PDA

View Full Version : Phrost made a documentary? Apparently no law requires us to file a 1040.

Stick
22nd October 06, 05:34 PM
Run time 1hr 47min

Yeah, taxes are an evil conspiracy put upon us by rich, old white men- VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

ICY
22nd October 06, 06:16 PM
F to the W to the A to the T

Stick
22nd October 06, 06:29 PM
Fwat?

WarPhalange
22nd October 06, 06:36 PM
Fuck, that's almost 2 hours long? Fuck that.

ICY
22nd October 06, 06:41 PM
FWAT...Fuck Watching All That

Stick
22nd October 06, 06:41 PM
I'd watch it all and give a short write up..... but it's boring.

Maybe Phrost will do it, he's crazy for this shit.

Phrost
22nd October 06, 06:59 PM
Is this the guy that keeps getting thrown in jail because he thinks the Income Tax is unconstitutional?

For the record, I have no issues with an income tax that is applied correctly to the nation's interests without bloat, fraud, pork, or waste. As long as government is kept small it shouldn't be a problem.

AAAhmed46
22nd October 06, 09:26 PM
Is this the guy that keeps getting thrown in jail because he thinks the Income Tax is unconstitutional?

For the record, I have no issues with an income tax that is applied correctly to the nation's interests without bloat, fraud, pork, or waste. As long as government is kept small it shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds rational.

Phrost
22nd October 06, 11:00 PM
If anything, my brand of cold rationality is what people disagree with most.

Osiris
22nd October 06, 11:03 PM
That and your genocidal undertones.

Phrost
22nd October 06, 11:12 PM
Examples?

Osiris
22nd October 06, 11:26 PM
Don't have any. Your old political posts back before you stopped posting about politics on bullshido were pretty bad.

WarPhalange
22nd October 06, 11:38 PM
Something to do with having a flat income tax but not having a flat cost of living, I think.

ICY
23rd October 06, 06:37 AM
I figure income taxes should go straight to the municipality, so people's money goes directly to supporting their community and they can see results quicker.

Phrost
23rd October 06, 09:10 AM
Something to do with having a flat income tax but not having a flat cost of living, I think.
Any time the government gets involved in the economy it is a clusterfuck; it's like asking a 4 year old to regulate the cookie jar.

That's not genocidal, that's simple economics.

The only prominent themes to my political posts on Bullshido was the Heinleinian model of national service to earn sufferage. Too many people don't value their right to vote, and too many of those who do, see it as the means to vote themselves handouts from the government with no real concern for from whence they come.

Having to earn your vote through serving the greater goals of the community is a hedge against irresponsible voting. It weeds out a lot of those who would abuse the system without giving anything back.

Osiris
23rd October 06, 09:19 AM
Didn't you also make a post about how we need to depopulate the planet?

Phrost
23rd October 06, 10:21 AM
Not with any sincerity. I do think we're eventually going to be overpopulated because humanity can't overcome its need to consume and breed. But given current events we probably won't have to deal with that problem until after we've rebuilt the irradiated areas and recovered from 10,000 years of genetic mutations from nuclear fallout.

Phrost
23rd October 06, 10:26 AM
As a side note: it's funny that nature seems to work out that way. Too few resources to share? People will start killing each other over them, unconsciously increasing the amount availble to the survivors.

That's not a statement advocating war and genocide, it's just a cold, rational observation of human nature.

AAAhmed46
23rd October 06, 03:39 PM
You know though, there IS need of social support.

People with developmental disablities need tax money for support.

A woman in edmonton froze to death at a bus stop because before tax cuts, she would have someone help her take the bus.

The fact that she took the bus gave her a feeling of independence and help her progress.

But when taxes got cut, she lost the support.

NOt knowing any better, she went off to the bus stop, and froze to death not knowng what to do.

Same with people who lost legs and arms and stuff but dont have other skills to support themselves on.

Also kids BORN into poverty. IM not talking your lazy ass guy drunk on the street.

Im talking a kid who's homeless mom fucked some guy, but cant buy money for school supplies or anything.

Is welfare abused? Yes.
Should it change? Yes.

But do some people need social programs? Yes i think they do.

Should these programs themselves make people not rely on these social programs? yes.

Do the programs teach people not to rely on social programs?

No, most seem to not.

WarPhalange
23rd October 06, 03:58 PM
Uh oh... here it comes... I can feel it...

