39 PM
Hm how about.

Batman causes an atomic Bomb to detonate ontop of Supermans head, which has the side effect of giving him an immense headache whilst blocking out the sun.

He then addorns state of the art kryptonite fuelled armour and attacks Superman.

That would rule. Also, he kills Katie Holmes character from the other Batman film, the one week link.

Steve
2nd December 06, 06:48 PM
Duh?

Letum
2nd December 06, 06:56 PM
Eh I'm bored. :(

Steve
2nd December 06, 08:01 PM
Duh.

AAAhmed46
4th December 06, 07:21 PM
You DARE soil the wonderious super-man thread?

Steve
4th December 06, 09:52 PM
Duh. :(