PDA

View Full Version : Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings: Conspiracies, Masons, Atlantis, OH MY!

Stick
16th October 06, 06:41 PM
Basically a lower rent "History's Mysteries" that I guess never got picked up by basic cable. I find this amusing.

Is America the New Atlantis?

For god's sake, this thing seriously discusses National Treasure.

Runtime 2hr 45min.

Osiris
16th October 06, 06:58 PM
Sometimes it really is some secret society conspiracy shit, but this is just asinine. Or maybe not.

mrblackmagic
16th October 06, 11:56 PM
If the Masons did found this country, they are a pale shadow of their former selves.

MEGALEF
17th October 06, 09:25 AM
So what big historical conspiracy theories have actually revealed themselves to be real conspiracies?

Osiris
17th October 06, 09:52 AM
I can buy it to an extent. Its really all in how you phrase things sometimes. Do people conspire to get shit done? All the time. Internationally? All the time. Its really a mundane thing to get a group of assholes together to do fucked up things. The problem is that the occult connections and the secret symbolism seem kinda silly, but that too is believable. Shit like that seperates members from non members quite well.

TM
17th October 06, 10:29 AM
My take is that we are a spinoff of the english crown so that we can do what it is illegal for the enlish to do. (expand west of the appalations after the kings' edict of 1763) Of cource I also believe the crown is a spinoff of the catholic church for much the same idea. (usery)

Zendetta
17th October 06, 01:07 PM
If the Masons did found this country, they are a pale shadow of their former selves.

George Washington set the cornerstone of one of the early government buidings as a masonic ritual, dressed in the full regalia of a grandmaster. Fo' Realz.

Masons/Rosicrucians were crucial in organizing the revolution and founding the repulbic.

Now the Mason's are a social club for fat middle aged businessmen.

Zendetta
17th October 06, 01:09 PM
Do people conspire to get shit done? All the time.

LOL. Listen to the paranoid black guy - he's onto something here.

"Conspire" mean to "share breath" - to huddle close and talk/plan/scheme. A pretty basic part of human nature, imo. To outsiders its a "conspiracy" (gasp!).

To the insiders it looks like an affinity group.