"LIFE ISN'T MEANT TO BE FAIR!! as long as I'm not the one who is disadvantaged..."

Truculent Sheep
23rd October 06, 04:02 PM
The only prominent themes to my political posts on Bullshido was the Heinleinian model of national service to earn sufferage. Too many people don't value their right to vote, and too many of those who do, see it as the means to vote themselves handouts from the government with no real concern for from whence they come.

Having to earn your vote through serving the greater goals of the community is a hedge against irresponsible voting. It weeds out a lot of those who would abuse the system without giving anything back.

The problem with that, apart from Heinlein being an over-enthusiastic Colonel Bufton-Tufton (rtd.) and wrote novels rather than angry letters to the Daily Telegraph, is that 'earning' suffrage is a flawed idea.

Who decides what is a worthy enough service to earn the vote? A militarist culture, of the kind seen in Starship Troopers, would be corrupt beyond words (think of any military junta in recent history) and would, at best, end up like the Spartans: very good at killing things but a bit crap at everything else.

Plus, this militarism would favour military types over others, which excludes a lot of talent and favours those whose main qualification is a comission and being 'one of the boys' rather than anyone else.

And why should the military run the show? Soldiers are important, but so are plumbers, rat catchers, secretaries and rubbish collectors. Why not a society where you only get the vote if you've got a typing speed of 100 wpm or can fix a sink? Remember: Fumigating For Dry Rot = Citizenship...

WarPhalange
23rd October 06, 04:14 PM
Or scientists!

Phrost
23rd October 06, 04:43 PM
The problem with that, apart from Heinlein being an over-enthusiastic Colonel Bufton-Tufton (rtd.) and wrote novels rather than angry letters to the Daily Telegraph, is that 'earning' suffrage is a flawed idea.

Who decides what is a worthy enough service to earn the vote? A militarist culture, of the kind seen in Starship Troopers, would be corrupt beyond words (think of any military junta in recent history) and would, at best, end up like the Spartans: very good at killing things but a bit crap at everything else.

Plus, this militarism would favour military types over others, which excludes a lot of talent and favours those whose main qualification is a comission and being 'one of the boys' rather than anyone else.

And why should the military run the show? Soldiers are important, but so are plumbers, rat catchers, secretaries and rubbish collectors. Why not a society where you only get the vote if you've got a typing speed of 100 wpm or can fix a sink? Remember: Fumigating For Dry Rot = Citizenship...

Why are you assuming I only mean military service? I've always maintained that every useful function of society that is already supported by the current government could be incorporated into a Job Corps. I imagine military service would require a shorter term before citizenship is granted, but if you're studying to be a scientist or already are one, your skills would be just as useful to the nation and just as deserving of a citizenship franchise.

WarPhalange
23rd October 06, 04:48 PM
The problem?

Learning to shoot a gun: What, 13 or so weeks? I guess they give you a few more months depending on your specific job.

Studying to be a scientist = 9-11 years, before you can actually do anything useful.

Phrost
23rd October 06, 04:51 PM
We spent a week on learing basic rifle marksmanship in boot camp actually.

Obviously there are specifics that would have to be dealt with in the program; most of the people going into it would be doing so at a young age and as such would be working in a very similar capacity as are those who are currently joining the military to pay for college.

WarPhalange
23rd October 06, 05:10 PM
1) Not everybody is joining the military to pay for college.

2) It's stupid to make people choose their career at an early age.

Buzman
23rd October 06, 05:26 PM
Service guarantees citizenship. Another fine example of why that is such an excellent movie. Posers.

Truculent Sheep
23rd October 06, 07:53 PM
Why are you assuming I only mean military service? I've always maintained that every useful function of society that is already supported by the current government could be incorporated into a Job Corps. I imagine military service would require a shorter term before citizenship is granted, but if you're studying to be a scientist or already are one, your skills would be just as useful to the nation and just as deserving of a citizenship franchise.

But my point was that in order to 'qualify' for citizenship under these terms, you still have to fulfill someone else's definition of 'useful' and any such elite will by definition become corrupt over time. Plus I was paying particular attention to Heinlein because his idea is pretty much the exemplar for that but also crying out to be satirised. A Technocracy would end up as moribund and stagnant as a Junta over time, after all. And besides, Aristocracies of one form or another usually end up in the u-bend of history anyway.

I was also pointing out that the idea of enforced standards of citizenship, apart from not breaking the law and not being an arsehole, are subjective and so flawed. Going back to ancient Greece, the Athenians may well have had a working democracy, but its heavy bias did it in over time: a system that rewards those blessed with accidents of birth (like a penis and a father who was a citizen himself) or 'the right kind of thinking' won't last long.

Shawarma
23rd October 06, 08:02 PM
Sheep is right. Heinleinian society would be even more open to exploitation by a corrupt elite than state communism, mainly because you have to carry out the policies of the government in order to influence it in any way, even if those policies are the reason you signed up so you can vote to abolish them.

In my opinion: Paying taxes = eligible for the vote.

Phrost
23rd October 06, 08:59 PM
In my opinion: Paying taxes = eligible for the vote.

That's not a bad idea either. As things stand, the people who consume the most social services pay little to no taxes towards supporting them.

Osiris
23rd October 06, 09:09 PM
Service guarantees citizenship. Another fine example of why that is such an excellent movie. Posers.

DIE...

That's not a bad idea either. As things stand, the people who consume the most social services pay little to no taxes towards supporting them.

Horrible idea. Paying for your vote, I imagine we'd see a sudden rise in taxes, cutting the underclass out completely. Job = vote would be more relevant.

As far as social services go, if they had money, they wouldn't need gov services, would they?

ICY
23rd October 06, 09:13 PM
Phrost is just a Fascist in libertarian clothing.

Phrost
23rd October 06, 09:15 PM
Actually, as Marxists always like to point out, the middle and upper classes draw a significant benefit from certain social services such as police and fire in that they protect ownership of property.

I still like the Heinlein idea as long as it's properly applied. It's not much different than requiring military service and penalizing those who refuse to serve by denying them voting rights. At least in this situation you have more options than serving as a soldier.

ICY
23rd October 06, 09:34 PM
That's authoritarian, mang.

Phrost's Cousin
23rd October 06, 11:42 PM
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:f337V8VLMhMJ:video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D-3562833209373997429+google+video+35628332093739974 29&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a

There is a link to the film. It was taken down from google's main site today. I watched the whole thing and sent it off in an email to as many people as I could. Well worth watching. Not a lot about taxes. There is a lot more about the Fed and the role it plays in our government and the election process. The film then turns Orwellian asserting that we will all be mircochipped relatively soon. This of course will be preceeeded by the National ID Cards that we will be required to carry on us - PAPERZ PLEAZ.

I put $10 towards the film on the site since I watched it bootleg and I thought it was worth the money. Check it out.

ICY
23rd October 06, 11:49 PM
Tinfoil hats all around.

Steve
23rd October 06, 11:53 PM
I'm gonna tinfoil my credit cards.

Phrost
24th October 06, 06:37 AM
Downloading that video. Will rehost it here for any interested parties.

Phrost
24th October 06, 07:07 AM
Ok, I've watched about a third of it so far. The people in the video do not seem like kooks and nujobs. Several people interviewed on the subject are actually former IRS agents themselves.

It's pretty interesitng, you guys should watch it once it's rehosted here.

Stick
24th October 06, 07:12 AM
There is a link to the film. It was taken down from google's main site today. I watched the whole thing and sent it off in an email to as many people as I could. Well worth watching. Not a lot about taxes. There is a lot more about the Fed and the role it plays in our government and the election process. The film then turns Orwellian asserting that we will all be mircochipped relatively soon. This of course will be preceeeded by the National ID Cards that we will be required to carry on us - PAPERZ PLEAZ.

I'm an army brat, I grew up with a federal ID card. Frankly I cannot understand the opposition to a federal ID. Hell, I feel naked now that I don't have one- this Oklahoma state ID fucking sucks; 50 unique state IDs/driver's liscenses is just asinine.

Fuck states' rights. Up with the union! KILL THE REBEL SCUM!

Phrost's Cousin
24th October 06, 09:47 AM
I'm an army brat, I grew up with a federal ID card. Frankly I cannot understand the opposition to a federal ID. Hell, I feel naked now that I don't have one- this Oklahoma state ID fucking sucks; 50 unique state IDs/driver's liscenses is just asinine.

I am not opposed to a National ID card on its face. I am opposed to checkpoints within our country for our papers and no checkpoints when crossing from Mexico to the U.S. Seems a little bit of a double standard.

If you watch the movie, which I suggest you watch past the IRS part, because that is just the start, you will get an entirely different feel for what the National ID Cards are about. Not only that, but where we are headed based on our history. We started with NO National IDs. Social Security was created and we could get a SS # (not mandatory.) Then SS# was mandatory but not to be used for identification. Now we use the SS# for identification (try getting a job, a home loan, etc without one.) Now the National ID Card where we can not cross our own country without it and people can enter our country without even been searched for weapons or diseases.

The movie looks a ways down the road, but I get this feeling after watching the film that eventually we won't have any card identification. We will be microchipped. This is already happening to our animals. It is also being marketted to parents to chip your kids so you can locate them. This little chip sends out a radio frequency. On the plus side, you walk up to the store checkout, and the reader already knows what groceries you have and how much money you have in your account. On the negative side, the U.S. governement knows exactly where you are and what you are doing/spending at all times.

That coupled with our eroding rights (Habeas Corpus, Freedom of Speech and Assembly, Right to Bare Arms, Right of Non Self-Incrimination,) it paints a bleak picture for our future. Sure we'll get through the checkout line faster, but at what cost. Might as well have some number tatooed on your wrist.

Phrost
24th October 06, 09:54 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a non-fallacious example of the slippery slope in action. But people are too fat and happy and sedated to care, as long as nobody takes away their Doritos and Desperate Housewives.

Fuck. Bullshido Island sounds better and better as the days go by.

Osiris
24th October 06, 10:10 AM
The problem is that people have forgotten the role of the people in all of this. Ideally, Americans should be on some assassination type shit when the leadership steps out of bounds. To fight against tyranny, it must be nipped in the bud. However, Americans have grown to love their government, which is unfortunate. We take affronts to government as affronts to ourselves and would die defending THEM before defending OURSELVES. The whole basic concept is ass backwards. When Bush was elected under suspicious circumstances, motherfuckers should've been outside the whitehouse immediately with pitchforks and torches, ready to fuck shit up until every question was answered. Instead we let him in and continued to bitch. If there's one thing that you can learn from the current administration, action is always superior to standing around arguing.

Phrost's Cousin
24th October 06, 10:21 AM
1. The nation is too fat and lazy. They have been lulled by their big macs and taco bell. Could you imagine a million man march of fat assed Americans in Washington D.C.

2. We have nothing to fight the U.S. government with. They have rockets, tanks, helicopters, and bombers. I have a 12 gauge shotgun and a deer rifle. The 2nd ammendment is moot.

3. Even if the current president was removed (which I am not saying I would do anything illegal just in case Homeland Security is watching) there would just be another president JUST LIKE HIM controlled by the same people to take his/her place.

We are gonna have to roll like Gahndi. Nobody go to work, nobody pay taxes, nobody pay their bills, everyone lay down in the street to stop the economy in its tracks. Until shit is correct.

Osiris
24th October 06, 10:49 AM
2. We have nothing to fight the U.S. government with. They have rockets, tanks, helicopters, and bombers. I have a 12 gauge shotgun and a deer rifle. The 2nd ammendment is moot.

See, this is bullshit. How did people get brainwashed into believing this? The problem isn't that they can't be beaten. The problem is that people would get killed in the process. Look at Israel in Lebanon. Look at the US in Iraq.

3. Even if the current president was removed (which I am not saying I would do anything illegal just in case Homeland Security is watching) there would just be another president JUST LIKE HIM controlled by the same people to take his/her place.

No, not really. I don't think people would want to exploit the job so much if everyone flipped out all George Washington style whenever they got out of line.

Phrost's Cousin
24th October 06, 10:58 AM
See, this is bullshit. How did people get brainwashed into believing this? The problem isn't that they can't be beaten. The problem is that people would get killed in the process. Look at Israel in Lebanon. Look at the US in Iraq.

No, not really. I don't think people would want to exploit the job so much if everyone flipped out all George Washington style whenever they got out of line.

I think I overdid my point on the second ammendment. Our 2nd ammendment right was not so we could go hunt deer, but that we could keep government in check. I am sure we could go out and take care of business, but you'd have to admit that our ability to do so is somewhat diminished since their weapons have taken a HUGE leap forward and we would reduced be taking pot shots.

I see your point about the replacement president. I am just not seeing it happening in a way that would make sense. Who would step up to the plate, another politician? The leader of the revolution? Then what would happen. Back to status quo and then bust out with another revolution every so often when shit got too nepotic? We could change our name to the Republic of France!

Great discussion. I see Gahndi working well here though.

Osiris
24th October 06, 11:02 AM
Back to status quo and then bust out with another revolution every so often when shit got too nepotic?

Didn't one of the founding fathers suggest that?

Phrost
24th October 06, 12:28 PM
Thomas Jefferson said something along the lines of "The Tree of Liberty must be constantly refreshed with the blood of patriots" or such.

IMO, the main problem is that public education is not teaching the true principles on which this country was founded, having been co-opted by special interests, well-meaning but misguided hippie teachers, and a general sense of apathy. People don't see anything as broke, so they don't want to fix it.

The only option is to teach your kids what they're not learning in the educational-industrial complex (a term I use with only half sincerity).

Truculent Sheep
24th October 06, 12:33 PM

http://tinyurl.co.uk/ug0w

Shawarma
24th October 06, 12:45 PM
That poster and message is excruciatingly gay.

Stick
24th October 06, 12:53 PM
Truculent Sheep fails hard at using images to make points.

And yeah, I figure you didn't make the image, it still sucks and I still blame you.

ICY
24th October 06, 01:28 PM
[email protected] the talk of revolution from a bunch of wienies who would NEVER DO THAT SHIT. Talk shit when you pick up a rifle, LMAO!

Truculent Sheep
24th October 06, 01:48 PM
Truculent Sheep fails hard at using images to make points.

And yeah, I figure you didn't make the image, it still sucks and I still blame you.

Never mind. I'm sure you'll feel much happier when they're tatooing proof of ownership on your arse.

Truculent Sheep
24th October 06, 01:49 PM
That poster and message is excruciatingly gay.

Well, that's Tony Blair for you: Everyone's Bitch Trying To Make Everyone Else HIS Bitch.

Stick
24th October 06, 01:50 PM
Never mind. I'm sure you'll feel much happier when they're tatooing proof of ownership on your arse.

I've always wanted a tattoo.

Quit your bitching or go blow something up.

Truculent Sheep
24th October 06, 01:53 PM
I've always wanted a tattoo.

Quit your bitching or go blow something up.

Or maybe I can roll over and die like you? Blind faith in authority should only be the exclusive preserve of dogs and idiots.

ICY
24th October 06, 02:34 PM
Blind faith in authority should only be the exclusive preserve of dogs and idiots.

Are you completely, totally certain? Absolutely, positively? Always, forever?

Truculent Sheep
24th October 06, 02:37 PM
Are you completely, totally certain? Absolutely, positively? Always, forever?

Are you trying to get me married?

Phrost's Cousin
24th October 06, 02:46 PM
I don't know if taking it to the streets in an armed revolution would be the best way to fight this anyways. Probably the number one weapon that we have as a people is the internet and its ability to spread information almost instantly across the globe. First thing I would do would be to inform as many people as you can. Send them the video, and let them make up their own minds. It isn't like the media, the government, nor the FED have control over the web.

THAT BEING SAID, I sent an email off to a friend who happens to be on AOL. The email contained the link to the website for the movie as well as the bootleg video. AOL came back with an error reading that the url's provided in my email were not allowed and have been banned from their email service. AOL/Time/Warner - BOOYAH!

Get the word out first. Let them know that we know, and see what the do from there. Let's do this BJJ style. They had us in guard, now we pulled guard and are in side control. Let's see if they stick out their arms to hug us in :)

Stick
24th October 06, 09:17 PM
Get the word out first. Let them know that we know, and see what the do from there. Let's do this BJJ style. They had us in guard, now we pulled guard and are in side control. Let's see if they stick out their arms to hug us in :)

Do you actually do BJJ? Cause that flow doesn't make sense at all.

Osiris
24th October 06, 09:26 PM
Probably the number one weapon that we have as a people is the internet and its ability to spread information almost instantly across the globe.

So we can talk about shit some MORE?

Phrost's Cousin
24th October 06, 09:31 PM
lol. Nevermind. I will just email it out to everyone I guess. Yes to the bjj question. Although, I am not too good at it. Anyways, good luck with the deer rifle rebellion.

Phrost
24th October 06, 09:32 PM
Wait to send out your link until we get it rehosted here. 550+ mb video is going to rape our bandwidth, but it's worth the discussion we could have on the subject.